1. Link to Post #21
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,634 times in 5,417 posts

Default Re: The Constitution Con | Michael Tsarion

Quote Posted by Satori (here)

I quit reading Mr. Tsarion's article after reading the second paragraph. He got at least two things wrong right there (and probably three if you want to put a finer point on things).

First, the US Constitution was not ratified on June 21, 1788. (It was also not "created" on September 17, 1787.) Rather, the Constitutional Convention adopted it on September 17, 1787 and thereafter put it forth for ratification by the then existing 13 states. The Constitution had been "created" before 9/17/1787, albeit it was the final form submitted for adoption by the Convention, which adoption occurred on 9/17/1787.

Second, the Constitution was not ratified behind closed doors on June 21, 1788. Only one state ratified the Constitution on that date. That state was New Hampshire. The other 12 states ratified it before or after 6/21/1788. Rhode Island was the last state to ratify it on May 29, 1790. The first state to ratify it was Delaware and it did so on December 7, 1787.

This if for what it's worth for those who care.

I may go back to reading the article simply out of curiosity.
    I think that's helpful actually, thanks. But, please do read right the way through the article. I'm concerned some folks are just throwing the towel in too soon here, although, I can sort of understand why. Eg, Michael not being specific enough with the dates that you have stated above I can understand would put people off. It would possibly suggest he hasn't been thorough enough, although, he most certainly seems to have been very thorough in other aspects covered in the article.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Satori (20th December 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,634 times in 5,417 posts

Default Re: The Constitution Con | Michael Tsarion

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    the "Founding Fathers" were the richest men in the American colonies (most owned slaves) and therefore the most taxed; therefore they wanted to break away from Great Britain but found a way to make the common man to fight their battles for them; it's that easy-

the "common man" is the most gullible- look at the present-day world- we're all gerbils-

Larry
    To wit, from the article also, and will be in context provided the article has been read in full:

Sir Joseph Stamp was director of the Bank of England from 1928 to 1941. He openly addressed the colossal power of the Bankers: (in his time he wrote/voiced this, below)

The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in iniquity and born in sin. Bankers own the Earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of a pen they will create enough money to buy it back again...Take this great power away from them and all great fortunes like mine will disappear, and they ought to disappear, for then this would be a better and happier world to live in. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the banks and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit.

Looked at from the point of view that the Federal Reserve is a Crown funded initiative, and, so were its forerunners.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2