+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Short Story About Life, Death And The Universe. (Food for thought...)

1. Link to Post #21
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Default Re: A Short Story About Life, Death And The Universe. (Food for thought...)

As I understand it--you reincarnate at the same level of consciousness that you left this earth.
    Suicide for example would give temporary escape but you would come back to face similar.
    On enlightenment there is no further reincarnation---school finished job done--graduated etc.

All that may be part of Maya--illusion---What separate person is there to reincarnate?

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ewan (31st December 2017), Innocent Warrior (31st December 2017), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018), Wind (31st December 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,950 times in 2,388 posts

Default Re: A Short Story About Life, Death And The Universe. (Food for thought...)

Quote Posted by Rachel (here)
    Quote Posted by chris_walker (here)
    There's no way I want to be reincarnated as a Chinese or any peasant girl in 540AD. This is why I dread the concept of reincarnation - you can potentially and with great probability become someone in a more miserable condition than you are now. Darwinist annihilation is preferable to this.
    Me either! If that part is true the way I read it (God I hope not!) then it's too far outside my current scope of perception to completely comprehend, so I just noted it and set it aside. My understanding is that we have already been the Chinese peasant girl in 540AD, from this linear time perspective, that we are literally the one being and simultaneously living all the lives at once and a part of all that is experiencing it like this in linear time. So it's not like we all as individuals have to live all the other lives, we already are and have - as one, and collectively as individuals from the linear time perspective. Hope that makes sense, I'm not the best at translating spiritual concepts into words.
    I'm curious to know what is so bad about being a peasant girl in the 540AD. It might be a lifetime where you learn an incredible amount about healing via plants, or experience a love so strong you could not have imagined it previously.

I know this much, I dread being reincarnated in a future world where the state monitors everything you do, the rest of the population is largely asleep and okay with that and banal meaningless adverts fill your life with honeyed persausions whilst gladia... erm, sportsmen are among the richest people on the planet and revered like demi-gods.
    Last edited by Ewan; 31st December 2017 at 10:47.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

greybeard (31st December 2017), Innocent Warrior (31st December 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (31st December 2017), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018), Wind (31st December 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    There's no way I want to be reincarnated as a Chinese or any peasant girl in 540AD. This is why I dread the concept of reincarnation - you can potentially and with great probability become someone in a more miserable condition than you are now. Darwinist annihilation is preferable to this.
    Me either! If that part is true the way I read it (God I hope not!) then it's too far outside my current scope of perception to completely comprehend, so I just noted it and set it aside. My understanding is that we have already been the Chinese peasant girl in 540AD, from this linear time perspective, that we are literally the one being and simultaneously living all the lives at once and a part of all that is experiencing it like this in linear time. So it's not like we all as individuals have to live all the other lives, we already are and have - as one, and collectively as individuals from the linear time perspective. Hope that makes sense, I'm not the best at translating spiritual concepts into words.
    I'm curious to know what is so bad about being a peasant girl in the 540AD. It might be a lifetime where you learn an incredible amount about healing via plants, or experience a love so strong you could not have imagined it previously.

I know this much, I dread being reincarnated in a future world where the state monitors everything you do, the rest of the population is largely asleep and okay with that and banal meaningless adverts fill your life with honeyed persausions whilst gladia er sportsmen are among the richest people on the planet and revered like demi-gods.
    The "God I hope not" comment was about having to each live all the lives, however the peasant girl life doesn't interest me at all. Besides, I actually hope I never return to this world again, period (not to be confused with not coming back to Earth, I adore Earth).
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

chris_walker (1st January 2018), dynamo (31st December 2017), Ewan (31st December 2017), greybeard (31st December 2017), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

I hope to never come back to this world either... When looking at the current state of affairs. Then again, all of that remains in the hands of God.

Only when the kingdom of heaven is realized on Earth, does reincarnation look compelling enough again.
    Only other option would be enlightenment, but that is a long road...
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

dynamo (31st December 2017), Ewan (31st December 2017), greybeard (31st December 2017), Innocent Warrior (31st December 2017), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,950 times in 2,388 posts

I know this much, I dread being reincarnated in a future world where the state monitors everything you do, the rest of the population is largely asleep and okay with that and banal meaningless adverts fill your life with honeyed persausions whilst gladia er sportsmen are among the richest people on the planet and revered like demi-gods.
    The "God I hope not" comment was about having to each live all the lives, however the peasant girl life doesn't interest me at all. Besides, I actually hope I never return to this world again, period (not to be confused with not coming back to Earth, I adore Earth).
    It is this I would like you to expand on, be it peasant girl or boy.

From my experience/understanding these people have the fullest lives, they live close to nature and don't suffer from all the illusions and distractions of this so-called life we find ourselves in that is almost devoid of meaning in the true sense for countless millions. Certainly in my own travels the nicest people I met were the ones who appeared to have nothing, the reverse held true also for money and/or positions of authority - here was the devious, duplicitous and untruthful. (I speak in generalisations of course.)

Give me a simple life anytime over hi-tech luxury and rat-race conditions. Possibly I'm just a naive romantic but I dream of a semi-nomadic life living off the land with a 'true' love beside me and a couple of healthy happy laughing children. Love eluded me this life so I currently have no understanding of what such a life could be like.**

But of course that also sounds like escapism, and an alternate would be as you suggest and never come back at all. I'm sure it will transpire that I do have to continue and at that point I'm certain I'll be in a hurry to get back, not from choice but from necessity, and whatever life will be the most condusive to learning/expanding will be the life I take.

** Just an idle daydream. Everything you love has to die and turn to dust. Ergo life is pain, life is suffering.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (31st December 2017), dynamo (31st December 2017), greybeard (31st December 2017), Innocent Warrior (31st December 2017), Rich (31st December 2017), starlight (21st January 2018), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018), Wind (31st December 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Imagine the chance of being you, among perhaps an infinite number of other beings, it's basically 0.

I think the notion of reincarnation comes from the belief that we need a past to exist, that somehow a past has created us.

** Just an idle daydream. Everything you love has to die and turn to dust. Ergo life is pain, life is suffering.

ACIM explains it differently, it says that this world is not real and does not exist.

To quote:

The acceptance of guilt into the mind of God's Son was the beginning of the separation, as the acceptance of the Atonement is its end. The world you see is the delusional system of those made mad by guilt.

Look carefully at this world, and you will realize that this is so. For this world is the symbol of punishment, and all the laws that seem to govern it are the laws of death. Children are born into it through pain and in pain. Their growth is attended by suffering, and they learn of sorrow and separation and death. Their minds seem to be trapped in their brain, and its powers to decline if their bodies are hurt. They seem to love, yet they desert and are deserted. They appear to lose what they love, perhaps the most insane belief of all. And their bodies wither and gasp and are laid in the ground, and are no more. Not one of them but has thought that God is cruel.

If this were the real world, God would be cruel. For no Father could subject his children to this as the price of salvation and be loving. Love does not kill to save.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

chris_walker (2nd January 2018), dynamo (31st December 2017), Ewan (31st December 2017), greybeard (31st December 2017), Innocent Warrior (31st December 2017), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018), Wind (31st December 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

It is this I would like you to expand on, be it peasant girl or boy.

From my experience/understanding these people have the fullest lives, they live close to nature and don't suffer from all the illusions and distractions of this so-called life we find ourselves in that is almost devoid of meaning in the true sense for countless millions. Certainly in my own travels the nicest people I met were the ones who appeared to have nothing, the reverse held true also for money and/or positions of authority - here was the devious, duplicitous and untruthful. (I speak in generalisations of course.)

Give me a simple life anytime over hi-tech luxury and rat-race conditions. Possibly I'm just a naive romantic but I dream of a semi-nomadic life living off the land with a 'true' love beside me and a couple of healthy happy laughing children. Love eluded me this life so I currently have no understanding of what such a life could be like.**

But of course that also sounds like escapism, and an alternate would be as you suggest and never come back at all. I'm sure it will transpire that I do have to continue and at that point I'm certain I'll be in a hurry to get back, not from choice but from necessity, and whatever life will be the most condusive to learning/expanding will be the life I take.

Poo, I was hoping you wouldn't press me on that. OK, frankly, I've experienced enough of that this lifetime. I grew up with nothing, not enough food, little clothing, little of anything and it wasn't a full life, it was hard, I was hungry and really cold in winter. Perhaps if you're on a farm with a loving family then having nothing isn't so bad, but that wasn't me. Good news is that due to that I'm a person who has a healthy sense of abundance simply by having my needs met and I met my true love in my thirties. It was worth it but no, I'm not interested in having nothing again.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

chris_walker (1st January 2018), dynamo (31st December 2017), Ewan (31st December 2017), greybeard (31st December 2017), Rich (31st December 2017), Valerie Villars (28th January 2018), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018), Wind (31st December 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

This is an incredibly beautiful text. So true. I came to that exact realisation lately, namely: guilt IS the original sin. I felt it in all my being. Guilt of being alive asking forgiveness for my bare existence. The guilt of having desired separation through existence here. Asking forgiveness to the truth of the universal. to the higher self. And i know i am not over this hurdle yet.

I forgive myself and infuse love into this existense. I accept what happened.
    Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    Imagine the chance of being you, among perhaps an infinite number of other beings, it's basically 0.

I think the notion of reincarnation comes from the belief that we need a past to exist, that somehow a past has created us.

ACIM explains it differently, it says that this world is not real and does not exist.

To quote:

The acceptance of guilt into the mind of God's Son was the beginning of the separation, as the acceptance of the Atonement is its end. The world you see is the delusional system of those made mad by guilt.

Look carefully at this world, and you will realize that this is so. For this world is the symbol of punishment, and all the laws that seem to govern it are the laws of death. Children are born into it through pain and in pain. Their growth is attended by suffering, and they learn of sorrow and separation and death. Their minds seem to be trapped in their brain, and its powers to decline if their bodies are hurt. They seem to love, yet they desert and are deserted. They appear to lose what they love, perhaps the most insane belief of all. And their bodies wither and gasp and are laid in the ground, and are no more. Not one of them but has thought that God is cruel.

If this were the real world, God would be cruel. For no Father could subject his children to this as the price of salvation and be loving. Love does not kill to save.
    Last edited by Flash; 31st December 2017 at 16:13.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

dynamo (31st December 2017), Ewan (31st December 2017), greybeard (31st December 2017), Orph (1st January 2018), Rich (31st December 2017), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Smile Re: A Short Story About Life, Death And The Universe. (Food for thought...)

Now, an experience

----------------------

I chose to put my attention on this present life of my actual evolving avatar in order to grow and know Myself.

One life has so little importance in the eternity of my being. Any mistakes made by this avatar has little importance having eternity to correct any deemed mistakes made by this human avatar.

I was, i am, i will be, in eternity.

Posing my attention on that life is what incarnation is. Once the learning has occured, i pose my attention on another life to enhance further learning.

All those lives are actually present in eternity to learn from, on my chosing following my development.

------------------------

End of the experience that went on for a few seconds of our time measurement or for eternity, i do not know, but it changed my understanding of life, of incarnation and reincarnation, of responsibilities, of forgiveness, of soul and higher self. In a few seconds.

Then it took 20 years to arrive to the original sin and the need for guilt forgiveness in all my 3D cells while knowing quite well that love infusion (soul) is in fact all that is needed. A paradox.

I have been transcribing in words what I experienced, which is far from being the reality of it, but the best I can do for the moment.

It also showed me that reincarnation in the past is possible, but if you have passed the time of learning through being a poor beaten up, starving Chinese girl in years 540, you may still be in year 540 in China, but a high level monk.

It does not matter and it is not sequential on a human timeline, but rather on an soul awakening scheme. And the soul has eternity.

When we do not want to go back to a difficult suffering life, it is ego talking, to the soul, it does not matter. Guilt and separation is also ego talking, the soul has no guilt and is not separated from the whole.

Love you all, in peace,

Happy new year
    Last edited by Flash; 31st December 2017 at 16:47.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

dynamo (1st January 2018), Ewan (1st January 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th January 2018), onevoice (1st January 2018), Orph (31st December 2017), Rich (31st December 2017), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018), Wind (31st December 2017)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Littleness versus Magnitude

Be not content with littleness. But be sure you understand what littleness is,
    and why you could never be content with it. Littleness is the offering you
    give yourself. You offer this in place of magnitude, and you accept it.
    Everything in this world is little because it is a world made out of littleness,
    in the strange belief that littleness can content you. When you strive for
    anything in this world in the belief that it will bring you peace, you are
    belittling yourself and blinding yourself to glory. Littleness and glory are
    the choices open to your striving and your vigilance. You will always
    choose one at the expense of the other.

Yet what you do not realize, each time you choose, is that your choice is
    your evaluation of yourself. Choose littleness and you will not have peace,
    for you will have judged yourself unworthy of it. And whatever you offer as
    a substitute is much too poor a gift to satisfy you. It is essential that you
    accept the fact, and accept it gladly, that there is no form of littleness that
    can ever content you. You are free to try as many as you wish, but all you
    will be doing is to delay your homecoming. For you will be content only in
    magnitude, which is your home.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

dynamo (6th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th January 2018), onevoice (21st January 2018), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    New Zealand Unsubscribed Vernaianawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice, feel to add this here >

22. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Vernaianawa, I LOVED that video. That put a smile on my face. I love how simply children explain things. Thank you so much for that.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Vernaianawa (7th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2