+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Obsidian Serpent

1. Link to Post #1
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Default Obsidian Serpent

"Later, Itzcoatl reflected, “I came out [of the military] all ****ed-up, normal before and now just ****ed-up.” He described his state of mind as “most of the time, depressed.” Sometimes he speculated about why he felt so terrible: “Possibly a tumor in my head because I have headaches almost every damn day,” and “Is there some device inside me that gives my location, takes my pulse or gives me funny feelings?” He also worried that he would wind up like his father. “Now the next in line to be a bum,” he wrote."

https://magazine.atavist.com/obsidia...ers-california

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Mercedes (1st December 2017), Nasu (1st December 2017), Noelle (1st December 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,945 times in 464 posts

Default Re: Obsidian Serpent

A very sad, sad story. It makes you think if any of the reasons the reporter states are valid or even answer the question of why he became a killer. It's just so difficult to make a judgement from a "normal" point of view. Knowing what I know now just makes me feel like we are all so very vulnerable to so many factors during our life, and thinking that we are only what we see with our biological eyes makes us even more blind and vulnerable. We need to be so alert and aware of who we are, and what and who sorrounds us .

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

Nasu (1st December 2017), seko (1st December 2017), The Freedom Train (1st December 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Default Re: Obsidian Serpent

Excerpt from Searching for Motives in Mass Shootings, The New Yorker

"Given our predilection for isolated issues and personal pathologies, it is no surprise that the brain of the Las Vegas shooter has been sent to the Stanford University Medical Center for forensic examination. “I think everybody is pretty doubtful that we’re going to come up with something,” Hannes Vogel, Stanford’s chief of neuropathology, told the Times. “The possibilities, neuropathologically, for explaining this kind of behavior are very few.” The initial autopsy by the Clark County coroner turned up no visible abnormalities, contrary to hopes expressed by the gunman’s brother. “I hope to hell that they find when they do the autopsy that there’s a tumor in his head or something,” Eric Paddock told reporters, “because if they don’t, we’re all in trouble.”"

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...mass-shootings

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Mercedes (here)
    A very sad, sad story. It makes you think if any of the reasons the reporter states are valid or even answer the question of why he became a killer. It's just so difficult to make a judgement from a "normal" point of view. Knowing what I know now just makes me feel like we are all so very vulnerable to so many factors during our life, and thinking that we are only what we see with our biological eyes makes us even more blind and vulnerable. We need to be so alert and aware of who we are, and what and who sorrounds us .
    Indeed. The fact that this kid expressed feelings of something in his head raised an immediate red flag for me. It is all so disturbing, what our military and culture seems to be producing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Mercedes (2nd December 2017)

+ Reply to Thread