United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,640 times in 10,592 posts

Default Re: Current Wikileaks and Assange News & Releases

What Is Happening to Assange Will Happen to the Rest of Us--Chris Hedges
    Truth Dig
    FEB 10, 2020
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-Epstein.html

"David Morales, the indicted owner of the Spanish private security firm Undercover Global, is being investigated by Spain’s high court for allegedly providing the CIA with audio and video recordings of the meetings WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange had with his attorneys and other visitors when the publisher was in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London. The security firm also reportedly photographed the passports of all of Assange’s visitors. It is accused of taking visitors’ phones, which were not permitted in the embassy, and opening them, presumably in an effort to intercept calls. It reportedly stole data from laptops, electronic tablets and USB sticks, all required to be left at the embassy reception area. It allegedly compiled detailed reports on all of Assange’s meetings and conversations with visitors. The firm even is said to have planned to steal the diaper of a baby — brought to visit Assange — to perform a DNA test to establish whether the infant was a secret son of Assange. UC Global, apparently at the behest of the CIA, also allegedly spied on Ecuadorian diplomats who worked in the Londonembassy.

The probe by the court, the Audiencia Nacional, into the activities of UC Global, along with leaked videos, statements, documents and reports published by the Spanish newspaper El País as well as the Italian newspaper La Repubblica, offers a window into the new global security state. Here the rule of law is irrelevant. Here privacy and attorney-client privilege do not exist. Here people live under 24-hour-a-day surveillance. Here all who attempt to expose the crimes of tyrannical power will be hunted down, kidnapped, imprisoned and broken. This global security state is a terrifying melding of the corporate and the public. And what it has done to Assange it will soon do to the rest of us.

The publication of classified documents is not yet a crime in the United States. If Assange is extradited and convicted, it will become one. Assange is not an American citizen. WikiLeaks, which he founded, is not a U.S.-based publication. The extradition of Assange would mean the end of journalistic investigations into the inner workings of power. It would cement into place a terrifying global, corporate tyranny under which borders, nationality andlaw mean nothing. Once such a legal precedent is set, any publication that publishes classified material, from The New York Times to an alternative website, will be prosecuted and silenced."
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (15th February 2020), Franny (15th February 2020), Ivanhoe (20th February 2020), Kryztian (13th February 2020), Pam (23rd February 2020), Philippe (16th February 2020), Tintin (14th February 2020)

3. Link to Post #122
    Thanks

Intellectual Tariq Ali speaks out on Assange's case & U.S. wars
    Feb 7, 2020
    acTVism Munich
    41.3K subscribers
    ✔ More videos coming on this topic. Subscribe here: https://goo.gl/aMkRjb

"In this speech given on the 4th of February 2020 in a public rally for Julian Assange at the Royal National Hotel in London, author, writer, filmmaker and public intellectual Tariq Ali speaks about the case of Julian Assange. Furthermore he contextualises Assange’s case by focusing on U.S. wars and points out the double standards observed when it comes to the application of international law. Ali closes the speech by surfacing the importance of collective action around the case of Julian Assange.

To read the transcript of this video: https://bit.ly/2OLuZQE "
    Each breath a gift...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (15th February 2020), Franny (15th February 2020), Pam (20th February 2020), Philippe (16th February 2020), Tintin (15th February 2020)

5. Link to Post #123
    Thanks

Julian Assange - Public Rally Event with Wikileaks, Nils Melzer, Tariq Ali and more
    acTVism Munich
    2/12/20

"In this video we publish the complete public rally event for Julian Assange that took place on the 4th of February 2020 at the Royal National Hotel in London. This event was organised by the "Don't Extradite Assange Campaign". Speakers in the video include by order:
    ► Tom Dawson: Executive Member of the National Union of Journalists of Britain & Ireland
    ► Kristinn Hrafnsonn: WikiLeaks Editor-in-Chief
    ► Jennifer Robinson: Human Rights Lawyer & Barrister in Assange's Legal Team
    ► Richard Burgon: British MP for the Labour Party
    ► Nils Melzer: UN Special Rapporteur on Torture
    ► John McDonnell: British MP for the Labour Party
    ► John Rees: Activist, Academic & Writer
    ► Tariq Ali: Public Intellectual, Author & Filmmaker
    ► Moderated by Deepa Govindarajan Driver: University Lecturer & Trade Unionist

List of interviews that we undertook after the event:
    ► Interview with Assange's Father:
    https://youtu.be/roiyDkNbOkc
    ► Interview with Nils Melzer:
    https://youtu.be/f9KRxF9oVxQ
    ► Report of Event:
    https://youtu.be/AqEz3y4cn0Y
    ► Abby Martin, Snowden, Chomsky, Jill Stein, Varoufakis, Horvat & Richter Respond:
    https://youtu.be/39IUOeQvaOw

Our interview with Edward Snowden: https://youtu.be/kTyvLpNpa9E "

Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (15th February 2020), Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Franny (15th February 2020), Pam (23rd February 2020), Tintin (15th February 2020)

7. Link to Post #124
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 43,878 times in 5,429 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Intellectual Tariq Ali speaks out on Assange's case & U.S. wars
    Feb 7, 2020
    acTVism Munich
    41.3K subscribers

"In this speech given on the 4th of February 2020 in a public rally for Julian Assange at the Royal National Hotel in London, author, writer, filmmaker and public intellectual Tariq Ali speaks about the case of Julian Assange. Furthermore he contextualises Assange’s case by focusing on U.S. wars and points out the double standards observed when it comes to the application of international law. Ali closes the speech by surfacing the importance of collective action around the case of Julian Assange.

To read the transcript of this video: https://bit.ly/2OLuZQE "
    [you tube]h_KPqLHAGuE[/you tube]
    Brilliant truth teller.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (15th February 2020), Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Franny (15th February 2020), onawah (15th February 2020), Tintin (15th February 2020)

9. Link to Post #125
    Thanks

MPs ramp up Assange freedom campaign
    Feb 12, 2020
    Sky News Australia
    197K subscribers

"Two federal MPs are taking their fight to free Julian Assange to the United Kingdom.

Independent Andrew Wilkie and Liberal George Christensen will jet to London at their own expense to visit the Wikileaks founder at Belmarsh Prison.

The 'Bring Julian Assange Home Parliamentary Group' co-chairs will also meet British parliamentarians and officials to discuss the matter.

The 48-year-old is due to face an extradition trial later this month over US charges including 17 counts of spying and one count of conspiracy to commit computer intrusion.

Independent MP Andrew Wilkie told Sky News on Thursday "we want to check on Julian Assange's welfare and health and the circumstances of his incarceration".

"I personally want to assure Mr Assange that there are a lot of people very concerned at the injustice he face," he said.

Mr Wilkie said the Australian government was doing very little to help Mr Assange, and "I think a lot of people are very disappointed".

"At the end of the day, Julian Assange is an Australian citizen and you'd think the Australian government would be very concerned," he said."

Each breath a gift...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (17th February 2020), Franny (17th February 2020), Pam (23rd February 2020), Tintin (20th February 2020)

11. Link to Post #126
    Thanks

Max Blumenthal on the imperial NGOs that ignore Julian Assange - and the billionaires behind them
    Feb 16, 2020
    The Grayzone

"The Grayzone editor Max Blumenthal speaks about the witch hunt against WikiLeaks publisher and political prisoner Julian Assange, and how billionaire-funded "human rights" and "press freedom" non-profit organizations have refused to support him.

This talk was hosted by the Courage Foundation in New York City on February 15, 2020. "

||| The Grayzone |||

Find more reporting at https://thegrayzone.com
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (17th February 2020), earthdreamer (21st February 2020), Franny (18th February 2020), Pam (23rd February 2020), Tintin (20th February 2020)

13. Link to Post #127
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

It looks like Australia might finally intervene in the situation with Julian Assange. It’s interesting to note that George Christensen is one of our most conservative politicians here in Australia and the Liberal Party has been absolutely against any intervention on behalf of Julian. A, so excited to hear this news.

From the article attached: “Christensen described Assange as "disorientated", "dehumanised" and "depersonalised" and urged British Prime Minister Boris Johnson to step in to prevent a hearing next week that could pave the way for the Wikileaks figure to be sent to the United States to face serious charges.
    Both MPs said they had no cause to disagree with an assessment by the United Nations special rapporteur on torture, Nils Melzer, that Assange had been the victim of psychological torture. The UK has defended its handling of the case and the conditions of his imprisonment.
    "I walk out of Belmarsh in absolutely no doubt that he has become a political prisoner in this country and that the US is determined to extradite him to get even," Wilkie said.
    "There was no espionage. There was no hacking. It was just a person doing the right thing and publishing important information in the public interest and frankly it is an international scandal that he is locked up in there in those conditions as a political prisoner."
    "There's information that I now know, that will be known next week, that will probably make people sit up straight and worry about this a hell of a lot.
    "I think that now is a time that the government that I'm part of needs to be standing up and saying to both the UK and the US: 'enough is enough, leave our bloke alone and let him come home'."

https://apple.news/A7BDKL-eTQxKDbcoFYpxurw

I wonder what the new information could be?

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Justjane For This Post:

Arcturian108 (24th February 2020), Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (19th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (19th February 2020), earthdreamer (21st February 2020), Franny (24th February 2020), Ivanhoe (20th February 2020), Kryztian (23rd February 2020), onawah (19th February 2020), Pam (20th February 2020), Philippe (19th February 2020), Tintin (20th February 2020)

15. Link to Post #128
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,513 times in 1,750 posts

And here's another interesting piece of news:

Link: https://www.rohrabacher.com/news

My Meeting with Julian Assange
    2/19/2020 from Dana Rohrabacher

​There is a lot of misinformation floating out there regarding my meeting with Julian Assange so let me provide some clarity on the matter:

At no time did I talk to President Trump about Julian Assange. Likewise, I was not directed by Trump or anyone else connected with him to meet with Julian Assange. I was on my own fact finding mission at personal expense to find out information I thought was important to our country. I was shocked to find out that no other member of Congress had taken the time in their official or unofficial capacity to interview Julian Assange.

At no time did I offer Julian Assange anything from the President because I had not spoken with the President about this issue at all. However, when speaking with Julian Assange, I told him that if he could provide me information and evidence about who actually gave him the DNC emails, I would then call on President Trump to pardon him. At no time did I offer a deal made by the President, nor did I say I was representing the President.

Upon my return, I spoke briefly with Gen. Kelly. I told him that Julian Assange would provide information about the purloined DNC emails in exchange for a pardon. No one followed up with me including Gen. Kelly and that was the last discussion I had on this subject with anyone representing Trump or in his Administration.

Even though I wasn't successful in getting this message through to the President I still call on him to pardon Julian Assange, who is the true whistleblower of our time. Finally, we are all holding our breath waiting for an honest investigation into the murder of Seth Rich.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Arcturian108 (24th February 2020), Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (20th February 2020), Franny (24th February 2020), Ivanhoe (20th February 2020), Kryztian (23rd February 2020), onawah (20th February 2020), Pam (23rd February 2020), T Smith (20th February 2020)

17. Link to Post #129
    Thanks

"That Assange has been right all along, and getting him to Sweden was a fraud to cover an American plan to "render" him, is finally becoming clear to many who swallowed the incessant scuttlebutt of character assassination.
    "I speak fluent Swedish and was able to read all the original documents," Nils Melzer, the United Nations Rapporteur on Torture, said recently, "I could hardly believe my eyes. According to the testimony of the woman in question, a rape had never taken place at all. And not only that: the woman's testimony was later changed by the Stockholm Police without her involvement in order to somehow make it sound like a possible rape. I have all the documents in my possession, the emails, the text messages.""
    ------------------------------------

JULIAN ASSANGE MUST BE FREED, NOT BETRAYED
    18 February 2020

John Pilger
    Source: http://johnpilger.com/articles/julia...d-not-betrayed

Click image for larger version

Name:	Banksy_Free_Assange.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	42534

On Saturday, there will be a march from Australia House in London to Parliament Square, the centre of British democracy. People will carry pictures of the Australian publisher and journalist Julian Assange who, on 24 February, faces a court that will decide whether or not he is to be extradited to the United States and a living death.

I know Australia House well. As an Australian myself, I used to go there in my early days in London to read the newspapers from home. Opened by King George V over a century ago, its vastness of marble and stone, chandeliers and solemn portraits, imported from Australia when Australian soldiers were dying in the slaughter of the First World War, have ensured its landmark as an imperial pile of monumental servility.

As one of the oldest "diplomatic missions" in the United Kingdom, this relic of empire provides a pleasurable sinecure for Antipodean politicians: a "mate" rewarded or a troublemaker exiled.

Known as High Commissioner, the equivalent of an ambassador, the current beneficiary is George Brandis, who as Attorney General tried to water down Australia's Race Discrimination Act and approved raids on whistleblowers who had revealed the truth about Australia's illegal spying on East Timor during negotiations for the carve-up of that impoverished country's oil and gas.

This led to the prosecution of whistleblowers Bernard Collaery and "Witness K", on bogus charges. Like Julian Assange, they are to be silenced in a Kafkaesque trial and put away.

Australia House is the ideal starting point for Saturday's march.

"I confess," wrote Lord Curzon, Viceroy of India, in 1898, "that countries are pieces on a chessboard upon which is being played out a great game for the domination of the world.""

We Australians have been in the service of the Great Game for a very long time. Having devastated our Indigenous people in an invasion and a war of attrition that continues to this day, we have spilt blood for our imperial masters in China, Africa, Russia, the Middle East, Europe and Asia. No imperial adventure against those with whom we have no quarrel has escaped our dedication.

Deception has been a feature. When Prime Minister Robert Menzies sent Australian soldiers to Vietnam in the 1960s, he described them as a training team, requested by a beleaguered government in Saigon. It was a lie. A senior official of the Department of External Affairs wrote secretly that "although we have stressed the fact publicly that our assistance was given in response to an invitation by the government of South Vietnam", the order came from Washington.

Two versions. The lie for us, the truth for them. As many as four million people died in the Vietnam war.

When Indonesia invaded East Timor in 1975, the Australian Ambassador, Richard Woolcott, secretly urged the government in Canberra to "act in a way which would be designed to minimise the public impact in Australia and show private understanding to Indonesia." In other words, to lie. He alluded to the beckoning spoils of oil and gas in the Timor Sea which, boasted Foreign Minister Gareth Evans, were worth "zillions".

In the genocide that followed, at least 200,000 East Timorese died. Australia recognised, almost alone, the legitimacy of the occupation.

When Prime Minister John Howard sent Australian special forces to invade Iraq with America and Britain in 2003, he - like George W. Bush and Tony Blair - lied that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. More than a million people died in Iraq.

WikiLeaks was not the first to call out the pattern of criminal lying in democracies that remain every bit as rapacious as in Lord Curzon's day. The achievement of the remarkable publishing organisation founded by Julian Assange has been to provide the proof.

WikiLeaks has informed us how illegal wars are fabricated, how governments are overthrown and violence is used in our name, how we are spied upon through our phones and screens. The true lies of presidents, ambassadors, political candidates, generals, proxies, political fraudsters have been exposed. One by one, these would-be emperors have realised they have no clothes.

It has been an unprecedented public service; above all, it is authentic journalism, whose value can be judged by the degree of apoplexy of the corrupt and their apologists.

For example, in 2016, WikiLeaks published the leaked emails of Hillary Clinton's campaign manager John Podesta, which revealed a direct connection between Clinton, the foundation she shares with her husband and the funding of organised jihadism in the Middle East - terrorism.

One email disclosed that Islamic State (ISIS) was bankrolled by the governments of Saudi Arabia and Qatar, from which Clinton accepted huge "donations". Moreover, as US Secretary of State, she approved the world's biggest ever arms sale to her Saudi benefactors, worth more than $80 billion. Thanks to her, US arms sales to the world - for use in stricken countries like Yemen - doubled.

Revealed by WikiLeaks and published in The New York Times, the Podesta emails triggered a vituperative campaign against editor-in-chief Julian Assange, bereft of evidence. He was an "agent of Russia working to elect Trump"; the nonsensical "Russiagate" followed. That WikiLeaks had also published more than 800,000 frequently damning documents from Russia was ignored.

On an Australian Broadcasting Corporation programme, Four Corners, in 2017, Clinton was interviewed by Sarah Ferguson, who began: "No one could fail to be moved by the pain on your face at [the moment of Donald Trump's inauguration] ... Do you remember how visceral it was for you?"

Having established Clinton's visceral suffering, the fawning Ferguson described "Russia's role" and the "damage done personally to you" by Julian Assange.

Clinton replied, "He [Assange] is very clearly a tool of Russian intelligence. And he has done their bidding."

Ferguson said to Clinton, "Lots of people, including in Australia, think that Assange is a martyr of free speech and freedom of information. How would you describe him?"

Again, Clinton was allowed to defame Assange - a "nihilist" in the service of "dictators" - while Ferguson assured her interviewee she was "the icon of your generation".

There was no mention of a leaked document, revealed by WikiLeaks, called Libya Tick Tock, prepared for Hillary Clinton, which described her as the central figure driving the destruction of the Libyan state in 2011. This resulted in 40,000 deaths, the arrival of ISIS in North Africa and the European refugee and migrant crisis.

For me, this episode of Clinton's interview - and there are many others - vividly illustrates the division between false and true journalism. On 24 February, when Julian Assange steps into Woolwich Crown Court, true journalism will be the only crime on trial.

I am sometimes asked why I have championed Assange. For one thing, I like and I admire him. He is a friend with astonishing courage; and he has a finely honed, wicked sense of humour. He is the diametric opposite of the character invented then assassinated by his enemies.

As a reporter in places of upheaval all over the world, I have learned to compare the evidence I have witnessed with the words and actions of those with power. In this way, it is possible to get a sense of how our world is controlled and divided and manipulated, how language and debate are distorted to produce the propaganda of false consciousness.

When we speak about dictatorships, we call this brainwashing: the conquest of minds. It is a truth we rarely apply to our own societies, regardless of the trail of blood that leads back to us and which never dries.

WikiLeaks has exposed this. That is why Assange is in a maximum security prison in London facing concocted political charges in America, and why he has shamed so many of those paid to keep the record straight. Watch these journalists now look for cover as it dawns on them that the American fascists who have come for Assange may come for them, not least those on the Guardian who collaborated with WikiLeaks and won prizes and secured lucrative book and Hollywood deals based on his work, before turning on him.

In 2011, David Leigh, the Guardian's "investigations editor", told journalism students at City University in London that Assange was "quite deranged". When a puzzled student asked why, Leigh replied, "Because he doesn't understand the parameters of conventional journalism".

But it's precisely because he did understand that the "parameters" of the media often shielded vested and political interests and had nothing to do with transparency that the idea of WikiLeaks was so appealing to many people, especially the young, rightly cynical about the so-called "mainstream".

Leigh mocked the very idea that, once extradited, Assange would end up "wearing an orange jumpsuit". These were things, he said, "that he and his lawyer are saying in order to feed his paranoia".

The current US charges against Assange centre on the Afghan Logs and Iraq Logs, which the Guardian published and Leigh worked on, and on the Collateral Murder video showing an American helicopter crew gunning down civilians and celebrating the crime. For this journalism, Assange faces 17 charges of "espionage" which carry prison sentences totalling 175 years.

Whether or not his prison uniform will be an "orange jumpsuit", US court files seen by Assange's lawyers reveal that, once extradited, Assange will be subject to Special Administrative Measures, known as SAMS. A 2017 report by Yale University Law School and the Center for Constitutional Rights described SAMS as "the darkest corner of the US federal prison system" combining "the brutality and isolation of maximum security units with additional restrictions that deny individuals almost any connection to the human world ... The net effect is to shield this form of torture from any real public scrutiny."

That Assange has been right all along, and getting him to Sweden was a fraud to cover an American plan to "render" him, is finally becoming clear to many who swallowed the incessant scuttlebutt of character assassination. "I speak fluent Swedish and was able to read all the original documents," Nils Melzer, the United Nations Rapporteur on Torture, said recently, "I could hardly believe my eyes. According to the testimony of the woman in question, a rape had never taken place at all. And not only that: the woman's testimony was later changed by the Stockholm Police without her involvement in order to somehow make it sound like a possible rape. I have all the documents in my possession, the emails, the text messages."

Keir Starmer is currently running for election as leader of the Labour Party in Britain. Between 2008 and 2013, he was Director of Public Prosecutions and responsible for the Crown Prosecution Service. According to Freedom of Information searches by the Italian journalist Stefania Maurizi, Sweden tried to drop the Assange case in 2011, but a CPS official in London told the Swedish prosecutor not to treat it as "just another extradition".

In 2012, she received an email from the CPS: "Don't you dare get cold feet!!!" Other CPS emails were either deleted or redacted. Why? Keir Starmer needs to say why.

At the forefront of Saturday's march will be John Shipton, Julian's father, whose indefatigable support for his son is the antithesis of the collusion and cruelty of the governments of Australia, our homeland.

The roll call of shame begins with Julia Gillard, the Australian Labor prime minister who, in 2010, wanted to criminalise WikiLeaks, arrest Assange and cancel his passport - until the Australian Federal Police pointed out that no law allowed this and that Assange had committed no crime.

While falsely claiming to give him consular assistance in London, it was the Gillard government's shocking abandonment of its citizen that led to Ecuador granting political asylum to Assange in its London embassy.

In a subsequent speech before the US Congress, Gillard, a favourite of the US embassy in Canberra, broke records for sycophancy (according to the website Honest History) as she declared, over and again, the fidelity of America's "mates Down Under".

Today, while Assange waits in his cell, Gillard travels the world, promoting herself as a feminist concerned about "human rights", often in tandem with that other right-on feminist Hillary Clinton.

The truth is that Australia could have rescued Julian Assange and can still rescue him.

In 2010, I arranged to meet a prominent Liberal (Conservative) Member of Parliament, Malcolm Turnbull. As a young barrister in the 1980s, Turnbull had successfully fought the British Government's attempts to prevent the publication of the book, Spycatcher, whose author Peter Wright, a spy, had exposed Britain's "deep state".

We talked about his famous victory for free speech and publishing and I described the miscarriage of justice awaiting Assange - the fraud of his arrest in Sweden and its connection with an American indictment that tore up the US Constitution and the rule of international law.

Turnbull appeared to show genuine interest and an aide took extensive notes. I asked him to deliver a letter to the Australian government from Gareth Peirce, the renowned British human rights lawyer who represents Assange.

In the letter, Peirce wrote, "Given the extent of the public discussion, frequently on the basis of entirely false assumptions... it is very hard to attempt to preserve for [Julian Assange] any presumption of innocence. Mr. Assange has now hanging over him not one but two Damocles swords, of potential extradition to two different jurisdictions in turn for two different alleged crimes, neither of which are crimes in his own country, and that his personal safety has become at risk in circumstances that are highly politically charged."

Turnbull promised to deliver the letter, follow it through and let me know. I subsequently wrote to him several times, waited and heard nothing.

In 2018, John Shipton wrote a deeply moving letter to the then prime minister of Australia asking him to exercise the diplomatic power at his government's disposal and bring Julian home. He wrote that he feared that if Julian was not rescued, there would be a tragedy and his son would die in prison. He received no reply. The prime minister was Malcolm Turnbull.

Last year, when the current prime minister, Scott Morrison, a former public relations man, was asked about Assange, he replied in his customary way, "He should face the music!"

When Saturday's march reaches the Houses of Parliament, said to be "the Mother of Parliaments", Morrison and Gillard and Turnbull and all those who have betrayed Julian Assange should be called out; history and decency will not forget them or those who remain silent now.

And if there is any sense of justice left in the land of Magna Carta, the travesty that is the case against this heroic Australian must be thrown out. Or beware, all of us.

http://johnpilger.com/
    @johnpilger

Last edited by Tintin; 20th February 2020 at 13:05.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Arcturian108 (24th February 2020), Ba-ba-Ra (20th February 2020), Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Billy (20th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (20th February 2020), earthdreamer (21st February 2020), Franny (24th February 2020), Innocent Warrior (28th February 2020), onawah (20th February 2020), Pam (23rd February 2020)

19. Link to Post #130
    Thanks

Julian Assange "Stop Extradition Protest" in London with Varoufakis, Vivienne Westwood & more!
    Feb 22, 2020
    acTVism Munich
    41.8K subscribers

"In this video we document the protest that took place in London on the 22nd of February 2020 to stop the extradition of Julian Assange. This protest was organised by the "Don't Extradite Assange Campaign" .

CORRECTION IN VIDEO AT 00:14: " ... and 1 count of conspiracy "to commit computer intrusion”."

To view more videos on this topics:
    ► Julian Assange - Public Rally Event:
    https://youtu.be/QahCPwrZfJY
    ► Interview with Assange's Father:
    https://youtu.be/roiyDkNbOkc
    ► Interview with Nils Melzer:
    https://youtu.be/f9KRxF9oVxQ
    ► Report of the 4th of February public rally
    https://youtu.be/AqEz3y4cn0Y
    ► Abby Martin, Snowden, Chomsky, Jill Stein, Varoufakis, Horvat & Richter Respond: https://youtu.be/39IUOeQvaOw

FOLLOW US ONLINE:
    ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/acTVism/
    ► Instagram: actv_munich
    ► Website: http://www.actvism.org/
    ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/acTVismMunich
    ► YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/acTVismMunich/

Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Arcturian108 (24th February 2020), Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Franny (24th February 2020), Pam (23rd February 2020), Tintin (24th February 2020)

21. Link to Post #131
    Thanks

Assange most important symbol of press freedom today – journalist
    Feb 22, 2020
    RT America
    1.07M subscribers

"WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has been detained in London’s Belmarsh Prison for almost a year now, but is about to face a month-long hearing next week which will decide whether he can be extradited to the US. He faces up to 175 years in prison and 18 counts under the Espionage Act. Editor-in-chief of Consortium News Joe Lauria breaks it all down. "

Each breath a gift...

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Franny (24th February 2020), Kryztian (23rd February 2020), Pam (23rd February 2020), Tintin (24th February 2020)

23. Link to Post #132
    Thanks

Roger Waters: Washington DC Have Decided They Want Julian Assange Killed
    Going Underground on RT
    Feb 22, 2020

"On this episode of Going Underground, Going Underground's Social Media Producer Farhaan Ahmed speaks to Richard Burgon MP who is standing to be Deputy Leader of the Labour Party. He discusses the importance of Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange's leaks, what his extradition could mean for press freedom in the UK and around the world and why his extradition should be halted. Next, legendary former Pink Floyd frontman Roger Waters speaks to Afshin Rattansi about the persecution of Julian Assange, ahead of Julian's upcoming extradition trial. He discusses why he believes Washington DC is seeking to imprison Julian Assange for 175 years, the importance of his leaks for billions around the world, the Washington-backed regime change attempt in Venezuela and coup in Bolivia and more! Finally, Farhaan Ahmed speaks to BAFTA Award-Winning actor Steve Coogan and BAFTA Award-Winning Director Michael Winterbottom about their new film 'Greed', a comedy highlighting billionaire excess and the gap between the super-rich and the super-poor."

Each breath a gift...

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Pam (23rd February 2020), Tintin (24th February 2020)

25. Link to Post #133
    Thanks

Very puzzling development-- a move on the part of Assange's defense team which could prove disastrous ??
    Assange Rorabacher final
    Feb 23, 2020
    The Duran

Last edited by onawah; 23rd February 2020 at 20:16.
    Each breath a gift...

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Arcturian108 (24th February 2020), Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Franny (24th February 2020), Sammy (23rd February 2020), Tintin (24th February 2020)

27. Link to Post #134
    United States Avalon Member Sammy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,466 times in 5,154 posts

I would like to see the specific statements made by the Assange attorney to the UK court. Why? Because all the news organizations reporting on this only summarize in their own words what was supposedly conveyed to the court.

As those on this forum (and those who can read these parts of the forum) know... there is reason to believe the e-mails came via copy to a flash drive (see Bill Binney) and extracted by Seth Rich (a big Bernie Sanders supported who, some speculate, was angry as to what the DNC was doing to cheat Sanders out of the nomination). Then there is the individual (I cannot locate his name at the moment) that played a role as currier whose "in hiding?"

A wild conspiracy theory for sure. Yet why was the investigator who brought this theory out to the public on FOX News at that time so quickly squashed?

And check this out... I am certain there are all sorts of links on the internet that explore this alternative theory, yet when typing in "who got the DNC emails to assange?" on Google, you can't find a single one in the first 3 pages and only a few articles questioning the "established theory - Russia did it" on the next few? We know how Google works and we know how they scrub matters such as this. Why go to the truouble when its just some whacky conspiracy theory?

So I would think the exact words provided by the attorney to the UK court are made public because if they are not, I would not be surprised the actual words were used as a basis to spin them as the media has done. That seems like the odds on likelihood in my most humble (and often wrong) opinion.

Add one more thought... why is Australia working so hard to keep Assange from being extradited? Assange has so far shown resolute principle with regards to protecting sources. I think Assange would die, or worse, spend the rest of his life in the solitary cell formerly occupied by Manafort to maintain protecting his sources. But this allows Assange to do one thing, that which he did clearly before, in the interview with Sean Hannity - deny it was Russia.

Note: Early on Wikileaks offered the $20,000 reward for Seth Rich's killer. August of 2016. No one thought Trump would win. What are the chances Trump (through some emissary) could have approached some high up (trusted) Wikileaks official to put that out there just in case Trump wins? And along with that, offer a pardon if he does?

The desperation on the deep state, ET AL. to do everything they can, once again, to curtail as much as possible, the power Trump and the election results (the Senate being "key" but if the House also... huge!) would wield if/when he wins in November... and this is obvious. The public sees the scam. The public sees all the stakeholders in the scam and why they do what they do.

So before all the speculations as to "the apparent dumb risk" taken by the Assange legal team is solidified, I think its important to know exactly, word for word, what Assange's attroney told the UK court.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sammy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), onawah (23rd February 2020), Tintin (24th February 2020)

29. Link to Post #135
    Thanks

Agreed! It probably won't take long.
    Quote Posted by Sammy (here)
    I would like to see the specific statements made by the Assange attorney to the UK court. Why? Because all the news organizations reporting on this only summarize in their own words what was supposedly conveyed to the court.

So before all the speculations as to "the apparent dumb risk" taken by the Assange legal team is solidified, I think its important to know exactly, word for word, what Assange's attroney told the UK court.
    Each breath a gift...

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Sammy (23rd February 2020), Tintin (24th February 2020)

31. Link to Post #136
    Thanks

Julian Assange - Belmarsh Prison visit by Yanis Varoufakis
    Feb 23, 2020
    acTVism Munich

"In this video we travel to the Belmarsh prison and talk to Yanis Varoufakis to gains insights on the condition of Julian Assange. Yanis Varoufakis visited Julian Assange with John Shipton (father of Assange) earlier on the same day (23rd of February, 2020)."

Each breath a gift...

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2020), Franny (10th March 2020), Innocent Warrior (25th February 2020), Tintin (25th February 2020)

33. Link to Post #137
    Thanks

It appears Patrick Henningsen from 21st Century Wire may perhaps have been able to secure one of the fourteen (yes, you read that right, fourteen ) public seats available in the (kangaroo) court inside Belmarsh prison (?) I know Craig Murray was hoping to get a ringside seat as well.

Here's Patrick's latest news which seems to be coming pretty hot-off-the-press:

From Craig:

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2020), Franny (10th March 2020), Innocent Warrior (25th February 2020), onawah (24th February 2020)

35. Link to Post #138
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 43,878 times in 5,429 posts

Consortium News is in London to cover the formal extradition process of WikiLeaks publisher Julian Assange and will provide updates today and throughout the week.
    6:45 pm London time: WikiLeaks tweets that the defense will present its case “in earnest” on Tuesday at Woolwich Crown Court. Consortium News will continue its Live Updates Tuesday unless it gets a place inside the courtroom, in which case we will present a full report at the end of the day.
    Defense begins in earnest Tomorrow https://t.co/fgq8D0zptr
    — WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) February 24, 2020
    Assange’s lawyer tells court prosecution cares little for justice and is politically motivated. Says extradition should be barred because of prosecutions’ “political motives.” Judge is told that Assange will not likely give testimony during this opening week of the hearing.
    Julian Assange's lawyer Edward Fitzgerald QC: "Prosecution is not motivated by genuine concern for criminal justice but by politics.
    "This extradition should be barred because the prosecution is being pursued for political motives and not in good faith."
    — Tristan Kirk (@kirkkorner) February 24, 2020
    He says Assange would face "inhuman and degrading treatment" and attacks Pres. Trump: "(He) came into power with a new approach for freedom of the press… amounting effectively to declaring war on investigative journalists."
    Mr Fitzgerald restates the claim that Assange was offered a pardon through a Trump intermediary, and says Assange will dispute the 'misleading' claim that WikiLeaks published unredacted cables.
    Judge told it is 'very unlikely' that Julian Assange will give evidence during the extradition hearing.
    3:10 pm London time: U.S. lawyer in court is trying to turn normal journalistic practice into a crime by confusing Assange’s attempts to help Chelsea Manning (who had top secret clearance and legal access to the documents she leaked) hide her identity by logging in as an administrator, not to help her hack the material, which she didn’t need to do. The two indictments against Assange make it perfectly clear that that is what happened and that Assange was not engaged in hacking.
    Nearing the end of his #Assange opening, US lawyer mentions phone hacking by the News of the World: "There's no licence to commit a criminal offence simply because you say it's for a journalistic purpose. There is no public interest defence under the Computer Misuse Act".
    2:55 pm London time: The hundreds of people demonstrating outside Woolwich Crown Court are making so much noise that it is making it difficult to hear inside the courtroom. Even Assange said so.
    Julian Assange has told the court he is "having difficulty concentrating – this noise is not helpful".
    He wants the demo to stop disrupting the court proceedings.
    "I'm very appreciative of the public support, I understand they must be disgusted", #Assange said. https://t.co/MJ6WIfrctW
    2:50 pm London time: WikiLeaks Editor-in-Chief Kristinn Hrafnsson has left the courthouse and addressed the media. He asked why the court was discussing the alleged harm done by the releases on Afghanistan and Iraq in 2010 and not the war crimes that those documents revealed. “That is what we should be talking about in a courtroom in this country.
    Breaking: @khrafnsson leaves courtroom and asks "why aren't we here talking in court about the war crimes, the assassination of innocent civilians?" #assange@TheCanaryUK pic.twitter.com/zXCRjqq5db
    — John McEvoy (@jmcevoy_2) February 24, 2020
    12:08 pm London time: Julian Assange’s father, John Shipton, spoke with the press outside the courthouse during a break and denounced the prosecutors’ allegation that Assange had endangered the lives of U.S. informants:
    “The essential part of the argument of the prosectors’ case is that WikiLeaks publications endangered sources. This is simply not true. The Pentagon admitted, under oath, in Chelsea Manning’s trial that nobody had been hurt by the releases.
    Robert Gates, ex-secretary of defense, in testimony before Congress said it’s awkward, it’s embarrassing, but no damage was done. I’ll note that the prosecutor didn’t give one example of a broken fingernail. He just said sources were endangered. Well it’s simply not true.”
    Longtime Assange associate, Joseph Farrell, also spoke to the press:
    Breaking: WikiLeaks spokesperson Joseph Farrell at the recess says the prosecution has proposed a "flat contradiction and a repeat of the Manning trial" pic.twitter.com/S2cS1k0XWj
    — John McEvoy (@jmcevoy_2) February 24, 2020
    11:45 am London time: The formal hearing to determine whether Julian Assange will be extradited to the United States to stand trial on 17 counts of the Espionage Act has begun in London on Monday morning. Assange’s lawyers arrived at Woolwich Crown Court with stacks of evidence that will presented during the first week of the hearing, which will resume in May.
    Julian Assange's legal team bringing in the evidence #Assange #AssangeCase #WikiLeaks @AAPNewswire pic.twitter.com/gF1OCETBQh
    — Marty Silk (@MartySilkHack) February 24, 2020
    Yellow Vests, who’ve traveled to London from Paris to protest outside the courthouse, present a vest to John Shipton to give to his son Julian Assange.
    #GiletsJaunes who have travelled from #Paris give a yellow vest to Julian #Assange. Presenting it to his father before the extradition hearing in #London begins. #FreeAssange#DontExtraditeAssange
    pic.twitter.com/0BVhcH7bu8
    — nonouzi (@Gerrrty) February 24, 2020
    U.S. prosecutors began by arguing that Assange is not a journalist and that he risked the lives of U.S. informants.
    BREAKING: UK/US GOVERNMENT CLAIM ASSANGE IS BEING PURSUED FOR RISKING OR PUBLISHING NAMES OF SOURCES PUTTING THEM AT RISK. "#JULIANASSANGE IS NO JOURNALIST" HE'S NOT CHARGED WITH PUBLISHING EMBARRISING OR AWKWARD INFO@SputnikInt pic.twitter.com/9Qgt8DYPEu
    — M. A. E. (@MElmaazi) February 24, 2020
    Revealing the names of U.S. informants is not a crime and is not listed on Assange’s indictment as a statute U.S. prosecutors are alleging Assange has violated. After more than ten years, there is absolutely no evidence that any informant’s life was harmed by WikiLeaks revelations, said WikiLeaks Editor-in-Chief Kristinn Hrafnsson at a press conference on Wednesday.

Tags: John Shipton Joseph Farrell Julian Assange Kristinn Hrafnsson

(this was all copy/pasted from Consortium News: https://consortiumnews.com/2020/02/2...ition-hearing/)

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2020), Franny (25th February 2020), Innocent Warrior (25th February 2020), onawah (25th February 2020), Tintin (25th February 2020)

37. Link to Post #139
    Thanks

I'm having the same problem--nothing of the text is visible. I'm using Chrome, but I don't Tweet.
    Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Quote Posted by Tintin (here)
    Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Do we need to have a twitter account to see posts with "tweet" tags? I don't see anything. Thanks, Tintin.
    That's a good question Dennis. And I'm stumped, to be honest. Do you mean you can't access Twitter content via the embedded tweets? (Click within the embeds and that should allow you to go to Twitter). No, you shouldn't need a Twitter account to be able to see that content.

Probably best we tease this out offline.
    If I quote your post, I can see the tweet tags and the numbers between the tags. But here on the forum, nothing shows up at all (as shown on my post including your quote.) I'm using Firefox latest browser.
    Each breath a gift...

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (25th February 2020), Franny (10th March 2020), Innocent Warrior (25th February 2020), Tintin (25th February 2020)

39. Link to Post #140
    Thanks

Julian Assange Will Face a Show Trial in the United States!- UN Torture Rapporteur Nils Melzer
    Feb 24, 2020
    Going Underground on RT

"We speak to the UN’s Special Rapporteur on Torture Nils Melzer about the persecution of Julian Assange. He discusses the threat Assange’s persecution poses to press freedom, why mainstream media are starting to slowly support the Wikileaks founder, the allegations Julian Assange faced in Sweden, governments not cooperating with him despite his UN mandate and more!"
    Each breath a gift...

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (25th February 2020), Deux Corbeaux (25th February 2020), Franny (10th March 2020), Innocent Warrior (25th February 2020), Tintin (25th February 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 7 10 LastLast