Thread: George Carlin | A compilation

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,994 times in 5,554 posts

Default George Carlin | A compilation

If 2018 is to you a new year then I wish you well. I wish you well anyway regardless of which day it purports to be. Really, it's just a continuation isn't it? A perpetual stream of moments, and in many ways it is remarkable.

I for one will continue to enjoy the year of the Red Chicken (Fire Rooster) and will welcome the Brown Dog (Earth Dog) which kicks off on Feb 16th.

In the meantime, in the spirit of keeping it entertaining here's some George Carlin - bless you xx

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Calz (4th January 2018), Cardillac (31st December 2017), ceetee9 (31st December 2017), drneglector (31st December 2017), Foxie Loxie (31st December 2017), genevieve (31st December 2017), guyres (31st December 2017), jjjones (31st December 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st January 2018), Mike (31st December 2017), Navigator (31st December 2017), petra (4th January 2018), pyrangello (31st December 2017), Satori (31st December 2017), Sir Eltor (31st December 2017), SR19 (31st December 2017), Valerie Villars (31st December 2017), Watching from Cyprus (1st January 2018), william r sanford72 (31st December 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: George Carlin | A compilation

I love George Carlin. His bit about America becoming a huge shopping mall reminded me of my own experience.

When I began to get too close to the truth, the police threatened my Mom and my sister with my incarceration, if they didn't get an order of protective custody against me. So, I got locked up in a mental institution for six days.

When I got out, I had to see a state psychiatrist. He asked me questions like "Do you like to go shopping?" I said no. He asked why not and I replied I didn't know, that I just didn't like it. So, I was pronounced bi-polar. And that ladies and gentlemen, is your psychiatric institution at work. It makes me laugh whenever I think about it.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Cardillac (31st December 2017), Foxie Loxie (31st December 2017), genevieve (31st December 2017), jjjones (31st December 2017), Matthew (31st December 2017), Mike (4th January 2018), petra (4th January 2018), Sir Eltor (31st December 2017), Tintin (1st January 2018), Watching from Cyprus (1st January 2018), william r sanford72 (31st December 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

George Carlin at his finest- but then come to think of it, when was George Carlin ever NOT at his finest!? :-)))

I think both he and Bill Hicks (both waaay ahead of their time) will go down in history as being sages (if the planet in the near future doesn't rid itself of us before the near future has the chance to become a "history")-

happy new year everyone!

Larry

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (31st December 2017), jjjones (31st December 2017), Mike (4th January 2018), Tintin (1st January 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,012 times in 2,113 posts

One of the best,many fond memories .

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Cardillac (1st January 2018), Foxie Loxie (31st December 2017), jjjones (31st December 2017), Tintin (1st January 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,994 times in 5,554 posts

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    George Carlin at his finest- but then come to think of it, when was George Carlin ever NOT at his finest!? :-)))

I think both he and Bill Hicks (both waaay ahead of their time) will go down in history as being sages (if the planet in the near future doesn't rid itself of us before the near future has the chance to become a "history")-

happy new year everyone!

Larry
    Absolutely Larry, when was he ever not, indeed They just don't seem to make comedians like they used to, do they.....

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Cardillac (1st January 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st January 2018), Valerie Villars (1st January 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Villival (here)
    I love George Carlin. His bit about America becoming a huge shopping mall reminded me of my own experience.

When I began to get too close to the truth, the police threatened my Mom and my sister with my incarceration, if they didn't get an order of protective custody against me. So, I got locked up in a mental institution for six days.

When I got out, I had to see a state psychiatrist. He asked me questions like "Do you like to go shopping?" I said no. He asked why not and I replied I didn't know, that I just didn't like it. So, I was pronounced bi-polar. And that ladies and gentlemen, is your psychiatric institution at work. It makes me laugh whenever I think about it.
    Oh Villival, you sum things up so sweetly I love you too, and also George Carlin! One of my favorite bits by him was about "Maybe the planet WANTS plastic!".... I died.

Lucky for me the psychologists never got a hold of me... I only had to deal with social workers. It's almost the same though really, they still psychologize you. Except in my case, they twisted the truth first and then psychologized the twisted version

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Mike (4th January 2018), Tintin (5th January 2018), Valerie Villars (8th January 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Petra, they do so love to make you doubt yourself. I have always been of the opinion, based on what I see going on in the world around me, that it was best just to trust myself and not listen to a bunch of insane know-it-alls. Who made them God?
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

+ Reply to Thread