+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FCC is going to change the internet

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

Default FCC is going to change the internet

So I have not seen people discussing this issue on this site and it worries me.

Ajit Paii, former lawyer for Verizon and still toady for the TELECOM giants, is going to change the classification of the internet to make it NOT a public utility.

if you dont understand what having the internet be title 2 is.

Then watch short video

They are pitching it as getting rid of "obama era regulations" as a scare tactic and that the heavy hand of government is making it hard for the poor poor telecoms to innovate.

This is BS. Straight and simple.

If you are in favor of the change, then you should rewatch the video again.

If you are in favor of the change, just wait until Avalon doesnt load because your ISP decides for you that Avalon data is not important(as I dont think that Avalon will pay the premium for their data being put in the fast lane.)

I understand that this crowd tends to lean more conservative and anti regulation. This isnt regulation it is making sure that EQUALITY is upheld.

All data on the internet should be treated EQUALLY.

You need to contact your Reps and Senators and ask that they fight this proposed changed.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,098 times in 2,584 posts

Default Re: FCC is going to change the internet

Ajit Pai is chairman at the FCC.

https://www.fcc.gov/about/overview

I just posted earlier today regarding how we should hold the FCC accountable.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1192127

When I was looking around the FCC website, I kind of got the feeling that they are serving the U.N. Agenda more than the interests of the American people.

The control over the Internet goes along those lines. Here they talk about Internet Freedom:

https://www.fcc.gov/about-fcc/fcc-initiatives
    Just like a lot of agendas, their words indicate the opposite of what they are up to.

Like I stated in my earlier post--it's time for accountability.

MM

(Looks like the ole revolving door strategy between the corporations and the government regulatory agencies.)
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 22nd November 2017 at 07:49.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Bruno (22nd November 2017), conk (22nd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd November 2017), justntime2learn (22nd November 2017), Noelle (22nd November 2017), Omni (22nd November 2017), Reinhard (22nd November 2017), Tintin (22nd November 2017)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

This is something I am concerned about Praxis! You can not count on corporate interests to think for a moment about the plebs, it is all about greed. If we think fake news is a problem now it could get a whole lot worse. I know many people don't like government regulation but this is must in my mind.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (22nd November 2017), Michelle Marie (22nd November 2017), Noelle (22nd November 2017), Omni (22nd November 2017)

6. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Here's the incomparable John Oliver's latest piece on Net Neutrality. In 13 minutes, he explains what it is, and why and how the latest threat to it is pending in the U.S. government. Excellent piece ... clear, to the point and very disturbing ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92vuuZt7wak

B.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Bruno (23rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd November 2017), Michelle Marie (22nd November 2017), Omni (22nd November 2017), TargeT (22nd November 2017)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Fellow Aspirant (here)
    Here's the incomparable John Oliver's latest piece on Net Neutrality. In 13 minutes, he explains what it is, and why and how the latest threat to it is pending in the U.S. government. Excellent piece ... clear, to the point and very disturbing ...

B.

I almost hope this happens, I'd like to see "another" internet set up (competition); this would stop the NSA from only having to watch "one" internet... I'd be interested in setting up a small version myself; it's pretty simple with microwave transmitters.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bruno (23rd November 2017), Fellow Aspirant (23rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd November 2017), gaiagirl (23rd November 2017), lisalu (23rd November 2017), Michelle Marie (22nd November 2017), zebowho (22nd November 2017)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

That's the thing these changes inspire: alternatives.

An alternative to Google search engine is DuckDuckGo.

Some alternatives to YouTube are Vimeo and BitChute.

Make us our own free Internet, TargeT! 😊

Also, with our higher frequencies we will soon be using telepathy and other technologies that don't require AI.

Just I

I was just working on a presentation earlier today called: "We ARE the Technology"

🌀🌟🌀MM🌀🌟🌀
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Bruno (23rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd November 2017), Smell the Roses (16th December 2017)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

Ajit Pai gets my shill of the month award. I wish this corruption to be prosecuted.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Blacklight43 (23rd November 2017), Bruno (23rd November 2017), Fellow Aspirant (23rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd November 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd November 2017), TargeT (22nd November 2017)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    Well, if by "free" you mean open and unfettered by ISP f**kery... sure.. but not "free" in a monetary sense unfortunately

Quote Posted by Omnisense (here)
    Ajit Pai gets my shill of the month award. I wish this corruption to be prosecuted.

Yeah, trump certainly seems to have filled the swamp a bit with this move (appointing Pai)...naivety or intentional malice...?
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bruno (23rd November 2017), Fellow Aspirant (23rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd November 2017), gaiagirl (23rd November 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd November 2017), Omni (23rd November 2017)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member bobme's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 times in 234 posts

Wait a minute here. Was it not that long ago, that the fcc took control of the internet, calling it a national security threat?

Or am I wrong?
    Last edited by bobme; 23rd November 2017 at 01:02.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bobme For This Post:

Bruno (23rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd November 2017), gaiagirl (23rd November 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd November 2017)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bobme (here)
    Wait a minute here. Was it not that long ago, that the fcc took control of the internet, calling it a national security threat?

Or am I wrong?
    In 2012 FBI Director Mueller said: "Down the road the cyber threat will be the number one threat to The country."

https://www.fcc.gov/general/cyber-se...rk-reliability

They work through the CSRIC (Communications, Security, Reliability, Interoperabiliy Council) the advisory committee made up of industry leaders, academics, innovators in communications, Federal partners, public safety entities, state and local government officials, and Internet registries.

Members include Joel Molinoff from CBS tv, Francisco Sanchez from TX Homeland Security, Peter Fonash-Dept of Homeland Security..more at this link:

http://www.4-traders.com/news/FCC-Fe...ced--20549259/

MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 23rd November 2017 at 01:54.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Bruno (23rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd November 2017), gaiagirl (23rd November 2017)

20. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

B.

I almost hope this happens, I'd like to see "another" internet set up (competition); this would stop the NSA from only having to watch "one" internet... I'd be interested in setting up a small version myself; it's pretty simple with microwave transmitters.
    An alternate web would be hugely limited in what it would provide access to. Right now, the big players offer sites that are hugely useful to most people. YouTube, for example. There's nothing to stop anyone from "going rogue" right now. Who would use it, though?

No, better to keep free access for the web as we know it.

B.

B.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Bruno (23rd November 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd November 2017), gaiagirl (23rd November 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd November 2017), neutronstar (23rd November 2017)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    That's the thing these changes inspire: alternatives.

An alternative to Google search engine is DuckDuckGo.

Some alternatives to YouTube are Vimeo and BitChute.

Also, with our higher frequencies we will soon be using telepathy and other technologies that don't require AI.

Just I

I was just working on a presentation earlier today called: "We ARE the Technology"

🌀🌟🌀MM🌀🌟🌀
    Yes alternative search engines are great, but this isn't about that, it's about service providers being able block or slow access to places on-line that don't provide them financial incentives. So if a government or corporation can pay they get better service or in a worst case scenario, they can pay to slow other sites like for example our little Motley Crue at Project Avalon.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (23rd November 2017), Omni (23rd November 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 times in 371 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

B.

An alternate web would be hugely limited in what it would provide access to. Right now, the big players offer sites that are hugely useful to most people. YouTube, for example. There's nothing to stop anyone from "going rogue" right now. Who would use it, though?

No, better to keep free access for the web as we know it.

B.

B.
    Exactly, Setting up a new web would mean setting up a whole new infrastructure. That would be extremely expensive.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neutronstar For This Post:

Bruno (24th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd November 2017)

26. Link to Post #14
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

Quote Posted by bobme (here)

Or am I wrong?
    I think this is a good question.

As far as I am aware,the FCC only has regulatory control over the internet and ISPs. They do this by issuing regulations into the Code of Federal Regulations(CFR).

So in this sense, they do "have control" over the internet.

The more interesting question inmy mind is what kind of hand Cybercomm has. For those who are not aware
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United..._Cyber_Command

Which as you can see in the wiki article was raised to a FULL command inthe Unified Combatant Command Structure of the DoD.

Which is interesting because this site http://www.stratcom.mil/Media/Factsh...nd-uscybercom/
    Doesnt mention this and is over a year old in terms of being up to date.

If you are not aware of the Unified Combatant Command, you should be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_combatant_command

Understanding how the military is organized, is the first step to understanding the deep state and Secret Space program.

+ Reply to Thread