+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Self Love -The Great Shortcut to Enlightenment - Teal Swan

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,980 times in 1,165 posts

Default Self Love -The Great Shortcut to Enlightenment - Teal Swan

I hadn't heard Teal Swan before, but I found this very useful, although I know there is no short cut to enlightenment!!!:

In this episode titled Self Love, Teal reveals a self love process for enlightenment. The process is called 365 days of self love. It truly is the great shortcut to enlightenment.

When you ask "what would someone who loved themselves do?" allow your intuition to deliver the answer and then act on that answer, everything that is preventing you from living the exact life that you want to live will be exposed. Because of this, you will have the opportunity to face your demons. But it will allow you to face them in a way that ensures that you will not resist them, instead you will flow around them.

This commitment will be the "foundation" for your spiritual journey. Like a foundation, everything in your life should be built on top of this commitment.

Last edited by Callista; 26th November 2017 at 16:39.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Callista For This Post:

anandacate (26th November 2017), angelfire (26th November 2017), Bruno (27th November 2017), Jayke (26th November 2017), Miaspri (27th November 2017), Michelle Marie (26th November 2017), Noelle (27th November 2017), Rich (22nd December 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (27th November 2017), sunwings (26th November 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Scotland Avalon Member angelfire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 times in 241 posts

Default Re: Self Love -The Great Shortcut to Enlightenment - Teal Swan

Thanks for this post, Callista and I shall take a look at the video. It's been a while since I heard anything from Teal but she is a very brave soul with important advice to give, imho.
    What I'm reminded of here is a time, a few years back, when i woke up one morning to feel what was for me, a completely new emotion and attitude towards myself. A wave of love for self was washing over me and it was at this point I realised it was something I had never truly experienced before and I realised too that it was happening as a result of having being given the homeopathic remedy Lac Humanum - mother's milk - a few weeks before.

The feelings stayed with me and had quite a profound effect on my life at that time. It was a potentially difficult time in my life but I managed to negotiate situations and hostility with equanimity and most importantly, with a certainty that I had rights and that my feelings and opinions mattered. In short, I felt such inner strength and calm.

I also came to realise, and perhaps this is the most important thing, that when we feel love for ourselves we have an increased capacity for loving those around us.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to angelfire For This Post:

Bruno (27th November 2017), Callista (27th November 2017), Miaspri (27th November 2017), Michelle Marie (26th November 2017), Noelle (27th November 2017), petra (27th November 2017), Rich (22nd December 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

IN 1980 I WENT TO A SERIES OF ALL DAY CLASSES CALLED "INSIGHT", THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THE CLASSES WAS FOR YOU TO LEARN TO LOVE YOUR-SELF AGAIN THE PREMISE WAS YOU HAD IT AT BIRTH, AND WITHOUT SELF LOVE YOUR AWAKING IS IMPOSSIBLE,.. IT WORKED, HERE IS THE SONG THAT WAS PLAYING IN THE BACK GROUND:

Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbp6W4N1N9s

Lyrics

I believe the children are our are future
    Teach them well and let them lead the way
    Show them all the beauty they possess inside
    Give them a sense of pride to make it easier

Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be
    Everybody searching for a hero
    People need someone to look up to
    I never found anyone who fulfill my needs

A lonely place to be
    So I learned to depend on me

I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
    If I fail, if I succeed
    At least I'll live as I believe
    No matter what they take from me
    They can't take away my dignity
    Because the greatest love of all
    Is happening to me
    I found the greatest love of all
    Inside of me
    The greatest love of all
    Is easy to achieve
    Learning to love yourself
    It is the greatest love of all

I believe the children are our future
    Teach them well and let them lead the way
    Show them all the beauty they possess inside
    Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
    Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
    If I fail, if I succeed
    At least I'll live as I believe
    No matter what they take from me
    They can't take away my dignity
    Because the greatest love of all
    Is happening to me
    I found the greatest love of all
    Inside of me
    The greatest love of all
    Is easy to achieve
    Learning to love yourself
    It is the greatest love of all

And if by chance, that special place
    That you've been dreaming of
    Leads you to a lonely place
    Find your strength in love
    Last edited by ramus; 26th November 2017 at 19:36.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

angelfire (26th November 2017), Bruno (27th November 2017), Callista (27th November 2017), Michelle Marie (26th November 2017), Noelle (27th November 2017), Reinhard (23rd December 2017), Vangelo (27th November 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,098 times in 2,584 posts

Great, video, Callista!

"Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind."

**A person is the sole arbitor of his own fate; it is your concept of your Self that determines the world in which you live.**

Neville Goddard, The Power of Awareness.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

angelfire (26th November 2017), Bruno (27th November 2017), Callista (27th November 2017), Noelle (27th November 2017), Rich (23rd December 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,467 times in 267 posts

I don't know what it is, but she is giving me the creeps.
    To connect humankind with itself and the Cosmos!

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Builder For This Post:

bluestflame (27th November 2017), Callista (27th November 2017), Flash (28th November 2017), Innocent Warrior (26th November 2017), Michelle Marie (26th November 2017), Noelle (27th November 2017), petra (27th November 2017), Richard S. (27th November 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,716 times in 8,943 posts

Quote Posted by Builder (here)
    I don't know what it is, but she is giving me the creeps.
    Me too

There is a difference between self love and self love. Self love for psychopaths and service to self is exactly that, service to self. Self love for service to others is helping and loving while respecting one's limits and one's soul mission. Very very different.

My feeling about her has always been self love, service to self, under the guise of helping others. In other words, I do not believe she is genuine and has a real heart. She is amongst the honey hijackers of goodness talks and words. Often her non verbal language does not fit the talk.

my feelings rant is over for today
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

bluestflame (27th November 2017), Bruno (27th November 2017), Callista (27th November 2017), Michelle Marie (27th November 2017), Noelle (27th November 2017), petra (27th November 2017), raregem (27th November 2017), Richard S. (27th November 2017), Vangelo (27th November 2017), Wind (27th November 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,980 times in 1,165 posts

I guess the trick is to separate the message from the messenger. None of us are perfect, and it is easy to confuse the message with the messenger. I hadn't heard of this woman before, and I probably won't watch any of her other videos, but this one was brought to my attention by a friend and I like the overall message.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Callista For This Post:

angelfire (27th November 2017), bluestflame (27th November 2017), Bruno (27th November 2017), Michelle Marie (27th November 2017), Noelle (27th November 2017), Rich (22nd December 2017), Tintin (27th November 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

To love oneself is to integrate the self. That involves shadow work that by its title alone denotes its slippery and insidious nature. One can love oneself to death and still not be in love with the self. Such a situation is perhaps the single most devastating inconsistency of the human journey and the most difficult to truly remedy.

I thought I was done with the work, or at least the majority of it, only to recently realize I have not really integrated this shadow self. I have sought it out, engaged it in conversations, tried to understand its motivations and the subsequent consequences to my life. But I never accepted that that unrealized self could influence my life's trajectory so profoundly. Only recently has this side reasserted itself in no uncertain terms, in a way I can not help but notice that the integration is incomplete.

I have looked for resources here at Avalon but I have not found much. I know I have read some things about it here but at the time it did not seem pertinent. If any could point me to some info I'd appreciate it.

I would truly like to give this integration thing another try as I think that might be one of the biggest factors keeping me from a higher self-realization.

As for Teal, there is something off there but it does not seem to be nefarious. More like a higher knowing or some unspoken connection or truth that she continually has to repress.
    And she is a beauty so that rattles my radar.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bruno (27th November 2017), Callista (27th November 2017), Michelle Marie (27th November 2017), Noelle (27th November 2017), Vangelo (27th November 2017), Wind (27th November 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,622 times in 572 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    To love oneself is to integrate the self. That involves shadow work ...
    I could not agree with you more. Integrating oneself includes identifying, accepting and loving your "failings, fears and foibles". Only when you have done that can you truly love yourself. Shadow work is scary but it is the only way to self love that I am aware of.

Back in August I recommended this book, The Inconsequential Child, in this post and do so again. It really helped me with my journey. Here is a quote from one of its 5 star reviews on Amazon "Every "Inconsequential Child" should read this, to shine light, and love, on their shadow."
    Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

angelfire (27th November 2017), Bruno (27th November 2017), Callista (27th November 2017), Jayke (28th November 2017), Michelle Marie (27th November 2017), Noelle (27th November 2017), Wind (27th November 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,217 times in 438 posts

My take on her message is mainly to follow your own intuition and that makes sense.
    The other thing would be to respect oneself and don't compromise with what feels is right or wrong.
    Self love will evolve from those two.
    To constantly ask what one would do to love them selves is however as I see it not the best way how to go about it.
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

Bruno (27th November 2017), Callista (27th November 2017), Noelle (27th November 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Sorry for off topic, Callista said she may not bother with the other videos so I've another YouTube channel to offer. I've been watching some Jenna Marbles - she has nothing to do with enlightenment matters, it's just a Youtube channel of whatever she feels like putting on there. I think she's an inspiration. She has some videos about life lessons she has learned. Some of them are really funny, and you can't help but smile. Her and her boyfriend Julien seem to be really in love too - they're so cute. Maybe not for everybody but just thought I'd put it out there because she's bringing me so much joy.

Jenna said "do what you think is right, unless it feels wrong". She used the example of "not ratting someone out" when they were stealing food. I probably wouldn't have ratted them out either, even though I know stealing is wrong.

Her channel started out as a rant about how much she hated her room mate, and she got kind of youtube famous after that. The newer videos are much less full of hate

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Callista (27th November 2017), Noelle (27th November 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I have looked for resources here at Avalon but I have not found much. I know I have read some things about it here but at the time it did not seem pertinent. If any could point me to some info I'd appreciate it.

I would truly like to give this integration thing another try as I think that might be one of the biggest factors keeping me from a higher self-realization.
    Some years ago what worked for me is look at my "negative" experiences and feelings and change them to feelings of love.
    Maybe this is something you want to consider, I still use this tool sometimes and it is very effective.

+ Reply to Thread