+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1 7 17 35 LastLast

Thread: Racism

1. Link to Post #121
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Default Re: Racism

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    If my daily thoughts were made public, I'd probably get locked up My friends and family would be horrified.

I don't even know where some of them come from. Sometimes I don't even feel like they're my thoughts! Sometimes I feel like an observer, just watching these thoughts flit thru my brain.

It doesn't really disturb me anymore. What you resist, persists. I don't fight them, I just watch them come and go.
    I definitely know what you mean. This could be a topic of it's own, but I certainly feel that not all of "my" thoughts originate from my Self (pardon the pun), because they feel so alien in their origin. I do believe that our brains are receivers of consciousness and also they are running the thought program which they are supposed to and we get the constant loop of thoughts from the collective unconscious or what ever name you like to use... Rupert Sheldrake talks about the morphic resonance or nature's mind.

It's just interesting indeed to observe thoughts and wonder where on Earth are they coming from. It's a meditative practice to remain as the witness and just observe the thoughts without becoming attached or identifying with them. With self-reflection we become less impulsive and we are able to make more rational and heart-based decisions instead of hasty or even terrible ones which we sometimes happen to do thanks to our limited human judgment.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

DNA (20th December 2017), Ewan (20th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (19th December 2017), gaiagirl (1st January 2018), Iloveyou (20th December 2017), Mark (21st December 2017), Michelle Marie (20th December 2017), Mike (19th December 2017), petra (20th December 2017), thunder24 (19th December 2017)

3. Link to Post #122
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,951 times in 2,389 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    Villival says above in Post #92 her reaction to the hate spewed against her was she was so stunned she could hardly breathe. Most whites would react that way because imo many whites are still in a bubble regarding race. They believe if they love or respect everybody then surely the world will reciprocate likewise.
    That sparked an interesting thought sequence in myself. It went like this:

1. Here in Ecuador, if any Ecuadorian vented like that to me I too would be utterly shocked. (Nothing like that has ever happened to me.)
    2. But in Ecuador, the locals wouldn't do that. They just don't behave like that. They're far more contained and introverted as a culture.
    3. But, some of them may think it.
    4. So if they just think it, and never express it, does that make the sentiment okay?
    5. Is holding the sentiment 'racism', even if it's never acted on externally?
    6. If only overt expression or action constitutes racism, then is it all just fine for people to think or believe whatever they like, as long as they never express it?
    It is still racist, the speaking is the least of it. In order to act racist it has to come from a racist mindset. Many a word of wisom in old adages, it is the thought that counts and the quantum folk would likely be the first to agree.

Another question is how do so many learn to be racist, for it is an acquired trait. Is it simple osmosis from cultural values or something more sinister, most likely a mix of both. Then why do some people resist and never become like (some of) their peers.
    I disagree Ewan. We are judged by our actions, not our thoughts.

And no one is perfect, we all have differing fleeting thoughts that are occasionally at odds with one another.
    We are judged by our peers on this level by our actions, yes. But outside the third dimension, where we have no idea the result of thought?

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

DNA (20th December 2017), Flash (20th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th December 2017), gaiagirl (1st January 2018), Iloveyou (20th December 2017), Michelle Marie (20th December 2017)

5. Link to Post #123
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,461 times in 2,849 posts

Hey, welcome back. It's very good to have you here.

I'd love you to add what value, perspectives, and insights you feel you can. (There may be a lot to read! But some of it I think may be quite interesting. )
    Thank you, Bill. I think there might be a few areas where I can add value by presenting a certain perspective that has not been presented in this thread thus far. I have read every post in it and I appreciate every single entry. I value the personal insights from a diverse range of souls who have thought deeply about this issue and its effect upon the human entity, our cultures and institutions.

It is very important that this record exists here, in Project Avalon, as one of the vaunted portals of the so-called Alternative Community (AltCom). These are fateful days and every, single one of the choices we each make is very, very important. Not only for the sake of our own souls but for our collective futures and those of our children.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

DNA (20th December 2017), Ewan (20th December 2017), Flash (20th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th December 2017), Franny (21st December 2017), gaiagirl (1st January 2018), Kate (22nd December 2017), Michelle Marie (21st December 2017), Mike (20th December 2017), T Smith (5th June 2019), Wind (20th December 2017), WTHTLight (21st December 2017)

7. Link to Post #124
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Mike, the first part of your post made me laugh from the gut.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

DNA (20th December 2017), Flash (20th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), gaiagirl (1st January 2018), Michelle Marie (21st December 2017), Mike (20th December 2017)

9. Link to Post #125
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Villival (here)
    Mike, the first part of your post made me laugh from the gut.
    yes, I laughed too. Then I thought, but did not say (well, now writing it):

Mike who tells you your friends and family are not already horrified by your thoughts they know about but, like you, haven't told you what they think. lolllllll
    Vive la télépathie!!! lollll
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

DNA (20th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), Michelle Marie (21st December 2017), Mike (20th December 2017)

11. Link to Post #126
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 times in 4,313 posts

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    Villival says above in Post #92 her reaction to the hate spewed against her was she was so stunned she could hardly breathe. Most whites would react that way because imo many whites are still in a bubble regarding race. They believe if they love or respect everybody then surely the world will reciprocate likewise.
    That sparked an interesting thought sequence in myself. It went like this:

1. Here in Ecuador, if any Ecuadorian vented like that to me I too would be utterly shocked. (Nothing like that has ever happened to me.)
    2. But in Ecuador, the locals wouldn't do that. They just don't behave like that. They're far more contained and introverted as a culture.
    3. But, some of them may think it.
    4. So if they just think it, and never express it, does that make the sentiment okay?
    5. Is holding the sentiment 'racism', even if it's never acted on externally?
    6. If only overt expression or action constitutes racism, then is it all just fine for people to think or believe whatever they like, as long as they never express it?
    It is still racist, the speaking is the least of it. In order to act racist it has to come from a racist mindset. Many a word of wisom in old adages, it is the thought that counts and the quantum folk would likely be the first to agree.

Another question is how do so many learn to be racist, for it is an acquired trait. Is it simple osmosis from cultural values or something more sinister, most likely a mix of both. Then why do some people resist and never become like (some of) their peers.
    I disagree Ewan. We are judged by our actions, not our thoughts.

And no one is perfect, we all have differing fleeting thoughts that are occasionally at odds with one another.
    We are judged by our peers on this level by our actions, yes. But outside the third dimension, where we have no idea the result of thought?
    Mike alluded to it earlier but I will out and out say it. You are not your thoughts. And when you die your thoughts will no longer appear to you as now.
    This is just basic "credo mutwa" archon class 101 stuff.
    You are not your thoughts, you are judged by how you react, endure and act upon such thoughts.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), gaiagirl (1st January 2018), Michelle Marie (21st December 2017), petra (20th December 2017), TargeT (20th December 2017)

13. Link to Post #127
    Thanks

I hope you remain a member here for a long time to come.
    Hi DNA, thank you for your kind words. I consider you a man of firm conviction and knowledge as well. It is good to be back.

I'm not a fan of Antifa, from what I understand it is a movement funded by George Soros to help destroy the Middle Class of the United States, as the Middle Class of the United States is one of the greatest obstacles to a one world government.
    It seems to me that there is a globalist agenda in regards to social engineering, and right now we are seeing the United States experiencing the full brunt of this social engineering via a controlled media.
    I agree without qualification. I do have a caveat though: that there is another elite Cabal that works on the opposite side of things, the Koch brothers and others being potential representatives, that seek to socially engineer as well. Perhaps there is some collusion on both sides of the coin, as their goals seem to be the same. The destruction of a thinking, involved, financially stable segment of the national and global population.

This controlled media has attempted to create a divide in the United States, a racial divide, and now there seems to be an attempt at making a divide between the sexes as well.
    I would say that the controlled media is exacerbating a racial divide that is already there. That is historic and has been documented for many decades and over a century now. That has resulted in real world negative externalities and internalities that some populations of this nation and the world seem to want to forget or minimize.

I believe Antifa to be one of the tools used in creating a racial divide, and I also believe Donald Trump to be aware of many of the machinations put in place and that Donald Trump is attempting as best he can to thwart the attempts of the Globalists to destroy the Middle Class of the United States.

I'm a huge fan of Donald Trump and if we as a country are to survive the onslaught of what is to come, then folks like myself are going to have to try and communicate the situation we see to folks who are quite capable of understanding it, but as of right now appear to not.
    When I left PA at the dawn of the Drumpf era, I didn't just leave this forum I left the entire AltCom. I've been AltCom since before there was AltCom. Reading Von Danniken in the 70s, experiencing psychic and spiritual revelations at young ages, Sitchen and Cooper in the 90s and many, many others, while coming to terms with the nature of my own youthful experiences in the military industrial complex, my journey has encompassed decades and a total commitment to discovering the truth and the whole truth by parsing data and creating an holistic and comprehensive world view that included all aspects of people activity. When a certain form of White Nationalism began to achieve ascendency about 4, 5 years ago, my comfort with the AltCom diminished and as it grew stronger and stronger I felt I had to retreat from what had become an increasingly hostile environment where I had very few allies with the knowledge or understanding to recognize the nature of my particular journey.

There are very few black folks with my experiences. The President you support does not support me and those who are a part of me. Not just black folks, but brown folks, red folks. People I know.

All I can say in regards to him, is that I hope that your faith in him is well-placed. By stating that, and in this I am speaking to all that support him, I am, in an even greater sense, hoping that there is some common belief and understanding out there that all people are indeed created equal, that souls possess egalitarian qualities, even if our bodies do not in these worldly cultures and material spaces and places.
    Last edited by Mark; 20th December 2017 at 18:53.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

DNA (20th December 2017), Flash (20th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), Franny (21st December 2017), gaiagirl (1st January 2018), Michelle Marie (21st December 2017), T Smith (5th June 2019), TargeT (20th December 2017), Wind (20th December 2017)

15. Link to Post #128
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,951 times in 2,389 posts

Mike alluded to it earlier but I will out and out say it. You are not your thoughts. And when you die your thoughts will no longer appear to you as now.
    Yes indeed. And I was alluding to acting upon those thoughts as opposed to watching them fly by. I hope this clarifies things. Act on the thought and the butterflies wings tremble.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

DNA (20th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), gaiagirl (1st January 2018), Helene West (21st December 2017), Michelle Marie (21st December 2017), petra (20th December 2017), TargeT (20th December 2017)

17. Link to Post #129
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    The President you support does not support me and those who are a part of me. Not just black folks, but brown folks, red folks. People I know.
    Is this based on policy, or actions, or history or what?

I (and I assume I'm not alone in this thought process) do not see how what you are saying is backed by actions of the current president . I know there is a large volume of vitriol on both sides of the false D/R dichotomy, but how much of it is based on actions and current situations?

is This the proof? Or maybe This? I'm reading these articles and they seem like hit pieces with very little actual backing.

I would assume that by now we would either see this as an injected divide and conquer issue (my vote), or a provable case of racism.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Antagenet (1st January 2018), DNA (20th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), Helene West (21st December 2017), Mark (21st December 2017), Michelle Marie (21st December 2017), T Smith (5th June 2019)

19. Link to Post #130
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Yes indeed. And I was alluding to acting upon those thoughts as opposed to watching them fly by. I hope this clarifies things. Act on the thought and the butterflies wings tremble.
    I consider it might be possible for powerful thoughts in this level to sort of "bleed over" to other places that overlap. By powerful thoughts I mean ones with a lot of emotion attached too. Violent thoughts especially. We all know what feelings are like - they're powerful and we can feel it. Maybe what wasn't possible before could be now. I consider that about other things as well... because it's certainly possible for something which was once safe to cease to be safe any longer.

Violent thoughts I've considered at some length, because I don't seem to have any. I only recall two violent thoughts I had ever, and one of those is regretting not punching someone. The other was more scary, I actually visualized a violent thought about punching a friend of mine in the nose when she made a snotty remark to me, and the image kindof frightened me. A few days later the girl I visualized had a series of unfortunate occurrences which coincidentally made her look like she had been punched in the face a bunch of times. I remember joking she looked like Rocky...I guess we can both be pretty snotty. Anyway my point is, maybe it's possible for there to be some kind of "side effects" at this level.
    Last edited by petra; 20th December 2017 at 21:43.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

DNA (20th December 2017), Ewan (21st December 2017), gaiagirl (1st January 2018), Michelle Marie (21st December 2017), TargeT (22nd December 2017)

21. Link to Post #131
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I agree without qualification. I do have a caveat though: that there is another elite Cabal that works on the opposite side of things, the Koch brothers and others being potential representatives, that seek to socially engineer as well. Perhaps there is some collusion on both sides of the coin, as their goals seem to be the same. The destruction of a thinking, involved, financially stable segment of the national and global population.
    Indeed.
    I will tell you without hesitation that I am absolutely through with partisan politics.
    The politicians for the last four or five decades have been subverted and controlled.
    This has been done by the intelligence agencies, especially the CIA.
    The CIA's job is not to monitor foreign threats but to monitor,spy and control domestic policy and the men who make that policy.
    Who gives the CIA it's orders? We can see with how at odds the CIA is with Trump that it is not the President of the USA who controls the CIA.
    I'll tell you who gives the CIA it's orders. It's guys like this.

The CIA and the banking elite control the media as well.

The fact that we see the deep state at such odds with Donald Trump is evidence enough to me to at least consider that he is not in line with the banking elite and their invasion of the middle east war agendas and their destroying the middle class of America agendas.

I would say that the controlled media is exacerbating a racial divide that is already there. That is historic and has been documented for many decades and over a century now. That has resulted in real world negative externalities and internalities that some populations of this nation and the world seem to want to forget or minimize.
    Indeed, but do you want to burn it all down in the hopes that doing so will make it easier to start from scratch and make it right?
    The elite would like us to think so. I on the other hand do not want that. Things are not perfect but when have they ever been?
    You and I are of about the same age, we have seen amazing changes happen in our life times. Great things.
    These changes have come quite rapidly if you think about where things where when we were kids.

When I left PA at the dawn of the Drumpf era, I didn't just leave this forum I left the entire AltCom. I've been AltCom since before there was AltCom. Reading Von Danniken in the 70s, experiencing psychic and spiritual revelations at young ages, Sitchen and Cooper in the 90s and many, many others, while coming to terms with the nature of my own youthful experiences in the military industrial complex, my journey has encompassed decades and a total commitment to discovering the truth and the whole truth by parsing data and creating an holistic and comprehensive world view that included all aspects of people activity. When a certain form of White Nationalism began to achieve ascendency about 4, 5 years ago, my comfort with the AltCom diminished and as it grew stronger and stronger I felt I had to retreat from what had become an increasingly hostile environment where I had very few allies with the knowledge or understanding to recognize the nature of my particular journey.
    I'm guessing you are talking about the tea party. I kind of felt that way about the tea party as well. The tea party seemed to be a reaction against the election of a black President. I do not associate that movement with Trump.
    That movement has not endeared itself to Trump, look how at odds Paul Ryan has been with Trump.
    There are very few black folks with my experiences. The President you support does not support me and those who are a part of me. Not just black folks, but brown folks, red folks. People I know.
    Let me ask you this. How did Hilary and the left support those same people?
    Bill Clinton's NAFTA and trade agreements like it have gutted American manufacturing. Environmental accords have acted to make the USA as completely unacceptable in terms of what businesses would have to do in order to appease draconian global warming laws while the rest of the world would not have to abide by them.
    People of all colors need jobs not social services. I've seen up close and personal in so far as social services and what welfare and the like do to people. I grew up on welfare as a kid. It doesn't help people it retards them in their progress. I live next to one of the largest Native American reservations in the world. I deal with Natives daily who are not being done any favors in terms of reservations, welfare and isolation. Social services and welfare will no longer exist if the economy continues to be as gutted and strangled as it has become. And then where will folks be? Things will be 100X times worse than the great depression if the economy collapses and those social services are terminated.

All I can say in regards to him, is that I hope that your faith in him is well-placed. By stating that, and in this I am speaking to all that support him, I am, in an even greater sense, hoping that there is some common belief and understanding out there that all people are indeed created equal, that souls possess egalitarian qualities, even if our bodies do not in these worldly cultures and material spaces and places.
    I don't see Trump as a racist. I just don't.
    Trump doesn't have to be an equality activist to prove he is not a racist.
    PS
    I borrowed the Rockefeller pics from Bluegreen, thanks.
    Last edited by DNA; 21st December 2017 at 00:32.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Antagenet (1st January 2018), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), Helene West (21st December 2017), KiwiElf (21st December 2017), Mark (21st December 2017), Michelle Marie (21st December 2017), T Smith (5th June 2019), TargeT (22nd December 2017)

23. Link to Post #132
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    The President you support does not support me and those who are a part of me. Not just black folks, but brown folks, red folks. People I know.
    [...]
    I would assume that by now we would either see this as an injected divide and conquer issue (my vote), or a provable case of racism.
    If you don't see it I can't help you. That is actually not my issue nor concern. I'm not here to argue anyone's position. As I've perused this thread I've been very happy to see that people have allowed each other their opinions and understandings without being belligerent or ugly about it. I hope that shall continue. My response about the president was based upon my perspective as a black American man of a certain socioeconomic level. And upon my perusal of a wealth of information. I do not require the validation of anyone here to support or dismiss what I know to be true. It should be very clear by now that perspective is everything. That "truth" depends upon where you sit. Ultimate Truth is something else altogether.
    Last edited by Hervé; 21st December 2017 at 12:01. Reason: Fixed nested quotes.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

DNA (21st December 2017), Ewan (21st December 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), Kate (22nd December 2017), Michelle Marie (28th December 2017), T Smith (5th June 2019), TargeT (22nd December 2017)

25. Link to Post #133
    Thanks

[...]
    If you don't see it I can't help you. That is actually not my issue nor concern. I'm not here to argue anyone's position. As I've perused this thread I've been very happy to see that people have allowed each other their opinions and understandings without being belligerent or ugly about it. I hope that shall continue. My response about the president was based upon my perspective as a black American man of a certain socioeconomic level. And upon my perusal of a wealth of information. I do not require the validation of anyone here to support or dismiss what I know to be true. It should be very clear by now that perspective is everything. That "truth" depends upon where you sit. Ultimate Truth is something else altogether.
    I personally am very interested in your truth Rakhyt, from your perspective. when do we have the opportunity to truly listen at what others on the other sides of A fence, can tell us about their experience.

And those experiences have to do with biaises, policies, culture, but definitely not with politics in my views. Political party will only use what is already ingrained in people.

I was talking a deep talk with a black woman, friend of mine lately. We were having coffee in a coffee shop, talking about difficulties of having good positions and making decent money. I was telling her about the sexism I often encountered in my career, and now the ageism, which is incredibly very much prevalent, and how it made me feel so insecure and at some point doubt about myself.

She started telling me about racism, you know, the racism that those doing it are not even aware they are acting racists.

Having been raised in a country of black people, and being very well educated, she used to have full confidence in herself in her country of origin. She told me that nothing could stop her, she truly believed she could succeed in anything she decided to do. A bit like some North American thing of themselves.

So she decided to immigrate to Canada, despite the odds against her being admitted. And, as she knew she could, because she did not doubt herself, well, she did and came to Canada as an full fledge immigrant from the start.

Once here, she started to look for jobs. The only jobs she would find were little bit above minimal salary. Not enough to pay for her living expense, so she got 2 jobs, day and evening. We are talking here of a University graduate.

She continued to apply for jobs, but was over and over and over again rejected.

Then, at her two workplaces, she started to hear subtle comments on her skills, her abilities, her being different because not originally Canadian, her not understanding our culture, whatever. So many comments over time that she started to doubt herself.

Also, being a pretty woman, men would chase her, often low life men who thought a black woman would take them since no white ones would, not seeing that it had nothing to do with the women's color but rather with their own behavior. So she started to think she did not deserve that much in terms of companion you see. Day in day out, tens of comments or non verbal cues or behaviors, everywhere.

She was slowly telling me all she lived, and ended up saying : you cannot imagine how destructive racism is. You have no clue, it is soooooo insidious.

What she was sharing felt to me like sexism in a Middle East countries, which I had lived (not in turkey, Turks are no more sexists than Italians, but definitely in Jordan).

There, you cannot talk to men, if you do, your words are like puff of air passing by, no grabbing any of your thoughts, no interest, no nothing, you do not exist, you are just a stupid woman. And with time, you start feeling stupid (and I very well know here in Canada that I am not stupid at all).

It is really like constant mental torture imposed by a sadistic narcissistic husband to his wife years over years over years. she ends up with no more inner power, completely destroyed.

Same with racism or sexism, I think
    Last edited by Hervé; 21st December 2017 at 12:08. Reason: Fixed quoted nested quotes.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

DNA (22nd December 2017), Ewan (21st December 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), Hervé (21st December 2017), Kate (22nd December 2017), Mark (21st December 2017), Mike (22nd December 2017), petra (21st December 2017), TargeT (22nd December 2017), Wind (21st December 2017)

27. Link to Post #134
    Language
    English
    Thanks

If you don't see it I can't help you. That is actually not my issue nor concern.
    Okay, I'll bite.
    Obama invades, kills and displaces tens of millions of people.
    Yet Trump is the bad guy when he ends all of this? Think about that.
    Note the countries invaded and wars that have been started during Trump's tenure?
    What about the rhetoric of "change" Obama ran his campaign on?
    Obama out bombed, killed and invaded his predecessor, so what change was he talking about?

You are living in a dream world Rahkyt. A world where Obama is a good person.
    My guess is you left the alternative community due to cognitive dissonance, you saw the truth and refused to believe it.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Antagenet (1st January 2018), Helene West (21st December 2017), TargeT (22nd December 2017), turiya (23rd December 2017)

29. Link to Post #135
    Thanks

If you don't see it I can't help you. That is actually not my issue nor concern.
    Okay, I'll bite.
    Obama invades, kills and displaces tens of millions of people.
    Yet Trump is the bad guy when he ends all of this? Think about that.
    Note the countries invaded and wars that have been started during Trump's tenure?
    What about the rhetoric of "change" Obama ran his campaign on?
    Obama out bombed, killed and invaded his predecessor, so what change was he talking about?

You are living in a dream world Rahkyt. A world where Obama is a good person.
    My guess is you left the alternative community due to cognitive dissonance, you saw the truth and refused to believe it.
    Maybe you should not bite DNA

Obama obeyed, Trump obeys, they all obey to a pyramidal structure in which they are pretty much at the bottom of the top.

Racism has nothing to do with politics, it has to do with culture and personal or group entitlement. Most of Rome population were slaves. Vicking would invade, kidnap and sell the slaves to Rome where some would be made ennuques to be sold in Sultanat and Harems as guards. That is where racism starts. Entitlement to use free labor without giving any condition in return for slavery, or to use subgroups in order to get either their labor or their goods for a very cheap return to them.

In these terms, we are discriminated against if we think of the hierarchy to which Obama and Trump obey. If you were listening to the very rich, or to some politicians, this is exactly what they think of us, we are the labor, the unthinking masses to be used, stolen, etc. This is racism often called discrimination.

Now, there is no way I will ever think that there is no culturally based racism based on race differences in North america, no way, I have seen too much of it myself.
    Last edited by Flash; 21st December 2017 at 10:19.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

DNA (22nd December 2017), Mark (21st December 2017), TargeT (22nd December 2017)

31. Link to Post #136
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

"....When a certain form of White Nationalism began to achieve ascendency about 4, 5 years ago...,
    "White Nationalism"? As if "nationalism" alone wasn't bad enough! Two words, both defamed. Nationalism traditionally meant patriotism, pride in one's country. Or at least it did when I was younger. It could possibly today be expanded to also mean protectiveness of one's country in the face of (globalist) assault/attack. But it is increasingly being used in a pejorative way, mainly because of it purposely linked with the word "white". There are among those whom you purport to speak for that would place the word "white" in the dictionary as a synonym for the word "evil" if they could get away with it.

Two words, both individually defamed and now strung together for a double dose of defamation. Strange that I've been white for decades and never met a 'white nationalist'. Could it be because there is no such thing? At least not in reality, but as a racist construct it exists along with "white privilege" and other weaponized buzz phrases sourced from jealousy, envy, fear and a desire to hurt - at best to shut up and disempower, at worst to eradicate, caucasian people.

Today's linguistic elaboration of defamation of a race of people comes to us in varying communication media. It's coupled with classes and workshops in "whiteness" (the badness thereof) in our educational system. Two large institutions/industries, media and education, both embodying a degree of authority, allow, some would be tempted to say, encourage, this. And who owns these institutions/industries? The owners of these industries are giving a wide berth of freedom and safety for the defamatory techniques and activities of those who are cavalierly making use of them. What's more, this latter group seems to be blissfully unaware that they are relying on the backing of the richest white boys in the world in having this freedom to publicly nurture their linguistic and activist psy-ops.

That's a dangerous basket to put one's eggs in.

It's not entirely true what you say about the divide. At least not amongst activists it wasn't. I was a socialist/feminist in college post vietnam war and I attended many functions of black, latin american and the budding gay movement, AND vice-verse.

Why did we feel unity with eachother back then as opposed to now???
    Because back then class oppression was seen as the source of oppressions. Today everything is race and gender. How galactically convenient for the (white) ruling class of the west. (the east has its own ruling class). The corporate, international oligarchs know the omission of class consciousness in activism and the emphasis on race and gender as the source of oppression is a major form of protection for themselves. Ordinary whites are the patsies, the sacrifice, the distraction, while the western oligarchs press on with their one world government goals almost unnoticed, existence denied by the race and gender crowd. The irony of life! Those who blather on about white privilege doom themselves to protecting it.

I've already typed too much. I'm getting older and the predictable focus on survival is predominating over caring much more about all this anyhow. Pray the elites don't panic and pull the economic plug... On the other hand if they do, we ALL will find out right quick what our real priorities should have been... thx

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Antagenet (1st January 2018), DNA (22nd December 2017), Flash (21st December 2017), Mark (21st December 2017), TargeT (22nd December 2017), Valerie Villars (24th December 2017)

33. Link to Post #137
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    She was slowly telling me all she lived, and ended up saying : you cannot imagine how destructive racism is. You have no clue, it is soooooo insidious.

It is really like constant mental torture imposed by a sadistic narcissistic husband to his wife years over years over years. she ends up with no more inner power, completely destroyed.

Very well put Flash. This story puts a lot into perspective. Torture.. insidious.... harsh words, but if the shoe fits. If only we would realize that by hurting other people in this way, we're only hurting ourselves in the long run.

EDIT: Side thought... If I were to offend anyone in this way, without realizing it, even in the slightest, I sure would appreciate if they told me so!!
    Last edited by petra; 21st December 2017 at 13:26.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

DNA (22nd December 2017), Mark (21st December 2017)

35. Link to Post #138
    Thanks

By way of explanation, I will use folks quotes to highlight certain ideas pertaining to racism but I am not responding just to those quotes but also to the larger audience as well. I will not respond to personal attacks.

I will tell you without hesitation that I am absolutely through with partisan politics.
    Yes. I understand. That is fine and your choice. I am not through with them. In my life, directly, and the life of my children and extended family, politics plays a real and valid role. If I do not engage in politics, then my interests are not represented and it affects me materially. I suppose it is nice if your life is beyond such things but mine is not. Nor are the lives of those I love.

What many do not realize is how much politics affects those who are not a part of the "American Dream". It is literally life and death. What, to people of the majority culture, are merely slight differences in position between the two parties, each leading to an insufferable and totalitarian end, are to folks upon whom those positions are enacted, major, life-changing policy shifts that either improve or reduce their quality of life. There is a wealth of information and statistics out there that show it.

Knowing this space, many would scoff at statistics provided by government bodies and organizations you may consider "Fake News" so I have no intention of going that route. This has been a personalized discussion throughout, so I am going to keep it that way in my contributions. Perhaps some of y'all's lived experience, driving over freeway arches beneath which hovels and ghettos are huddled, or through city streets where sullen young men lurk, has given you some indication that not everyone has access to the same perception of reality. That there is, literally, another world directly beneath the one that some of you may inhabit, that was created by more than just the depredations of a capitalist class system, but by some other greater, all-encompassing system of exclusion and repression.

But then, since they wear combat boots and street gear, perhaps some think their bootstraps are strong enough to pull themselves up by? My story is different. I grew up in the military industrial complex, on Air Force bases around the world, going to Department of Defense schools, receiving one of the best educations possible for children who come from no means. I have had opportunities that even other black kids who came up the same way I did, did not have. Those of us who are blessed or cursed that way have a responsibility to those who have not had the same opportunities. To represent a perspective that is not widely shared or known. To show what the possibilities of this great nation truly are and should be, if we only open to it instead of shut it down and wall it off.

The fact that we see the deep state at such odds with Donald Trump is evidence enough to me to at least consider that he is not in line with the banking elite and their invasion of the middle east war agendas and their destroying the middle class of America agendas.
    That is all well and good. I applaud his stance and, to a certain extent, I agree that this is what it looks like. But, to address the aspect of racism implicit in this subject, what is troubling is that he embraces policies that are being enacted that will have a demonstrably negative effect upon black, brown and red populations. When it doesn't have to be that way. He supports groups that, if empowered further than they already have been, will actively attempt to reduce the quality of my life and the lives of those I love. If this is what the new world is going to look like once the Cabals hold over the American political, economic and cultural system is broken, it is not in my interest to support it. Lives are and will continue to be lost and homes and people broken. Black, brown and red people, disproportionately so.

I'm guessing you are talking about the tea party.
    No. That was in 2008-9 right after Obama's first election. What stands out as a turning point in my mind - in the AltCom specifically - is when Red Ice Radio interviewed John Lash.

Much of what he spoke about in this video, I'd been teaching in my Intro to World Geography classes since the mid-1990s. That demographic shift, the urbanism of Europe as well as economic stratification had made europe-descended folk less fertile than other ethnic/racial groups, sending their birth rates into a spiral and below the replacement rate in most European countries as well as european-majority nations like the USA and Australia.

This is also something that the KKK and Aryan Nations have highlighted as well for a long time. What they fail to also make note of is that this has often been a side-effect of economic and personal choices, as children are more expensive and distractive from the complete gamut of urban experience, it seems. The idea of white genocide as something being enacted upon whites is, therefore, questionable. Also, the fear of being a demographic minority has led to a mass projection/psychosis by whites, as it seems many are truly falling into the trap of believing that whites would be overtly persecuted by masses of black, brown and red folk. In fact, this is the kind of perceptive error that has always led to what ended up being mass murder by majority populations upon minority populations in the United States of America. As has always been the case, sparse evidence, in the modern case, videos of blacks or browns being prejudice, or instances of whites being hurt by blacks or browns, is used to justify the further repression of those who have been historically oppressed. We are indeed at a critical juncture in the history of this nation. Where the past has caught up to the present and, as is always and ever the case the world across, those born into the generations of payment rail uselessly against fate and destiny.

Let me ask you this. How did Hilary and the left support those same people?
    Bill Clinton's NAFTA and trade agreements like it have gutted American manufacturing. Environmental accords have acted to make the USA as completely unacceptable in terms of what businesses would have to do in order to appease draconian global warming laws while the rest of the world would not have to abide by them.

Let’s keep it moving.

People of all colors need jobs not social services. I've seen up close and personal in so far as social services and what welfare and the like do to people. I grew up on welfare as a kid. It doesn't help people it retards them in their progress. I live next to one of the largest Native American reservations in the world. I deal with Natives daily who are not being done any favors in terms of reservations, welfare and isolation. Social services and welfare will no longer exist if the economy continues to be as gutted and strangled as it has become. And then where will folks be? Things will be 100X times worse than the great depression if the economy collapses and those social services are terminated.
    Thank you for sharing your experience. It is valid, as far as it goes. Do I have to talk about the repression experienced on Reservations? The ways in which they are limited in their ability to gain control of their destinies? To apply economic solutions to their problems? Their relationship to the US Government? Since you live next to one, you should be very familiar with the issues. The same types of issues are endemic to other communities as well, all disaffected populations share similar stories and solidarity based upon the same experiences of direct and indirect genocide, as do Americans in general these days.

But the Robots are going to take all the “good” jobs. People these days need something more than just jobs. They need freedom.

I don't see Trump as a racist. I just don't.

Trump doesn't have to be an equality activist to prove he is not a racist.
    I would not expect you to see him as a racist, DNA. It is all about perspective and where you sit. We sit in different spaces in these physical bodies, born into our peculiar circumstances for reasoning beyond our ken. Doing what we are doing because we are fated to do so, in the Here and Now.
    Last edited by Mark; 21st December 2017 at 19:11. Reason: editing grammar

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

DNA (22nd December 2017), Ewan (22nd December 2017), Flash (21st December 2017), Franny (21st December 2017), thunder24 (21st December 2017)

37. Link to Post #139
    Thanks

I'm going to take a break from responding to posts for a moment. I will get to all of your posts, I look forward to it.

I have and will continue to speak about perspective, about differing interpretations of data and perceptions of value and meaning, as these are ontological queries into the nature of reality, as we live it day to day. Ideologies and mores gird our thoughts daily in a sub-conscious process that for most becomes much like the heart beating, or the breath going in and out day to day, unconscious and relegated to the status of divine dispensation, in our arrogant disregard of the gift of life and preoccupation with the minutia of "meaningful" existence. This minutia represents the "devil in the details", that occupies the preponderance of our attention. What happened at the job today, my wife has the flu, my kid got suspended today, he said she said down the hall around the corner.

Racial experience exemplifies this perceptive blindness we each co-inhabit and co-create daily. Empathy is a primary requirement in the acquisition of knowledge, which becomes understanding and then, through the application of heart-centered compassion, becomes wisdom.

I wake up and get dressed, leave my house to go to work. At the stop light, I happen to look over at a lady in the car next to me. She meets my gaze and looks away quickly, then I see the lock in her car go down. I return my eyes to the road. A little later, a car veers into my lane and I honk. As I move up by the guy, an older man, he looks at me, shakes his fist and I can see his mouth moving. He is still screaming and gesticulating to himself as I leave him behind.

I arrive at work and breath deeply before getting out of the car, looking into the mirror, raising my brow and smiling. I center and ground consciously, releasing thought and misgiving to prepare for the day.

I get out and enter the building, speaking to those I know jovially, adjusting my auric output to openness and caring, making sure to meet eyes and respond individually, reinforcing the sense of community. I get on the elevator and a woman I don't know is there. She sees me and her eyes widen a bit before she looks away and moves to the side of the elevator, clasping her purse firmly to her side and staring straight ahead. During the day, all progresses usually, a story about Drumpf comes on the radio and, since the job is tense around politics, people are silent for the most part but eyes rise above cubicles and dog whistles blare loudly. I go to get a drink of water at the cooler and interrupt a small group of liberals talking quietly. I laugh at something they say and the group breaks up and each moves back to their spaces.

At lunch I go out alone and see a group of my coworkers behind me as we enter a restaurant. I sit first and order, and see them order about five minutes later with another wait staff on the other side of the restaurant. We only have half an hour but I make note of the fact that all of their orders came 10 minutes before mine did. The afternoon passes relatively uneventfully except for a short meeting after work, where the boss remonstrates the staff for talking about politics around the water cooler. I hadn't seen him around and wonder idly who told him. It could have been anyone, really.

That evening, as I walk the dog into the park I ignore numerous instances of the "calling of the children" and the belligerent stares of protective fathers. Later, returning home and going down the street a woman at the other end of the block crosses the street and continues along her path. As I near my house a police cruiser slows down and I do not look but sense the eyes hard on me. I make it home and close the door, lean on it and close my eyes, breathing deeply.

The above is a dramatization of different times and spaces in my daily life. While this particular series of events has never happened in exactly this order on any day of my life, each event that you see represented here has happened countless times in my life. Beyond count. Over and over again.

In a nation where so many people consider themselves to be individuals, far too many seem to be acting out some sort of program. Engaging in the same seeming thought pattern and reaction as others a quarter or a half or a full nation away.
    Last edited by Mark; 21st December 2017 at 23:10. Reason: spelling and added italics

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Antagenet (1st January 2018), DNA (22nd December 2017), Ewan (22nd December 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), Hervé (21st December 2017), Kate (23rd December 2017), T Smith (5th June 2019), thunder24 (22nd December 2017)

39. Link to Post #140
    Thanks

I personally am very interested in your truth Rakhyt, from your perspective. when do we have the opportunity to truly listen at what others on the other sides of A fence, can tell us about their experience.
    Thank you, Flash. The view from the other side of the street may be a bit different, but some humans are blessed with the ability to feel compassion, which allows them to understand that their version of reality is not necessarily the only version. Some humans do not have that ability and that is our true battle, the true division, in this world, as I hope some folks recall at some point.

I was talking a deep talk with a black woman, friend of mine lately.
    Thank you also for sharing that tale. I have heard similar tales from Africans and folks from the Caribbean who have come to the US of A over the years as well. As a black American male with a very extensive educational background, I have been underemployed now for decades. It is not because of my qualifications, as I am qualified for many things and certainly all jobs I have ever applied for. But I do not get the jobs. It seems like a conspiracy of some sort.

Yeh. They say many black folks in America have PTSD just because we have to deal with racism all day every day. Not to mention high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, heart conditions and other negative internalities. It's a hard knock life.

Last edited by Mark; 21st December 2017 at 19:47.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

DNA (22nd December 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1 7 17 35 LastLast