1. Link to Post #301
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Default Re: Sunday Weekly Global Meditation

Hi there everyone

Omi has had a fabulous idea, inspired by one of our Australian members, for us to hold a Sunday weekly meditation for the Oceanic/Asian/Southern Hemisphere parts of the globe.

We shall commence this on Sunday evenings at the Australian Eastern Standard time of 8:00pm (20:00h) - (Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney) if that is okay with everyone?

Here is a conversion chart for everyone to use so that we are all synched up

Timezone conversion chart

Please feel free to add anyone who you wish to see on this list.

I'm going to start by adding my dad Tommy.

Thank you to all

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bluegreen (11th August 2019), Cara (9th August 2019), Forest Denizen (11th August 2019), Franny (9th August 2019), justntime2learn (9th August 2019), Omi (9th August 2019), Wind (9th August 2019), wondering (11th August 2019)

3. Link to Post #302
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Hi there everyone,

The first session for the Sunday weekly Global meditation at the Australian Eastern Standard time of 8:00pm (20:00h) - (Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney) will begin in 12 minutes...

Last edited by Constance; 11th August 2019 at 09:52.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bluegreen (11th August 2019), Forest Denizen (11th August 2019), justntime2learn (11th August 2019), Omi (11th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019), wondering (11th August 2019)

5. Link to Post #303
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 times in 189 posts

Thank you Constance ♡ for taking up the role of organizing the meditation time for the Eastern part of the world! It's wonderful to see that this meditation group has taken another step forward to growing and expanding itself!

The meditation for people in Oceanic/ Asian/ Southern Hemisphere @20:00 Australian Eastern Standard Time will start in a few minutes.

I would like to set intentions on making changes for financial problems on personal and global situations, and to send positive energies for having abundance in all areas of our lives.
    (More on my blog)

Anyone who is in need of healing is welcome to request for themselves, or on behalf of anyone they wish to have healing for.

The second session will follow in a few hours for people in British/ American areas at the usual time, 18:00 British Summer Time.

Namaste

Remember that all is One. -Edgar Cayce

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Baby Steps (11th August 2019), Bluegreen (11th August 2019), Constance (11th August 2019), Forest Denizen (11th August 2019), Franny (11th August 2019), justntime2learn (11th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019), wondering (11th August 2019)

7. Link to Post #304
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Also there is the big typhoon Lekima in China causing havoc, that can be one intention where people may focus on too.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Bluegreen (11th August 2019), Forest Denizen (11th August 2019), Franny (11th August 2019), justntime2learn (11th August 2019), Omi (12th August 2019)

9. Link to Post #305
    United States Avalon Member Forest Denizen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 times in 450 posts

Posted early today by Avalon member, Maybee, on her thread, Desperately begging for healing prayers, best wishes,strong cure vibes, regarding the status of her daughter, Fiona:

Quote Posted by Maybee (here)
    Thank you for all this information, she has been having the Essiac tea and as good a diet as she can manage with organic vegetable drinks twice a day.

Last week she damaged her spine which put her in hospital for a week.
    A MRI scan was done and there was some good news.
    The cancer in the cervical vertebra has not grown since the last MRI scan!
    We felt so good about that, thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Unfortunately there are two other sites, mid and lower back where it has grown in the last four months, but now we feel so much more positive that this can be halted as well

So thank you, thank you and love to you all
    I hope we all can include Fiona in our meditation this morning, as well as Constance’s father, Tommy.
    Last edited by Forest Denizen; 11th August 2019 at 16:49.
    "Love is the only engine of survival.." Leonard Cohen

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Forest Denizen For This Post:

Bluegreen (11th August 2019), Franny (11th August 2019), justntime2learn (11th August 2019), Omi (12th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

11. Link to Post #306
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

It might help those of us new to healing meditation if those requesting help posted a photo to help produce a mind link. I know it would help me to focus.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Bluegreen (12th August 2019), Forest Denizen (12th August 2019), justntime2learn (12th August 2019), Omi (12th August 2019), Wind (12th August 2019)

13. Link to Post #307
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ken (here)
    Posted early today by Avalon member, Maybee, on her thread, Desperately begging for healing prayers, best wishes,strong cure vibes, regarding the status of her daughter, Fiona:

Quote Posted by Maybee (here)
    Thank you for all this information, she has been having the Essiac tea and as good a diet as she can manage with organic vegetable drinks twice a day.

Last week she damaged her spine which put her in hospital for a week.
    A MRI scan was done and there was some good news.
    The cancer in the cervical vertebra has not grown since the last MRI scan!
    We felt so good about that, thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Unfortunately there are two other sites, mid and lower back where it has grown in the last four months, but now we feel so much more positive that this can be halted as well

So thank you, thank you and love to you all
    I hope we all can include Fiona in our meditation this morning, as well as Constance’s father, Tommy.
    Ken, thank you for the update from Maybee about her daughter Fiona's conditions, that's great that there seems to be improvement and more hope in recovery!

We can continue to give her healing intentions for next Sunday's meditation as well. ♡

Quote Posted by amor (here)
    It might help those of us new to healing meditation if those requesting help posted a photo to help produce a mind link. I know it would help me to focus.
    Yes amor, thank you for mentioning this. (and great to have you in the meditation!)
    It surely can be an option to have a photo of each person who is in need of healing to connect better with their energy, along with their names. If some people feel cautious and don't want to give their personal information, they can mention their username/ nickname and we can still send healing to them too.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th August 2019), Bluegreen (12th August 2019), Forest Denizen (12th August 2019), justntime2learn (24th August 2019), Wind (12th August 2019)

15. Link to Post #308
    Thanks

One of this week's intentions is to bring harmony and peace to the troublesome situation in Hong Kong. Omi may write later some other intentions here too. We will of course also send healing to those who need it.

More info here.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th August 2019), Bluegreen (17th August 2019), Forest Denizen (19th August 2019), justntime2learn (24th August 2019), Omi (17th August 2019)

17. Link to Post #309
    Thanks

One of the main intentions of this week's meditation is to stop the fires in the Amazon.

Quote "The world’s largest rainforest is up in flames, and Brazil is currently the epicentre of an environmental disaster. The Amazon rainforest, covering seven million square kilometres of land and comprising 40 per cent of the world’s rainforest, has been aflame for three weeks.

The Amazon rainforest has previously existed as a perfectly balanced, self-sustaining system, self-generating the rain that falls over the land. Human activity however, seems to be pushing the ecosystem past its tipping point. The Amazon is the largest tropical rainforest in the world and is practically ‘life support’ for the earth—it has been referred to as the earth’s “lungs”, because it produces 20 per cent of the planet’s oxygen."
    May we succeed and may love overcome greed and ignorance.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Forest Denizen (24th August 2019), justntime2learn (24th August 2019), Omi (25th August 2019)

19. Link to Post #310
    Thanks

This time we will be meditating on the heart and emotions, and also for hurricane Dorian.

Everyone who would like to join the meditation is very welcome!

There are 2 sessions:

@18:00 British Summer Time
    @20:00 Australian Eastern Standard Time

More info here.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Bluegreen (1st September 2019), Forest Denizen (1st September 2019), justntime2learn (5th September 2019), Omi (1st September 2019)

21. Link to Post #311
    Thanks

Starting in a few minutes

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Bluegreen (1st September 2019), Forest Denizen (1st September 2019), justntime2learn (5th September 2019), Wind (2nd September 2019)

23. Link to Post #312
    Thanks

Hello everyone,

For today's group meditation, I felt that it would be helpful and good for all of us to bring our awareness to the human nature and its makings of it - how the physical body is biologically constructed and its functions, how the emotional feeling and mental thinking are connected to the physical body and the spirit guiding us along our evolution.

A body scan meditation or Shavasana (corpse pose) is a practice that is usually done after a series of yoga asana practice but can also be practiced on its own to bring your awareness to the physical body. Simply observe your body from the tip of your toes upward through your whole body, and as you notice any discomfort, stress, tension, or pains try to relax those parts of the body and release them.

Relaxing the physical body will naturally lead to calming the feeling emotions and the thinking mind, to bring clarity and positivity, more peace and harmony.

The human body is a holy temple that we have been blessed to have for experiencing life on earth. As humans, we are given the free will to choose what we wish to be and have, as well as being guided by spirit and destiny. It is up to ourselves to take good care of each of our own, which in the greater picture can help each other out in the process of the souls' growth.

Looking forward to meditating together with everyone in a few hours.
    (@18:00 BST)

Namaste

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Bluegreen (8th September 2019), Forest Denizen (8th September 2019), justntime2learn (8th September 2019), Wind (8th September 2019)

25. Link to Post #313
    United States Avalon Member Forest Denizen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 times in 450 posts

Thank you, Omi! Today, I would also ask that a focus of our meditation be love and healing energy vibrations directed particularly for all those beings, human and animal and otherwise who have suffered such devastation and tragic loss due to the effects of Hurricane Dorian..

And, as always, may we provide all those anywhere who are suffering physically, emotionally, or spiritually.. with the warmth and solace of our combined loving and healing energies

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Everyone who would like to join the meditation is very welcome!

There are 2 sessions:

@18:00 British Summer Time (10:00 am U.S. West Coast Time)
    @20:00 Australian Eastern Standard Time

More info here.
    "Love is the only engine of survival.." Leonard Cohen

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Forest Denizen For This Post:

Bluegreen (8th September 2019), justntime2learn (8th September 2019), Omi (8th September 2019), Wind (8th September 2019)

27. Link to Post #314
    Thanks

Hello everyone,

For today's meditation, I wanted to share and practice the 'Five Mindfulness Trainings' by Thich Nhat Hanh.

As one of the many ways to practice meditation, I recently came across this and felt that the purpose of it could be very helpful and beneficial for our world today.

Looking forward to our meditation, with much love

@20:00 AEST
    @18:00 BST

"The Five Mindfulness Trainings are one of the most concrete ways to practice mindfulness. They are nonsectarian and their nature is universal. They are really the practices of compassion and understanding. All spiritual traditions have their equivalent to the fie mindfulness trainings as guidelines, signposts for how to respond to all of the varied and sometimes unhealthy choices that are available in our society."

The First Training - to protect life, decrease violence in oneself, in the family, and in society.

Aware of the suffering caused by the destruction of life, I vow to cultivate compassion and learn ways to protect the lives of people, animals, plants, and minerals. I am determined not to kill, not to let others kill, and not to condone any act of killing in the world, in my thinking, and in my way of life.

The Second Training - to practice social justice, generosity, not stealing, and not exploiting other living beings.

Aware of the suffering caused by exploitation, social injustice, stealing, and oppression, I vow to cultivate loving kindness and learn ways to work for the well-being of people, animals, plants, and minerals. I vow to practice generosity by sharing my time, energy, and material resources with those in real need. I am determined not to steal and not to possess anything that should belong to others. I will respect the property of others, but I will prevent others from profiting from human suffering or the suffering of other species on Earth.

The Third Training - the practice of responsible sexual behavior

Aware of the suffering caused by sexual misconduct, I vow to cultivate responsibility and learn ways to protect the safety and integrity of individuals, couples, families, and society. I am determined not to engage in sexual relations without love and a long-term commitment. To preserve the happiness of myself and others, I am determined to respect my commitments and the commitments of others. I will do everything in my power to protect children from sexual abuse and to prevent couples and families from being broken by sexual misconduct.

The Fourth Training - the practice of deep listening and loving speech

Aware of the suffering caused by unmindful speech and the inability to listen to others, I vow to cultivate loving speech and deep listening in order to bring joy and happiness to others and relieve others of suffering. Knowing that words can create happiness or suffering, I vow to learn to speak truthfully, with words that inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope. I am determined not to spread news that I do not know to be certain and not to criticize or condemn things of which I am not sure. I will refrain from uttering words that can cause division or discord, or words that can cause the family or the community to break. I will make all efforts to reconcile and resolve all conflicts, however small.

The Fifth Training - mindful consumption

Aware of the suffering caused by unmindful consumption, I vow to cultivate good health, both physical and mental, for myself, my family, and my society by practicing mindful eating, drinking, and consuming. I vow to ingest only items that preserve peace, well-being, and joy in my body, in my consciousness, and in the collective body and consciousness of my family and society. I am determined not to use alcohol or any other intoxicant or to ingest foods or other items that contain toxins, such as certain TV programs, magazines, books, films, and conversation. I am aware that to damage my body and my consciousness with these poisons is to betray my ancestors, my parents, my society, and future generations. I will work to transform violence, fear, anger, and confusion in myself and in society by practicing a diet for myself and for society. I understand that a proper diet is crucial for self-transformation and the transformation of society.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Bluegreen (22nd September 2019), Forest Denizen (22nd September 2019), justntime2learn (22nd September 2019), Wind (22nd September 2019), wondering (22nd September 2019)

29. Link to Post #315
    Thanks

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Baby Steps (23rd September 2019), Bluegreen (23rd September 2019), Forest Denizen (23rd September 2019), justntime2learn (23rd September 2019), Wind (24th September 2019), wondering (26th September 2019)

31. Link to Post #316
    Thanks

Excerpt from 'The Adventure of Meditation' from the book 'Instructions for Spiritual Living' by Paul Brunton.

Quote "In your innermost being you are already as divine as you are ever likely to be. Hence, no interior training can give you what you already possess, but a suitable training can help to give you the consciousness of what you possess. No practical system can develop a Soul for you, for it is already there, but an adequate system can lead you into the awareness of it. And among the meditation exercises that must necessarily stand foremost in such a system, no single one is absolute and indispensable. There is no universal formula for the practice of meditation suited to all people at all times. It is not advantageous to aspirants to repose in the bed of one formula during their whole lifetime. The philosophic ideals of a balanced development and an equilibrated personality would alone forbid it. On the contrary, they will find it necessary to use different exercises at different periods of their mystical career."

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Forest Denizen (26th September 2019), justntime2learn (25th September 2019), Wind (25th September 2019), wondering (26th September 2019)

33. Link to Post #317
    Thanks

Hello everyone,

For our group meditation this Sunday, we will focus our intentions of healing for people who are suffering from Benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome.

Anyone who has been prescribed Benzodiazepine has the possibility of developing this withdrawal syndrome depending on how much and how long they use it. We encourage everyone to take a moment to get to know what this pharmaceutical drug is, how it can affect our health in more harmful ways and to stay away from it.

We can also focus on healing other drug addictions too.

What are the big pharma companies doing? I'd just say it's a racket.

More written here by Omi:

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Forest Denizen (29th September 2019), justntime2learn (30th September 2019), Omi (29th September 2019)

35. Link to Post #318
    Thanks

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Baby Steps (30th September 2019), Bluegreen (30th September 2019), Forest Denizen (30th September 2019), justntime2learn (30th September 2019), Wind (30th September 2019)

37. Link to Post #319
    Thanks

The meditation starts about in 15 minutes, feel free to join!

This Sunday's meditation will be focusing on sending healing to animals including our pets and wildlife. We may want to reflect on our relationship with animals, including livestock.

Why are we causing so much damage to nature and the animals living there? For example why are whales still being hunted by countries such as Norway and Japan? Why are there so many homeless dogs and cats? Why do we still consume so much meat in our daily lives, which in order has created the horrific meat industry with all the inhumane processes? Why do we have love for our pets, but we cannot extend that same care and love to all living beings and to animals that are being (ab)used?

It is well-known that animals have feelings, they can feel pain, fear and empathy too.

Quote Empathic disconnection (or alienation) is a modern, emotional disease that is spreading rapidly, and its implications are very serious indeed. Empathy is the key to societal harmony. It is the building block of kindness, of compassion towards all our fellow beings – human and animal. It is the fundamental building block of nonviolence and peace, in fact.

The links between animal cruelty or indifference to animal pain and suffering and cruelty towards other humans, and indifference to their plight, are well-documented. Those who kill and maim start by first killing and maiming animals. A hardness of heart and an active indifference is cultivated most frequently through animal victims.

Animal cruelty incidences are shockingly on the up. More than 150 billion animals are killed every year for their flesh alone and this is only set to increase as human population figures spiral ever further out of control. Contrary to popular assumptions, animal vivisection has also been increasing year on year. In excess of 100 million animals die in often agonizing laboratory experiments annually.The scale of animal suffering is at a terrible, all-time high.

Our society is also rapidly changing with conflicting social mores and ethics challenging what little protection animals currently have under existing legislation. Exemptions for so-called ‘religious’ slaughter is a particularly pressing case, as healthy young calves, for example, can take an agonizing 20 minutes to die using kosher and halal methods - during which they are also fully conscious.Measures are now desperately needed to cultivate more compassion.

But the majority of children are born loving animals. In fact it is this natural love and desire to help and protect them, this identification of commonality (and beautiful difference) which helps them to form positive relationships with their fellow human beings too.

But whilst children are encouraged to feel empathy for animals and kinship with them for the first few years of their life (the Benjamin Bunny/Peppa Pig ‘phase’), their natural empathy is deliberately socially conditioned out of them once they reach eight or nine, and certainly by early pubescence. Those who still display their natural concern, who still feel a strong bond are derided as sentimental, childish, unrealistic and ‘over-soft.’ Society does all it can to harden them up, and to ridicule them - in preparation for their blind collusion in lucrative animal exploitation, and in preparation for other forms of societal violence and competition.

Compassion and empathy are being routinely, culturally destroyed.

Animals are sentient, conscious and sapient, just as we are. There is so much more that unites us, than that separates us. But the facts and figures are tragically too vast, too abstract, too distant and overwhelming to engage the vast majority.

We desperately need to connect again: individual to individual, eye to eye, heart to heart. We need to find ways to reverse negative social conditioning, and develop a more creative (rather than destructive), compassionate and kind society – for all beings.”

Source
    More info here written by me.

Last edited by Wind; 6th October 2019 at 16:49.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Forest Denizen (6th October 2019), justntime2learn (6th October 2019), Omi (6th October 2019)

39. Link to Post #320
    Thanks

We're starting the group meditation in a few minutes!
    Healing intentions will be focused on animals including pets, wildlife, and livestock.

Much love and light to our fuzzy furry friends ♡

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Forest Denizen (6th October 2019), justntime2learn (6th October 2019), Wind (6th October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst 1 6 16 22 LastLast