+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting facts... (about my Glock 22 pistol)

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,205 times in 3,110 posts

Default Interesting facts... (about my Glock 22 pistol)

Wasn't sure where to post this so put it under news and updates....

I'll go first...might make an interesting thread..🤔

Today, I placed my Glock 22 pistol on the table right next to my front door I left its clip beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor's son across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the "stop" sign near the front of my house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun It was quietly sitting there, right where I had left it. It had not moved itself outside. It had not killed anyone. Certainly, even with the numerous opportunities it had presented to do that. In fact, it had not even loaded itself. Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the hype by the Left and the media, about how dangerous guns are and “How They” kill people. Either the media is wrong, or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.

The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the world. But if you take out just 5 'left-wing' cities: Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC, St Louis and New Orleans -- the United States is 4th from the bottom, in the ENTIRE world, for murders.
    These 5 cities are controlled by Democrats. They also have the toughest gun control laws in the USA. It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data, right?

Well, I'm off to check on my spoons. I hear they're making people fat!

https://www.facebook.com/ReclaimAmer...59604566260123

Viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

2. The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Alan (2nd December 2017), Baby Steps (2nd December 2017), Bill Ryan (1st December 2017), BMJ (2nd December 2017), ceetee9 (2nd December 2017), DeDukshyn (2nd December 2017), ditting (3rd December 2017), DNA (2nd December 2017), drneglector (2nd December 2017), dynamo (3rd December 2017), Elixir (2nd December 2017), Ewan (4th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd December 2017), genevieve (2nd December 2017), ghostrider (3rd December 2017), Heavy Duty (2nd December 2017), Hym (2nd December 2017), jjjones (2nd December 2017), justntime2learn (4th December 2017), KiwiElf (1st December 2017), Krist (2nd December 2017), Lefty Dave (2nd December 2017), Matt P (2nd December 2017), NancyV (2nd December 2017), Nasu (1st December 2017), pyrangello (3rd December 2017), raregem (2nd December 2017), Rhah (4th December 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (2nd December 2017), RUSirius (2nd December 2017), Satori (2nd December 2017), SKAWF (3rd December 2017), Spiral (2nd December 2017), StandingWave (2nd December 2017), toppy (1st December 2017), TrumanCash (5th December 2017), Ultima Thule (2nd December 2017), wnlight (2nd December 2017), yelik (2nd December 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Default Re: Interesting facts... (about my Glock 22 pistol)

If you care about something, you have to protect it.

Nobody touch my gun! ;-)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (2nd December 2017), Hym (2nd December 2017), Nasu (1st December 2017), RUSirius (2nd December 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

Poverty and desperation. If we can eliminate these two factors, then aside from crimes of passion, most crimes would cease to exist. Therefore the need to protect ourselves with sticks, spoons, guns or stones would be moot. Till then, i'm going to be prepared...x... N

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

dynamo (3rd December 2017), Eric J (Viking) (2nd December 2017), Hym (2nd December 2017), petra (1st December 2017), StandingWave (2nd December 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Murder has little to do with "Left / Right".

America under a conservative, murdered hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians (incl. women and children) - -Am I supposed start a counter argument around who commits the most murders? Nonsense argument all the way.

Does it have to do with "gun control" ... possibly ... but I won't be supporting any stance or not without the source data to back up the claim, and hopefully someone is doing a little research to see, if true, what are all the factors involved that might support this guys claim (note: I did a little myself, see post below).

Let's consider that these cities always had this ratio of murders, and their local government only enacted stronger gun laws after this was already established. Do we have any data that says this isn't true?

The source for these facts is some right extremist's FB page? We definitely need some quality data and some proper resources on this proposed data before anything properly meaningful can come out of this discussion.

The stats may be true, and I do think this phenomenon is worth discussing, but with real sources for data as a starting point and not just some guy's FB rant. I like to think Avalonians have higher standards than that.

For myself, before posting that, I would verify the claims first with properly factual sources -- probably more than one, and then gather a little more data around any supporting claims that I can, then present the whole argument. I think posting random peoples FB posts or "meme posters" (a common trend on FB) as a source for data doesn't quite cut it for Avalon - regardless of the topic.

Disclaimer, I personally do not support strict gun control laws at all and I will be the first to say that guns aren't the problem, people are. But I am opposed people getting their info from FB posts that have no backing resources.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 2nd December 2017 at 01:28.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (2nd December 2017), Hym (2nd December 2017), Nasu (2nd December 2017), Orph (2nd December 2017), Zampano (2nd December 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote "The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the world."
    Here's a compiled list of murder rate (intentional homicide) of all countries, per capita ...USA is #92 according to this which includes up to 2015 data: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate

And here's another of top 25 murder rates by country in case one isn't enough - USA didn't make the list: http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/m...y-country.html

And here is a graph indicating total violent crime in USA since 1990 (context often helps): https://www.statista.com/statistics/...sa-since-1990/

And another ... http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/427758

Herein lies the problem with using people's non-referenced "conclusion" rants from FB from someone in a biased group trying to make a point ... there's no proper unbiased research; where's the plain data so we can draw our own conclusions? It's like a flat earther's argument ...

That said, Viking, do you have access to the data that this guy used to come to his conclusion? Maybe we can continue the discussion from there? I couldn't read his full article in full because of the FB block kept popping up ... but I didn't see any references on that post. He seems to be referencing some specific data ... anyway it appears that his conclusions have a very specific context and a data-set that I cannot replicate with data that I dug up into researching for this.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 2nd December 2017 at 07:51.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Alan (2nd December 2017), Eric J (Viking) (2nd December 2017), Franny (2nd December 2017), Hym (2nd December 2017), Nasu (5th December 2017), StandingWave (2nd December 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Ahhh! Left wing! Right Wing!! Two wings of the same dirty bird. They don't work for us, they work to fill their coffers, that's it. Don't know how many turns of the screw they need on the voters thumbs, but history says, they don't work for us since 1913, and if nobody gets that by now, then line up as the sheeple they call you. Achhh.

PS. Phew, reality can be very daunting.
    I don't trust any uniformed anything anymore.They are nwo corporate henchmen and women. WE are not wanted here and WE want to go home to the lands we were kidnapped from. This is the Eagle's beef. They never accepted us as eagles, therefore why die for the eagle. WE want to go home, with weapons to fight for our lands from the Most High God. It is the only land that we were able to call our own until the slave trade. That is the least the world can do and until it's done, I fear there will be no peace in "any" nation. Everyone has a homeland except us. WE are hated by all around the world and we seek our God's face and peace for once in our lives. The ability to walk the streets without harassment, or discrimination because of color. Is that too much to ask for? NO.
    Then why aren't they/nations trying to make good on what is to come, if they don't do what is right and just by us?
    Know this, these parties/elites care nothing of any of us, and unless we detach from their tentacles of destruction, we will be included in their judgement. That goes for all souls. These parties only mean to fill their own pockets at the expense of lives in wars for conquest of resources.
    how foolish and wasteful for something that is meaningless in the lessons of life. Separate from this corruption or the karma of what they have sown will be reaped upon the nations.

I gotta go now. I've brought the truth as far as I see the reality of the matter. Balance means removing the majority of bs, that hinders growth of the body.
    Last edited by Lifebringer; 2nd December 2017 at 11:14.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (2nd December 2017), Hym (2nd December 2017), Nasu (5th December 2017), petra (3rd December 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 times in 364 posts

Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alan For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (3rd December 2017), Hym (2nd December 2017), pyrangello (3rd December 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 times in 927 posts

Bringing Snopes to an intelligent debate is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.
    (Sorry, couldn’t resist. )

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

Ewan (4th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd December 2017), Hym (2nd December 2017), Nasu (5th December 2017), Spiral (2nd December 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mpennery (here)
    Bringing Snopes to an intelligent debate is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Matt
    Methinks you are throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I am aware that snopes is often heavily biased in some of their articles.

Please take a look at this article and tell us what you find objectionable. It looked pretty good to me but I didn't dig.
    Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alan For This Post:

Matt P (2nd December 2017), pyrangello (3rd December 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 times in 927 posts

Haha. I was just having fun. Buuut...I have thrown Snopes out with the bath water, the kitchen sink and everything else. Once proven a fraud, sites like Snopes are not to be trusted. I refuse to even click on their site.

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd December 2017), Nasu (5th December 2017), petra (3rd December 2017), raregem (2nd December 2017), Spiral (2nd December 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,651 times in 1,409 posts

Quote Posted by viking (here)
    Wasn't sure where to post this so put it under news and updates....

I'll go first...might make an interesting thread..🤔

Today, I placed my Glock 22 pistol on the table right next to my front door I left its clip beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor's son across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the "stop" sign near the front of my house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun It was quietly sitting there, right where I had left it. It had not moved itself outside. It had not killed anyone. Certainly, even with the numerous opportunities it had presented to do that. In fact, it had not even loaded itself. Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the hype by the Left and the media, about how dangerous guns are and “How They” kill people. Either the media is wrong, or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.

Viking
    Have you considered it might have anxiety issues with being such a tiny calibre ?

It was probably pooping it's self left all alone by the door !

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (3rd December 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd December 2017), Matt P (3rd December 2017), Nasu (5th December 2017), petra (3rd December 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

According to the referenced Wikipedia page,in 2015 the USA had 15,696 intentional homicides, a rate of 4.88.

According to an article I found, in 2015 those cities had the following number of murders (DOES include unintentional):
    - Chicago: 411
    - Detroit: 298
    - New Orleans: 150
    - Wash DC: 105
    - St Louis: 159

Subtracting these from the previous numbers yields 14,573, which only reduces the rate to about 4.53.

Not a big deal, really.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alan For This Post:

DeDukshyn (2nd December 2017), Eric J (Viking) (3rd December 2017), Nasu (5th December 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

Well Viking someone has added your post to : http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_d...p?q=1512147050
    I personally giggled at your satire. Good to see it elsewhere..........

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (3rd December 2017), Matt P (3rd December 2017)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mpennery (here)

Matt
    Ignore snopes then, the data I dug up (multiple sources) in my previous post also indicates that the data used for the OP linked rant is indeed false. USA is ~#100 in the world ranking of intentional homicide (from more than one source), not 3rd ... massive difference ... It just one of those "present false or twisted data without references to attack the political 'wing' you like the least with said 'data'", type of scenarios you see on FB a lot. ... at least until we can see the specific data being referred to, at which time I think we could still draw the same conclusion.

The part about guns not killing people though, many of us can agree with that
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 2nd December 2017 at 19:05.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Alan (2nd December 2017), Eric J (Viking) (3rd December 2017), Franny (2nd December 2017), Matt P (3rd December 2017), petra (3rd December 2017)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Mandala's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,270 times in 869 posts

Guns don't kill people, people do. It doesn't matter if they are Republican, Democrat, black, white or a different skin tone. It's about the intent and conscientiousness of the person using the gun.

I have always considered myself a moderate. I have even thought I was more liberal on policies regarding those in need.

I do hate to be lumped into that group of crazy people who are labeled Democrat crazies.

I see problems with both parties, and I'm not happy with either one. However, I am a moderate to liberal who plans on owing a gun, taking care of those in need, attempting to help the impoverished, and sick.
    I don't believe in free rides, but I believe many programs have been cut that many people depend on to survive and I'm sorry for their loss.

Our existence has been built on so many lies that who really can determine who the good guys are.
    I feel we are broken. Healthcare, Education, Wellfare, financially, etc.

All of our leaders have played a part. But their are white hats on both or every side.
    With Peace and Love, Mandala
    "Be the change you wish to see." Mahatma Gandhi

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mandala For This Post:

DeDukshyn (3rd December 2017), Eric J (Viking) (3rd December 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd December 2017), Matt P (3rd December 2017), Nasu (5th December 2017), raregem (3rd December 2017)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Helvetic posted a great interview with C.A. Fitts recently. For a down-to-earth take on how things operate....she is Pure Gold!! She is a real live American Hero!
    We need more like her!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (3rd December 2017), sijohn (3rd December 2017)

33. Link to Post #17
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

I don't see any amount of facts changing anyone's mind about whether or not they approve of guns. It's just a distraction.

Not trying to imply I want to murder anyone, but for argument sake let's assume I did. Lack of having a gun would not slow me down one bit.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

DeDukshyn (3rd December 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd December 2017)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

The agenda behind the scenes is a world of total control... The assault on the family, race baiting, negative news reports, the ridiculous education system kids are subjected to, the health care system, etc ... All part of a long thought out plan to bring everything into a one world empire ... firearms is just another Avenue they use to sway public opinion ... Dumb them down , divide them , give them medical treatment/drugs to soften the psyche, scatter the family tree, and let government be god ... they have played us well ... America is smoldering, waiting to explode... 2018 will be like no other...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (3rd December 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd December 2017)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,989 times in 2,110 posts

There are more people in the u.s. that die from the chemicals under their sink than from guns every year. And since it was legal to own a machine gun with the proper paperwork and permits in the last 100 years here in the states ,there has never been one crime committed with a legally owned machine gun. I personally dont go hunting but I enjoy the sport of competitive shooting. Have enjoyed that since the age of 9 when my great uncle joe would take us back to the sand pit in the woods and shoot old pop cans. At that age of being taught to respect and properly handle a gun was one of those poignant moments in life that built my character of who I am. Plus I had a blast shooting those cans as a small boy. All if us possess passions for the hobby we enjoy , could be food, painting,cars, dogs ect,ect. The hobby of guns or competitive shooting is just that,another hobby. Guns dont kill ,people make that choice. If we blamed all the lead in bullets for the death of anybody, then we better ban all lead pencils as well. It all starts with education and respect at an early age.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Alan (3rd December 2017), Eric J (Viking) (3rd December 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd December 2017), Nasu (5th December 2017)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Hear, Hear, pyrangello!!

+ Reply to Thread