+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Astronaut Claims To Have Grown 9 cm on the ISS: 24 hrs later, he apologizes

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,692 times in 13,806 posts

Question Astronaut Claims To Have Grown 9 cm on the ISS: 24 hrs later, he apologizes

Avalonians I wish to bring this strange story to your attention.

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Independent.co.uk

Japanese Astronaut Grows In Space And Now Worries He Won't Fit In Capsule That Will Bring Him Back

Published 9th January 2018

An astronaut on the International Space Station has grown so much he's worried he won't get back down.

Lieutenant Norishige Kanai said that he has stretched out during his time on the International Space Station. The extra 9cm he has gained since he arrived on December has left him worried he won't squeeze into the small space of the Soyuz capsule, which is set to carry him back down to Earth.

Read all about it here: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...-a8149871.html
    A true space oddity

CNN

Japanese Astronaut Says Sorry After Claiming He 'Grew' 3.5 Inches In Space

Published 10th January 2018

Japanese astronaut Norishige Kanai apologized on Wednesday for suggesting he had "grown" 3.5 inches (9 centimeters) while at the International Space Station (ISS).
    Kanai, 41, had only been on the ISS for a few weeks as part of a six-month mission when he tweeted he had some "important news" to share.

Read all about it here: http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/10/he...ntl/index.html
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Cidersomerset (12th January 2018), guyres (11th January 2018), Jad (11th January 2018), kanishk (11th January 2018), Matt P (11th January 2018), selinam (11th January 2018), skogvokter (11th January 2018), william r sanford72 (11th January 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Astronaut Claims To Have Grown 9 cm on the ISS: 24 hrs later, he apologizes

He made a measure fault, is now told. He only grew 2 centimeters or less then an inch.
    Oops, sorry.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Red Skywalker For This Post:

kanishk (11th January 2018), Navigator (11th January 2018), Star Tsar (11th January 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Default Re: Astronaut Claims To Have Grown 9 cm on the ISS: 24 hrs later, he apologizes

Yes A surgeon would be prone to making mistakes on measuring a human body especially his own...

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

6. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Yes A surgeon would be prone to making mistakes on measuring a human body especially his own...

Quote But Kanai's fears were put to rest when the Russian captain, dubious of such an unusual discrepancy, suggested that he double-check his measurements. Kanai found that he had grown only 0.78 inches (2 centimeters).
    "I am very sorry to spread such fake news,"
    Maybe its as simple as the measuring method or apparatus used was at fault or used improperly. just come out and say what you are thinking ... go on, do it, i dare you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Navigator For This Post:

Star Tsar (12th January 2018)

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Okay, okay, it's a tall tale of the tape!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Navigator (12th January 2018)

+ Reply to Thread