+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Second Earth (Rocky) Found in Cygnus

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Default Second Earth (Rocky) Found in Cygnus

Sounds good, except for the 60% larger thing - I weigh enough right here.

"Nasa has announced that it has found an extraordinarily similar planet to Earth orbiting around a distant star.

The planet, Kepler-452b, is described as a larger, older Earth and is located around a star 1,400 light years from Earth.

It is the first terrestrial planet found in the habitable zone in a star just like our sun. Nasa said it is about 60 percent larger than Earth and lies in the constellation Cygnus.

The exact nature of the planet is not known specifically, but Nasa's modelling suggesters it is a rocky planet, about five times as massive as Earth, orbiting its star once every 385 days.

The planet's star is 1.5 billion years older than our own, and is now growing hotter and brighter -- as our star will do in about a billion years.

Jon Jenkins, Kepler data analysis lead at Nasa's Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, California, said that the data showed planets similar to Earth were "common throughout the galaxy".

The planet is so similar to Earth the SETI Institute is now listening out for signals from the star Kepler 452 -- though so far it has had no luck. "On the 20th anniversary year of the discovery that proved other suns host planets, the Kepler exoplanet explorer has discovered a planet and star which most closely resemble the Earth and our Sun," said John Grunsfeld, associate administrator of NASA’s Science Mission Directorate at the agency’s headquarters in Washington. “This exciting result brings us one step closer to finding an Earth 2.0."

Nasa also announced that 521 new exoplanet candidates had been discovered, 12 of which have diameters between one and two times Earths, and orbit in their star's habitable zone. Nine orbit stars similar to ours in size and temperature.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/nasa-...arth-exoplanet

B.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

astridmari (6th December 2017), Axman (5th December 2017), bennycog (6th December 2017), Bluegreen (5th December 2017), Bruno (8th December 2017), ceetee9 (6th December 2017), dynamo (6th December 2017), enigma3 (5th December 2017), Ewan (6th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th December 2017), justntime2learn (6th December 2017), Lifebringer (8th December 2017), Matt P (6th December 2017), Noelle (5th December 2017), Ol' Roy (6th December 2017), Star Tsar (6th December 2017), Sunny-side-up (5th December 2017), Wind (5th December 2017), wnlight (5th December 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Default Re: Second Earth (Rocky) Found in Cygnus

That's great. Another planet six times our mass and 1.5 billion years ahead of us technologically perhaps. When I was reading all the way through, my conscious was burgeoning me with this very long barrage of questions i guess was posing to the ALL.
    Here goes:. I wonder if and when a star goes Nova, if the surrounding or orbiting planets of civilizations, "equate mathmaticaly" the MGFP(gravitational-magnetic-force-projection) to pull away before the star goes Nova? If so, are these planets that equated the "de-orbiting of their star" what we call "rogue planets" generating it's own projection through the universe?. If that's so, then I also wonder if they take into consideration, the surrounding orbiting planet's(MGF) magnetism and gravitational force, to release from sun orbit, thereby not to go, careening into or slamming into an adjacent planet's gravitational pole of attraction? As they navigate? Things that make you go: "Hmmm"

My bad, might be a "little too early in the AM" for this?
    Last edited by Lifebringer; 8th December 2017 at 13:11.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Fellow Aspirant (8th December 2017)

+ Reply to Thread