1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

Default Doctors wrote 4.2 billion prescriptions in 2011

A LITTLE FROM JON RAPPOPORT DEC 21, 2012 ARTICLE REGARDING PRESCRIPTION
    DRUGS

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/

I refer you to my years of research on the effects of medical drugs, and for starters, my September 13 article, “How many drug prescriptions do doctors write per year?”:

Medical News Today reports that, in 2011, there was a modest uptick in the number of prescriptions written in the US.

The increase brought the total to: 4.02 billion.

Yes, in 2011, doctors wrote 4.02 billion prescriptions for drugs in America.

The Medical News Today article concluded, “…the industry should be heartened by the growth of the number of prescriptions and spending.” Yes, I’m sure the drug industry is popping champagne corks.

We’re talking about prescriptions here. We’re not talking about the number of pills Americans took. We’re also not counting over-the-counter drugs or vaccine shots.

A population drugged to the gills is passive…
    Last edited by ramus; 22nd December 2017 at 19:54.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Art (23rd December 2017), Blacklight43 (22nd December 2017), Cardillac (23rd December 2017), dynamo (23rd December 2017), Ewan (22nd December 2017), Flash (24th December 2017), genevieve (23rd December 2017), Mike (23rd December 2017), seko (24th December 2017), selinam (22nd December 2017), shaberon (26th December 2017), sunwings (22nd December 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,188 times in 1,661 posts

Default Re: Doctors wrote 4.2 billion prescriptions in 2011

most people, I think, don't take the following into consideration: prescriptions in the US are filled in the same stores where one buys junk food/drinks and cigarettes + many more insundry items too numerous to be listed

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Flash (24th December 2017), seko (24th December 2017), shaberon (26th December 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I remember clearly the day I came to this country in February 2000. The tax driver taking us from the airport to our friend's house in the suburbs (Long Island) got lost. It was snowing heavily so we got our first contact with snow, what an experience! Then while the taxi was going back and forth at 8 am on Sunday, all we could see on the streets were nail saloons (in my country women never used them, I don't know if they do now), funeral homes (too many) and churches everywhere; it seemed like there was a church in every block (good business). That was my first impression of this country. Then when we got to our friend's house, the TV was on. It took me by surprise that they were ads about medicines in TV. That was unknown to me that people could suggest their doctors what kind of pill they wanted to take and then another surprise: There were ads for hospitals and cancer centers! I never imagined that hospitals need to get publicity about their services!It was very shocking! I immediately understood the magnitude of the health business in this country.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to latina For This Post:

Flash (24th December 2017), Hervé (24th December 2017), Omni (26th December 2017), ramus (24th December 2017), seko (24th December 2017), shaberon (26th December 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

Latina @ it's easy for us not to see what you saw, they've done a good job conditioning us. I stopped watching t.v. 7 years ago, but every once in a while i will. It struck me hard how many drug advertisements were shown in a hour. On the radio at rush hour it's nothing but erectile dysfunction commercials. We're further down the drain than one would think. If it wasn't so sad i could get a good laugh out of it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Flash (24th December 2017), Omni (26th December 2017), seko (24th December 2017), shaberon (26th December 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,508 times in 4,009 posts

Quote Posted by latina (here)
    ...It was very shocking! I immediately understood the magnitude of the health business in this country.
    It is a graveyard manufacturing center. Medicine + church = pure Jesuitry. Rockefeller had a hand in the modernization of it, but the control of the drugged, ignorant populace is their method...worked out really well here.

If 3 x (all Americans) = about a billion, then 4 billion scrips is 12 medicines for every single individual. If I am at zero, then someone else must be on 24...

Here's the new thing I heard of: work, but need medical treatment? No problem. You can get short term disability insurance.

All that actually does, is pay for your regular payroll deductions, most of which is medical insurance, that did not even pay for the medical treatment.

It's the only developed country where the "medical industry" is mostly driven by for-profit insurance.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Omni (26th December 2017)

+ Reply to Thread