1. Link to Post #161
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,644 times in 21,530 posts

Default Re: Cancer killing/Killing Cancer ~ My Heart Path

Quote Posted by Shadowself (here)
    It this case it's not a book but a tomb. The equation I discovered is this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitnikov_problem

It should not be there yet it is along with the associated numbers which lead to it....along with much more that again should not be there.

Most people will not attempt to read it. But if you do you'll see Bill and I both added to it and in the end I think it's one of our biggest discoveries that have yet to be discovered. If we do in fact have the ability to send information through a time warp...imagine the possibilities. In my thread I do not poset someone such as a person themself was transported in time. I do posit Information was sent back to another time to be published within that tomb to in fact evoke the unproven paradox theorem.
    Indeed - an intriguing find.

I can however conjecture a different explanation for how material could end up on an ancient tomb wall, regarding a mathematical proof that we've only known of since 1961.

Perhaps this is evidence of a time warp, as you suggest, or perhaps it is evidence of the knowledge of some technologies, and in this case, of some mathematics, that was once known in ancient times, and then was forgotten or lost, only to be rediscovered in our present time.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Baby Steps (24th July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd July 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd July 2018), Michelle Marie (24th July 2018), RunningDeer (23rd July 2018), Shadowself (23rd July 2018)

3. Link to Post #162
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Brook passed on 25 Oct, 2018.
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,199 times in 1,540 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    It this case it's not a book but a tomb. The equation I discovered is this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitnikov_problem

It should not be there yet it is along with the associated numbers which lead to it....along with much more that again should not be there.

Most people will not attempt to read it. But if you do you'll see Bill and I both added to it and in the end I think it's one of our biggest discoveries that have yet to be discovered. If we do in fact have the ability to send information through a time warp...imagine the possibilities. In my thread I do not poset someone such as a person themself was transported in time. I do posit Information was sent back to another time to be published within that tomb to in fact evoke the unproven paradox theorem.
    Indeed - an intriguing find.

I can however conjecture a different explanation for how material could end up on an ancient tomb wall, regarding a mathematical proof that we've only known of since 1961.

Perhaps this is evidence of a time warp, as you suggest, or perhaps it is evidence of the knowledge of some technologies, and in this case, of some mathematics, that was once known in ancient times, and then was forgotten or lost, only to be rediscovered in our present time.
    Possible....but from the other things that are within that tomb I have a feeling not. They seem to suggest otherwise as to given dates that are present within that tomb as well. This was the part in fact that led me to think that it was hacked and the formula instated.

btw, Bill mentioned he did not put this in the members only section so it's available to the public. Which after thought I suppose is alright. I just figured when people such as D. Wilcock or C. Goode run out of material they would partake in said discovery...but mine is time stamped. So they cannot take all the credit and I will bust them if they do.
    Last edited by Shadowself; 23rd July 2018 at 16:33.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

amandapoet (24th July 2018), avid (24th July 2018), Baby Steps (24th July 2018), Bill Ryan (23rd July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd July 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd July 2018), Michelle Marie (24th July 2018), RunningDeer (23rd July 2018), ThePythonicCow (23rd July 2018)

5. Link to Post #163
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,386 times in 32,916 posts

Bill mentioned he did not put this in the members only section so it's available to the public. Which after thought I suppose is alright. I just figured when people such as D. Wilcock or C. Goode run out of material they would partake in said discovery...but mine is time stamped. So they cannot take all the credit and I will bust them if they do.
    Yes. It's in the Time Travel section now (fully public and searchable, as I do think this fascinating thesis deserves to be). Initially that was my misunderstanding, but I do feel that David Wilcock and Corey Goode might possibly have other things on their minds right now. (Though, noted, this is all completely up DW's alley!)

And yes, if there's any plagiarism, we'll bust them for it.

Time Travel ~ Order from Chaos is a very, very interesting thread. Do take a close look. The place to discuss it is there, of course. This thread here is all about Brook's continuing wellbeing.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (23rd July 2018), Baby Steps (24th July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd July 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd July 2018), Michelle Marie (24th July 2018), RunningDeer (23rd July 2018), Shadowself (23rd July 2018), ThePythonicCow (23rd July 2018)

7. Link to Post #164
    United States Avalon Member amandapoet's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,166 times in 120 posts

Brook, I know this almost 8 months later-- but I just now read this thread and I am overwhelmed with the strength an heart you posses as you go through this process. Know that you are in my thoughts and you have another person in your corner during this fight.

Not to be too cliche, but sending you much love and light
    ~Amanda

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to amandapoet For This Post:

avid (24th July 2018), Baby Steps (24th July 2018), Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Dennis Leahy (24th July 2018), Elen (16th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), Michelle Marie (24th July 2018), RunningDeer (24th July 2018), Shadowself (24th July 2018)

9. Link to Post #165
    Thanks

Good morning,

Thank you Amanda. I had a particular rough day yesterday after the doctor's visit. My conversation with the doctor has led me to understand things I perhaps have turned a blind eye to. That would be the fact that small cell lung cancer in stage 4 and the rapid spread as has been my experience after the previous chemo I had says this is indeed the nature of this rapid spreading type of cancer. All of the alternative recommendations and the treatments I'm receiving from my physician do not change one very important fact. That is small cell lung cancer is incurable. That's right. I will never be cured. Not ever.

It can be treated. To extend a person's life and perhaps improve quality of life. But it cannot be cured. It's the nature of this type of cancer. No matter who tells you what as to miracle cures. Some have indeed beat the odds as to survivor rate and lived longer than the disease statistics report....it still does not change the fact that what I am walking with is indeed incurable.

In my case it also is taking it's best shot at me. It's spreading while on chemo which has occured is why they put me on the stronger chemo. On August 6th I get another CT scan to see the results...if the results are good enough, I will be put on immunotherapy. For small cell lung cancer this is considered a trial...which is basically a test to see how it responds. But first they have to see that the rapid spreading that has occured during my previous chemo has subsided and is reversing with the new chemo.

When I express that I am fighting this it's to quell the rapid spread and I know that this will indeed be an ongoing affair with treatments until the treatments no longer can get ahead of the spreading. Then this evolves to something I choose not to face yet. But I know the day is coming. So I choose to be in denial of that fact while I fight it. If I recognize that fact it has already won. When my body stops responding to things such as building up it's own white blood count that is when it's time to face reality. Until then I just have to survive and plug away. But make no mistakes...in the recesses of my mind I know this is going to come. I just hope I can push it to the limits and not allow my body to be overtake yet. But it eventually will.

Mind you while I say this I'm not all that as to being strong...believe me as recent as yesterday I will break down and have a total meltdown. That is what it is to be human in this condition. In fact I've done that several times during this condition I have. Most people want to have some sort of control in their life. This is one of those things you lose control of and just have to concede...to do you best to carry on and survive. Beating the odd is the goal. Until they discover a cure for this type of cancer...those are the choices.

So I don't speak much of the complete mental breakdown part but it happens without a doubt. I spend most of my time working to divert my mind to things other than.....such as finishing my thread was an example. It took my mind off it for awhile and provided sort of a mental therapy and that does work for the mental aspects. I certainly don't want to die but the reality is in fact I am going to die from this in due time. Small cell lung cancer is in fact a death sentence. I just choose to fight for a longer life than it would afford me.

I have shared this with some here now I will share it here. This is the reality of what is happening to me and what I am fighting. This is my last scan. Not the stuff you want to hear. Also the reason for the upgraded chemo which is taking its toll on me as well. Mind you they cut the dose and I am handling it so far. Let's hope my next scan shows good results and I can indeed go on that trial. Last Friday I came very close to entering myself into the emergency room with extreme pain in the area of my liver...mind you I'm on some powerful pain medication prescribed by my palliative care team that works with the meds I take which amounts to 20 pills a day....many of which are for my heart as well. Several times I've said to myself I live pill to pill every day. That is no joke. That's just the reality.

In this report they speak of "scattered ground glass"...that is the development of new yet small tumores getting ready to develop. My liver has so many small tumors/nodules there were too many to count. Which this chemo I'm getting ready to start again tomorrow has the task to shrink. The pain I had on Friday was the tumors on my liver shrinking and tearing on the edges causing severe pain. It did subside and is now just a dull pain. Imagine how painful that would be without the pain medication I'm on.

There are times I must confess I'm scared as hell as this is so out of my control as to how it behaves while taking over my body. When all you have to do is fight it...that is when you have to stop letting the inevitable occur and do everything that IS WITHIN YOUR POWER to fight this horrible disease. That is the side I have worked to show you here. But believe me I'm human and this is shaky ground I walk on. I break down often enough within the confines of my mind and it's not pretty.

Here are some doctors who will tell you what I'm experiencing about this special type of cancer and indeed it is incurable.

Again thank you for your support it is much needed...when you have nothing else left except for hope.
    Last edited by Shadowself; 24th July 2018 at 15:18.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

amandapoet (24th July 2018), avid (24th July 2018), Baby Steps (24th July 2018), Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Dennis Leahy (24th July 2018), Elen (16th August 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), RunningDeer (24th July 2018), ThePythonicCow (24th July 2018), Valerie Villars (12th August 2018)

11. Link to Post #166
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Dear Brook, it’s times like this I have no words.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (24th July 2018), Baby Steps (24th July 2018), Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Dennis Leahy (24th July 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), Shadowself (24th July 2018), ThePythonicCow (24th July 2018)

13. Link to Post #167
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Appreciate the update, Dear Lady!! There are many who continually hold you close & are aware of the suffering you go through...most unimaginable!

We DO Love You!!

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (24th July 2018), Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Dennis Leahy (24th July 2018), Elen (16th August 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), RunningDeer (24th July 2018), Shadowself (24th July 2018), ThePythonicCow (24th July 2018)

15. Link to Post #168
    Thanks

Thank you RunningDeer & Foxy,

While it was not my intention to seek sympathy, this is often the result of disclosing such a condition. I do so to let people know if they should have friends, family or self, God forbid it happens and often leads to some of the thoughts I've expressed in the previous post. No one really wants to face it but it's indeed part of life when one has incurred such a fate as I have.

I also wanted to mention that as mentioned in the video I provided, that I have been offered much stronger pain meds as he has suggested in the video. I just refuse them at this time. I do so for mental cognition. I don't want to be totally drugged out. While I do take an opiate for pain... I take Hydrocodone 10-325 milligrams every four hours. For some reason it does not seem to make me feel completely drugged out and as a result I do experience a modicum of pain...but I'd rather be more cognitive with some tolerable pain. I know the time will come when I will have to start taking the stronger stuff and I told them I will let them know when that time is.

I also refused the recommended medications for depression. I know that stuff can be bad for you and I don't need to experience some unnecessary mind crap! I do take a very mild anti anxiety medicine that doubles as a nausea medicine...which does help. I do not take it all the time though as it makes me tired.

I just thought afterward that the video said what it said and I do not use that medication and have thus refused them .....not yet anyhow.
    Last edited by Shadowself; 24th July 2018 at 17:58.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

amandapoet (24th July 2018), Baby Steps (12th August 2018), Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Dennis Leahy (24th July 2018), Elen (16th August 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), IndigoSpiral (25th July 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (16th August 2018), RunningDeer (24th July 2018), ThePythonicCow (24th July 2018), Valerie Villars (12th August 2018)

17. Link to Post #169
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,700 times in 8,940 posts

Hi Brook,

I never wrote to you personally, but always read your posts. I think you are a considerate woman, very intelligent, outspoken, and bringing a lot into this world.

I am very sorry about this cancer eating up as much as it can. My cousin is actually with the same situation and has gone on imunotherapy. I see the difficulties and the suffering.

I want to thank you for all those posts and for writing up your experiences. They always bring me great insights and inspiration.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

amandapoet (24th July 2018), Baby Steps (12th August 2018), Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Debra (17th August 2018), Dennis Leahy (24th July 2018), Elen (16th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), Hym (12th August 2018), RunningDeer (24th July 2018), Shadowself (24th July 2018), ThePythonicCow (24th July 2018)

19. Link to Post #170
    Thanks

Good morning!

Been too long for the updates but I've been kicking back with some friends of mine at another forum that I'd not been in contact with for a while and am glad I've had the opportunity to do so.

So what's going on...

The chemo I'm on seems to be doing it's thing as it's shrinking my tumors on my liver and causing extreme pain. The doctor says the tumors are encapsulated causing tearing around the edges which is causing the pain from some inflammation caused by the shrinking. So I guess while that is a good thing...it's been quite painful!

I had a CT scan last Monday and get the results tomorrow. Hoping I can go on the immunotherapy with the results.

As I mentioned in the first post regarding the mushrooms and Paul Stamets...one of my personal heros. I have to again say I attribute much of my fighting system to this guy and his medicinal mushrooms.

Turkey Tail mushroom (Trametes Versicolor) - Used in Asia to fight cancer and its main property that they attribute to it's immune strengthening properties...
    Polysaccharide-K (Krestin, PSK) is a protein-bound polysaccharide isolated from the fruitbody of Trametes versicolor.

The analogous compound PSP, is derived from the "COV-1" strain of Trametes versicolor.

Polysaccharide peptide (PSP) is a protein-bound polysaccharide extracted from the edible mushroom Coriolus versicolor. PSP is currently in the animal-testing phase of research in many countries for use as an anti-tumor drug. It appears to work as a biological response modifier (BRM), enhancing the body's own use of macrophages and T-lymphocytes, rather than directly attacking any tumors.

Polysaccharide Krestin (PSK) was first isolated in Japan in the late 1960s while PSP was isolated about 1983 in China. Each compound has shown remarkable anticancer properties with few side effects. By 1987 PSK accounted for more than 25% of total national expenditure for anticancer agents in Japan.
    Now I could go into a whole slew of explanations of this mushroom...but basically it's natures immunotherapy. The very thing that my doctor wants me to go on. So in conjunction with the Opdivo and the supplements of Turkey Tail mushrooms I'm taking I think this should work splendidly.

I had about a two hour talk with a friend the other night and the first thing I let him know and he noticed as well is that while my body is sick with cancer tumors...my life force/Chi is as strong as ever. Yes I do get tired..very tired in fact when doing this chemo. This last week in fact was mostly sleeping for me. I get up for a few hours then have to sleep. Also chills from the inside very noticable. But my chi is in fact intact and fighting the effects with sleep. Because we all know when you're sleeping you are in a state of another kind. That other kind involves heavily your life force/Chi. The life force takes over when sleeping to protect the body from overworking itself while maintaining that life force which can indeed replenish the body.

So today so far I feel like I'm coming out of the Chemo Coma I've been in for the last two weeks since I had the treatment and feel better. hoping the scan I had on Monday give good news and I can move on to the immunotherapy. I know the doctor wants the tumors shrunk to some degree to begin the immunotherapy..as it takes some time and the tumors may indeed grow when I start it. Here is a short explanation as to how it works:

Now all that said...it helps the immune system to fight the growth. But does it completely kill the cancer? Not yet...as it can indeed come back depending on what kind you have. I have the kind that is aggressive and probably will indeed come back. So I may be on this for quite some time. But with proper nutrition and the right kind of supplements I can increase my longevity. I just saw in a group I belong to of lung cancer patients...where a woman with SCLC has reached the three year mark with Opdivo. That is a remarkable feat as this disease is not known for that kind of longevity. So I'm very hopeful as I mentioned my life force/Chi is strong and as long as that is apparent I think I will be around for quite some time. That is the plan anyhow...and I'm far from giving up despite the despair I've come to know as well.

Here's to Hope!

Click image for larger version

Name:	gaveup1.PNG
Views:	19
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	38744
    Last edited by Shadowself; 12th August 2018 at 14:45.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

Baby Steps (12th August 2018), Bill Ryan (12th August 2018), Debra (17th August 2018), Elen (16th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (12th August 2018), Franny (13th August 2018), Hym (12th August 2018), Innocent Warrior (13th August 2018), Orph (12th August 2018), RunningDeer (12th August 2018), Valerie Villars (12th August 2018)

21. Link to Post #171
    Thanks

You GO Girl!!! It's quite a journey you are on.....be assured you are always in our thoughts & prayers!!

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (12th August 2018), Bill Ryan (12th August 2018), Debra (17th August 2018), Elen (16th August 2018), Franny (13th August 2018), Hym (12th August 2018), Innocent Warrior (13th August 2018), RunningDeer (12th August 2018), Shadowself (12th August 2018)

23. Link to Post #172
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    You GO Girl!!! It's quite a journey you are on.....be assured you are always in our thoughts & prayers!!

You can say that again! I do indeed plan on being here for a while...I hope my body does too!

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

Baby Steps (12th August 2018), Bill Ryan (12th August 2018), Debra (17th August 2018), Elen (16th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (12th August 2018), Franny (13th August 2018), Hym (12th August 2018), Innocent Warrior (13th August 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (16th August 2018), RunningDeer (12th August 2018), Valerie Villars (12th August 2018)

25. Link to Post #173
    Thanks

I also want to add this as indeed I just went through this and this could perhaps help others that may indeed go through the same thing:

I wanted to address something that is rather important to anybody that gets a debilitating disease or illness that causes you to lose your job as that is indeed what happened to me. This is also for people living in the United States.

When I first got sick I was working. Fortunately my job provided through the company temporary disability which held me through until June. After that they provided a long term disability which I did qualify for. The long term disability only provides for 60% of my previous income which is certainly not enough.

Knowing I was in this for a long haul I called Social Security and they advised me due to the situation I would most likely qualify for Social Security Disability...which in fact I did. For some strange reason this type of cancer I have _ Small Cell Lung Cancer qualifies me for a fast track to their disability program. But there was a 90 day waiting period for that. They suggested that I apply for my Social Security (a lower amount) until the disability went into effect. Which I did.

So it's a good thing I looked into this early while I was collecting my temporary disability from the company I was working for. It actually worked out quite well for me as the month that my temporary disability stopped...my Social Security Disability took hold.

Unfortunately the long term disability provided by my company was affected by the Social Security Disability payment and they reduced that 60% income to a flat $100.00 a month which has tax taken from it and is around 95.00. I was lucky in the fact that I worked for pretty much all my life and due to my high income in the past when I was in the business sector I paid high amounts to my social security deductions which qualified me for their highest benefit income. Which believe me is not that much...but enough to barely survive I suppose.

So the next step...when you get Social Security Disability and this is very important...you will not get medicare until 12 months have passed or you turn 65 whichever happens first. Lucky I turn 65 in September.

So when my temporary disability ended for the long term disability that did not include my insurance coverage. So my insurance coverage ended in June as well. I had to sign up for COBRA which continues your coverage as long as you pay the amount designated by the insurance coverage you have. Of course I had to do that as all my deductible had been met and pretty much all my medical expenses are now covered including my drug coverage.

The problem with COBRA is you of course end up paying far more for your insurance coverage to continue. For me it's $558.00 a month. Of course I cannot continue to pay that as that would take a huge chunk of my Social Security Disability which is all I have to live on.

Fortunately in my case I turn 65 in September and this is the last month I've paid into my COBRA coverage and will begin Medicare in September.

So the next step:

Due to the amount of medical care I need I had to sign up for coverage that would pay more than the 80% coverage that comes with medicare part A & B.

Part B is optional and if you want it ...it costs $134.00 a month. So just the basic coverage at 80% reduces my Social Security Disability by that amount.

Due to the high costs of my care...I needed a supplement plan. Now this is important... Don't be confused by all the different insurance company's sending you their offers for a plan and the various costs. Go straight to the medicare sight online or call them. They will help you. Here are the FACTS...

For me getting Part G plan covers everything except the 183.00 deductible on Part B. If you only look into certain insurance companies they will give you prices for Part G from $165.00 to $86.00. So what's the difference between the price plans? NOTHING! Absolutely nothing. No matter what insurance company you go to for your part G coverage....the coverage is EXACTLY THE SAME. Do not let the insurance company providing coverage for you tell you otherwise. If they do report them to the Bureau of Insurance as they are indeed lying!

So I of course chose the $86.00 a month. DUH!!!

Pricing for this kind of coverage is based on the State you live in and while they can charge different amounts...the coverage is the same. So it would behoove you to go with the lowest cost based on that factor.

Now...Part G does not cover drugs. Nor does Part A & B...so here you go again! You need another coverage. And of course in my case that includes all the drugs I take so again I'm telling you to go the medicare site and/or call and get help with them as they are there to help you and they will input all the drugs you are currently taking and input them which gives you all the various plans and their coverages.

So today I just finished all my medicare and Drug coverage which is Part D. Part D for the coverage I choose will be deducted from my Social Security Disability or you can be billed...for the amount of $62.00 for the one I choose. There are various Part D coverages to choose from through the Medicare site.

So some important things to know: If you sign up at 65 for a Medicare supplement plan...no matter what plan you choose there are no pre existing medical conditions. You can change it during the enrollment period in October....but then you ARE subject to pre existing conditions. So let's say you choose one plan then find you do in fact get cancer or something else that requires heavy hospital bills and medical care...then you want to change that plan to Part G which in fact covers everything except the $183.00 deductible an drug overage...you are subject to pre existing and the cost may indeed increase. Just a little FYI.

For me it's a no brainer as I'm already sick and need the highest coverages.

There is also Medicaid...which I do not qualify for as my Social Security Disability income being on the higher end does not give me that and I do in fact have to pay for all the additional coverages. But this plan will indeed help you with medical bills if you do qualify. When applying it does not hurt to look into it. Medicaid is also run by the individual state you live in and coverage can vary.

~

The reason I'm telling you all this is because when you get sick...the last damned thing you need to be worried about is medical bills but believe me you will! I hope this helps anybody that needs to apply for any kind of medical coverage when that happens. I'm telling you this also because I went through all the pitfalls of learning this about the various coverages and indeed Part G does cover it all except as I said above the deductible (183.00) and drug coverages. I actually made an appointment with an insurance agent in the beginning only to find him selling me a plan that indeed cost MUCH MORE and I still would have ended up paying for Doctor visits a fee of $20.00 and specialists $40.00. Had I not taken the time to research it I may have been fooled and I don't want to see anybody else end up with that.

I just hope it helps someone else...I didn't have any help and had no idea where to start... Add to that I was far too sick to deal with it...but I had no choice. I just knew my life was going to seriously change as I can't work anymore.

This happens all the time to others and this bit of information is indeed valuable. It would be really nice if we had a better medical care system in the US but until that happens we're stuck with what they have. When you have insurance companies getting their nose stuck into this you can seriously be taken...and when every penny counts that can mean a whole lot!

I couldn't believe that one insurance guy I made an appointment with was willing to take me for a ride when I explained the whole thing about having cancer and the importance of the kind of plan I needed. That would have cost me several thousand in a years time. He tried to sell me on Plan N I think it was which was cheaper then the Plan G he quoted at $164.00!!!... far more than what I'm actually paying now for the same damned thing! And this plan he was selling me would have cost me more than I could seriously afford!

And...when you see AARP advertised (the one that advertises lower prices and savings!)....pass!

They charge about $40 more a month for Plan G than the lower amount I paid...mind you...it's the same coverage! You also have to sign up for their yearly membership!

That's $56.00 more a month for the same plan I just paid $86.00 a month for!

Okay...that's about all for now...I hope this helps if anybody else needs this kind of information.
    Last edited by Shadowself; 12th August 2018 at 16:39.

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th August 2018), Debra (17th August 2018), Elen (16th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (13th August 2018), Franny (13th August 2018), Hym (12th August 2018), Innocent Warrior (13th August 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (16th August 2018), norman (12th August 2018), RunningDeer (12th August 2018), Valerie Villars (16th August 2018)

27. Link to Post #174
    Thanks

Reporting in..Scan results:

Where to begin...Doctor wants to get an MRI but thinks this headache pain I've been suffering the last few days may be caused by lymph nodes in the area of my collar bone radiating to my head as pain. I have two rather large tumors in two lymph nodes there and in fact one of them is where they obtained my biopsy to determine that I have SCLC. He just wants to make sure that is all it is.

Now for the life of me I don't understand this at all...but aside from a slight decreased size in the tumors on my liver everything remains unchanged. He called it "stable"...which is good as it means it's not spreading so this is probably why he thinks the headaches are from the tumors in my lymph nodes. While that is good it's not spreading...I would have expected more results as to shrinkage of the tumors given the extreme strength of this particular chemo and the three days in a row application. Also the extreme pain as a result of that shrinking in my liver one would think there would be more of a change. But no...

Here's the bad part: I was grossly misinformed as to the approval of the Opdivo. Opdivo is not FDA approved for my type of cancer...and I did/do have currently a pretty good insurance coverage and this insurance company APPROVED me for the Opdivo. Something I did not want! I wanted the drug manufacturer to approve it after the insurance company turned it down. But no....they approved it! I'm thinking they made a major mistake as again it's not FDA approved!

What that all means: My insurance is expiring at the end of this month and I need another approval from Medicare and my supplement coverage! I can't apply for that until my coverage is in effect! If medicare turns it down...FINE! The drug company will approve it (my doctor reassures me of this) and I can get the Opdivo...but that may take up to a month!

Until then I have to continue on the chemo I'm on until that happens.
    Come Wednesday I'm starting yet another round of three days of pure hell! Which yes I'm tolerating well enough so far and most likely I will have to have one more after that.

So in short...I have to do more chemo until the Opdivo gets approved once again...I have to get an MRI next Monday to be certain it's not spread but most likely has not. And aside from a slight decrease in size of nodules/tumors on the liver I'm pretty much the same from the last scan.

At least the doctor relieved my concern of the spreading to the brain as that would be a huge concern but to be certain he's going to check anyhow.

Thanks for all the love and reassurance I've been receiving here...it's been a great help!

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

Baby Steps (13th August 2018), Bill Ryan (13th August 2018), Debra (17th August 2018), Elen (16th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (13th August 2018), Franny (13th August 2018), IndigoSpiral (16th August 2018), Innocent Warrior (13th August 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (16th August 2018), Lettherebelight (13th August 2018), RunningDeer (13th August 2018), Valerie Villars (16th August 2018)

29. Link to Post #175
    Thanks

You DO know we care, bigly! here on Avalon. WWG1WGA in this sense also!!

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th August 2018), Debra (17th August 2018), Elen (16th August 2018), RunningDeer (13th August 2018), Shadowself (13th August 2018)

31. Link to Post #176
    Thanks

LOL...okay I give up..what is WWG1WGA? LOL

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th August 2018), Debra (17th August 2018), Elen (16th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th August 2018), RunningDeer (13th August 2018)

33. Link to Post #177
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

LOL...okay I give up..what is WWG1WGA? LOL
    I'll add this while we wait for Lady Loxie to catch your post.
    xo

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Baby Steps (16th August 2018), Bill Ryan (13th August 2018), Debra (17th August 2018), Elen (16th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th August 2018), Lettherebelight (13th August 2018), Shadowself (14th August 2018), ThePythonicCow (14th August 2018)

35. Link to Post #178
    Thanks

Ah....I see! Thanks... that one had me stumped! LOL I like it!

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

Baby Steps (16th August 2018), Bill Ryan (13th August 2018), Debra (17th August 2018), Elen (16th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th August 2018), Lettherebelight (13th August 2018), RunningDeer (13th August 2018), ThePythonicCow (14th August 2018)

37. Link to Post #179
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

So nice to hear from you, lovely Lady!
    Stay strong and I hope your week goes well
    with love ❤️🙏

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

Baby Steps (16th August 2018), Bill Ryan (13th August 2018), Debra (17th August 2018), Elen (16th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th August 2018), Innocent Warrior (13th August 2018), Matthew (13th August 2018), RunningDeer (13th August 2018), Shadowself (14th August 2018), ThePythonicCow (14th August 2018), Valerie Villars (16th August 2018)

39. Link to Post #180
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,644 times in 21,530 posts

If it is my destiny to die of cancer, it is my intention to never have been "officially" diagnosed with cancer. and to never have voluntarily received any conventional cancer treatments.

I swear, so long as I am in control of my medical treatment, not one second of my time nor one penny of my money will go to any "standard of care" oncologist (the one's who hand out "official" cancer diagnoses.)

I am my doctor, and food is my medicine.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

40. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Alan (19th August 2018), Antagenet (20th August 2018), avid (16th August 2018), Baby Steps (16th August 2018), Bill Ryan (16th August 2018), Blacklight43 (17th August 2018), Debra (17th August 2018), Elixir (16th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th August 2018), Ol' Roy (17th August 2018), raregem (17th August 2018), RunningDeer (16th August 2018), sherron44 (16th August 2018), Stephanie (17th August 2018), Trisher (16th August 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 9 13 LastLast