Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 12 22 LastLast

Thread: Water Fasting

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

Default Re: Water Fasting

Happy Birthday, Hym!!!

I'm inspired to do this water fasting. I've done fasting for short periods many times in the past. My normal fast is 3 days. This past August I fasted for 5 days prior to and including the eclipse. It was a great purge.

The day of the last election, I fasted and prayed rather than voting. I was voting for the truth to come out!

It's a good time to fast. I'll gear up for it and begin after my birthday, so I'll start the second week of January.

I've always taken liquids during fasts before: juice fasting, sometimes bone broth and tea. This time I will try just water. I'm going to meditate and determine the length of this fast. I would like to do 18 days. Sounds very effective.

I love the mental clarity and overall cleansing from fasting. I'm gearing up to get a lot of writing done this year. This will be a great way to prepare and I'm sure I'll get more done after this detox.

Yes, very timely thread, Bill. thank you!!!
    MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 28th December 2017 at 19:53.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Alecs (12th December 2021), Anna70 (19th September 2022), Beren (28th December 2017), Bill Ryan (27th December 2017), Hym (27th December 2017), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2017), Mike (27th December 2017), Nasu (30th December 2017), Peace in Oz (9th June 2021), RunningDeer (27th December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,971 times in 281 posts

This is very interesting. Nutrition is the basis for this incarnation in physical level and most of us tend to ignore it. Bill, please keep us posted on how you feel during the fasting.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ZenBaller For This Post:

Anna70 (19th September 2022), Bill Ryan (27th December 2017), Hym (27th December 2017), Michelle Marie (27th December 2017), Nasu (30th December 2017), Peace in Oz (9th June 2021), RunningDeer (27th December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,517 times in 4,009 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    ... on a highly alkaline diet...
    I have no need to try a water fast. My favorite food is water. I have almost the opposite problem: what solid material to add to it?

I strongly believe a "metabolic syndrome" plagues most modern western people, and also there is a tendency for people to jump to conclusions such as being overgrown with candida albicans, which, in some cases, is true, but not a "catch-all" for everybody.

I found that one of the better practices, at least for me, was awareness of, and adjustment to, acidosis. This is again slightly tricky, because, it's not so much that the diet "is alkaline", it has much more to do with the metabolic effect inside the body. Many things that go in, being themselves acid, have an alkalizing effect when absorbed. There is not 100% agreement on how all foods/nutrients work, but, focusing on things that are widely held to have an alkalizing effect, while avoiding the opposite, was quite helpful.

I can't really answer for a strict water fast, although I would say that a lifestyle of water augmented by little else, is more energetic and feels better than it may sound to those unfamiliar with the concept.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Anna70 (19th September 2022), Bill Ryan (27th December 2017), Hym (27th December 2017), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2017), Michelle Marie (27th December 2017), Mike (27th December 2017), Nasu (30th December 2017), RunningDeer (27th December 2017), seko (28th December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member bobme's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,817 times in 234 posts

For those who have a lot of other now things happening, and cannot afford the time of reading through all this info, Be careful of the water you drink upon you fasting with water only. Do not rush out and grab bottled water, or drink your municiple water. (Tap water.)

This has most likely been stated here somewhere. But I have not looked at the links provided.

Like you, I do not have the time to watch them.

Artesian well water is good. Well water is maybe good, but most times better than municiple or bottled water.

I have not done this fasting, but wanted to clarify the differances of water is all.

There are filters, and other ways of clarifying your water, but most cannot afford them.

So find some pure source of water that you can afford. This is not for everyone, if you have no acsess to the "right water".

Sorry for the interuption.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bobme For This Post:

Alecs (12th December 2021), Anna70 (19th September 2022), Bill Ryan (27th December 2017), bluestflame (27th December 2017), drneglector (27th December 2017), Hym (27th December 2017), Michelle Marie (27th December 2017), Nasu (30th December 2017), Peace in Oz (9th June 2021), RunningDeer (27th December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,041 times in 911 posts

Yes, bobme. That is an important detail of any health plan, and in this case, especially when fasting.
    Thank You.

And another note, I'm sure mentioned elsewhere on Avalon, is to read the details on any water dispensing machine you purchase water from. I remember some years back getting water from a water dispenser outside of a store and the water tasting worse than the water from a public fountain inside, meaning that if it had a filter it was overused, in dire need to be replaced and was thus putting the concentrated toxic elements back into the water being dispensed.
    Last edited by Hym; 27th December 2017 at 00:38.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Anna70 (19th September 2022), Bill Ryan (27th December 2017), Michelle Marie (27th December 2017), Nasu (30th December 2017), Peace in Oz (9th June 2021), RunningDeer (27th December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by bobme (here)
    For those who have a lot of other now things happening, and cannot afford the time of reading through all this info, Be careful of the water you drink upon you fasting with water only. Do not rush out and grab bottled water, or drink your municiple water. (Tap water.)
    Quote Posted by Hym (here)
    I'm sure mentioned elsewhere on Avalon, is to read the details on any water dispensing machine you purchase water from.
    Here are some of the Avalon resources on water filtration and personal experiences:

I use the travel size Berkey with the two additional Berkey Fluoride Water Filters.

The Black Berkey Filter Elements have been tested and confirmed to remove or greatly reduce the contaminants listed below:
    • Viruses:  99.999% reduction
    •  MS2 - Fr Coliphage
    • *Exceeds purification standards
    • Pathogenic Bacteria, Parasites, and Cysts:  Removed to non-detectable levels - 100% reduction
    • E. coli, Klebsiella terrigena, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Giardia, Cryptosporidium
    • *Exceeds purification standards
    • Trihalomethanes:   Removed to below detectable limits - 99.99999% reduction
    • Bromodichloromethane, Bromofore, Chloroform, Dibromochloromethane 
    • Inorganic Minerals:  Removed to non-detectable levels - 99.9999999% reduction
    • Chlorine 
    • Heavy Metals:  Greater than 95% reduction
    • Lead, Mercury, Aluminum, Cadmium, Chromium, Copper
    • Volatile Organic Compounds:  Removed to below detectable limits - 99.9999999% reduction:
     Alachlor, Atrazine, Benzene, Carbofuran, Carbon Tetrachloride,
    Chlorine, Chlorobenzene, Chloroform, 2 4-D, DBCP,
    p-Dichlorobenzene, o-Dichlorobenzene, 1 1-Dichloroethane
    1 2-Dichlorpethane, 1 1-Dichloroethylene, Cis-1 2-Dichloroethyiene
    Trans-1 2-Dichloroethylene, 1 2-Dichloropropane
    Cis-l 3-Dichloropropylene, Dinoseb, Endrin, Ethylbenzene
    Ethylene Dibromide (EDB), Heptachlor, Heptachlor Epoxide
    Hexachlorobutodlene, Hexachloro-, Cyclopentadlene, Lindane
    Methoxychlor, MTBE, Pentachlorophenol, Simazine, Styrene
    1,1,2,2-Tetrachloroethane, Tetrachloroethylene, Toluene
    2,4,5-TP (Silvex), 1 2 4-trichlorobenzene, 1 1 1-trichloroethane
    1 1 2-trichloroethane, Trichloroethylene, o-Xylene, m-Xylene
    Berkey Fluoride Filter (Set of 2):

The Berkey water filter fluoride reduction elements work by adding the ability to remove the contaminants listed below. When threaded directly onto the Black Berkey® purification elements the fluoride reduction element is an effective way to take control of targeted harmful contaminants in your drinking water. These fluoride water filters work as a post filter to the Black Berkey and is compatible with all Berkey water filter systems.

Effectively reduces the following water contaminants
    • Fluoride
    • Pre-oxidized Arsenic III and Arsenic V
    • MTBE
    • Other heavy metal ions

[continued here]
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 24th March 2019 at 12:39.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Anna70 (19th September 2022), Bill Ryan (27th December 2017), Bob (3rd January 2018), Hym (27th December 2017), Michelle Marie (28th December 2017), Mike (27th December 2017), Nasu (30th December 2017), Peace in Oz (9th June 2021), Rosco1 (29th July 2019), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018), ThePythonicCow (27th December 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

Hi Bill, glad to hear that you are going to try a water fast. There are a lot of good suggestions in this thread. I am sure you already know a lot about fasting. I will give you my experience as short as I can.

I had a fairly serious stroke in the summer of 2014. Almost immediately my wife started me on periodic water fasts, based on the writings of Russian scientist Dr. Yury Guscho. Basically he advocates periodic water fasts of varying lengths. In my circumstances I had to lower my bloodpressure, so the fasting helped me lose weight and detox. I started with one day a week, a quarterly three day fast and an annual 7 dayer. My wife tells me that on most of the longer fasts, except my most recent three dayer, I gave off the smell of cigarettes. This is evidence of the detoxification of fasting since I had quit smoking almost thirty years prior.

Important things to remember about fasting:

- how you exit is very important, I believe one is supposed to juice fast for several days after longer fasts

- don't do heavy lifting during a fast

- drink when you are thirsty or feel hunger

Here is some further info on fasting:

Fasting for better mental health:
    18 Mar 2014

Mark Mattson is the current Chief of the Laboratory of Neurosciences at the National Institute on Aging. He is also a professor of Neuroscience at The Johns Hopkins University. Mattson is one of the foremost researchers in the area of cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. He advocates periodic fasting as means to manage mental health.

Last edited by Justplain; 27th December 2017 at 02:48.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Anna70 (19th September 2022), Bill Ryan (27th December 2017), Hym (27th December 2017), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2017), Latti (28th December 2017), Michelle Marie (28th December 2017), Mike (27th December 2017), Nasu (30th December 2017), Peace in Oz (9th June 2021), RunningDeer (27th December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018), ThePythonicCow (27th December 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Arnold Ehret was a raw foodist/faster who said some inspiring things:

If your blood is formed from eating the foods I teach [fruits and green-leaf vegetables] your soul will shout for joy and triumph over all misery of life. For the first time you will feel a vibration of vitality through your body (like a slight electric current) that shakes you delightfully.

http://www.azquotes.com/author/36391-Arnold_Ehret

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Anna70 (19th September 2022), Bill Ryan (27th December 2017), Hym (27th December 2017), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2017), Michelle Marie (28th December 2017), Mike (27th December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,533 times in 475 posts

Dr. Berg on Over Hydration with common tap water, and why its necessary to have spring or well water as it contains lots of mineral.

He teaches Ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting in relation to Cortisol, Insulin, other hormones, Liver problems etc.

I think after watching his videos, one must first introduce lots of Fats and proper amount of proteins into the diet, parallely minimizing the carbohydrates except Vegetables. So that one's metabolism handles KETOGENESIS as well. After that if we do water fasting then it will be very easy and much better.

x=Post Update=x

I followed almost Ketogenic diet for 2 months without any Intermittent fasting. As my intent was to convert my metabolism into Ketogenic friendly one, which takes 1 month for normal healthy individual and 2 months for any other person with pre-diabetic symptoms.

So I did it, only for 2 months and then had to come back to large amounts of Carbohydrates again. Not because I wanted to but because I didn't/don't have an option.

Well after that everything in food became very very sweet for me. Like the normal curd that I used to add sugar to, without sugar it still tasted sweet for me. Breads made from Jovar became more sweeter in taste. Even the normal wheat bread tasted different. When I sipped the tea for the first time after those 2 months of ketogenic diet, it was so extremely sweet for me. If I consume large amount of sugar because sometimes you are forced to eat large amounts of Sweets my head starts to ache, and now the upper limit of that also came down. Means now for lesser amount of sweets head starts to ache. Its not that I don't like sweets, I like sweets but headache starts it I over do it.
    Last edited by kanishk; 27th December 2017 at 03:17.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kanishk For This Post:

Alecs (12th December 2021), anandacate (27th December 2017), Anna70 (19th September 2022), Bill Ryan (27th December 2017), bojancan (31st December 2017), Hym (27th December 2017), Michelle Marie (28th December 2017), Mike (30th December 2017), RunningDeer (27th December 2017), Sunny-side-up (27th December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018), ThePythonicCow (27th December 2017)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    and we should decrease our water intake?- water flushes out toxins in our body among many other things- duuh-uh!

I will be the last person who will do a water fasting-
    Larry, I hope this might make you smile.

You have an innocent misunderstanding: it's all the other way round. A water fast means you ONLY consume water, and nothing else.
    Bill, you are the soul of discretion. I can learn a lot from you. A real master.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Anna70 (19th September 2022), Bill Ryan (27th December 2017), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2017), Michelle Marie (28th December 2017), RunningDeer (28th December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

I have done this years ago... For five years, three days a month, I had no food only water... They say it breaks the will of the flesh, putting you back in charge of you ... The other benefit is it builds serious spirit power ... A persons desire to serve others becomes easy, and clear focus on any matter, is crystal clear ... one can actually use meditation and heal others or themselves but, only through keeping the flesh out of the way ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Anna70 (19th September 2022), Bill Ryan (28th December 2017), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2017), Justplain (22nd January 2018), kanishk (29th December 2017), Mark (28th December 2017), Michelle Marie (28th December 2017), Peace in Oz (9th June 2021), RunningDeer (28th December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    and we should decrease our water intake?- water flushes out toxins in our body among many other things- duuh-uh!

I will be the last person who will do a water fasting-
    Larry, I hope this might make you smile.

You have an innocent misunderstanding: it's all the other way round. A water fast means you ONLY consume water, and nothing else.
    Dry fasting means no food or liquid, I sometimes dry fast when doing intermittent fasting usually for 16-18 hours.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Anna70 (19th September 2022), Bill Ryan (28th December 2017), kanishk (29th December 2017), Michelle Marie (28th December 2017), RunningDeer (28th December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

25. Link to Post #33
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

Some more interesting information on fasting, though not specifically water fasting.

From Self-Realization Fellowship magazine:

https://www.yogananda-srf.org/upload...e/srm_wi05.pdf

"Use fasting to prevent and cure colds"

"At least once every month you should give a thorough house-cleaning to your body by fasting."

"Do not let toxins accumulate in your system."

"The greatest way to maintain health and the simplest, is to fast on orange juice one day every week and for two or three days consecutively once a month."

"Fasting with citrus juices is excellent for prevention of colds, but not during a cold, as they tend to produce mucous."

"To rid yourself of a cold, it is better to fast on other unsweetened fruit juice."

"Fresh, ripe, non-citrus fruits and ground raw almonds (unsalted) may be taken during the fast."

"There is nothing that kills a cold as quickly as fasting".

"If you can fast twenty four hours, the cold usually goes away"

"Regular elimination is important. Take a natural laxative during the fast if necessary"

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Anna70 (19th September 2022), Bill Ryan (28th December 2017), Justplain (22nd January 2018), Michelle Marie (28th December 2017), Peace in Oz (9th June 2021), Rosco1 (29th July 2019), RunningDeer (28th December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

27. Link to Post #34
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

I've got some more interesting Yogananda-related links on fasting that were originally published in East-West magazine (now called Self-Realization Fellowship magazine) from the 1920s.

This thread has for me revived a long-dormant interest in fasting. I have not practised fasting for some time, partly because I've not studied it enough and partly because I've lacked the discipline to practice it, even moderately.

But on practising a number of his suggestions recently (and not merely reading about them) I am 100% convinced he is correct in saying that most colds can be eliminated by fasting for a 24 hour period. I can personally testify to this, as I sometimes have a tendency to overeat and fasting gets rid of the adverse effects of this, such as colds. Fasting doesn't have to be extreme and I am also convinced conventional medicine has it all wrong when dealing with the common cold. Fasting simply gives the body a chance to get rid of toxins that accumulate in the body.

Anyway here are the links (actually a google search of "site:http://www.mysticalportal.net fasting" will throw up the following links for you)

http://www.mysticalportal.net/18-5grape.html

http://www.mysticalportal.net/2-2coolidge.html

http://www.mysticalportal.net/4-2.html

http://www.mysticalportal.net/EastWestAug1932.pdf (look for how to rejuvenate yourself)

http://www.mysticalportal.net/BalancedLife.htm (just a passing mention of fasting)
    Last edited by happyuk; 29th December 2017 at 12:49.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th December 2017), Michelle Marie (30th December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

29. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member barneythez's Avatar
    Thanks

When I was young, I did a beer fast, but I don't remember anything about it.

30. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to barneythez For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th December 2017), earthdreamer (3rd January 2018), Flash (29th December 2017), Hym (30th December 2017), Innocent Warrior (2nd January 2018), Jad (18th February 2018), kanishk (30th December 2017), Michelle Marie (30th December 2017), Nasu (30th December 2017), RunningDeer (29th December 2017), selinam (31st December 2017), Sunny-side-up (29th December 2017), TargeT (29th December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Prepared a red lentil potage, cigarette borek (philo dough, feta chese, egg, butter, dill) and baklava for a friend dinner where she serves boeuf à l’orange (yes we are French with a Turkish tint for my own cooking) plus prime quality wine.

Then i fall on this thread

I FEEL SO GUILTY!!!!
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th December 2017), Hym (30th December 2017), Jad (18th February 2018), Michelle Marie (30th December 2017), RunningDeer (29th December 2017), selinam (31st December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

33. Link to Post #37
    Ecuador Avalon Member Alberto e Daniela's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi, Folks:

I'd like to open the topic of Water Fasting — and I'd love to hear from anyone with significant experience of this.

[...]

Dr Group waxes lyrical about water fasting, and (my paraphrase) states that after a few days stem cells start to grow, and all kinds of healing starts to happen. He describes it as almost literally a process of rejuvenation, and says that no supplements should be taken... just water.

[...]

Advice, input, tips and recommendations, information sources, and first-hand experience are all more than welcome.
    Bill, we'd like to tell you our experience. 2016 had been a very intense year, especially for Daniela, on the health side. This is her story being told...

My health was worsening due to heavy bleedings, caused by several large uterine fibroids, the largest one feeling like a tennis ball bulging my abdomen and causing constant discomfort and pain, and difficulty in sleeping, and obviously a long standing anemia.

The medical advice was to do surgery (hysterectomy), a very invasive and damaging procedure to my body.

With the hope to access an alternative therapy I underwent a lengthy clinical examination, including an incredibly long MRI Scan. The official outcome was that the fibroids were too big to proceed, but there was an unexpected side effect: on the following night I started having huge, scary, bleedings and feeling extremely weak. My body was already suggesting me what to do, so I stopped eating, and only felt the need of home made juices (among others, beetroot extract, for iron).

We then remembered about an Italian investigator, Valdo Vaccaro, about whom we had read in the past, a strong advocate of the vegan diet, who explained how a water fast can regenerate us and kickstart a body cleansing solving several health issues, including fibroid shrinking or disappearing.

It was exactly this time of last year: Alberto joined in (he also would like to do a cleansing), so we both then started a four day water-only fast (my husband also added lemon juice). We were using bottled spring water. We did not impose a certain amount of water to drink daily, we left this to our instinct, a bit at the time.

The surprise came after the four days, when my body still refused to eat solid food, and drove me to continue the "treatment", into a 40 days period of juices, made mostly of organic beetroot, carrot, apple, celery OR pineapple and ginger, plus watermelon (!). During most of this period, it gave me fever regularly every night, with abundant sweating (had to get changed every time): it was something unprecedented to me, the body was teaching me something new. The fever must be a way for the body to dissolve or kill certain toxics, germs or old cells. Also, on every visit to the toilet, I was getting rid of unusual wastes.

Despite my existing anemia, my body held up this way, with juices and a minimal amount of fruit, for a month and half, during which I stayed at home resting and sleeping a lot: my etheric body needed recharging of vital energy. I felt weak, so the most I did outdoors was shortly going out with Alberto to get some sun.

It is worth noting that the fast, after the first four days, was not any sacrifice, or effort, but rather it was the most natural thing to do for me. Somehow the body was gently suggesting me what to do through instinct.

In the same way, then, my body gradually took me back to a more solid, vegetarian, nutrition, the fever stopped, and ... there were no more of those regular bleedings which had been with me for so many years. Also, the constant pain in most of my joints, which had been pestering me for a long time, had gone.

A few months later, I've repeated the ultrasound scan of the fibroids, and it turns out that they had shrunk considerably: the biggest of them lost 80% of its mass.

I can therefore testify the wisdom of our body, in healing itself, if only we give it the necessary rest from the task of digesting and processing food, fresh air, good water (*) and sunlight.

That is why we intend to repeat the fast these days, and celebrate another water-only New Year's Eve !

by the way, Happy New Year 2018 everybody !!! ( <-- note: it's just water in the glasses )

(*) we have learnt about dry fasting, as practiced and administered for many years in Russia by Dr. Sergej Filonov. As we have not experienced it, we can only report that it enjoys the utmost respect from Dr. Valdo Vaccaro, so it certainly deserves being explored seriously.

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Alberto e Daniela For This Post:

Czarek (30th December 2017), Hym (30th December 2017), Innocent Warrior (1st January 2018), Jayke (30th December 2017), Jean-Luc (1st April 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (8th December 2018), Justplain (22nd January 2018), Michelle Marie (30th December 2017), Peace in Oz (9th June 2021), Rich (31st December 2017), RunningDeer (30th December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Quote Posted by barneythez (here)
    When I was young, I did a beer fast, but I don't remember anything about it.
    That is hilarious!

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

barneythez (1st January 2018), Innocent Warrior (1st January 2018), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Prepared a red lentil potage, cigarette borek (philo dough, feta chese, egg, butter, dill) and baklava for a friend dinner where she serves boeuf à l’orange (yes we are French with a Turkish tint for my own cooking) plus prime quality wine.

Then i fall on this thread

I FEEL SO GUILTY!!!!
    Why? Sounds good to me.

It's also how you think about things. "This is good for me." Instructs the body-mind.
    The cells are intelligent. Tell them: "manifest perfect health" or "use what's good and release the rest"

The mind is powerful.

We are always adjusting to our environment, too. We can always come back into balance.

I spent a year living in France. Great food and wine! Lots of fresh air and natural foods, too.

I'm sure you're doing great overall.
    MM

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (1st January 2018), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Alberto e Daniela (here)
    Hi, Folks:

I'd like to open the topic of Water Fasting — and I'd love to hear from anyone with significant experience of this.

[...]

Dr Group waxes lyrical about water fasting, and (my paraphrase) states that after a few days stem cells start to grow, and all kinds of healing starts to happen. He describes it as almost literally a process of rejuvenation, and says that no supplements should be taken... just water.

[...]

Advice, input, tips and recommendations, information sources, and first-hand experience are all more than welcome.
    Bill, we'd like to tell you our experience. 2016 had been a very intense year, especially for Daniela, on the health side. This is her story being told...

My health was worsening due to heavy bleedings, caused by several large uterine fibroids, the largest one feeling like a tennis ball bulging my abdomen and causing constant discomfort and pain, and difficulty in sleeping, and obviously a long standing anemia.

The medical advice was to do surgery (hysterectomy), a very invasive and damaging procedure to my body.

With the hope to access an alternative therapy I underwent a lengthy clinical examination, including an incredibly long MRI Scan. The official outcome was that the fibroids were too big to proceed, but there was an unexpected side effect: on the following night I started having huge, scary, bleedings and feeling extremely weak. My body was already suggesting me what to do, so I stopped eating, and only felt the need of home made juices (among others, beetroot extract, for iron).

We then remembered about an Italian investigator, Valdo Vaccaro, about whom we had read in the past, a strong advocate of the vegan diet, who explained how a water fast can regenerate us and kickstart a body cleansing solving several health issues, including fibroid shrinking or disappearing.

It was exactly this time of last year: Alberto joined in (he also would like to do a cleansing), so we both then started a four day water-only fast (my husband also added lemon juice). We were using bottled spring water. We did not impose a certain amount of water to drink daily, we left this to our instinct, a bit at the time.

The surprise came after the four days, when my body still refused to eat solid food, and drove me to continue the "treatment", into a 40 days period of juices, made mostly of organic beetroot, carrot, apple, celery OR pineapple and ginger, plus watermelon (!). During most of this period, it gave me fever regularly every night, with abundant sweating (had to get changed every time): it was something unprecedented to me, the body was teaching me something new. The fever must be a way for the body to dissolve or kill certain toxics, germs or old cells. Also, on every visit to the toilet, I was getting rid of unusual wastes.

Despite my existing anemia, my body held up this way, with juices and a minimal amount of fruit, for a month and half, during which I stayed at home resting and sleeping a lot: my etheric body needed recharging of vital energy. I felt weak, so the most I did outdoors was shortly going out with Alberto to get some sun.

It is worth noting that the fast, after the first four days, was not any sacrifice, or effort, but rather it was the most natural thing to do for me. Somehow the body was gently suggesting me what to do through instinct.

In the same way, then, my body gradually took me back to a more solid, vegetarian, nutrition, the fever stopped, and ... there were no more of those regular bleedings which had been with me for so many years. Also, the constant pain in most of my joints, which had been pestering me for a long time, had gone.

A few months later, I've repeated the ultrasound scan of the fibroids, and it turns out that they had shrunk considerably: the biggest of them lost 80% of its mass.

I can therefore testify the wisdom of our body, in healing itself, if only we give it the necessary rest from the task of digesting and processing food, fresh air, good water (*) and sunlight.

That is why we intend to repeat the fast these days, and celebrate another water-only New Year's Eve !

by the way, Happy New Year 2018 everybody !!! ( <-- note: it's just water in the glasses )

(*) we have learnt about dry fasting, as practiced and administered for many years in Russia by Dr. Sergej Filonov. As we have not experienced it, we can only report that it enjoys the utmost respect from Dr. Valdo Vaccaro, so it certainly deserves being explored seriously.
    Great story, Alberto and Daniela! Very inspiring.

It reminds me of the story by Branden Bays in her book The Journey. She also had a large tumor with bleeding. She avoided surgery. She healed naturally. There was a strong emotional component, too.

My last fast was body-inspired. I had sweats and chills. I only fasted for 5 days, though. Since prayer goes well with fasting, I used the time for conscious prayer, intention setting, affirmations, and meditation. I was in the forest surrounded by trees.

I permanently went to a more pure lifestyle, and it was just natural. I didn't pre-meditate or make a thought out decision about it.

I'm looking forward to doing this water fast, too. Im taking detoxifying supplements now that feel right to me.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Michelle Marie

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (31st December 2017), Blacklight43 (30th December 2017), Innocent Warrior (1st January 2018), Justplain (22nd January 2018), Rich (31st December 2017), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 12 22 LastLast