+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: Matt Damon Makes Some Very Reasonable Comments About Sexual Harassment...

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Default Re: Matt Damon Makes Some Very Reasonable Comments About Sexual Harassment...

This is referring more to the distraction aspect of these reports....

There are many vids/docs about the child soldiers of Africa over the past 30
    years or so. Then there are the exploited migrants and minorities in Syria,
    Iraq and Libya culminating in a open slave markets and continuing human
    rights abuse daily. The reasons are complex as in Rwanda and other
    African civil wars. But there is also massive interference by outside
    groups particularly the US and others with the on going agenda of destabilisation
    and limited war where geo political games and weapons sales make a few
    very rich. This possibly leads into other covert agendas like mass sacrifice
    for the 'gods' or other entities to feed off , that goes off into another direction
    per the work of David Icke and others.

So yes exposing Hollywood and harassment is important , but there is a
    much bigger disaster going on globally through war and closer to home
    through the likes of Jimmy Saville etc. This is a massive subject but
    possibly linked by manipulation through external forces ? or humans
    are just created evil/violent as history also suggests if we look at it
    that way. In WW 11 the Japanese used Korean woman as sex slaves,
    the Third Reich did much worse and so on.

So perspective is hard once a crime gets so big its difficult to comprehend
    and deal with at the time. This has gone off the topic of the thread
    which is valid especially if it is the key to open the door to link all these
    topics which are covered by mainstream and many vids online and connected
    together by David Icke and others but not by the mainstream so far.

Hunted by ISIS: Yazidi women sold as sex slaves, children forced to be soldiers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uoxZEPXtw4
    Published on 27 Dec 2017
    After the fall of ISIS in Syria and Iraq, more tales of horror are emerging of life
    with the terrorists. Kurdish-minority families in Iraq known as Yazidis suffered
    capture, death or enslavement. Our correspondent Murad Gazdiev has been
    speaking with some of the families who managed to survive the ordeal. We'll
    show you the full interviews on Thursday. Here's some of what's to come.

===============================================
    ==============================================

This post is probably partly influenced as I'm listening to a David Icke
    vid posted by Desert Dreamer on another thread which timed out
    and I'm updating.David Icke (Dec 21, 2017) - Reptilians Are About To Attack New Update

: David Icke .... New Book 'Everything You Need To Know But Have Never Been
    Told // media censorship

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1198294
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 27th December 2017 at 16:01.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

DNA (27th December 2017), Mike (27th December 2017)

3. Link to Post #42
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Default Re: Matt Damon Makes Some Very Reasonable Comments About Sexual Harassment...

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    This is beginning to feel orchestrated to me.
    This really stood out to me because I'm starting to feel the same! I saw the video with Dustin Hoffman and John Oliver and now he has become "Facepalm Hoffman" in my head... It's awful. All I could think was "bless you John Oliver"

Very dangerous territory indeed, and something that stood out to me recently is a friend of mind telling me the employees used to have to watch educational videos that actually encouraged butt patting in the workplace (in order to welcome the women into an environment of mostly men). Now that's a long time ago, and I can't confirm those videos exist but let's assume they do - because why would he lie about that ;-) Sometimes it just feels like our society is a big joke. Pardon me.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

DNA (27th December 2017), lilac (30th December 2017), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), Mike (27th December 2017)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

This is more in line with this thread and its getting silly warranting headlines on the
    BBC web page. If she has a complaint fair enough , report it to the police as she
    says she warned him from slapping her behind ,but this looks over the top...

Corey Lewandowski accused of sexual assault by Joy Villa

read more...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42496777

==================================================
    ==================================================

Corey Lewandowski on Joy Villa’s allegations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGe6r3eX7Os

Published on 27 Dec 2017
    'Let Trump be Trump' author Corey Lewandowski on singer Joy Villa's sexual
    assault allegations against him and being called to testify before the House
    Intelligence Committee on the Russia probe.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 27th December 2017 at 23:21.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

DNA (29th December 2017), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), Mike (27th December 2017)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,309 times in 5,692 posts

Thanks Cider, this is the stuff I was referring to.

If you haven't gotten your ass squeezed or slapped at some point during your adult life, then you likely haven't left the house. I am 100% opposed to this type of thing of course, but it hardly deserves a public announcement (in my view anyway), unless it is a persistent problem.

Look, this behavior needs to be eradicated too. No one should be touching anyone in ways that makes them uncomfortable. I'm completely and totally opposed to that, however harmless it may appear to be. My point (and Damon's) was that examples like these shouldn't be conflated with rape or more serious sexual crimes.
    Last edited by Mike; 27th December 2017 at 23:54.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Cidersomerset (28th December 2017), DNA (28th December 2017), Flash (28th December 2017), KiwiElf (29th December 2017), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018)

9. Link to Post #45
    Jamaica Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,160 times in 444 posts

Spiral, I think there most definitely something going on as you've described. Yet more reasons to boycott the subversive programming bombarding us 24/7.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jake gittes For This Post:

Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), Mike (29th December 2017)

11. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,733 times in 4,313 posts

I was hoping Joy Villa's Maga dress was something she had done out of a true understanding.
    It now appears she is an astute judge of manipulating the media into slapping her face on a news story.
    Some people will do or say anything for their fifteen minutes.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Cidersomerset (29th December 2017), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), Mike (29th December 2017)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

Look, this behavior needs to be eradicated too. No one should be touching anyone in ways that makes them uncomfortable. I'm completely and totally opposed to that, however harmless it may appear to be. My point (and Damon's) was that examples like these shouldn't be conflated with rape or more serious sexual crimes.
    Exactly, AND two other points.

* Yes, As some said above, this is beginning to look choreographed. All happened very quickly, with no attempt at cover up, which was their previous way of dealing with these situations. IMO this is for 2 reasons.

a) to distract from the pedophile, organ harvesting and other more henious crimes.

b) to put another wedge between men and woman - more divide and conquer. (it's always been said Soros funded the Women's Rights Movement. Not that I'm against Women's Rights, but we can do this without the backlash of hate and disrespect for men. ALL men are not bad, nor do ALL men want women to be second class citizens, etc. OTOH, ALL women are not good or innocent victims. Evil crosses all lines.

Another point, both sexes have to take responsibility for their actions. If a woman wears short, short tight skirts and super low cut tops, they need to think about what they're advertising. If a woman over 18 goes up to a man's hotel room, she should be wise enough to know they are not going up there to read the bible. While Matt Lauer seems to have been a sexual predator, one of his accusers, a 24yr co-worker, who admits it was consensual, is going on as many TV shows that will have her, saying how he took advantage of her. I'm sorry, if you are 24 yrs old and you consensually put yourself in that position with a married man - you don't blame him. You chalk it up to a lesson learned on your part. My guess is she was still angry that after he got what he wanted, he threw her aside. Again, bad, bad on his part to have had this affair, but that doesn't absolve her from the part she played. Lesson learned, move on.

I don't know about other countries, but I have watched how in the USA, we've been sexualized. Even many of the ads on TV, have become somewhat provacative. Victoria Secret for example. We must stay aware of the agenda and not fall prey to it.
    Last edited by Ba-ba-Ra; 29th December 2017 at 19:56.
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

Cidersomerset (3rd January 2018), DNA (30th December 2017), Ewan (2nd January 2018), Foxie Loxie (29th December 2017), KiwiElf (29th December 2017), Matthew (28th February 2018), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), Mike (29th December 2017), Pam (2nd January 2018), RunningDeer (29th December 2017)

15. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,309 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by Ba-ba-Ra (here)

* Yes, As some said above, this is beginning to look choreographed. All happened very quickly, with no attempt at cover up, which was their previous way of dealing with these situations. IMO this is for 2 reasons.

a) to distract from the pedophile, organ harvesting and other more henious crimes.

b) to put another wedge between men and woman - more divide and conquer. (it's always been said Soros funded the Women's Rights Movement. Not that I'm against Women's Rights, but we can do this without the backlash of hate and disrespect for men. ALL men are not bad, nor do ALL men want women to be second class citizens, etc. OTOH, ALL women are not good or innocent victims. Evil crosses all lines.

Another point, both sexes have to take responsibility for their actions. If a woman wears short, short tight skirts and super low cut tops, they need to think about what they're advertising. If a woman over 18 goes up to a man's hotel room, she should be wise enough to know they are not going up there to read the bible. While Matt Lauer seems to have been a sexual predator, one of his accusers, a 24yr co-worker, who admits it was consensual, is going on as many TV shows that will have her, saying how he took advantage of her. I'm sorry, if you are 24 yrs old and you consensually put yourself in that position with a married man - you don't blame him. You chalk it up to a lesson learned on your part. My guess is she was still angry that after he got what he wanted, he threw her aside. Again, bad, bad on his part to have had this affair, but that doesn't absolve her from the part she played. Lesson learned, move on.

I don't know about other countries, but I have watched how in the USA, we've been sexualized. Even many of the ads on TV, have become somewhat provacative. Victoria Secret for example. We must stay aware of the agenda and not fall prey to it.

hey this was a great post! you nailed it. thanks for this ba ba ra!

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (29th December 2017), Cidersomerset (3rd January 2018), DNA (30th December 2017), Ewan (2nd January 2018), Foxie Loxie (29th December 2017), KiwiElf (29th December 2017), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), Pam (2nd January 2018), RunningDeer (29th December 2017)

17. Link to Post #49
    Australia Avalon Member Dianamar's Avatar
    Thanks

i think one thing would improve the situation very quickly.

impose a minimum 10 year sentence to anyone found guilty of false accusations of rape and sexual harassment.

then ask the criminal justice system to follow through on it.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dianamar For This Post:

Cidersomerset (3rd January 2018), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Ba-ba-Ra (here)

There is a heaping mound of wisdom and balance in your post Ba-ba-Ra. It seems to me that the MSM is tasked with divide and conquer these days and many folks are buying it up hook, line and sinker.

I am amazed that Matt Damon would be placed on the witch hunt list for taking what I see as a common sense approach. I can definitely attest to the fact that getting your butt slapped is NOT the same as getting raped, not by a long shot..someone threw out the argument that what really matters is how the woman feels about what happened.. not when it comes to repercussions for those actions it shouldn't. What about someone that gives a friendly hug that is not appreciated? Are they committing the same offense?

It does make me wonder why we tolerated this behavior to some degree throughout history and literally overnight we have a zero tolerance policy. There definitely is something going on. I think distraction from the whole pedo thing that is simmering just under the surface is just as likely as the divide and conquer.
    Last edited by Pam; 2nd January 2018 at 20:18.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Cidersomerset (3rd January 2018), DNA (3rd January 2018), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), Mike (3rd January 2018)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Quote impose a minimum 10 year sentence to anyone found guilty
    of false accusations of rape and sexual harassment.
    That would depend on intent , I understand your frustration and if it was a cast iron
    fraudulent claim yes . But that is only a tiny percentage of people and most that
    are raped or sexually assaulted do not get their day in court let alone convicting
    their assailant or receive justice and compensation.

This is a minefield and varies around the world , war zones third world countries
    everywhere have problems. In some religious cultures its the woman's fault if a
    man rapes her.Under Islamic law, rape can only be proven if the rapist confesses or
    if there are four male witnesses.https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/p...-adultery.aspx

Sexual assault and the Justice System: why so many victims don’t report

The Independent

Published on 6 Dec 2017
    Why do so many victims of sexual assault and rape not report their cases
    to the police? Why does the justice system fail so many survivors?

“A lot of people don’t bother reporting their rape to the police for fear of
    causing a fuss, or just not being believed, or [that] nothing’s going to
    come of it,” says Faye White. “And it’s quite stressful to tell people you’re
    close to, let alone strangers in the police station.”

Faye is just one of the seven people who feature in Life After Sexual Violence,
    a seven part series which throws a spotlight on the reality of life after a sex attack.

Follow The Independent on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheIndepende...

====================================================

Rape Victims in India Struggle to Get Justice
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c53bY15qC-E
    Published on 7 Nov 2017
    Rape survivors in India face significant barriers to obtaining justice and critical
    support services. Legal and other reforms adopted since the gang rape and murder
    of a student, Jyoti Singh Pandey, in Delhi in December 2012 have not been fully
    realized. Women and girls who survive rape and other sexual violence often suffer
    humiliation at police stations and hospitals. Police are frequently unwilling to
    register their complaints, victims and witnesses receive little protection, and
    medical professionals still compel degrading “two-finger” tests. These obstacles to
    justice and dignity are compounded by inadequate health care, counseling, and
    legal support for victims during criminal trials of the accused.
    ===================================================
    Belgium and Greece among countries failing women on rape laws
    https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...y-equality-now

Throughout The U.S., Rape Victims Are Still Being Neglected And
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b00833d1de26bb
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 4th January 2018 at 00:35.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

DNA (4th January 2018), Mike (3rd January 2018)

23. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

This is strange going on Fox for 1m55 secs for a odd conversation
    which goes to ulterior motive and possible publicity stunt....

Lewandowski accuser Joy Villa speaks publicly about harassment

Published on 3 Jan 2018
    Singer Joy Villa discusses her sexual assault complaint against
    former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 4th January 2018 at 01:14.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Mike (28th February 2018)

25. Link to Post #53
    Australia Avalon Member Dianamar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    Quote impose a minimum 10 year sentence to anyone found guilty
    of false accusations of rape and sexual harassment.
    That would depend on intent , I understand your frustration and if it was a cast iron
    fraudulent claim yes . But that is only a tiny percentage of people and most that
    are raped or sexually assaulted do not get their day in court let alone convicting
    their assailant or receive justice and compensation.

This is a minefield and varies around the world , war zones third world countries
    everywhere have problems. In some religious cultures its the woman's fault if a
    man rapes her.Under Islamic law, rape can only be proven if the rapist confesses or
    if there are four male witnesses.https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/p...-adultery.aspx

Sexual assault and the Justice System: why so many victims don’t report

The Independent

Published on 6 Dec 2017
    Why do so many victims of sexual assault and rape not report their cases
    to the police? Why does the justice system fail so many survivors?

“A lot of people don’t bother reporting their rape to the police for fear of
    causing a fuss, or just not being believed, or [that] nothing’s going to
    come of it,” says Faye White. “And it’s quite stressful to tell people you’re
    close to, let alone strangers in the police station.”

Faye is just one of the seven people who feature in Life After Sexual Violence,
    a seven part series which throws a spotlight on the reality of life after a sex attack.

Follow The Independent on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheIndepende...

====================================================

Rape Victims in India Struggle to Get Justice
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c53bY15qC-E
    Published on 7 Nov 2017
    Rape survivors in India face significant barriers to obtaining justice and critical
    support services. Legal and other reforms adopted since the gang rape and murder
    of a student, Jyoti Singh Pandey, in Delhi in December 2012 have not been fully
    realized. Women and girls who survive rape and other sexual violence often suffer
    humiliation at police stations and hospitals. Police are frequently unwilling to
    register their complaints, victims and witnesses receive little protection, and
    medical professionals still compel degrading “two-finger” tests. These obstacles to
    justice and dignity are compounded by inadequate health care, counseling, and
    legal support for victims during criminal trials of the accused.
    Belgium and Greece among countries failing women on rape laws
    https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...y-equality-now

Throughout The U.S., Rape Victims Are Still Being Neglected And
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b00833d1de26bb
    I agree, but don't you think that part of the problem with helping true victims of abuse is the growing culture around the boy or girl who cried wolf ? it is increasingly difficult for people who suffer abuse to be taken seriously because of a few that take shameful advantage of peoples good nature.

If we are to help this situation it must be looked at wholistically. What does this say for the confidense of the perpitrator ? he or she may feel they can get away with such crimes because their victim won't be taken seriously.

its those few men and women that spoil it for the many and i think they should have their day in court too.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dianamar For This Post:

Flash (17th January 2018), Mike (17th January 2018)

27. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

FIRST -- THANK YOU TO RMIND, MIKE AND SDV ...

Jayke --

Actually I delayed coming back because I wanted to allow my feelings about the replies here on this subject
    settle down a little bit -- because it also effects my interest in returning to the site -- and posting here and reading here.

I'm not familiar with Phyllis Chyslers' work -- and in fact the only mention of her was what I found on Amazon about the book.
    Couldn't immediately pull up anything on her on Yahoo.

Of course this is about Elite-patriarchy and its oppression of females. Are you Elite patriarchy? How many males here would
    consider themselves to be Elite-patriarchy which also abuses males.

Our patriarchal societies have ignored the subject of male violence historically.

If you use common sense, would you really believe that women would choose oppression and the violence it has regularly brought
    down on them -- and still does? And you don't really sound like you're fully aware of that violence, but you do seem to confirm
    that every day you see there are women murdered by a former boyfriend, or ex-husband, or whatever in her life. Too often now,
    by guns. Women in US now have an 11X greater risk of being murdered by a man with a gun than women in other wealthy nations.

Women themselves speak out about the disconnect we have had between "white" women and women of color and they are self-critical
    about it and very wisely so. Same with criticism of other women for their looks, or clothing, or opinions -- and if you bother to read
    what women write you will find a very active community of women trying to life all women from petty criticisms of one another.

NONE OF THAT HOWEVER .... equates in any way with male violence. And particularly with male violence against women. Just since the
    beginning of the year, I've been saving links to those daily reports and the savageness of male violence against women is breathtaking -- shocking still!

All over the world we have the most violent treatment of females --
    Do you know of any society over the last 50 years where women deprived men of education -- careers -- ability to earn a living?
    Often women in our societies are still forced into prostitution.

AND the oppression of women has also kept them from being able to protect their children ... INCEST by adult males against
    children is one of our most common crimes in the US. Our sexual abusers of children are adult males -- grandfathers, fathers,
    uncles, male cousins -- male friends of the family. This sexual abuse at a very early age is the most damaging ... and lifelong.
    We are beginning to see now males describing this same kind of post-traumatic effect at being sexually abused -- even
    adult men in Hollywood talking about the after-effects.

Phyllis Chyslers isn't a feminist activist ... she is a profession anti-feminist.

But against the reality of the oppression and violence against women over tens of thousands of years, what she is writing
    is meaningless as women raise their own consciousness and they have long been doing just that.

And neither has "Mother blaming" ended -- in fact, it looks like Elites are trying to resurrect it.

Women do NOT maintain the patriarchy any more than the nation of India maintained British occupation and colonization of India.
    Or Vietnamese worked to keep their colonization by the French going. That's pure nonsense. Put yourself in their places.

I will make this exception -- in every group -- about 3% -- there are people who are willing to be violence for power and control/wealth.
    And that includes women.

Re Hillary -- whom I do not in any way support politically or any other way - consider that if she had been
    male and Bill a woman, she might have done what males frequently do -- murder the wandering spouse.

Let's also be clear about this -- the oppression of women is something that I think YOU and many males here
    need to be looking at much more closely. How about RAPES and Gang rapes in India of women -- and often
    female children?

How many males have you know whose female lovers threw LYE in their faces -- off cut into their faces
    with a machete?

How many female societies organized themselves to destroy the genitals of males as is done to women
    in Africa via Female Genital Mutilation. And don't bother telling me that often it is women who do the cutting.
    Women are forced to do these things to disguise the reality of who is really behind it.
    There are more than 80 million African women still living now who have suffered FGM.

Where in history have you found a female society which bound the feet of males in order to keep them under
    control?

How about Christianity and Papal Edicts like the Hammer of Witches? Some of the most vile propaganda ever
    written by the Vatican. Christianity is based in male-supremacy which is rarely ever mentioned by our press.

These were women who had studied NATURE, PLANTS which are our nutrition -- but also our medicines/our drugs.
    They were the caretakers and healers in their communities. There was nothing supernatural about their studies of Nature.
    They were also naturally involved in childbirth as mid-wives with long experience.

In the "Frankenstein" manner, males were jealous of these talents and their life-giving powers and they were attacked.
    Not only attacked -- they were labeled as "witches" by Elite-patriarchy and burned at the stake.

Because so many males had died in the Crusades -- another period of male wars and violence in order to suppress
    truths inconvenient to Christianity -- women were inheriting the wealth and property of their husbands. This also
    was something that the Elite-patriarchs were about to tolerate as it empowered women in society.

All of this was taken from women -- who even lost the right to their own children. Not only to their inheritance from
    fathers and family members, but in reality they had to marry in order to survive at all.

When you consider what benefits Elite-Patriarchy, think more of their saving and supporting the system of Slavery
    here for Elites/wealthy which guaranteed the Civil War. THAT further benefitte4d Elites/wealthy by splitting the nation
    into two camps of hatred which continue to echo today.

Meanwhile -- the war on women over 50,000 years still is denied.

I also find it hard to add up your sentiments when you have before you today -- right now -- the most bizzare and crazed
    behavior of Trump in the White House with how many members of his administration under investigation and quite a handful
    for domestic violence? Are the black eyes still something you can't believe. Two wives reporting domestic violence?

Also recall that Trump's first wife -- Ivana reported the Donald was a violent man at home. In her testimony at the divorce
    she told of an incident where he had a bald spot that he wanted eliminated and she recommended a plastic surgeon to him
    that she had used. On return home in pain, he thought that she wasn't sufficiently sympathetic so he began tearing out
    clumps of her hair in order to make clear to her just how he was suffering. He beat her and tore out here hair by the roots.
    Later, after a bit of a rest, he raped her.

Males are our sexual abusers of children -- and they are heterosexual males who are 100X MORE likely to sexually abuse a
    child than a homosexual male. If anyone wants some details on one of the studies on that I'll be happy to post them. AND...
    studies have made that clear since at least the 1970's. This is another bit of information which is suppressed and which would
    be very helpful to parents in protecting their children.

Males are our serial killers.

And males have long been our exploiters of Nature, Animal-life, Natural Resources -- and even of other human beings (native people/Africans)
    according to various myths of inferiority.

"Manifest Destiny" and "Man's Dominion Over Nature" are two of the greatest lies ever told for the benefit of Elites/wealthy.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Curious77 For This Post:

29. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

Rachel --

Since my original post, I haven't been back hoping that time would improve the thinking of males here ...

I'm pretty sure as a woman you know this isn't just about Hollywood?

Damon tried to pull off what Clarence Thomas' lawyers tried to pull off in the Senate Hearings as to his "perversions"
    and fitness for the Supreme Court.

Against Prof. Anita Hill's claims, Clarence Thomas' lawyers presented probably a dozen women at the EEOC who had
    NOT been sexually harassed by him. This would be like having all the women a man didn't rape come into the court
    room against a women claiming rape by that man. It was an attempt at distraction in both cases.

In Clarence's case, his own friends listened to the most gross of sexual comments claimed to have been made by
    him and agreed ... "Yep, that sounds exactly like what Clarence would say."

Meanwhile, Senator Joe Biden -- rigged the Hearings in order to make Thomas viable for a vote.
    Biden had promised the legal representatives of Prof. Anita Hill that the dozen or more women WHO HAD ACTUALLY
    WORKED AT THE EEOC AND WHO HAD EITHER WITNESSED OR PERSONALLY EXPERIENCED SEXUAL HARASSMENT
    BY CLARENCE THOMAS would be permitted to testify.

Instead, at 12 pm that evening, Joe Biden called a light skinned negro male who was obviously being called to
    suggest that Prof. Anita Hill was pursuing him aggressively. After 4 hours of friendly banter, the witness who was
    basing his testimony on ONE phone call, finally couldn't remember whether he had called Prof. Hill or whether she
    had called him.

By now it was 4 am ... and Joe Biden CLOSED THE HEARING without permitting Prof. Anita Hill's witnesses to testify.

As Sen. Paul Simon said at the time: "Had the Congress known the truth about Clarence Thomas" he would not
    have made it to a vote and he wouldn't now be on our Supreme Court.

We need to get this pervert off the Supreme Court.

Re Damon's statements about Weinstein -- he has since that time admitted that he knew about him...
    and he also knew about Paltrow because she was dating someone he knew who told him.

“Ridley has a big movie coming out … and nobody right now is in the mood to see a Kevin Spacey movie,” Damon said.

“And I don’t disagree with his decision to do that,” he added. “I mean, that movie, I think, will do much better without Kevin in it.”[/QUOTE]

OK, this one was just dumb, he was supposed say something like it's good that Spacey was dropped because he's a gross sleaze ball.

Overall, from that article (including the end not quoted here), you get the impression his tolerance for sleaze balls is too high and that he's unsuccessfully trying to smooth that and sexual misconduct over and that he sympathises with men getting their names ruined for behaviour that doesn't warrant it.

Agree ---

No similar sympathy however for women whose careers were harmed by Weinstein and others like him.
    On this board it's almost as though some males here are still of the opinion that women should have careers of any kind ...
    maybe not even jobs to earn a living.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Curious77 For This Post:

31. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Mike -- I gave you a "thanks" for your post ... but re this ...

And now it's all the way down to 'so n so grabbed my butt 40 years ago'.

Think that kind of stuff purposefully gets tossed in to try to make the issue begin to sound silly.

But also, keep in mind that we've had a number of MALES who are saying "he grabbed my butt" ....
    or he grabbed my genitals.

And, I think every male here has to BEGIN to try to understand the after-effects of this kind of
    sexual abuse/harassment of males as well. Because it happens to males as young children, as well.
    And it happens to males when they're POW's, though rarely mentioned.

But these kinds of attacks do have long-lasting results as many males have explained ... and I hope
    that males here will continue to follow these stories as I have a feeling we are only beginning to hear
    the truth of it all.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Curious77 For This Post:

33. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

The line is drawn at NO -- and it is also drawn at the LACK of invitation.

Keep in mind Flash that in many countries women are living in burquas still.

And women in the US are in danger of losing their rights to reproductive freedom and abortion which
    the nation supports by the highest numbers ever -- over 76% ... and even higher when Latinos/Latinas
    are added in.

Total support by Catholic women as well for abortion/CHOICE -- in Ireland 200 women a week are
    going to England for abortions. Elsewhere, just as many Catholic women have abortions as any other
    women.

STILL ... the battle is being lost once again by VIOLENCE -- most often of those connected to male-
    supremacist groups, "White supremacists" and KKK.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Curious77 For This Post:

35. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

Helene --

I've just returned hoping that new information and new thinking in the interim would have
    awakened more males here -- and the reality that what this website needs is more females.

However, your post seems to be trying to suggest that all of the women accusing all of the
    men over time has been somehow arranged?

You're also sounding a bit like an anti-feminist in your emphasis on concerns for males
    in the patriarchies that most of us live in. You even seem to be pushing for the "MACHO"
    male.

There is of course NO "transgender project" to "emasculate men" .... in fact males have
    been losing sperm count due to damage to Nature and humans by our pollution/chemicals/
    hormones in our drinking water and it's possible it is also creating other disturbances.

However, we don't really know how many cases of transgender might have existed over time
    because patriarchy has tried so hard to make heterosexuality the NORM in our societies.
    Of course it isn't. Every human being is of some degree or other male/female and not all of
    the same degree. It's very likely that only in statistics might we have found out that many are
    born with "confusing" sexual organs -- and that sexual orientation is also a matter of the mind
    which must be in agreement with its genitalia.

Let me also remind all of us that women today are our scholars -- but they were long barred
    from education and careers and thus the ability to support themselves. In other words, women
    were FORCED into marriages and often into becoming slaves to childbearing.

Evidently, you feel empathy for the male deprived of a job, but not for a female. I think you should know
    that women are often working to feed their children. Some of them are married and supporting husbands
    without jobs.

This is a liberal nation and what we all want most -- by 84%... and more internationally -- is a end to
    US/CIA's "illegal wars of aggression" and its warmongering and weapons deals all over the planet.

We all want National Health Care All as every other nation has.

And an end to the ignorance of the current administration - including its dedication to attack the poor,
    the children, seniors and those disabled among us.

Basically, they want socially responsible government -- and an end to the evils of capitalism.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Curious77 For This Post:

37. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

Reincarnation seems to be a theory making a comeback ...

And it's thought that males will return as females -- and females as males.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Curious77 For This Post:

39. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

sdv --

Interesting and valid guidelines ...

Sadly, the beginning of learning about acceptable sexual/gender behavior should
    be in our schools -- and there was once some very reasonable and effective
    guidelines taught, but the right wing has been trying to overturn all sexual education
    and it seems largely succeeding. The only result is new generations of children trying
    to deal with these issues without the assistance such education can supply.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Curious77 For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast