+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 9 10 LastLast

Thread: I don't know what shape the earth is, but look at this

1. Link to Post #161
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

Default Re: I don't know what shape the earth is, but look at this

I still can't believe we have 8 pages on this forum (yes, THIS forum) discussing whether the earth is flat or not- yes, the earth is slightly egg-shaped due to the land mass around the equator but it's (deep breath) not flat-

Larry

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Flowerpunkchip (10th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (11th December 2017)

3. Link to Post #162
    Holy See Avalon Member felix roseczky's Avatar
    Thanks

Dear Bill
    please be aware that i do not advertise the idea of a flat earth.
    Dont put me into this box.
    please reread what i wrote.

i did never mention this
    i wrote i wasnt suprised if i wake up on board of a spaceship from stasissleep. the only thing i tried to do was to open a little space for thoughts.

you guys seem to be little traumatized about this topic.
    maybe go more into the reallife than hanging out online and discuss complete timewastetopics like this.

Quote Posted by felix roseczky (here)
    flat earth may be interesting to really ask youreself what do i know, whats my knowledge, and whats second hand knowledge. for me it was very important step in leaving the matrix prison humanity is stucked in.
    isnt it like that, that reality is what the mayority believes it is.
    light waves appear not to act as what they are if there s no spectator. all particles in universe share the same information of the whole universe. even time doesn t really exist, its just a concept.
    out of body travelling, dimensional travelling, cleardreaming (luciddreaming) - all experiences that can hardly be explained with our theory of not much.

is the earth flat? idk
    sphere? idk

i know there arent real photos from earth. i know nasa is faking is videos...but this can have many reasons...black budget projects that are financed with iss money...what ever.

i feel this reality is like a puzzle...with every piece the picture becomes more clear and visible.
    wouldn t be that suprised to wake up in a stasis tank on a spaceship and realizing we arrived at damn alpha centauri and its time to get back to reallife. really. wouldnt be too suprised.

may gods love be with you, may your paths be blessed by health, peace, joy and amazing experiences. dont let yourself become divided. life as one.

to understand the secrets of the universe we need to think in the terms: frequency, energy and vibration.
    nikolai tesla

Life is like a melody, the vibration of energy. god is the very harmonic vibration of high frequent energy, performing the soundtrack of eternity.
    The Love frequency.

Om mani padme hum

White Wolf de avalon
    I can feel a lot of anger and fear from your words.

Maybe take life bit more easy - theres really nothing to be angry or feared about. Everything is how it was ment to be. You re perfect as you are.
    We all follow divine ways and rules our little human conciousness is hardly able to follow. Reality is much stranger than fiction.
    Where i come from we say like:
    Dont **** the earth but make children with her, spread positive and never negative energy.
    Why not changing your avatar to a rainbow and feel the love and phantasy a rainbow spreads.

I tend to write loveletters to god and mother earth. its like mindmasage or so....

Lets just respect each other from deep inside. respect each and anyones point of view. we re all from one source. all experiences are worth to be made.
    i m grateful for the deepest holes i fall into. so i could climb out of them.

dont feel that youre duty is to attack anyone who has different point of view about earth shape.
    imagine: youre eye transforms light waves into a picture. in reality all you see is vibrating energy, in different frequency. an egg and a tennisball are actually made of the same - vibrating energy.
    dont waste your mind for defending anything when you can discover new horizons of being.

ONE LOVE
    so thats what i wrote about this.
    i say, thinking about the topic helped me to break out of the matrix prison, not that i think earth is flat.

you know when you astraltravel you can see earth is a sphere, or an egg, whatever.

dont waste my time and energy please trying to put me into corners, because where i am is the middlepoint.

really...i love you guys...just keep more calm and friendly.

one love

4. Link to Post #163
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

maybe go more into the reallife than hanging out online and discuss complete timewastetopics like this.
    When I was 20, 25, and 30 years old, I believed when I reached 35, I’d finally have all the answers. Silly, silly, SILLY me!
    felix roseczky, did you know there are members here that are more than twice your age? Yup. They were around long before the internet. It’s safe to say they, along with many others, participate in real life, too.

Quote dont waste my time and energy please trying to put me into corners, because where i am is the middlepoint.
    I agree. There are no corners in my world for anyone to even think they could put me in one. It's my experience that no one can waste your time and energy, that is unless you give over your power and allow it.

Middle point is not my goal. That was one of the stops along the way. It felt static, limited, make-believe (i.e. made-to-believe). To be fair, we may have different definitions on middle point. For me, the journey is vast and endless. The times when I have the courage to bungee jump without a rope expansion asks to be invited in. Though now there’s less need for that kind of high-octane juice.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 13th December 2017 at 07:59.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (13th December 2017), Bob (13th December 2017), cascadian (21st December 2017), Mike (13th December 2017), Wind (13th December 2017)

6. Link to Post #164
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,745 times in 32,946 posts

dont waste my time and energy please trying to put me into corners
    Well, I guess you won't be buying into the ancient Chinese belief.

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan, quoting an article about the history of Flat Earth thinking (here)
    The ancient Chinese were also virtually unanimous in their view of the Earth’s flatness, although – in this system – the heavens were spherical and the Earth was square.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (13th December 2017), DeDukshyn (13th December 2017), Mike (13th December 2017), Nasu (13th December 2017), petra (21st December 2017), TargeT (13th December 2017)

8. Link to Post #165
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    dont waste my time and energy please trying to put me into corners
    Well, I guess you won't be buying into the ancient Chinese belief.

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan, quoting an article about the history of Flat Earth thinking (here)
    The ancient Chinese were also virtually unanimous in their view of the Earth’s flatness, although – in this system – the heavens were spherical and the Earth was square.
    Probably won't be buying into your cube musings either ...
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 15th December 2017 at 17:13.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

avid (13th December 2017), Mike (13th December 2017), petra (21st December 2017), TargeT (13th December 2017)

10. Link to Post #166
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

This topic is such an an energy siphon.... I'm surprised it's hit 9 pages... (feels like 'again'?)
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

avid (13th December 2017), Bluegreen (13th December 2017), Bob (13th December 2017), DeDukshyn (13th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th December 2017), Mike (13th December 2017), Nasu (13th December 2017), petra (21st December 2017)

12. Link to Post #167
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    This topic is such an an energy siphon.... I'm surprised it's hit 9 pages... (feels like 'again'?)
    "Energy Siphon" --- accurate terminology.

I'm pretty sure I only ranted this here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1195714 because of this thread ...

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Mike (13th December 2017), petra (21st December 2017), TargeT (13th December 2017)

14. Link to Post #168
    Holy See Avalon Member felix roseczky's Avatar
    Thanks

well...so we are clear that this was some kind of misunderstanding?
    its much more praobably this is some kind of holographic matrix, AI Matrix or something than earth is flat. though you can never be sure until you did see it with your own eyes from space.
    my experience showed me that this world we live in is constructed on so many lies. everything i was told in early age was actually complete bull****. maybe mathematics wasnt. but even their we just get some dirty pieces thrown.

@running deer...
    yea, this life i have lived only 34 circles, but i ve lived many lives and some i even remember.
    age does not matter at all.
    every human has to die but just a few did really life. a 70 jears old dude may have more jears but not neccesary more experiences.

and yes, probably middlepoint is the complete wrong term, buy my vocabulary is smallish, I just dont write english that often. i wanted to say that i m not standing in any corner and have a very strong opinion but that i m standing in the middle of a circle and are open minded to experience all possible corners, even a circle doenst have them. :-)
    Maybe this is a better explanation.

if you wanna walk on the water you gotta get outta the boat
    Last edited by felix roseczky; 13th December 2017 at 08:18.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to felix roseczky For This Post:

DeDukshyn (13th December 2017), Iloveyou (13th December 2017), Nasu (13th December 2017), RunningDeer (14th December 2017)

16. Link to Post #169
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

Here's a nice independent brand made film sending a product in to space. There's no fish eye lens, the products look normal (not fish eyed) and yet look... the earth looks very spherical to me....

Can someone send this to the flat earthers please?

17. Link to Post #170
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MorningFox (here)
    Here's a nice independent brand made film sending a product in to space. There's no fish eye lens, the products look normal (not fish eyed) and yet look... the earth looks very spherical to me....

Can someone send this to the flat earthers please?

Actually, it's a very wide angle lens (about 10 - 12mm? I'd consider it a fish-eye) - you can see the "fish-eye" effect on the horizon (very rounded) when the camera first lifts off. So FEer would say that this is why the earth looks spherical in the footage. They'd probably just leave it at that rather than actually using math or other solution oriented practice to determine that the level fish-eye actually effect seen, could not possibly make a flat earth into a sphere. But I applaud the effort FEers are a peculiar bunch who grasp at any straw available that they think gives them evidence to support their belief.

I did get into a debate with another Avalon member on the topic through PMs a while back. We decided to analyze some long distance photos that FEers were using as "proof" the earth is flat. I dissected one completely and could prove that in the image there was about 300-400 meters of land hidden behind the ocean horizon (due to the earth's curve - I was expecting 500+ but the level of atmospheric refraction variance should be within that threshold). It wasn't that hard to do really. My debater acknowledged this but decided he wanted to check out more photos. I got busy and dropped out of the discussion for a while, but he was also able to determine "sphereness" of the earth based on other photos - the same photos that FEers were using as "proof" the earth is flat, actually showed the opposite when evaluated properly. What does this tell me? Most FEers also have zero decent analytical abilities to go along with their religion-like beliefs.

As a disclaimer, my debater wasn't a "FEer", just a guy who I think wanted more evidence before concluding the earth was not flat, and he found it within his own analysis, which supported mine as well, so, not a flat earther at all
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 14th December 2017 at 00:02.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

cascadian (21st December 2017), felix roseczky (14th December 2017), Mike (14th December 2017), TargeT (14th December 2017), Tintin (15th December 2017)

19. Link to Post #171
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 times in 1,499 posts

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

DeDukshyn (14th December 2017), felix roseczky (14th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th December 2017), Satori (20th December 2017), shijo (14th December 2017), TargeT (14th December 2017)

21. Link to Post #172
    Thanks

No wonder Andy Murray has been losing recently, i prefer the good old days when the ball was round.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shijo For This Post:

DeDukshyn (14th December 2017), Nick Matkin (14th December 2017)

23. Link to Post #173
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Gaia (here)
    I do not content myself with a simple copy / paste taken on the Internet from you Bill....
    I posted that solely to assist daviddjg23. Not my initiative.

Quote Posted by Kano (here)
    Why so much acrimony for a simple subject that is as irrational as many other topics in this forum. A truly important discussion must taking place in this thread. Let’s debate please!
    Halle - f*cking - lujah!
    It seems as if maybe you ever read this, from my post #135:

~~~

From the Welcome To Avalon Thread, intended for all members to read and please understand:

A note about some aspects of the forum which are sometimes a little controversial: that of disinformation.

This is a huge topic, and is much discussed elsewhere, besides here. Its very purpose is to trick, deceive and confuse.

Some disinformation (the definition of which is part truth, part fiction) is deliberately injected into the alternative media. See this article for more details of the operation, which was launched at the start of 2013:
    This is a problem that’s becoming larger. It’s tricky to handle on the forum, because we do NOT want to tell people what to think... but rather, we want to support them in HOW to think.

A few people might join the community believing, for instance, that the 'Flat Earth' is real, and that NASA always lies, and therefore no official statements can ever be believed. But that’s lazy thinking.

To figure out what’s true and what’s not, we have to do work. To reject everything and settle for some sugar-coated fantasy (and there are several of those circulating out there) takes NO work. So we do have to be prepared to do some work, when we study and learn and share.

Everyone can be forgiven for having at some time bought into a false idea, especially if their pilgrimage to the truth has quite recently begun. We’re committed to support all members in that journey.

But if a member demonstrates that they’re fixated and intransigent in a view that’s demonstrably flawed, and insists on promoting that, and seems to have stalled their own process of inquiry and learning, and never changes, then we may ask them to leave, too — because they would be a detriment to the well-being of the community.

It’d be like a heckler in a presentation, rather than someone asking intelligent and informed questions... which is always 100% fine.

This is not about ‘free speech’. That’s lazy thinking, too. It’s more like a university (and this is a very good one) that has certain admissions criteria. Poor students may possibly flunk out here, if I can put it so bluntly.

So — we ask for and expect your very best.
    ~~~
    1. If someone doesn't understand this, there's not much I can say.
    2. If someone doesn't agree with this, then please leave. I say this without malice, but with a very great deal of personal clarity.
    I'm leaving definitely this forum after 8 years please mods delete my account. C'est forums sont obsolètes dans leurs formats actuels qui ne permettent pas le free speech. Go to Zero Hedge or RT that's could be better for the free speech and your opinion. What a waist of time Avalon small forum.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 9th June 2018 at 13:43. Reason: replaced disappeared link with good link from archive.org

24. Link to Post #174
    Thanks

I'm leaving definitely this forum after 8 years please mods delete my account. C'est forums sont obsolètes dans leurs formats actuels qui ne permettent pas le free speech. Go to Zero Hedge or RT that's could be better for the free speech and your opinion. What a waist of time Avalon small forum.
    Relying on a single source or forum for info is a mistake, just as making judgements while in the depths of emotional influence is. ANY form that is moderated will have information gatekeepers, that is unavoidable and apart of "the human condition"; but not necessarily evil or nefarious.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

avid (20th December 2017), cascadian (21st December 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th December 2017), greybeard (20th December 2017), Navigator (21st December 2017), Wind (20th December 2017)

26. Link to Post #175
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Relying on a single source or forum for info is a mistake, just as making judgements while in the depths of emotional influence is. ANY form that is moderated will have information gatekeepers, that is unavoidable and apart of "the human condition"; but not necessarily evil or nefarious.

I'm not in chock that been you becoming on rescue ! You know I always knew you were a pseudonym because they are multiple of Bill Ryan the same with multiple visages on this forum. I have ignored all these pseudonyms over the years fyi. But today I must say that your big arm with your sleeve does not impress me that much. Good luck to you pseudonym!!!

27. Link to Post #176
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

And go **** yourself!!!! TargeT retard!!!!

28. Link to Post #177
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,798 times in 2,667 posts

I'm not in chock that been you becoming on rescue ! You know I always knew you were a pseudonym because they are multiple of Bill Ryan the same with multiple visages on this forum. I have ignored all these pseudonyms over the years fyi. But today I must say that your big arm with your sleeve does not impress me that much. Good luck to you pseudonym!!!
    Please chill out, you have never posted this negativity before, please take a rest, Target is a great friend. Have a sabbatical, it would be sad to lose you ❤️ All these years cannot be in vain, there must be a misunderstanding or mistranslation somewhere... Hang in there!
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (20th December 2017), Innocent Warrior (21st December 2017), TargeT (20th December 2017), Wind (20th December 2017)

30. Link to Post #178
    Thanks

Your not in shock that I am coming to the rescue? What did I rescue exactly (perhaps I attempted to rescue moderation in thought and action, but I'm not sure I was successful). I think you're accusing me of being bill under another name?...

What if I accuse YOU of being bill with a Canadian accent? (seems ridiculous?) (I mean TargeT is certainly a pseudonym, but its MY pseudonym!)

Haha, I'll have to re-take that picture.. it's forced perspective really, I work at a desk.. my arms are far from big.

Either way (and as an attempt to stay on topic) I was just suggesting that you are right in not staying just with one forum, but excluding information sources is almost as bad as sitting in an echo chamber.

the FE phenomenon is a good representation of this concept.

I'm assuming the 4 *'s could be any one of these words:
    http://positivewordsresearch.com/4-l...ositive-words/

Thanks
    Last edited by TargeT; 20th December 2017 at 20:57.
    Where are you?

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

avid (21st December 2017), Ewan (22nd December 2017), Innocent Warrior (21st December 2017), Mike (21st December 2017), Navigator (21st December 2017), Wind (21st December 2017)

32. Link to Post #179
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,798 times in 2,667 posts

Bangs daft heads together - this is worse than dealing with naughty chaps in the school playground, take a time-out the pair of you, sleep on it and let’s refocus on something more important tomorrow 👍👍👍
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (21st December 2017), Navigator (21st December 2017)

34. Link to Post #180
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Flat earth bull**** really has the power to divide us doesn't it? Think about who wins in a world where "divide and conquer" has become a winning strategy.

I'm new here so I'm maybe not a great judge as to who should leave or stay, but I'll stick my neck out a little and and say we, no matter what, shouldn't allow divide and conquer, regardless of where we apply the blame for that tactic, we can't let the tactic win.

BTW I love the Quebec way of expressing things
    Last edited by Navigator; 21st December 2017 at 01:53.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Navigator For This Post:

avid (21st December 2017), Ewan (21st January 2018), Innocent Warrior (21st December 2017), TargeT (22nd December 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 9 10 LastLast