+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How was that possible?

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 times in 1,716 posts

Default How was that possible?

I've done a lot of sports when I was young,but never see a human coming back on its feet from the ground on its toes.

For sure,step by step,humans start to develop new skills.And I say that because "they" showed me how to bring real true joy through rescuing things from what we call "recycling".For some is not to much or means mostly nothing,but the "explosion" of joy that I have it after I see that thing working again,no matter what it is:an oven,a refrigerator/freezer,an electric engine,is tremendous and helpful for the Earth,because through recycling is wasted a lot of all kind of energies and resources.

In the past I've done small or medium repairs as everyone does in his house,but this time is totally different,I'm feeling myself like a repairing machine for machines.

Ok,let's get back to Zay Jones new skill.

Bills WR Zay Jones Magically Floats Back Up To His Feet After Play vs Chiefs
    (00:05) hit replay button

"Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Bluegreen (1st December 2017), DeDukshyn (30th November 2017), drneglector (30th November 2017), dynamo (30th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th November 2017), genevieve (30th November 2017), jc71 (30th November 2017), Justplain (30th November 2017), Matt P (30th November 2017), Nasu (30th November 2017), Noelle (30th November 2017), petra (30th November 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,280 times in 2,100 posts

Default Re: How was that possible?

Wow, weird. Could be a little bit of video editing trickery added to make something weird look weirder.

But if it is a direct replay from the game, then I would suspect that it is a combination of a couple things that create the illusion. One element adding to the effect could be the curved lines in the background - the edge of the field and the yellow line along the wall. (Sort of like a magnetic hill causes the illusion of going up when you are actually going down.) From the football player, it looks like his ankles are taped up to keep them from bending. Perhaps a strong upper body allowed him to push himself up from the ground and other muscles added to him getting to his feet. When I went from leisure sports to playing more serious, a trainer taped up my ankle so firmly that I had a real hard time running. (I came off the field and ripped it off - didn't go over well with the staff.) But those things all together could create an optical illusion.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

dynamo (1st December 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th November 2017), Nasu (30th November 2017), Noelle (30th November 2017), petra (30th November 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: How was that possible?

It's the angle of the camera -- somewhat behind the player. Due to this you can't quite see the true velocity of him coming to his feet so it looks like he is somewhat floating. He does push himself up with enough strength to easily catch himself, but it looks a bit like he is doing it more slowly than expected. He also uses his knee as a pivot on the ground to use his momentum from the strong pushup to help guide his body back vertical - that combined with the camera angle makes it look interesting.

Pretty neat shot.

Here's a guy going straight from pushup position to vertical without a knee pivot ... if you were at a 45 degree angle behind this guy you woulodn't see the actualy velocity of the start of the pushup and it would have even more a pronounced effect than the football guy , I am sure.

Last edited by DeDukshyn; 30th November 2017 at 16:43.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

drneglector (30th November 2017), dynamo (1st December 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th November 2017), Justplain (30th November 2017), Nasu (30th November 2017), petra (30th November 2017)

+ Reply to Thread