+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 5 15 31 LastLast

Thread: Current Wikileaks and Assange News & Releases

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: Current Wikileaks and Assange News & Releases

I noticed the Scientology but didn't delve.

There were more than a few on Initiation of various fraternities. I did look into that. What was interesting is that the actual "rites" were blurred. Just seemed strange to me, as "leak". I mean that most of us are aware of that stuff anyway. Why is that a leak, if you've delved into the world in the last 20 years?

To me, it's par for the course.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Tintin (16th April 2019)

3. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,086 times in 20,639 posts

Is there anything more recent than 1984, or is that not actually the date of the leaks? (As in reference to the Orwell book?)
    Each breath a gift...

4. Link to Post #83
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Folks: Rachel in post # 74 gave the correct appraisal (Tweet) of the click bait articles (I fell for it too):

Quote WikiLeaks @wikileaks

Note: file.wikileaks.org is not a release, insurance dump, or response to Assange’s arrest. It is the page where published documents are available for bulk download so that people can create mirrors, access publications offline, or use the raw data. It has existed for years.
    7:51 PM · Apr 13, 2019 · TweetDeck

2.2K Retweets
    3.6K Likes

Partisangirl @Partisangirl
    23h
    Replying to @wikileaks
    When is the insurance dump

just_in_case @JustinCase0912
    23h

The insurance files are available as a torrent files. Huge files. What no one has, is the encryption key to open the insurance files.

Blackzeus @UltraRonin
    18h

Where is the file to download it?

just_in_case @JustinCase0912
    11h

I won't post the actual links....but this should do. There is no key and they can't be opened, but.... I would suggest using a VPN before accessing the files and download to an external drive.

I would strongly suggest to some posters to, at least, get acquainted with the thread they are posting in and, for some others, to be aware of what has already been posted in some other related threads before starting their own threads... which then need to be merged... adding to the confusions.
    Last edited by Hervé; 14th April 2019 at 23:35.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th April 2019), BMJ (16th April 2019), Chip (15th April 2019), mab777 (26th April 2019), mountain_jim (15th April 2019), onawah (15th April 2019), Philippe (16th April 2019), Satori (15th April 2019), Tintin (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (15th April 2019)

6. Link to Post #84
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

I set up Internet Download Manager to download every item/file/link on the page approx 4 hrs ago; it has just stopped at exactly 1984 items, (amazing coincidence!), 21.1 GB, (and yes, some of the documents included are quite recent, only a few weeks old).

(click to enlarge)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wikileaks 1984.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	40441
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 15th April 2019 at 05:16.

7. Link to Post #85
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

I don’t know how I managed to overlook this one, but is this letter legit? Its strangely worded and seems a bit indiscreet were it written by an investment fund/bank.

https://file.wikileaks.org/file/angela-merkel.pdf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	6BAF06E6-D022-4955-B6A0-669315674F28.png
Views:	170
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	40449  

8. Link to Post #86
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

From Medium - Bill Binney States that the NSA Has 32 Pages of Communications Between Seth Rich and Julian Assange, As Revealed by a FOIA Request (April 20)

Recommended watch: Ed Butowsky’s short interview with Binney (first video in article).

MOD EDIT: TQ @ 15:27GMT 18/07/2019
    Unfortunately the original medium link has now broken. Below, two alternatives:

Bill Binney: NSA Has 32 Pages of Communications Between Seth Rich and Julian Assange

Adam Curry - http://adam.curry.com/art/1555771209_xWbS4jwE.html

Richard Charnin - https://richardcharnin.wordpress.com...-foia-request/

Tintin Quarantino
    Last edited by Tintin; 18th July 2019 at 14:34. Reason: Original link to Medium now broken (404) - fixed
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Constance (26th April 2019), Forest Denizen (26th April 2019), Hervé (26th April 2019), JRS (27th April 2019), Kryztian (26th April 2019), Tintin (30th April 2019)

10. Link to Post #87
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Some articles on Assange’s legal situation. Looks like extradition to the US and more charges added once he’s there is inevitable.

Kristinn Hrafnsson on Al Jazeera: Under arrest: The future of Julian Assange and WikiLeaks (April 13).

From SBS: US has two months to finalise Julian Assange case, as Sweden reconsiders rape case (April 13).

From The Hill: Pentagon Papers lawyer: The indictment of Assange is a snare and a delusion (April 12).

From wsws.org: Legal experts: Assange likely faces espionage charges if extradited to US (April 22).

From Netzpolitiks.org: WikiLeaks: The US is indeed investigating Assange for publishing secret information, DOJ letter suggests (April 25).

For a little added context, note WikiLeaks tweeted the following before Assange was arrested -

Quote WikiLeaks has obtained agreed Assange press strategy
    1. UK lead
    2. Ecuador will say Assange has broken many of its invented "asylum terms"
    3. UK will say won't let US kill Assange, due process. Ecuador will pretend that this is a concession and that asylum was for death penalty.
    Tweet.

I can’t find the article where I read this, sorry, but although it’s illegal for the UK to extradite Assange with charges that carry the death sentence, they can if the US assures the UK that he will not be given the death penalty.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Constance (27th April 2019), Hervé (27th April 2019), Philippe (4th May 2019), Tintin (27th April 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd May 2019)

12. Link to Post #88
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Assange: Clinton Foundation & ISIS Funded from the Same Sources

(Not news, but an important point resurfacing)

"This is a snippet of a 2016 interview published on the Russian state news outlet, RT on the eve of the 2016 presidential election. From what we've come to know today, one can get a lot more out of this interview by John Pilger of Julian Assange.

ASSANGE: There's an early 2014 email from Hillary Clinton so, not so long after she left Secretary of State to her campaign manager, John Podesta; that email, it states that ISIL/ISIS is funded by Saudi Arabia and Qatar; the governments of Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

I think this is the most significant email in the whole collection, perhaps because Saudi and Qatari money is spread all over the place, including into many media institutions.

All serious analysts know - even the US government - have mentioned or agreed that some Saudi figures have been supporting ISIS, funding ISIS. The Dodge has always been, 'It's just some rogue princes using their cut of the oil money to do whatever they like,' but actually, the government 'disapproves'.

But that email says that, no, it is the GOVERNMENT of Saudi and the GOVERNMENT of Qatar that have been funding ISIS.

PILGER: The Saudis, the Qataris, the Moroccans, the Bahrainis - particularly the Saudis and the Qataris - are giving all this money to the Clinton Foundation, while Hillary Clinton is Secretary of State and the State Department is approving massive arms sales, particularly to Saudi Arabia.

ASSANGE: Under Hillary Clinton - and our Clinton emails reveal significant discussion about it - the largest ever arms deal in the world was made with Saudi Arabia. More than $80 billion dollars. In fact, during her tenure as Secretary of State, total arms exports from the United States, in terms of the dollar value doubled.

PILGER: And of course, the consequence of that is that this notorious terrorist-jihadist group called ISIL or ISIS is created, largely with money from the very people who are giving money to the Clinton Foundation.

ASSANGE: Yes.

PILGER: You get a lot of complaints from people, saying what is WikiLeaks doing? Are they try to put Trump in the White House.

ASSANGE: My analysis is that Trump would not be permitted to win. Why do I say that? Because he's had every establishment off-side. Trump doesn't have one establishment, maybe with the exception of the Evangelicals - if you can call them an establishment - but banks, intelligence, arms companies -

PILGER: They all want him beat!

ASSANGE: Foreign money, etc. - is all united behind Hillary Clinton - and the media, as well. So, media owners and even journalists, themselves."
    Each breath a gift...

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (3rd May 2019), fifi (4th May 2019), Franny (6th May 2019), graciousb (12th June 2019), Hervé (3rd May 2019), Philippe (4th May 2019), Tintin (4th May 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd May 2019)

14. Link to Post #89
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Nothing there (from the Church of Scientology) that's not in the public domain. Not important, truly.
    Well, they can't be too happy about this one being up there. 612 pages of the old OT levels

https://file.wikileaks.org/file/scie...-ot-levels.pdf

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Pam (4th May 2019), Tintin (6th June 2019)

16. Link to Post #90
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,592 times in 5,410 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Assange: Clinton Foundation & ISIS Funded from the Same Sources

(Not news, but an important point resurfacing)

"This is a snippet of a 2016 interview published on the Russian state news outlet, RT on the eve of the 2016 presidential election. From what we've come to know today, one can get a lot more out of this interview by John Pilger of Julian Assange.

ASSANGE: There's an early 2014 email from Hillary Clinton so, not so long after she left Secretary of State to her campaign manager, John Podesta; that email, it states that ISIL/ISIS is funded by Saudi Arabia and Qatar; the governments of Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

I think this is the most significant email in the whole collection, perhaps because Saudi and Qatari money is spread all over the place, including into many media institutions.

All serious analysts know - even the US government - have mentioned or agreed that some Saudi figures have been supporting ISIS, funding ISIS. The Dodge has always been, 'It's just some rogue princes using their cut of the oil money to do whatever they like,' but actually, the government 'disapproves'.

But that email says that, no, it is the GOVERNMENT of Saudi and the GOVERNMENT of Qatar that have been funding ISIS.

PILGER: The Saudis, the Qataris, the Moroccans, the Bahrainis - particularly the Saudis and the Qataris - are giving all this money to the Clinton Foundation, while Hillary Clinton is Secretary of State and the State Department is approving massive arms sales, particularly to Saudi Arabia.

ASSANGE: Under Hillary Clinton - and our Clinton emails reveal significant discussion about it - the largest ever arms deal in the world was made with Saudi Arabia. More than $80 billion dollars. In fact, during her tenure as Secretary of State, total arms exports from the United States, in terms of the dollar value doubled.

PILGER: And of course, the consequence of that is that this notorious terrorist-jihadist group called ISIL or ISIS is created, largely with money from the very people who are giving money to the Clinton Foundation.

ASSANGE: Yes.

PILGER: You get a lot of complaints from people, saying what is WikiLeaks doing? Are they try to put Trump in the White House.

ASSANGE: My analysis is that Trump would not be permitted to win. Why do I say that? Because he's had every establishment off-side. Trump doesn't have one establishment, maybe with the exception of the Evangelicals - if you can call them an establishment - but banks, intelligence, arms companies -

PILGER: They all want him beat!

ASSANGE: Foreign money, etc. - is all united behind Hillary Clinton - and the media, as well. So, media owners and even journalists, themselves."
    Thanks Onawah.

Paragraph 5, here: https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/7243

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_podesta_email_#7243.PNG
Views:	132
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	40551
    Last edited by Tintin; 4th May 2019 at 21:01.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Hervé (4th May 2019), mountain_jim (5th May 2019), onawah (4th May 2019), Philippe (4th May 2019)

18. Link to Post #91
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here is the whole ( very damning!!) message, though numbered non-consecutively at that link), with the info quoted Tintin in bold (my emphasis);

"Re: Here's what I mentioned

To: john.podesta@gmail.com
    Date: 2014-08-19 11:21
    Subject: Re: Here's what I mentioned

Agree but there may be opportunities as the Iraqi piece improves.

Also, any idea whose fighters attacked Islamist positions in Tripoli, Libya?
    Worth analyzing for future purposes.

Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 09:19 AM
    To: H
    Subject: Re: Here's what I mentioned

Hit send too soon. Meant to say Syria elements are vexing.

On Aug 19, 2014 9:17 AM, "John Podesta" <john.podesta@gmail.com<mailto:john.podesta@gmail.com>> wrote:

I think we are headed down this path in Iraq, but the Syria elements are

On Aug 17, 2014 3:50 PM, "H" <hrod17@clintonemail.com<mailto:hrod17@clintonemail.com>> wrote:
    Note: Sources include Western intelligence, US intelligence and sources in the region.

1. With all of its tragic aspects, the advance of ISIL through Iraq gives the U.S. Government an opportunity to change the way it deals with the chaotic security situation in North Africa and the Middle East. The most important factor in this matter is to make use of intelligence resources and Special Operations troops in an aggressive manner, while avoiding the old school solution, which calls for more traditional military operations. In Iraq it is important that we engage ISIL using the resources of the Peshmerga fighters of the Kurdish Regional Government (KRG), and what, if any, reliable units exist in the Iraqi Army. The Peshmerga commanders are aggressive hard fighting troops, who have long standing relationships with CIA officers and Special Forces operators. However, they will need the continued commitment of U.S. personnel to work with them as advisors and strategic planners, the new generation of Peshmerga commanders being largely untested in traditional combat. That said, with this U.S. aid the Kurdish troops can inflict a real defeat on ISIL.

2. It is important that once we engage ISIL, as we have now done in a limited manner, we and our allies should carry on until they are driven back suffering a tangible defeat. Anything short of this will be seen by other fighters in the region, Libya, Lebanon, and even Jordan, as an American defeat. However, if we provide advisors and planners, as well as increased close air support for the Peshmerga, these soldiers can defeat ISIL. They will give the new Iraqi Government a chance to organize itself, and restructure the Sunni resistance in Syria, moving the center of power toward moderate forces like the Free Syrian Army (FSA). In addition to air support, the Peshmerga also need artillery and armored vehicles to deal with the tanks and other heavy equipment captured from the Iraqi army by ISIL.

3. In the past the USG, in an agreement with the Turkish General Staff, did not provide such heavy weapons to the Peshmerga, out of a concern that they would end up in the hands of Kurdish rebels inside of Turkey. The current situation in Iraq, not to mention the political environment in Turkey, makes this policy obsolete. Also this equipment can now be airlifted directly into the KRG zone.

4. Armed with proper equipment, and working with U.S. advisors, the Peshmerga can attack the ISIL with a coordinated assault supported from the air. This effort will come as a surprise to the ISIL, whose leaders believe we will always stop with targeted bombing, and weaken them both in Iraq and inside of Syria. At the same time we should return to plans to provide the FSA, or some group of moderate forces, with equipment that will allow them to deal with a weakened ISIL, and stepped up operations against the Syrian regime. This entire effort should be done with a low profile, avoiding the massive traditional military operations that are at best temporary solutions. While this military/para-military operation is moving forward, we need to use our diplomatic and more traditional intelligence assets to bring pressure on the governments of Qatar and Saudi Arabia, which are providing clandestine financial and logistic support to ISIL and other radical Sunni groups in the region. This effort will be enhanced by the stepped up commitment in the KRG. The Qataris and Saudis will be put in a position of balancing policy between their ongoing competition to dominate the Sunni world and the consequences of serious U.S. pressure. By the same token, the threat of similar, realistic U.S. operations will serve to assist moderate forces in Libya, Lebanon, and even Jordan, where insurgents are increasingly fascinated by the ISIL success in Iraq.

6. In the end the situation in Iraq is merely the latest and most dangerous example of the regional restructuring that is taking place across North Africa, all the way to the Turkish border. These developments are important to the U.S. for reasons that often differ from country to country: energy and moral commitment to Iraq, energy issues in Libya, and strategic commitments in Jordan. At the same time, as Turkey moves toward a new, more serious Islamic reality, it will be important for them to realize that we are willing to take serious actions, which can be sustained to protect our national interests. This course of action offers the potential for success, as opposed to large scale, traditional military campaigns, that are too expensive and awkward to maintain over time.

7. (Note: A source in Tripoli stated in confidence that when the U.S. Embassy was evacuated, the presence of two U.S. Navy jet fighters over the city brought all fighting to a halt for several hours, as Islamist forces were not certain that these aircraft would not also provide close ground support for moderate government forces.)

8. If we do not take the changes needed to make our security policy in the region more realistic, there is a real danger of ISIL veterans moving on to other countries to facilitate operations by Islamist forces. This is already happening in Libya and Egypt, where fighters are returning from Syria to work with local forces. ISIL is only the latest and most violent example of this process. If we don’t act to defeat them in Iraq something even more violent and dangerous will develop. Successful military operations against these very irregular but determined forces can only be accomplished by making proper use of clandestine/special operations resources, in coordination with airpower, and established local allies. There is, unfortunately, a narrow window of opportunity on this issue, as we need to act before an ISIL state becomes better organized and reaches into Lebanon and Jordan.

9. (Note: It is important to keep in mind that as a result of this policy there probably will be concern in the Sunni regions of Iraq and the Central Government regarding the possible expansion of KRG controlled territory. With advisors in the Peshmerga command we can reassure the concerned parties that, in return for increase autonomy, the KRG will not exclude the Iraqi Government from participation in the management of the oil fields around Kirkuk, and the Mosel Dam hydroelectric facility. At the same time we will be able to work with the Peshmerga as they pursue ISIL into disputed areas of Eastern Syria, coordinating with FSA troops who can move against ISIL from the North. This will make certain Basher al Assad does not gain an advantage from these operations. Finally, as it now appears the U.S. is considering a plan to offer contractors as advisors to the Iraqi Ministry of Defense, we will be in a position to coordinate more effectively between the Peshmerga and the Iraqi Army.)"
    Last edited by onawah; 4th May 2019 at 22:03.
    Each breath a gift...

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (4th May 2019), Bill Ryan (19th July 2019), Franny (6th May 2019), Hervé (4th May 2019), mountain_jim (5th May 2019), Pam (18th July 2019), ThePythonicCow (5th May 2019), Tintin (4th May 2019)

20. Link to Post #92
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

Default Re: Julian Assange arrested after Ecuador tears up asylum deal

Swedish court rejects request to detain Assange in absence over rape allegation

June 3rd, 2019

https://www.rt.com/news/460960-swedi...ejects-arrest/
    Last edited by Iloveyou; 3rd June 2019 at 17:05.

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Iloveyou For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (3rd June 2019), BMJ (4th June 2019), Bob (3rd June 2019), Dennis Leahy (4th June 2019), Franny (6th June 2019), Innocent Warrior (6th June 2019), Kryztian (4th June 2019), Pam (11th June 2019), Tintin (6th June 2019), Valerie Villars (6th June 2019), Wind (4th June 2019)

22. Link to Post #93
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Woah! If there was any doubt this is a concerted attack on press freedoms (and military whistleblowers/leaks), there isn’t now. The feds have raided ABC’s headquarters in Sydney for their Afghan Files reports (Brits, for anyone who isn’t familiar with the ABC, they’re media partners with the BBC.).

The Guardian: ABC raid: how the AFP's search warrant played out, one tweet at a time

Scott Morrison (snake), echoing Theresa May, from ABC: Scott Morrison grilled on press freedom after AFP raids on ABC, journalist Annika Smethurst

ABC: ABC raid: AFP leave Ultimo building with files after hours-long raid over Afghan Files stories (The Afghan Files are at the bottom of the report)

What the hell? Stunning development.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 6th June 2019 at 01:59.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

BMJ (7th June 2019), Franny (6th June 2019), Hervé (6th June 2019), Kryztian (6th June 2019), onawah (6th June 2019), Pam (6th June 2019), Philippe (6th June 2019), Tintin (6th June 2019), Valerie Villars (6th June 2019), Wind (6th June 2019)

24. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

Stunning is right Rachel. A very, very disturbing development. Since when did exposing war crimes become a criminal offence? I'm appalled.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

BMJ (7th June 2019), Franny (6th June 2019), Innocent Warrior (6th June 2019), Kryztian (6th June 2019), onawah (6th June 2019), Pam (6th June 2019), Philippe (6th June 2019), Tintin (6th June 2019)

26. Link to Post #95
    Language
    English
    Thanks

"I have looked Julian Assange in the eye when he explained what happened, and believed him. I have not had the same opportunity with Sofie Wilen, and quite possibly she is equally honest in her account of events and I would believe her too."

A Swedish Court Injects Some Sense
    5 Jun, 2019 by Craig Murray

When, eight years late, the European Arrest Warrant request for Assange was finally put before a Swedish court, the court refused to issue it.

Readers of this blog are amongst the very few people who have had the chance to learn the information that the original European Arrest Warrant for Julian Assange from Sweden was not issued by any court but by a prosecutor; that this was upheld in the UK Supreme Court despite the Court’s open acknowledgement that this was not what the UK Parliament had intended by the phrase that the warrant must come from a “judicial authority”; and that the law had been changed immediately thereafter so it could not be done again.

Consequently in seeking a new European Arrest Warrant against Assange, Swedish prosecutors had finally, eight years on, to ask a court for the warrant. And the court looked at the case and declined, saying that the move would be disproportionate. It therefore remains the case that there is no Swedish extradition warrant for Assange.

This is a desperate disappointment to the false left in the UK, the Blairites and their ilk, who desperately want Assange to be a rapist in order to avoid the moral decision about prosecuting him for publishing truths about the neo-con illegal wars which they support.

The problem is that the evidence of sexual crimes was always extremely, extremely weak to anybody who took the trouble to examine it – which is why the same false left were desperate to convince us that it was wrong to examine the evidence as the “victim” must always be believed, a strange abandonment of the entire principle of justice.

In the lesser charge which fell through the statute of limitations, Anna Ardin claimed that during the act of sex Julian Assange had deliberately torn the condom with his fingers. But the torn condom she produced to police had none of Assange’s DNA on it, a physical impossibility.

In the remaining charge of “rape, less serious”, Sofie Wilen alleges the following. She had consensual sex with Assange in her bed. She then dozed and was “half asleep” when Assange started having sex with her again. He states that she was fully awake and responsive through a series of sexual acts.

I have looked Julian Assange in the eye when he explained what happened, and believed him. I have not had the same opportunity with Sofie Wilen, and quite possibly she is equally honest in her account of events and I would believe her too.

They had both been drinking. The difficulty is that this scenario is incapable of proof. A private sexual act that everybody agrees started and was consummated as fully consensual, but then continues or resumes as one partner is drifting off or has drifted off, but the other partner says they were still awake, absent a recording is quite simply incapable of proof either way.

What is beyond doubt true is that Sofie Wilen had no thought she had been raped when she met police to ask if Assange could be compelled to take an HIV test – a visit to the police which had been encouraged by Anna Ardin (she of the faked condom evidence). Ardin was present during Wilen’s police interview.

At the police station on 20 August, Wilen texted a friend at 14.25,
    “did not want to put any charges against JA but the police wanted to get a grip on him.”
    At 17.26 she texted that she was,
    “shocked when they arrested JA because I only wanted him to take a test”.
    The next evening at 22.22 she texted,
    “it was the police who fabricated the charges”.
    Despite this, Ms Wilen’s lawyer is adamant that she now does wish a prosecution to proceed. The problem is that question of proof. As the court has seen, there is none.

Julian Assange was interviewed in detail in Sweden before he was given permission to leave Sweden when the case was dropped by the Chief Prosecutor of Stockholm. When it was reopened by another prosecutor (possible in Sweden), who issued the European Arrest Warrant, Assange at all times during his detention in the UK declared his willingness to be interviewed again, and eventually was interviewed over two days in the Ecuadorean Embassy in November 2016.

Julian Assange has never tried to avoid the investigation in Sweden. His concern was always that the whole thing was cooked up as a ruse to get him into custody for extradition to the USA. Events have proved this to be true.

To return to Sweden, the remaining question at issue is a very simple one. Was Sofie Wilen awake and responsive when sex was resumed, as Julian Assange insists, or was she “half-asleep” as Sofie says? Exhaustive questioning both in Stockholm and London has failed to produce an answer which could convince a court to issue a warrant. Prosecutor Eva-Marie Persson is now going to apply to interview Assange again. I genuinely cannot see what she feels this is going to achieve, unless she hopes to harass an ill man into a false confession.

The Swedish courts have finally injected a note of realism. The evidence Assange broke any law in Sweden has never stacked up. At some point, this poisonous farrago of prosecutorial grandstanding and Swedish sexual politics needs to be brought to a close.
    Last edited by Tintin; 6th June 2019 at 12:35.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

BMJ (7th June 2019), ByTheNorthernSea (2nd July 2019), Franny (6th June 2019), Innocent Warrior (7th June 2019), onawah (6th June 2019), Pam (6th June 2019), ThePythonicCow (6th June 2019), Wind (6th June 2019)

28. Link to Post #96
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rachel (here)
    Woah! If there was any doubt this is a concerted attack on press freedoms (and military whistleblowers/leaks), there isn’t now. The feds have raided ABC’s headquarters in Sydney for their Afghan Files reports (Brits, for anyone who isn’t familiar with the ABC, they’re media partners with the BBC.).

The Guardian: ABC raid: how the AFP's search warrant played out, one tweet at a time

Scott Morrison (snake), echoing Theresa May, from ABC: Scott Morrison grilled on press freedom after AFP raids on ABC, journalist Annika Smethurst

ABC: ABC raid: AFP leave Ultimo building with files after hours-long raid over Afghan Files stories (The Afghan Files are at the bottom of the report)

What the hell? Stunning development.
    Well done Rach I was going to alert all to this yesterday, but, was overtaken by events.

It is [yes Valerie] a shocker/stunning in the very worst sense imaginable.

Here's another related story, her initial report:

Source: Pressreader.com

When The Sunday Times asked an intelligence source about the proposal, the source said such reforms allow cyber spies to secretly access digital information on Australians with-out detection, including financial transactions, health data and phone records. “It would give the most powerful cyber spies the power to turn on its own citizens,” the source said. The letter also details a proposal for coercive “step-in” powers, meaning the intelligence agency could force government agencies and private businesses to “comply with security measures”.

The Sunday Times · 29 Apr 2018 · ANNIKA SMETHURST

LET US SPY ON AUSSIES - Secret push for sweeping new home security powers

The Sunday Times · 29 Apr 2018 · ANNIKA SMETHURST

TWO powerful government agencies are discussing radical new espionage powers that would see Australia’s cyber spy agency monitor Australian citizens for the first time. Under the plan, emails, bank records and text messages of Australians could be secretly accessed by digital spies without a trace, provided the defence and home a airs ministers approved.

The power grab is detailed in top secret letters between the heads of the departments of home a airs and defence.

TWO powerful government agencies are discussing radical new espionage powers that would see Australia’s cyber spy agency monitor Australian citizens for the first time. Under the plan, emails, bank records and text messages of Australians could be secretly accessed by digital spies without a trace, provided the Defence and Home Affairs ministers approved.

The power grab is detailed in top secret letters between the heads of the Department of Home A airs and Department of Defence which outline proposed new powers for Aus-tralia’s electronic spy agency — the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD).

The Secretary of the Department of Home A airs Mike Pezzullo first wrote to the Defence Secretary Greg Moriarty in February outlining the plan to potentially allow government hackers to “proactively disrupt and covertly remove” onshore cyber threats by “hacking into critical infrastructure”.

Under current laws the ASD — whose mission statement is “Reveal Their Secrets — Pro-tect Our Own” — must not conduct an activity to produce intelligence on an Australian. Instead, the Australian Federal Police and domestic spy agency ASIO have the power to in-vestigate Australians with a warrant and can ask ASD for technical advice if they don’t have the capabilities they need. The Attorney-General is responsible for issuing ASIO warrants but the agency’s operation falls under the umbrella of Home Affairs.

Under the proposal, Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton and Defence Minister Marise Payne would tick o orders to allow cyber spooks to target onshore threats without the top law officer knowing.

Last month the proposal was compiled in a top secret ministerial submission signed by ASD boss Mike Burgess. The proposal outlines scenarios where cyber spies would use of-fensive tactics to “counter or disrupt cyber-enabled criminals both onshore and o shore”. “The Department of Home A airs advises that it is briefing the Minister for Home Affairs to write to you (Ms Payne) seeking your support for a further tranche of legislative reform to enable ASD to better support a range of Home Affairs priorities,” the submission states.

But The Sunday Times understands Mr Dutton has not yet written to Ms Payne and no for-mal proposal for legislative amendments has been presented to Government. In a statement, a spokesman for Ms Payne said: “There has been no request to the Minister for De-fence to allow ASD to counter or disrupt cyber-enabled criminals onshore.”

When The Sunday Times asked an intelligence source about the proposal, the source said such reforms allow cyber spies to secretly access digital information on Australians with-out detection, including financial transactions, health data and phone records. “It would give the most powerful cyber spies the power to turn on its own citizens,” the source said. The letter also details a proposal for coercive “step-in” powers, meaning the intelligence agency could force government agencies and private businesses to “comply with security measures”.

The intelligence source said ASD could compel companies and government agencies to hand over data or security information. In his letter, as shown to The Sunday Times, Mr Pezzullo says the move could help battle child exploitation networks and transnational criminal syndicates including terror networks “onshore and offshore”.

“Further legislative reform could enable the Australian Signals Directorate to have a stronger role in support of the Home A airs portfolio and our law enforcement eff- orts against online, cybercrime and cyberenabled criminal threats facing Australia,” he wrote.

“Traditional law enforcement does not have the technical capacity to fully identify, detect and disrupt systemic transnational organised crime and is ordinarily limited to depen-dence on foreign law enforcement partners.”

A government source said: “I am horrifed.

“The only reason it’s not going ahead with ease is because there are good people who didn’t sign up to do this against Australian citizens. There is no actual national security gap this is aiming to other than a political power grab.”

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

BMJ (7th June 2019), Franny (6th June 2019), Hervé (6th June 2019), Innocent Warrior (7th June 2019), KiwiElf (6th June 2019), onawah (6th June 2019), Pam (6th June 2019), Valerie Villars (6th June 2019)

30. Link to Post #97
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,629 times in 8,592 posts

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-cant-control/

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Belmarsh Prison Inmate Provides Photos of Julian Assange, Says the ‘Internet is the One Thing They Can’t Control’

Quote The Gateway Pundit has obtained exclusive testimony, as well as photos, from a fellow inmate of imprisoned WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange inside London’s highest security prison.
    The inmate, who wishes to remain anonymous, sent multiple photos of Assange from inside Belmarsh maximum security prison and spoke to The Gateway Pundit about the WikiLeaks founder’s situation using a contraband phone he has inside.

This reporter spoke to the inmate through a series of online messages and a phone call for multiple hours on Wednesday evening. At the beginning of the conversation I asked him if he was a prisoner or someone who works there — and if his motive was to extort money from the organization.
    “I’m in prison right now,” he said, sending a photo from inside his cell. “Extort him for what reason? He exposed the biggest scandals in the world. Whose side do you think someone in prison would be on? The government who have us locked up in here or a fellow prisoner who actually doesn’t deserve to be here?”
    The inmate said that he believes that Assange needs his story told properly and is attempting to do what he can to help. He said that he hoped publishing the photos would lead to more people reading about his case.
    When asked if they were attempting to sell the photos, the inmate claimed that The Sun had offered him $10,000 for them, but he declined because the publication was not interested in telling Assange’s story properly. He said that he was only willing to share what he had to say, and the accompanying photos, with an outlet that supports his fellow inmate — and reiterated that his goal was simply to raise awareness of the truth of Assange’s case.

The photos feature Assange prior to his illness and being moved to the prison’s hospital wing last month. We have not been able to verify if Assange is aware of the existence of the photographs.

< more at link >
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 6th June 2019 at 15:04.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th July 2019), edina (18th July 2019), Hervé (6th June 2019), Kryztian (18th July 2019), Pam (18th July 2019), ThePythonicCow (6th June 2019), Tintin (6th June 2019)

32. Link to Post #98
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,876 times in 1,034 posts

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Belmarsh Prison Inmate Provides Photos of Julian Assange, Says the ‘Internet is the One Thing They Can’t Control’

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-cant-control/

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

BMJ (7th June 2019), Innocent Warrior (7th June 2019), Intranuclear (6th June 2019), Ivanhoe (11th June 2019), KiwiElf (6th June 2019), onawah (6th June 2019), Pam (11th June 2019), Tintin (6th June 2019), Valerie Villars (6th June 2019), Wind (6th June 2019)

34. Link to Post #99
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

Quote Posted by Tintin (here)
    It is [yes Valerie] a shocker/stunning in the very worst sense imaginable.
    Could someone more familiar with these events explain to someone who can barely find Australia on a map (well, not quite that bad) what's so shocking about them?

Thanks!
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

BMJ (7th June 2019), KiwiElf (6th June 2019), Kryztian (6th June 2019), Tintin (6th June 2019)

36. Link to Post #100
    Thanks

Paul, as I understand it, Australia's version of America's feds, raided a major news station for eight hours and took any "evidence" they felt like taking regarding a story reported two years ago by two journalists from that station, on war crimes in Afghanistan.

As I've always understood it, the press's job IS to report on such transgressions. For most of my life, at least everyone pretended journalists were protected in such circumstances.

Now, there seems to be no pretense whatsoever and the suppression of real reporting is being carried out by the Feds in blatant confiscation of material gathered by the reporters. In the interest of "national security".

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

BMJ (7th June 2019), Debra (8th June 2019), Innocent Warrior (7th June 2019), Kryztian (8th June 2019), Pam (11th June 2019), Rosemarie (18th June 2019), ThePythonicCow (7th June 2019), Tintin (6th June 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 5 15 31 LastLast