+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shostakovich String Quartet No. 8 - A Story of the Nazi Holocaust

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 times in 189 posts

Default Shostakovich String Quartet No. 8 - A Story of the Nazi Holocaust

Hi all,

This is a piece of music that I had to spontaneously play parts of it for a rehearsal with a group of dancers yesterday, in preparation for upcoming performances.

At the top of the music notes, it's written: "In memory of the victims of fascism and war". What this really means is a dedication for the victims and survivors of the Nazi Holocaust. Not so many people know that some parts of this music express scenes of the Nazis knocking on the doors of the Jewish people, collecting and sending them off to the camps.

The story of war and chaos expressed through this music has been passed down and around more directly among the musicians, which I thought I could share with more people here, as I feel it reflects a lot of the worldly happenings in our time now. Some of the comments on the youtube page are informative and interesting as well.

I hope it touches people's hearts as it does mine, in musical ways as well as in personal ways that one can relate to.

Remember that all is One. -Edgar Cayce

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th November 2017), Bluegreen (18th November 2017), Charles Harris (18th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th November 2017), genevieve (18th November 2017), kirolak (18th November 2017), raregem (18th November 2017)

+ Reply to Thread