+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Vitamin A Conspiracy... As Big as The Iodine and Vit C Cover-ups?

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Default The Vitamin A Conspiracy... As Big as The Iodine and Vit C Cover-ups?

It's easy to get high doses of Vitamin A into the body. I always notice I feel good when I eat 5+ carrots a day. The only reason I stop sometimes is that carrots are a pain to eat. I will leave the animal Vit A vs Plant based Vit A debates for someone else. I'm doing just fine with the plant based version.

Wednesday morning I ate 6 sweet potatoes, followed by 10 satsumas, and 4-5 carrots at night. That's a Vitamin A feast. I noticed I was feeling stronger, younger, healthier in every respect. My skin was better. Some beauticians have been working near-miracles with Vitamin A cream.

More benefits of Vit A here:

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-...r-retinol.html

The title is not exaggeration. This is a genuine conspiracy.

Despite the fact that Vitamin A has been known to alleviate many conditions, the establishment is still warning against taking too much of it. I agree that supplementation of Vit A could be dangerous... but they are even warning against eating high Vitamin A foods in some cases.

I shall leave you in the capable hands of Weston A Price:

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-...itamin-a-saga/

Quote Vitamin A Knavery
    Even worse than vitamin-A vagary is vitamin-A knavery in the form of concerns that vitamin A may be toxic in more than the minuscule RDA-recommended amounts. In fact, so great is the propaganda against the vitamin that obstetricians and pediatricians are now warning patients to avoid foods containing vitamin A!

Recently an “expert” panel recommended lowering the RDA (recommended daily allowance) for vitamin A from 5000 IU daily to about 2500 IU and has set an upper limit of about 10,000 IUs for women. The panel was headed by Dr. Robert Russell of Tufts University, who warned that intake over the “upper limit” may cause irreversible liver damage and birth defects—a ridiculous statement in view of the fact that just a few decades ago pregnant women were routinely advised to take cod liver oil daily and eat liver several times per week. One tablespoon of cod liver oil contains at least 15,000 IU and one serving of liver can contain up to 40,000 IU vitamin A. Russell epitomizes the establishment view when he insists that vitamin-A requirements can be met with one-half cup of carrots daily.

The anti-vitamin-A campaign began in 1995 with the publication of a Boston University School of Medicine study published in the New England Journal of Medicine.15 “Teratogenicity of High Vitamin A Intake,” by Kenneth J. Rothman and his colleagues, correlates vitamin-A consumption among more than 22,000 pregnant women with birth defects occurring in subsequent offspring. The study received extensive press coverage in the same publications that had earlier extolled the benefits of vitamin A. “Study Links Excess Vitamin A and Birth Defects” by Jane Brody appeared on the front page of the New York Times on October 7, 1995; on November 24, 1995, the Washington Times reported: “High doses of vitamin A linked to babies’ brain defects.”

When a single study receives front-page coverage, it’s important to take a closer look, especially as earlier research discovered the importance of vitamin A in preventing birth defects. In fact, the defects listed as increasing with increased vitamin A dosage—cleft lip, cleft palate, hydrocephalus and major heart malformations—are also defects of vitamin A deficiency.

In the study, researchers asked over 22,000 women to respond to questionnaires about their eating habits and supplement intake before and during pregnancy. Their responses were used to determine vitamin-A status. As reported in the newspapers, researchers found that cranial-neural-crest defects increased with increased dosages of vitamin A; what the papers did not report was the fact that neural tube defects decreased with increased vitamin A consumption, and that no trend was apparent with musculoskeletal, urogenital or other defects. The trend was much less pronounced, and less statistically significant, when cranial-neural-crest defects were correlated with vitamin-A consumption from food alone.

The study is compromised by a number of flaws. Vitamin-A status was assessed by the inaccurate method of recall and questionnaires; and no blood tests were taken to determine the actual usable vitamin-A status of the mothers. Researchers did not weight birth defects according to severity; thus we do not know whether the defects of babies born to mothers taking high doses of vitamin A were serious or minor compared to those of mothers taking lower amounts.

The most serious flaw was that researchers failed to distinguish between manufactured vitamin A in the form of retinol, found in supplements and added to fabricated foods, from natural vitamin-A complex, present with numerous co-factors, from vitamin-A-containing foods. It is well known that synthetic vitamins are less biologically active, hence less effective, than naturally occurring vitamins. This is especially true of the fat-soluble vitamins like vitamin A, because these tend to be more complex molecules, with numerous double bonds and a multiplicity of forms. Natural vitamin A occurs as a mixture of various isomers, aldehydes, esters, acids and alcohols. Pure retinoic acid, a metabolite of vitamin A used to treat adult acne, is well known to cause birth defects. Apparently pure retinol has teratogenic properties in high amounts as well.
    Last edited by Daozen; 6th January 2018 at 00:23.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

anandacate (6th January 2018), avid (6th January 2018), dynamo (6th January 2018), Ewan (6th January 2018), FreeURmind (6th January 2018), gaiagirl (6th January 2018), Hym (6th January 2018), Michelle Marie (6th January 2018), Mike (6th January 2018), Nasu (7th January 2018), Navigator (6th January 2018), neutronstar (6th January 2018), RunningDeer (6th January 2018), selinam (6th January 2018), toppy (6th January 2018), Verdilac (7th January 2018), Yetti (6th January 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,575 times in 5,713 posts

Default Re: The Vitamin A Conspiracy... As Big as The Iodine and Vit C Cover-ups?

yep. and it's always suggested lesser carb veggies are used when juicing...but to hell with it - i juice almost exclusively carrots. they're cheap as hell, loaded with nutrients, and yield a good amount of juice. and most importantly, i feel great when i drink the juice.

i don't have a fancy juicer. i can't juice kale and spinach. so my options are pretty limited when it comes to veggies. celery and cucumber don't provide the nutrient power punch i get from the carrots.

so for me it's carrots and beets. like Daozen said, eating them is a pain in the ass, so i juice em. and i add a little raw fat from raw milk to slow sugar absorption.

cover up? wouldn't surpise me in the least. usually a mainstream 'warning' indicates that one should do exactly what is being warned against
    Last edited by Mike; 6th January 2018 at 00:58.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

anandacate (6th January 2018), avid (6th January 2018), Daozen (6th January 2018), dynamo (6th January 2018), Ewan (6th January 2018), gaiagirl (6th January 2018), genevieve (6th January 2018), Hym (6th January 2018), Michelle Marie (6th January 2018), Nasu (7th January 2018), Navigator (6th January 2018), neutronstar (6th January 2018), RunningDeer (6th January 2018), toppy (6th January 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,098 times in 2,584 posts

Default Re: The Vitamin A Conspiracy... As Big as The Iodine and Vit C Cover-ups?

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    yep. and it's always suggested lesser carb veggies are used when juicing...but to hell with it - i juice almost exclusively carrots. they're cheap as hell, loaded with nutrients, and yield a good amount of juice. and most importantly, i feel great when i drink the juice.

i don't have a fancy juicer. i can't juice kale and spinach. so my options are pretty limited when it comes to veggies. celery and cucumber don't provide the nutrient power punch i get from the carrots.

so for me it's carrots and beets. like Daozen said, eating them is a pain in the ass, so i juice em. and i add a little raw fat from raw milk to slow sugar absorption.

cover up? wouldn't surpise me in the least. usually a mainstream 'warning' indicates that one should do exactly what is being warned against
    You're so right, Mike, about those mainstream warnings.

I was warned about lectins and told to listen to Dr. Grundy. It didn't feel right. I like beans!

So I did further research and the anti-lectin thing was debunked!

Grundy & Lectins
    https://selfhacked.com/blog/podcast-...steven-gundry/

Exposing the Lectins HOAX
    https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/bea...about-lectins/

I like reading about health information like this because great reminders put/keep me on the right path.

In fact, I've been taking COQ10 regularly for over 10 days now.

So thanks!
    MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

avid (6th January 2018), Daozen (6th January 2018), dynamo (6th January 2018), Ewan (6th January 2018), gaiagirl (6th January 2018), Hym (6th January 2018), Mike (6th January 2018), RunningDeer (6th January 2018), toppy (6th January 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Right Mike, carrots are close to a miracle tonic, and they're cheap as chips. I wish I had the patience to juice, but I just don't like cleaning out the gunk from juicers. I even get bored cleaning out smoothie makers, so I just peel and eat. Amazing how good carrots can make someone feel. I read a story about a town that was snowed in one winter. They had no roads, no food... They only had a 3 month supply of carrots. That was all they ate for breakfast lunch and dinner. It sucked... but after a while, they noticed that their infirmities, like diabetes, were dissapearing, and they were all healthy by spring.

I've searched for that story a few times, and I can't find it...

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

avid (6th January 2018), dynamo (6th January 2018), gaiagirl (6th January 2018), Hym (6th January 2018), Michelle Marie (6th January 2018), Mike (6th January 2018), RunningDeer (6th January 2018), toppy (6th January 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Beans contain high levels of molybdenum, Desert Dreamer. They are one of the only foods to have this trace mineral in reasonable amounts. Dan Buettner's Blue Zone research linked legume intake to longevity...

https://bluezones.com/services/speaking/dan-buettner/

I've taken Coq10 on and off for years, it's a great nutrient.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

avid (6th January 2018), dynamo (6th January 2018), gaiagirl (6th January 2018), Hym (6th January 2018), Michelle Marie (6th January 2018), Mike (6th January 2018), RunningDeer (6th January 2018), toppy (6th January 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

I'm not a vegan or vegetarian, but I have huge respect for the power of fruits and veggies, and huge respect for Gary Null. I consider his book 'Gary Nulls Anti Aging Program' to be the bible of this stuff.

On carrots he notes: "...a carrot only diet over the course of several days a week has been found to significantly delay death by cancer in rats. Properties from carrots have also exhibited strong antimicrobial activity in vitro, and can protect against liver damage in mice.."

I suspect it's the vitamin A.

"beta carotene supplementation at doses of 30mg a dayor more for 2 months significantly enhanced immune reaction to elderly volunteers.."

"...alzheimer patients have been found to have significantly lower levels of vitamin e and vitamin a than controls..."

OMG, the list is endless. it's helpful for acne vulgaris, rheumatoid arthritis, cystic fibrosis, darier's disease, hair loss, hearing loss, lesions, measles, HIV, and on and on it goes.

Null once did an experiment - he was on the road and didn't have access to all the healthy foods he was accustomed to, so he dried a ton of carrots and turned them into powder. He'd mix this powder into some veggie juice throughout the day. He estimated he was getting the equivalent of 100 lbs of carrots a day! Over the next 12 weeks he ran 5 marathons. He kept up this routine and over the next 57 weeks, ran 57 races and won every single one!

What intrigues me is, after 4 weeks of the carrot powder routine he noticed he had significant hair regrowth in areas that had been thin or bald for years. This got my attention immediately. I have something like 10 hairs on the top of my head these days and it's massively f#cking demoralizing.

This is what these people do - *hide miracles in plain site*. And when presented with their miraculous powers will poo-paw the whole thing with a comment like 'well we all know about vit a...." We're conditioned from early on to believe hydrogen peroxide is merely good for cuts, and iodine is merely good for cuts, and baking soda is only good for baking...and so on. Total nonsense!
    Last edited by Mike; 6th January 2018 at 03:22.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

anandacate (6th January 2018), Bob (6th January 2018), Daozen (6th January 2018), dynamo (6th January 2018), Hym (6th January 2018), Loren (6th January 2018), Michelle Marie (6th January 2018), Nasu (7th January 2018), RunningDeer (6th January 2018), toppy (6th January 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Excellent post Mike, you touched on many subjects. There are some insiders who claim that all agiing is related to micro-cancer, and reversing cancer reverses aging. What is heart disease if not cancer of the arteries?

I have always wanted to go deeper into carrots, so to speak. :lmao: I never found anything satisfying apart the standard "12 health benefits of carrots" online, which gets old quickly. I never heard of Gary Null, his research is interesting. Like him, I have never found an upper limit for the amount of carrots I can eat. Eating beta-carotene naturally from foods means you will never overdose... Urban myths about orange skin are way overblown, in my view. Orange skin might look awesome, anyway. Better than a pallid couch potato.

A few years ago I wondered too, if the humble carrot could replace a lot of health store vits. Its not the be all and end all, but it covers a lot of nutritional bases. Pretty much everything expect for Iodine. It has cured tons of conditions, as you said.

Regarding lack of hair... Neil Strauss, the author of the classic Seduction book The Game, had no hair... he was also short and skinny, and he did fine. Likewise, Vladimir Putin. Shaving it all off is the best option. I had a friend in HK who was completely shaved, and he got tons of attention from women in the street.

So much more to research, I would like to see everything about carrots from Gary Null. I'll start looking.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Hym (6th January 2018), Michelle Marie (6th January 2018), Mike (6th January 2018), Nasu (7th January 2018), RunningDeer (6th January 2018), toppy (6th January 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement brother. I keep it shaved pretty close and I think I'm pulling it off ok.

Your statement about micro cancer is such an eye opener. I think the illusion of more individual diseases creates more fear, and in the end more money for these sick fools running this racket. But it all really could be distilled to a few things imo- like inflammation, mitochondrial deficiency, and toxic overload (cancer).

I might even say cardiovascular disease is cancer of the heart. Dr Thomas Cowan often wonders aloud at his speaking engagements about the reality of "clogged artery" heart attacks. He asks , if it's just clogged arteries, why don't we have spleen attacks, or kidney attacks, or liver attacks? Anyway, that's a whole 'nother thread.

You've got me thinking here, and I appreciate that.
    Last edited by Mike; 6th January 2018 at 06:11.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Daozen (6th January 2018), Hym (6th January 2018), Michelle Marie (6th January 2018), RunningDeer (6th January 2018), toppy (6th January 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,055 times in 912 posts

Another interesting thread Daozen. Thanks.
    Orange skin is not a myth. I went to university as an art major years ago and one friend I had always, and I mean all the time, drank nothing but carrot juice. His skin, especially on his hands, turned orange. Reminds me of the guy whose skin turned blue-ish from drinking too much colloidal silver infused water. I do drink some colloidal water I make, but like anything else I don't drink too much of it.
    I eat at least a couple of carrots daily also, but I do have a limit.
    I do wonder just how Gary Null processed such a large quantity of carrots into a powder. Dehydrating them?

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Daozen (6th January 2018), Michelle Marie (6th January 2018), Mike (6th January 2018), RunningDeer (6th January 2018), toppy (6th January 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Hi Hym,

Yes, by dehydrating.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Hym (6th January 2018), Michelle Marie (6th January 2018), RunningDeer (6th January 2018), toppy (6th January 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,306 times in 18,139 posts

Organic Veggie Powders - carrot, kale, wheat grass, barley grass, beet juice, tomato, blue-green algae.
    (I've purchased the beet, carrot and kale powders.)

Last edited by RunningDeer; 6th January 2018 at 10:47.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (6th January 2018), Daozen (6th January 2018), Hym (6th January 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,306 times in 18,139 posts

Based on some of the conversations here are three others that caught my eye from the same website found under Signature Formulas.
    Our Signature Formulas offer specific support for your most vital systems and functions. Years of research fueled the development of these groundbreaking products that combine our meticulously crafted ingredients in a pure, potent, perfected synergy. These aren’t copycat formulas; these are revolutionary new products with superior ingredients made our way — SuperPure®, certified organic, and standardized for optimal potency. Look no further than these Synergy exclusives on your search for the most comprehensive nutritional supplement for your heart, bones, eyes, cells, and immune system.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 6th January 2018 at 11:23.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (6th January 2018), Daozen (6th January 2018), Hym (6th January 2018)

+ Reply to Thread