+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 4 14

Thread: Water Fasting

1. Link to Post #261
    United States Moderator Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,584 times in 2,311 posts

Default Re: Water Fasting

After reading Bill's Post #254, I have started doing more intermittent fasting. I realized when I read it that for 3 days I hadn't eaten until after noon, anyway, and I don't usually eat after 8 at night.

Now, I'm attempting to make a habit of it!

I'm also doing an exercise routine in the morning that I've done on and off for years. Stretching/yoga, 5 rites, and arm weights. Getting in the habit makes it easier.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th July 2018), TargeT (13th July 2018)

3. Link to Post #262
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member TargeT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,718 times in 6,564 posts

Quote Posted by MorningFox (here)
    My friend Tim did 35 days on nothing but distilled water..
    Distilled water can be dangerous, it lacks all minerals & will deplete your body of minerals faster... Tim seems young, and probably didn't hit any issues, for me the "snake juice" (potassium chloride and sodium chloride mixed) was KEY to successful energetic fasting for reasons described earlier in the thread (our cell's close relationship with those two salts when making energy).

Also the Potasium almost instantly fixed muscle cramps that I had been getting off and on for a while when I fasted too long.
    There was a 1: 400,000,000,000,000 chance of you being born: what have you done with your miraculous life today?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2018), Michelle Marie (13th July 2018), NancyV (14th July 2018)

5. Link to Post #263
    United States Administrator Paul's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 111,081 times in 18,437 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Distilled water can be dangerous, it lacks all minerals & will deplete your body of minerals faster...
    I'd rephrase that to say that exclusively distilled water for 35 days is dangerous.

The key point of a fast, as best I can currently figure, is to remove the sources of energy (carbs, proteins and fats) and of toxins from the diet, so that the body instead works off stored energy supplies in the body, which after perhaps a few hours of working down the excess glucose stores, soon turns to the fat stores. Fat is also a key way that the body sequesters various toxins that it can't find a better way to excrete or neutralize.

If one's body is particularly "toxic", due to consumption of or exposure to too many toxins, for a long time, then the initial toxic burden from dumping into the blood stream and liver the toxins freed up from burning fat can be itself be a sickening challenge. I'd start off with a shorter fast, if that might be my situation. Once one's live and kidney are stronger (perhaps after some shorter fasts, perhaps after a liver flush series, and perhaps after reducing the toxic burden in one's diet and surrounds) then one can more easily handle the toxic burden of a longer fast.

However one still needs some things on a regular, more or less daily, basis, including especially the major minerals (sodium, potassium, magnesium, ...) and of course water. A continued source of the major vitamins A, various B, C, D, ... especially the more rapidly used up water soluble vitamins, is also a good idea.

If one is already seriously short of a key mineral, say magnesium, then a month of distilled water, without some compensating mineral supplementation, could lead to cardiac arrest or some other such life threatening condition ... thus reasonably called "dangerous".
    *** Avalon Forum Guidelines - Membership Guidelines.
    *** ProjectAvalonStatus.net - Check here for forum status.
    Formerly known as "ThePythonicCow", aka "Cow", "Mooster", ...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paul For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2018), Michelle Marie (13th July 2018), TargeT (13th July 2018)

7. Link to Post #264
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    If one is already seriously short of a key mineral, say magnesium, then a month of distilled water, without some compensating mineral supplementation, could lead to cardiac arrest or some other such life threatening condition ... thus reasonably called "dangerous".
    I agree with your overall clarification, but I would like to emphasis this one point:

While regulating salt intakes ("snake juice" has a formula, deviate at your own risk) you will find one thing: they become highly effective laxatives when you take too much..... and that's it, it's like; a built in safety valve (remind anyone of cannabis?).

as I have had quasi extreme effects due to lack of salts ( muscle cramps that were so bad I would lose multiple days of sleep with out being able to "walk them off", which was just a temporary fix that effectively depleted my salts even more) I think that it is drastically important to be sure that your water intake during fasting is mineral rich (and NOTHING else). I suggest two minerals that I know studies have proven to be essential (potassium chloride and sodium chloride). I also know that we are all very very custom "units" we all react to stimuli differently and thus should find what works best for us.

I would avoid processed anything on a diet (and F that word... replace it with Life Style... because this will keep you healthy active and virulent), but ESPECIALLY processed water. I am in favor of the complete opposite of distilled water (unless you are consciously/studiedly adding your own minerals to it).
    Last edited by TargeT; 13th July 2018 at 04:24.
    There was a 1: 400,000,000,000,000 chance of you being born: what have you done with your miraculous life today?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2018), James Newell (13th July 2018), Michelle Marie (13th July 2018), Paul (13th July 2018)

9. Link to Post #265
    United States Avalon Member James Newell's Avatar
    Thanks

That first meal after a fast is simply DELICIOUS, it makes it worth having a body...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to James Newell For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2018), Michelle Marie (13th July 2018), TargeT (13th July 2018)

11. Link to Post #266
    Thanks

Quote Posted by James Newell (here)
    That first meal after a fast is simply DELICIOUS, it makes it worth having a body...
    when I time restrict it's like a mini version of that, I eat everything in a 2 hour window and it tastes AMAZING.. haha (helps that my wife is a Hungarian gypsy... I think cooking is a part of their DNA).

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2018), kanishk (16th July 2018), Michelle Marie (13th July 2018), Paul (13th July 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 4 14