+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dark - Netflix

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member Alpha141's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 times in 272 posts

Default Dark - Netflix

I see one of the comments in YouTube being mind blowing....

One released early December. Haunting, Beautiful, Engrossing, Character Depth...hard to stop but intense you find yourself needing to process it too. About a time scenario. Has some similar feel to Stranger Things but unique also. Like a real serious Stranger Things. Has Sicario / The Equalizer / The Arrival intensity if you enjoyed that style.

The trailer shows German. As it is shot there. The version i have seen has English dubbed. I actually would prefer the German but still amazing. Enjoy guys. The music is beautiful and cinematography as always with Netflix. Cast are exceptional also. Outstanding attention on all fronts.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5753856/

"Fraud and Falsehood Dread Investigation. Truth Invites It' - Thomas Cooper -
    My website latest creations - http://www.servantoftruth.org

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Alpha141 For This Post:

astridmari (30th December 2017), Fellow Aspirant (31st December 2017), Innocent Warrior (31st December 2017), Kryztian (31st December 2017), Mark (31st December 2017), Sunny-side-up (1st January 2018), Violet3 (31st December 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Turkey Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,447 times in 216 posts

Default Re: Dark - Netflix

Unfortunately character developments were horrible in this show. The plot is good but the characters are soo dumb & antipathetic that you lose interest in a couple of episodes. I thought this would be as good as Stranger Things but it was nowhere near ST.

PS: If you look at the sub-plot as "reincarnating one spirit" it gets more interesting though.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Feritciva For This Post:

Alpha141 (31st December 2017), Innocent Warrior (31st December 2017), Kryztian (31st December 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,651 times in 1,409 posts

Just got netflix & this was the first thing I saw, it does have a lot in common with stranger things, both set in the mid 80's, both set in small towns next to power related industries / experiments, both feature underground tunnels / caves & both have dimensional interfaces as the main plot.

What's not to like ?

Although the adults in both seem to be less than the kids....but maybe that's why it's set when it is ?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Alpha141 (31st December 2017), Innocent Warrior (31st December 2017), Mark (31st December 2017), Violet3 (31st December 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Looks great, thanks Alpha. Love the soundtrack.

Double the pleasure (season two soundtrack also available on YT) -

Stranger Things synth -

Have you watched The OA? I highly recommend it if you haven't already watched it, quite dark but deeply mystical and profoundly beautiful.

Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Alpha141 (31st December 2017), Spiral (31st December 2017), Violet3 (31st December 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

The OA Rachel is definitely very good. I am part way through...it is pretty intense..I will be looking to revisit it soon myself.

The main cast members i am a big fan off. Jason Isaacs especially (he was in a brilliant series in 2012 called Awake - which i highly recommend if you can access it -
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839683/...nm_flmg_act_32)

I make a lot of videos and they're very time consuming. I usually get massively triggered with this stuff though trying to chill working with the guy i do (Andrew Bartzis) so i get a double whammy lol. There is a concept with all these (and many others in this section of the forum) called 'Soft Disclosure'. It is a way truth is covertly released as a layer or layers of actual truth in amongst the themes. That gets missed with all the filters. There is a tapping into the information / akashic records going on and being in a heighten, creative state is very conducive for the pattern recognition. You guys all have it down depending on how much you accept things as that possibility.

I highly recommend a series called Godless also release over a similar period. It is amazing. The best Cowboy 7hr movie i have ever seen. I was debating to put it in the original post or a separate post...as a bit off the theme here but do check it out...well worth it:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5516154/

Trailer doesn't do it justice

Have a powerful 2018 guys...

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alpha141 For This Post:

Hym (1st January 2018), Innocent Warrior (31st December 2017), Spiral (31st December 2017), Violet3 (31st December 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Happy new year, Alpha.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Alpha141 (1st January 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

You too Rachel... Your service over the time her for humanity and Earth i can assure you is known....so keep being you ok. As with all who hold the space here on a metaphorical front line over the years. There is a massive external observance off world...massive. Soul family, allies, holders of the quarantine (5830 species). I know for all those who have had alot of trouble and hardship to hold the (truth) line in human form...have build up a positive charge of potential in alignment with Mother Earth...She will be creating randomness / synchronicity benefits for it. That's what 'Eldership' earns. Key is accepting your worth it (all here) to complete the circuit. Don't doubt how much 'lack of self world' resides in the Conscious Explorers out there. 2018 will be a fantastic year.

Cheers all (apologies for that in here off topic...a nice bit hidden one though for all )

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alpha141 For This Post:

Hym (1st January 2018), Innocent Warrior (31st December 2017), Kryztian (31st December 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,482 times in 2,851 posts

I really like the series so far, almost done with the first season. I think the Teutonic character of the show is what makes it seem as if the people are underdeveloped, but that may be a bit more cultural than not. I give it 4.5 stars.

+ Reply to Thread