+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 6 13 LastLast

Thread: Cancer killing/Killing Cancer ~ My Heart Path

1. Link to Post #101
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Brook passed on 25 Oct, 2018.
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,199 times in 1,540 posts

Default Re: Cancer killing/Killing Cancer ~ My Heart Path

Good Morning!

Well I'm happy to report I did not have to have an MRI on the 15th. I was quite pleased to see it was just a CAT scan. Non the less I had to drink this rather large glass of banana flavored barium and have some kind of contrast inserted into my veins but it was much better than the MRI I was expecting. Next month I get the MRI for my brain. I just don't like being stuck in that tube!

I'm also feeling better as the effect of Mondays chemo is wearing off and I my stomach feels better. I get a break this coming week from the chemo which is the best part of all this. My chemo goes like this. One week of camptosar and carboplatim. Then the next week just the Carboplatin....then I get a week rest before doing it over again. I've had four rounds now and of course now they want to see how it's worked.

I'm quite hopeful that it is working because as I reported I'm not wheezing and am not coughing like I was in the beginning. There is however considerable pain involved with the tumor which requires regular pain medication along with the regiment of more medications than I've ever taken in my whole life. But given the heart condition and the stint that was placed in my heart I'm in need of all of it.

Some people fare better on the chemo than I am....and can go through the routine quite well. I guess my stomach is just not keyed to this kind of thing. They keep telling me I won't lose my hair but I have noticed it thinning and hope that resides. I did cut off just over 12 inches of my hair as brushing it was near impossible as it was knotting in the back from each time I would lay down and rest. By far however the worst part is the nausea which I have three different kinds of medications to help with that. Of course the nausea effects my eating which of course it causing my weight loss. They wanted to give me something to increase my apatite and I told them there is noting wrong with my apatite. I can eat when I'm not effected by the nausea...so I declined the extra pill for that. It just is what it is. When I'm not sick to my stomach I can eat quite well and have worked to consume as many calories as I can when I can eat. That means I'm going to eat like crazy this week!

So hopefully tomorrow will bring some good news and tell me that large tumor in my lung is decreased and all the lymph nodes in my abdominal area and neck are going away.

I'm looking to add at least another two years here on my life span which is what they say can be expected as to be truthful with small cell lung cancer is the normal rate of expectancy. After two years it would be considered a miracle. Then again I'm down for a miracle! It's a hard fight here but I swear I'm giving it my best! Hopefully I can be back soon to posting about all the absurdity we have been seeing and add to the mix of comments here at Avalon along with all my friends!

So since I'm feeling much better today I'm going to spend some time with my grandson who is a sheer pleasure to have fun with! Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes once again!

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

avid (19th March 2018), Baby Steps (20th March 2018), Bill Ryan (18th March 2018), Bluegreen (18th March 2018), Debra (19th March 2018), DeDukshyn (19th March 2018), Ewan (19th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (18th March 2018), Gemma13 (19th March 2018), Hym (19th March 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (19th March 2018), Lettherebelight (18th March 2018), Matisse (19th March 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), Mike (19th March 2018), Ol' Roy (20th March 2018), onevoice (18th March 2018), RunningDeer (18th March 2018), sandy (27th March 2018), sherron44 (23rd April 2018)

3. Link to Post #102
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

Thanks for the update Shadowself, great to hear that you're feeling a little better. Anything can happen!
    Have a lovely day with your grandson 💞
    Sending love and best wishes💝

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

Baby Steps (20th March 2018), Bill Ryan (18th March 2018), Debra (19th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (18th March 2018), Hym (19th March 2018), Matisse (19th March 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), Ol' Roy (20th March 2018), RunningDeer (18th March 2018), Shadowself (18th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #103
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Kind of you to keep us so well informed! You ARE in our hearts & thoughts everyday!! A Tough Lady going through Tough Times!!

What a blessing that you can enjoy your Grandson!! Wrapping my arms around you in a gentle hug!

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (20th March 2018), Bill Ryan (18th March 2018), Debra (19th March 2018), Hym (19th March 2018), Matisse (19th March 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), Ol' Roy (20th March 2018), RunningDeer (18th March 2018), Shadowself (20th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #104
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Joe from the Carolinas's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,955 times in 995 posts

Appreciate the update, shadowself, that carboplatin is some rough stuff. When you have a good week where the nausea is tolerable, I’ve got 2 words for you: ice cream. Important to keep that weight up. And you make a quite important point- when we get sick, sometimes all we can focus on is our local area of operation.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

Baby Steps (20th March 2018), Bill Ryan (19th March 2018), Debra (19th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (19th March 2018), Hym (19th March 2018), Matisse (19th March 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), Ol' Roy (20th March 2018), RunningDeer (19th March 2018), Shadowself (20th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #105
    Thanks

Good morning!

It just so happens I bought a large tub of Neapolitan ice cream which I've been digging into. I gained back 2 pounds! Also for my upset stomach pop-cycles are the bomb! they seem to settle my stomach immediately, so I've been seen downing two one after the other!...LOL

Okay results from the CAT scan:

There is some bad news to report and that is they discovered that the cancer has gone to my bones and liver since I had the original pet scan. But the good news is it's showing that in those areas the chemo is killing it. But the very best news is my 8 centimeter tumor that was wrapped around my pulmonary artery as shrunk significantly to 2.5 centimeters. Man was I elated to hear that. Also the lymph nodes with tumors in my neck area are all but gone. The ones in my abdominal area are also significantly shrunk. So I'm responding quite well to the chemo.

Needless to say I was more than willing to do another round of four more treatments. That comprises what I described above. 1 week of the two medicines, then the next week of just the one and a week off till the next round times 4. Then we do another scan. When they asked me if a was on board with that I was more than gleeful to agree to it! Then I paused and just sighed....but it's worth it.

Now there is another concern here about my brain. If that cancer in my bones was not detected on the first scan...it's very possible the same might be relevant to my brian MRI that was last done which did show a tumor on my pituitary gland that they for some reason I don't quite understand determined was not malignant...but they wanted to watch. And if the cancer was not detected but there in my brain it has not been effected by the chemo. Chemo does not effect the brain because of the blood brain barrier. So if there is some malignant tumors there it will require radiation. That scars the crap out of me and I'm just hoping the cancer has not spread to my brain and like my bones and liver was not detected.

So I will try not to stress over it until we get the MRI in two weeks. For now I'm just going to do what I've been doing and go with the chemo and all it's miserable effects until that time. Thank god it's working!

While this sounds like a winning combo there is still the reality that even if I get this in an apparent complete remission small cell lung cancer usually comes back and will require constant monitoring to be sure it does not get out of hand. This is the reason for that two year prognosis that goes along with small cell lung cancer. It's very aggressive and hard to completely kill and lurks until it finds a time to emerge to attack the body which usually ends up badly. If I can get two years more here I will be ever grateful. Who knows...they might find a cure for small cell in that time if I'm lucky!

Now I think I will go attack that tub of Neapolitan! I think Finnegan will be happy to help me.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

Baby Steps (20th March 2018), Bill Ryan (20th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th March 2018), Gemma13 (9th April 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (23rd March 2018), Lettherebelight (1st April 2018), Matisse (21st March 2018), Matthew (20th March 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), Ol' Roy (20th March 2018), onevoice (20th March 2018), RunningDeer (20th March 2018), sandy (27th March 2018), sherron44 (23rd April 2018)

11. Link to Post #106
    Thanks

Thank you, Dear Lady for your update! You are, INDEED, a very brave soul!! You are fighting your own private "war", but we do what we can in keeping you continually in our thoughts & prayers!!!

What you are going through is so similar to one of my friends brother, that it is eerie! He seems to be "managing" things in the way you are. What a battle to live through! Keep enjoying that Grandson! LOVE heals!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th March 2018), Matthew (20th March 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), RunningDeer (20th March 2018)

13. Link to Post #107
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Well now that it is Easter time I was just wondering how you are hopping along. sounds like there are lots of hoops and pot holes along the way but also sounds like you are navigating them all to the best of your ability. Great work Wonder Woman and so good to see and hear your updates.
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st April 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), RunningDeer (4th April 2018)

15. Link to Post #108
    Thanks

Good Morning!

Awe to Sunday...Chemo effects are lessening and I just can't wait until the treatment tomorrow! Just kidding. I won't lie...this stuff sucks big time! I spent the better part of this week sleeping because it just wears me out.

I had to start taking a mega dose of vitamin D as my level was at 5 and it should be at 50. That was a little scary...and I was/am particularly weak. Just another pot hole in all of this.

Now to change the subject... I am seriously contemplating sharing some information with a rewrite to better understand the material for those who may be interested in a subject I've been working on for quite some time. Now is as good a time as any I suppose. It's a theory on one of my favorite subjects...Time. I've accumulated quite a bit of information on it and am nearly convinced that there is some rationality to what I've gathered. At the very least it certainly describes a pattern that is unique and one may even say holistic in nature.

It also is where I think Mr Goode got the idea for the time traveling geek that he claims....fortunately he did not understand a thing about it when I was writing about it, so he looks like a complete idiot at usual. What I proposed in the information that I know for a fact he was watching me post back in the day was not what he claims....it's far more complex and to a greater degree is actually feasible given the advancements we currently are at among the fields of science. Now if I am correct this does not mean a thing that Mr. Goode claims...it's far bigger and would make him actually look like the idiot he is with his claims. Oh crap! Did I go there? Yes I did...LOL

Anyhow I'm just considering it as...get this...all I have now is TIME on my hands! LOL

At the very least it would actually be fun to consider even if I am wrong!

So in closing today I want to wish everyone a Blessed Easter Holiday.

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

avid (1st April 2018), Baby Steps (1st April 2018), Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), celticwarrior (1st April 2018), Flyswim (15th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st April 2018), Gemma13 (9th April 2018), Hym (1st April 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (16th April 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), onevoice (1st April 2018), RunningDeer (4th April 2018), sandy (5th April 2018), sherron44 (23rd April 2018)

17. Link to Post #109
    Thanks

Good to hear how you are doing, Dear Lady! Time? If you have not seen an early video of Bob Dean's with Bill & Kerry, he addresses a time-compression experience he had. Most interesting!

Be Well! You are always in our thoughts & prayers!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), Hym (1st April 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), RunningDeer (4th April 2018)

19. Link to Post #110
    Thanks

Time-compression experience?

While I really like Bob that is quite an unusual way of terming what I suppose you might mean as time travel/dilation?

Perhaps he used that terminology to describe the bending of space time? Perhaps he knows of something that has a compression effect one would need for an intense gravitational field, which can be found at the margins of what is popularly called a black hole which is seriously related to and predicts a sufficiently compact mass and can deform spacetime? And that is possibly what is needed stabilize a traversable wormhole? I don't know what he meant by that in that terminology but it's interesting and you got me thinking about it and not my cancer for awhile! LOL
    Last edited by Shadowself; 1st April 2018 at 15:36.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

avid (1st April 2018), Baby Steps (1st April 2018), Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), Ewan (1st April 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st April 2018), Gemma13 (9th April 2018), Hym (1st April 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), onevoice (1st April 2018), RunningDeer (4th April 2018)

21. Link to Post #111
    Thanks

Sorry I don't remember which video it was, but he related that "they" took him & while away, he actually crossed off the "days" on a calendar to mark how long he had been away & it was something like three weeks(maybe?). When he got back to his bedroom he had only been gone like 15 minutes.

So from people like him who are trustworthy, these "newbies" are claiming 20 years & back, etc. It is quite evident they have "mined" the true whistleblowers' stories! We each have to make up our own minds. I certainly don't purport to understand everything! I'm just eager to learn all I can!

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (1st April 2018), Bill Ryan (1st April 2018), Hym (1st April 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), RunningDeer (4th April 2018), Shadowself (1st April 2018)

23. Link to Post #112
    Thanks

Good Afternoon!

Well let's see...where do I start? On Wednesday I had a brain MRI to see if the tumor on my pituitary gland has not changed or indicates cancer in anyway or that the cancer had not spread to my brain in general. I will find out the results on Monday.

This coming week I get a break on the chemo. As I said before it's two weeks then a break times 4 then I get another CAT scan and hopefully this stuff is gone? Wouldn't that be nice? I did ask if I could go into complete remission and they said yes....so here's to hope!

Yesterday I woke up with a soar throat, laryngitis and an ear ache so they put me on antibiotics and an allergy medicine. No fever but they want to make sure there is no infection that gets out of hand.

I did start to put together my Time thread information but of course am not as fast as I usually am so it may take a week or so. I do hope you enjoy it when I put it out there. It's meant to seriously make you think of the possibilities that exist and indeed the possibilities are endless...or should I say timeless? I will say when I researched certain dates with certain planetary alignments with those events it somewhat blew my mind. It's a lot to take in when I do share it but take note; I do use valid references that will certainly lend some credence to the possibilities.

Have a great day!

Brook

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

avid (6th April 2018), Baby Steps (6th April 2018), Bill Ryan (9th April 2018), Flyswim (15th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (6th April 2018), Gemma13 (9th April 2018), Hym (7th April 2018), Lettherebelight (23rd April 2018), Matthew (6th April 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), Mike (9th April 2018), onevoice (6th April 2018), RunningDeer (9th April 2018)

25. Link to Post #113
    Thanks

Thanks for the update, Dear Lady! Eagerly look forward to your Time Thread when you are "up" to doing it! Sending healing thoughts & prayers your way...as always!

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

avid (6th April 2018), Baby Steps (6th April 2018), Bill Ryan (9th April 2018), Hym (7th April 2018), Lettherebelight (23rd April 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), Mike (9th April 2018), RunningDeer (9th April 2018)

27. Link to Post #114
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Baby Steps (19th April 2018), Bill Ryan (9th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (9th April 2018), Lettherebelight (23rd April 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), Mike (9th April 2018), onevoice (10th April 2018), Paprika (9th April 2018)

29. Link to Post #115
    Thanks

Hello, Dear Lady....just wondered how you are doing?! You are never out of our thoughts & prayers!

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (19th April 2018), Bill Ryan (14th April 2018), Lettherebelight (23rd April 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), onevoice (15th April 2018), RunningDeer (14th April 2018)

31. Link to Post #116
    Thanks

Just checking in! How are things going? I'm sitting in a snowstorm up here!

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (20th April 2018), Bill Ryan (20th April 2018), Lettherebelight (23rd April 2018), RunningDeer (20th April 2018)

33. Link to Post #117
    Thanks

Oh Foxie! Try to stay warm!

My computer has been down until today for maintenance. I thought it was toast! But now it's running like brand new.

MRI cam out fine. Just doing the chemo thing which I seem to be getting used to now if that is possible.

Now I have to go do some catching up here and see what's been going on!

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

3(C)+me (20th April 2018), Baby Steps (20th April 2018), Bill Ryan (20th April 2018), Ewan (21st April 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th April 2018), Hym (26th April 2018), Lettherebelight (23rd April 2018), onevoice (21st April 2018), RunningDeer (20th April 2018)

35. Link to Post #118
    Thanks

Good to hear you are "hanging in there"!

Maybe Paula will put a little "hanging" figure in there for me!!
    Last edited by Foxie Loxie; 22nd April 2018 at 22:12.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (23rd April 2018), Bill Ryan (22nd April 2018), Hym (26th April 2018), Lettherebelight (23rd April 2018), RunningDeer (22nd April 2018), Shadowself (23rd April 2018)

37. Link to Post #119
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Maybe Paula will put a little "hanging" figure in there for me!!

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Baby Steps (23rd April 2018), Bill Ryan (22nd April 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd April 2018), Hym (26th April 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (2nd June 2018), Lettherebelight (23rd April 2018), onevoice (23rd April 2018), Shadowself (23rd April 2018)

39. Link to Post #120
    Thanks

Good Morning!

Well today is Monday and my appointment for chemo. But next week is a free pass! woohoo!

So I spent the good part of yesterday on my Time thread. I'm almost ready to share it. Just a couple more days. It's a good thing I go back and check my typos because a few times I reviewed it I wondered how anybody could make sense of it with the sloppy structured sentences and mass amount of typos! I'm way out of practice.

So I get to say hang in there back at cha!

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

Baby Steps (23rd April 2018), Bill Ryan (28th April 2018), DeDukshyn (23rd April 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd April 2018), Gemma13 (26th April 2018), Hym (26th April 2018), RunningDeer (23rd April 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 6 13 LastLast