+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast

Thread: False Missile Alert over Hawaii

1. Link to Post #81
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,622 times in 602 posts

Default Re: False Missile Alert over Hawaii

I understood that the NSA has a huge data store in Hawaii to which Trump needed access as part of his "deep state" witchhunt and has not been able to access it. This one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii_Cryptologic_Center

The purpose of the missile alert was to trigger the emergency migration of that data store to the US mainland where access was possible. That is an automatic mechanism apparently in the event of an imminent nuclear attack on Hawaii.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEz_leHM-nU
    Last edited by indigopete; 21st January 2018 at 22:12.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to indigopete For This Post:

Debra (23rd January 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd January 2018), Franny (2nd February 2018), Harley (21st January 2018), justntime2learn (22nd January 2018), Mercedes (22nd January 2018), Michelle Marie (23rd January 2018), mountain_jim (21st January 2018), Ron Mauer Sr (21st January 2018), Wind (22nd January 2018)

3. Link to Post #82
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Soooo... it now seems that the alert was real... and that there was a real missile... and that it did get shot down...

From Jim Stone:
    CONFIRMED BY WITNESSES: MISSILE SHOT DOWN

A chartered vessel with 9 tour boat guides and about 13 tourists witnessed some type of explosion in the sky about 100 NM offshore of Maui at the time the nuclear alert went off in Hawaii. Witnesses that were in a light house 100 miles away also saw the explosion, which would mean it had to be huge and visible from two different vantage points at least 100 miles apart. This would likely have been a nuclear weapon used to take down another nuclear weapon. SEE THIS

Update on the linked video:

Marfoogle Watutu Streamed live on Jan 21, 2018

So far I have had people telling me this IS TRUE, at least a dozen residents have come forward and said they did see a flash or felt a blast of air on the SE side of Maui, I am in no way saying this is a fact...what I am saying is there are now people coming forward saying they saw something blow up off Island. If anyone can proove this as fake I will retract what I put, My channel is supposed to be all vetted and correct so I will gladly take this back. As it sits Secure team 10 also posted my video and he got over 6k comments and more and more people are saying this was not a false warning. at this point Joe rogans people have reached out to me to confirm and I just want everyone to think outside the box
    Last edited by Hervé; 23rd January 2018 at 02:44.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (23rd January 2018), Baby Steps (29th January 2018), Debra (23rd January 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd January 2018), justntime2learn (23rd January 2018), Michelle Marie (23rd January 2018), sunwings (26th January 2018)

5. Link to Post #83
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

I suppose it is possible that ETs took it out. That would be interesting to know.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Baby Steps (29th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd January 2018), justntime2learn (23rd January 2018), Michelle Marie (24th January 2018), sunwings (26th January 2018)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

This is all fantastic information.

We're still here!

Thanks Herve, that's a lot of great information and I will finish going through it in the morning as I was just headed off to bed LOL.

I guess my first question would be whether it was a ballistic or a cruise missile. Seems like you would have a much better chance at seeing an explosion if it was a cruise missile. If it was ballistic then it would have had to have been hit pretty quick in the Boost phase I would think.
    Last edited by justntime2learn; 23rd January 2018 at 04:14.
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bob (23rd January 2018), Foxie Loxie (3rd February 2018), Hervé (23rd January 2018), Michelle Marie (24th January 2018)

9. Link to Post #85
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Asking a question - (or three, reality check..)

This part of the assumption of the "report" will try to make sense out of "witness statements" that the explosion lit up the entire sky in the daylight (long after sunrise).. Therefore..

Who tours 100 nautical miles west of Maui, in 12,000 - 15,000 foot deep water? Where there are no features to look at for instance (see map).

Who has not one tour guide but 9 tour guides 100 nautical miles west of Maui (with "tourists")?
    At 0800 AM in the MORNING? Anybody "touring" out there would have had to have left like 0300 AM in the morning under the cover of darkness. WHO in their right minds would do that?

Here below is a map of Maui and the surrounding islands, with a 115 mile (about 100 nautical miles) radius drawn around the leeward side (as interpreted in the report statement)..

This original story was posted January 19th on Intellihub website: https://www.intellihub.com/claim-haw...missile-alert/

Quote By Lexi Morgan - January 19, 2018
    A man’s sister told him a group of boaters witnessed an aerial explosion about 100 NM offshore around 8:00 a.m. last Saturday morning

SOUTH PACIFIC (INTELLIHUB) — A man posted a video to YouTube on Sunday in which he claims his sister, who lives on Maui, heard that a group of 9 tour boat guides and about 13 tourists witnessed some type of explosion in the sky about 100 NM offshore (leeward side.)

“They said it looked like a meteor and then all of a sudden it was a big boom and it lit up the entire sky,” he explained. “It was at eight o’clock in the morning.”

“Maybe this wasn’t a drill after all,” he said. “I would think that the United States would not want to cause more panic if they did launch something at Hawaii — they would say it was a mistake.”
    Anybody else see anything out-reality with this "story" ?

A potential shot of 4600 miles from North Korea (Mainland)

There then is the question if such a missile was there 100 nm off the west coast of Maui, who would have shot it down? From where?

There is scuttle-butt on the internet that the "Missile" was launched from an Israeli Dolphin 2 submarine. (exopolitics - http://exopolitics.org/the-secret-na...ack-on-hawaii/)

Anybody care to compute the cost of fuel for a "tourboat" to have like 500 nm worth of fuel on board with lets say 200 nm worth of fuel burned?

Now, Let's take another approach, re-interpreting the "Quote" a different way - this section:

Quote 8:00 a.m. last Saturday morning
    SOUTH PACIFIC (INTELLIHUB) — A man posted a video to YouTube on Sunday in which he claims his sister, who lives on Maui, heard that a group of 9 tour boat guides and about 13 tourists witnessed some type of explosion in the sky about 100 NM offshore (leeward side.)

“They said it looked like a meteor and then all of a sudden it was a big boom and it lit up the entire sky,” he explained. “It was at eight o’clock in the morning.”
    A big "boom" "then it lit up the entire sky". That is out of sequence, isn't it? Light travels faster than sound. And how can a BOOM from 100 nautical miles away be heard? Or felt as a wind?

Here is a picture in the morning what the sky looks like looking WEST (into the Pacific), off Wailea Maui. It is a nice BRIGHT BLUE..

How is anyone going to know where 115 miles is (100 nautical miles) "in the sky" from the Island (assuming the report from the private "lighthouse" was accurate too), to make an accurate observation (without landmarks) that observed "lit up the entire sky" (in the bright morning daylight).. Meteor's are not noted for from 100 miles away lighting up the entire sky in daylight, right??

Afternoon sunset shot, showing how "lit up the sky can be" during sunset.

A daylight meteor explosion example:

So could this "explosion" have been a meteor - https://www.space.com/25763-brillian...eor-video.html and not the "missile" allegedly "exploded" ?

It just seems there are too many "definites" (like 100 nm out) made by lay people who could not most likely, accurately report how high a jet airliner is flying to be able to then "cite with accuracy" 100 nm out is where it blew up and lit up the (daylight) sky..

It seems something is not making sense.

One more "oddity" - the video poster says this :

Quote So far I have had people telling me this IS TRUE, at least a dozen residents have come forward and said they did see a flash or felt a blast of air on the SE side of Maui, I am in no way saying this is a fact...what I am saying is there are now people coming forward saying they saw something blow up off Island.
    The original quote emphasizes - LEEWARD
    explosion in the sky about 100 NM offshore (leeward side.)

On Maui the LEEWARD side is the SW not the SE. ( The incredulity continues it seems... )

Last edited by Bob; 23rd January 2018 at 06:06.

10. Link to Post #86
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    [...]
    Who tours 100 nautical miles west of Maui, in 12,000 - 15,000 foot deep water? Where there are no features to look at for instance (see map).
    [...]
    Well from this better expressed quote:

One can get the idea that it is the explosion that was 100 NM off shore... not the tour boat(s) nor the witnesses per se...

A big "boom" "then it lit up the entire sky". That is out of sequence, isn't it? Light travels faster than sound. And how can a BOOM from 100 nautical miles away be heard? Or felt as a wind?
    What about a supersonic object? In that case the sonic "boom" (which is an air propagated choc wave) could occur prior to an eventual explosion since it is unrelated to said explosion. The "boom" from the explosion itself may not have been heard nor felt.

... so on, so forth...

What's missing are videos and/or pictures from said tourists on a tour boat... I've never heard of tourists on a scenic tour go along without a damn camera...

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (23rd January 2018), Ewan (24th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd January 2018), Harley (23rd January 2018), justntime2learn (23rd January 2018), Michelle Marie (24th January 2018), Nasu (30th January 2018), thunder24 (23rd January 2018)

12. Link to Post #87
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

A supersonic wave isn't going to travel faster than the light flash. I believe the report is bogus as far as a "missile". The point about who can accurately describe 100 nm away for an explosion is made. Also the expression that the SouthEast part of the island experienced a wind blast (from the explosion it is alluded). SE part of the island experiences wind, as it IS the windward side of the island. That the initial witnesses reports LEEWARD is different from the fellow's comments of SE side which is WINDWARD. The whole thing stinks IMHO. Sound before light, full sky explosion in daylight.. Very hard to believe, pushes incredulous.. As far as the first part of the conjecture made, an explosion that fast to be heard no doubt would need one to be right under the explosion. Meaning 100 nm out is where they would have to be under if one is to believe any aspect of the "claim".. that the explosion happened so quickly with a "flash".

We could go on and on about people being able to judge without reference points, how far something small is away. It is a waste of time IMHO to try to debate people's ability to judge sizes (and distances) without known reference points.

Inability to judge size (and thereby DISTANCE): https://midimagic.sgc-hosting.com/ufopercp.htm -

Quote The human visual system is primarily adapted to simple close-up work. It fails miserably when someone tries to do any of the following tasks:

The visual system can't determine the actual size, actual distance, actual speed, or actual altitude of an unknown object. Human vision needs some of the following clues to accurately report any of these values:

Lens Accommodation: The object must be within 20 feet of the witness. People with presbyopia lose the ability to make this test, and glasses cannot restore it.

Eyeball convergence: The object must be within 30 feet of the witness, and the witness must have two good eyes. Many people can't do this beyond 20 feet.

Parallax: The object must be within 250 feet of the witness, and other objects at known distances must be in the same central vision field. The witness must have two good eyes.

CAVEAT: Witnesses tend to place the UFO at the same distance as a nearby landmark is at, if they are unable to use parallax correctly due to a substantial angle between the landmark and the UFO.

Perspective: The object must be visibly in contact with a surface that maintains a perspective order to the objects on it (e.g. the ground). The maximum distance depends on the contour of the surface, and on the periodicity of known objects on the surface, but a mile is achievable with an adequate number of objects on flat ground, and many miles can be observed accurately from certain high places.

CAVEAT: The sky cannot be considered as a perspective surface, since nothing can touch it at a known place. Many visual illusions are caused by the sky appearing to be a plane surface.

CAVEAT: Faulty perspective effects can also cause the witness to overestimate the angular size of any UFO. (any object that is "unindentified" which is "flying".. Not necessarily a manned craft)

Scattering: Intervening air scatters light into the path of observation, causing the object to look lighter and bluer than it is. Unfortunately, if the true color of the object is unknown, then this effect is not very useful.

Overlap: If the object passes in front of objects at known distances, and behind objects at known distances, then the estimate of actual distance can be constrained to be between the known values.

CAVEAT: Halation from a very bright object can appear to overlap a nearer object. This happens because halation occurs within the retina of the eye, inside photographic film, or within a TV camera's sensor array.

Cast shadows: If a known light source causes the object to cast a shadow in a known location, then the location of the object can be estimated.

CAVEAT: Remember that the sun is at infinity for the purpose of measuring shadows.

Light propagation: If the unknown object is a light source, the way its light shines on other objects and casts shadows can be used to locate its position relative to the other objects.

CAVEAT: Some other source may have actually shone the light on the other objects.

Familiarity: If the observer knows the exact identity of the object, then its true size is in mind. The observed angular size than gives him a rough (well within one order of magnitude) idea of distance, speed, and altitude. This is how trained observers can spot airplanes and report their distances, speeds, and altitudes over a distance of several miles.

CAVEAT: This training cannot extend to unknown objects, since the true size is unknown. It only works with familiar objects.

CAVEAT: If the observer guesses at the identity or size of the object, this guess then distorts the impressions of size, distance, speed, and altitude in all further observations, unless something occurs to strongly contradict the guess.

CAVEAT: UFO witnesses tend to guess a size in the range of a human carrying vehicle.

Instrumentation: If the observer has a device that can find distance by widened parallax (or widened convergence), it can increase the distance that can be measured.

CAVEAT: This still requires objects of known distance in the visual field, unless instruments and calibrations for convergence are present.

Multiple Witnesses: While each witness can form an individual estimate of size or distance that is way off, if they are far enough apart, and if their observations can be reconstructed to be synchronous in space and time, the object can be accurately located.

Visual impressions of size or speed can simply be scaled to get the true values.
    Absolutely agree, why no people with cameras running.. We could assume that there would be some sort of smoke or debris, which could have been image captured, long after the "purported explosion".
    Last edited by Bob; 23rd January 2018 at 16:12.

13. Link to Post #88
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Harley's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,344 times in 1,378 posts

Uh huh.

-----------------------------------------
    Hawaii 'Button-Pusher' Refuses To Work With Investigators . . .

HAWAII 8 hours ago
    Hawaii left reeling after missile threat false alarm
    The infamous “button-pusher” who sent out a false missile alert that caused chaos across the Hawaiian Islands earlier this month is now refusing to work with federal and internal investigators, a top Federal Communications Commission official said Thursday.

The unidentified Hawaii Emergency Management Agency official has backed off working with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) -- and also has refused to work with two internal Hawaii Emergency Management Agency (HI-EMA) investigations, The Star Advertiser reported.

The FCC’s Homeland Security Bureau chief Lisa Fowlkes confirmed this at a Senate hearing on Thursday saying that while HI-EMA leaders have cooperated, “we are disappointed, however, that one key employee, the person who transmitted the false alert, is refusing to cooperate with our investigation.”

“We hope that person will reconsider,” Fowlkes added.

On January 13, a civil defense employee at HI-EMA accidently sent out an alert that notified more than a million people in Hawaii that they were about to be struck by a nuclear missile. Some 38 minutes passed before HI-EMA officials sent an alert to people's phones confirming the false alarm.

That employee has since been temporarily reassigned within the agency as the investigation continues.
    Harley

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Harley For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th January 2018), Bob (26th January 2018), DNA (26th January 2018), Ewan (30th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th January 2018), Hervé (26th January 2018), Innocent Warrior (29th January 2018), justntime2learn (27th January 2018), KiwiElf (26th January 2018), Nasu (30th January 2018), Wind (26th January 2018)

15. Link to Post #89
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

15 days after the 'accidental' false alarms...

From Stars And Stripes (51 mins ago) -

Sales of fighters, missile defense systems push Lockheed Martin's revenue to new heights

Quote Lockheed Martin, the world's largest defense contractor, reported record annual sales of $51 billion on Monday, up from $47.2 billion a year earlier, as the Bethesda, Maryland-based company saw growth in all four of its major business divisions.

In a call with analysts, Lockheed Martin chief executive Marillyn Hewson said much of the growth was driven by sales of its F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, which is ramping up production. The firm's profits were helped along by sales of the Terminal High Altitude Air Defense (THAAD) and PAC-3 missile defense systems, which have received increased international interest amid an escalating nuclear stand-off with North Korea. And the company also benefited from a GOP-sponsored tax reform bill that slashed corporate tax rates, allowing the company to fund its pension requirements through 2021.
    Full article.

Report Calls for New Steps for Integrated Air and Missile Defense (Air Force Magazine, 20 hours ago)

Lockheed Martin receives $459M THAAD contract from US Missile Defense Agency (Army Recognition press release, 11 hours ago)
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Baby Steps (29th January 2018), Bill Ryan (30th January 2018), Cidersomerset (30th January 2018), Ewan (30th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (29th January 2018), Franny (2nd February 2018), Hervé (29th January 2018), justntime2learn (29th January 2018), Nasu (30th January 2018), onevoice (29th January 2018), Ron Mauer Sr (29th January 2018), seko (31st January 2018), Wind (29th January 2018)

17. Link to Post #90
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Of course this will be the official answer unless something gets leaked
    and its very convenient the employee wishes to stay anonymous. Ok
    it could be true but it always seems suspicious.

Hawaii false missile alert blamed on human error

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PebM5gZLZjw

Published on 30 Jan 2018...CBS News...
    The FCC is blaming human error and faulty safeguards for a false missile alert that
    set off a panic in Hawaii earlier this month. The FCC said the panic started when an
    employee mistook a drill for a real warning about a missile threat, and sent the warning.

================================================
    ================================================

Michael Rivero was on Hawaii on the day and comments on the event and
    thinks as a similar event happened in Japan two days later and since there
    was already a drill going on it may have been to test civil reaction to a real
    or false flag attack....first 7 mins of interview....

Michael Rivero On The Hawaiian Missile Crisis, Gender Wars, Trump's America & More

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9_HECgthpM
    Published on 26 Jan 2018...Ritchie Allen...
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 30th January 2018 at 23:40.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th January 2018), justntime2learn (30th January 2018), KiwiElf (30th January 2018)

19. Link to Post #91
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Are we the United States of Lockheed Martin now?!!

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th January 2018), Franny (2nd February 2018), Hervé (30th January 2018), justntime2learn (30th January 2018), KiwiElf (30th January 2018), Nasu (30th January 2018), Ron Mauer Sr (2nd February 2018)

21. Link to Post #92
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Are we the United States of Lockheed Martin now?!!
    It is with that kind of corporations that one can come to realize that a "False Flag" may not necessarily be the work of some nation's government since, now, any of these big corporations can create their own for their own benefits.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (31st January 2018), Franny (2nd February 2018), justntime2learn (30th January 2018), KiwiElf (2nd February 2018), Nasu (30th January 2018)

23. Link to Post #93
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,057 times in 2,419 posts

Quote Posted by Harley (here)
    Uh huh.

Hawaii 'Button-Pusher' Refuses To Work With Investigators . . .

HAWAII 8 hours ago
    Hawaii left reeling after missile threat false alarm
    The infamous “button-pusher” who sent out a false missile alert that caused chaos across the Hawaiian Islands earlier this month is now refusing to work with federal and internal investigators, a top Federal Communications Commission official said Thursday.

The unidentified Hawaii Emergency Management Agency official has backed off working with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) -- and also has refused to work with two internal Hawaii Emergency Management Agency (HI-EMA) investigations, The Star Advertiser reported.

The FCC’s Homeland Security Bureau chief Lisa Fowlkes confirmed this at a Senate hearing on Thursday saying that while HI-EMA leaders have cooperated, “we are disappointed, however, that one key employee, the person who transmitted the false alert, is refusing to cooperate with our investigation.”

“We hope that person will reconsider,” Fowlkes added.

On January 13, a civil defense employee at HI-EMA accidently sent out an alert that notified more than a million people in Hawaii that they were about to be struck by a nuclear missile. Some 38 minutes passed before HI-EMA officials sent an alert to people's phones confirming the false alarm.

That employee has since been temporarily reassigned within the agency as the investigation continues.
    This story reeks as if part of a cover up of what really went down (or up then down) that day. Try to refuse to cooperate with an internal or police investigation of something this serious and see what happens. From a criminal law standpoint one would have to take the fifth amendment against self incrimination in order to keep your mouth shut. To do that you must either be the target of a criminal investigation or have a reasonable objective belief that you will imminently be such a target. Which is not out of the question in this case.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Cidersomerset (1st February 2018), Ewan (31st January 2018), Foxie Loxie (31st January 2018), Hervé (2nd February 2018), justntime2learn (30th January 2018)

25. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

Alex's inside contact Zaq says it was a false flag event....

A missile fired from a submarine off the north Korean coast which
    was shot down soon after. It was not fired by North Korea....

Whistle-Blower: Hawaii ICBM Alert Was Real, US Shot Down Missile

The Alex Jones Channel ...Speaks to Zaq...

Published on 1 Feb 2018
    Alex Jones speaks with an insider contact who
    blows the whistle on a former false flag event.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 2nd February 2018 at 00:00.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd February 2018), Helene West (2nd February 2018), justntime2learn (1st February 2018), KiwiElf (2nd February 2018)

27. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    Alex's inside contact Zaq says it was a false flag event....

Whistle-Blower: Hawaii ICBM Alert Was Real, US Shot Down Missile

The Alex Jones Channel ...Speaks to Zaq...

Published on 1 Feb 2018
    Alex Jones speaks with an insider contact who
    blows the whistle on a former false flag event.
    Thinks Cider,

Sounds pretty credible to me. I even heard a bump for Q Anon.

Wow, what would we use to take out a missile so quick?

I really need these daily doses of reality.

and they think I'm crazy lol
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Cidersomerset (2nd February 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd February 2018), Helene West (2nd February 2018)

29. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

Quote Wow, what would we use to take out a missile so quick?
    If true ? conventionally the Aegis missile defence system would be
    one of the front line defence systems based in and off South Korea
    and else where in the pacific theatre....

How It Works: Detecting a North Korean Missile Strike on Guam
    Center for Strategic & International Studies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPgRm2ApspE
    Published on 28 Aug 2017
    In early August, North Korea threatened to launch four ballistic missiles towards
    Guam, targeting waters less than 30 kilo meters off the island’s coast. How and
    when would U.S. missile defence forces respond if an attack like this were to take
    place? Written and produced by the CSIS Aerospace Security Project and the CSIS
    Missile Defence Project, in conjunction with the CSIS iDeas Lab. Narrated by Todd
    Harrison and Tom Karako.

Aegis: Capable. Proven. Deployed

Published on 21 Mar 2017
    Aegis is the world’s most advanced combat system and
    pushes the boundaries of innovation. http://lmt.co/2nZVD8L

http://gentleseas.blogspot.co.uk/201...eterrence.html

==================================================
    ==================================================

Not so confident and a call for more defence $$$

How reliable is the US missile defense system?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GEqRIqjRSk
    Published on 9 Aug 2017..Fox News.
    North Korea's nuclear program raises questions about U.S. readiness
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 2nd February 2018 at 00:27.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd February 2018), justntime2learn (2nd February 2018)

31. Link to Post #97
    Thanks

A bit off topic, but wasn't it Aegis that was rendered useless on the USS Donald Cook?

The anonymous person said it was taken out immediately. I was kind of curious whether a person pushed the button or if it was 'automated' .

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Cidersomerset (2nd February 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd February 2018)

33. Link to Post #98
    Thanks

Quote bit off topic, but wasn't it Aegis that was rendered useless on the USS Donald Cook?
    Yeah you are right and this Russian news report is completely open about it.
    This would also explain the Fox report and Trump giving billions to the mil
    ind complex. As an aside it has been suggested that bodies within the US
    gave mil secrets to its enemies during the cold war through to today so
    as to have a viable enemy to keep their own mil industries going.

Russia's Electronic Weapons Can Easily Neutralize the U.S. Air Force And Ships

Published on 16 Apr 2017

Quote The anonymous person said it was taken out immediately. I was kind of
    curious whether a person pushed the button or if it was 'automated' .
    I don't know .....
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 2nd February 2018 at 01:03.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

35. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

Interesting and may query the shootdown theory or not ?

US missile defense test fails in Hawaii – officials

Published on 1 Feb 2018
    A SM-3 Block IIA missile was launched from an Aegis Ashore test site in Hawaii,
    but failed to shoot down an incoming dummy missile launched from an aircraft,
    an official told Reuters. CNN also reported on the failure, сiting several administration
    officials. READ MORE: https://on.rt.com/8y64

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

37. Link to Post #100
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    Interesting and may query the shootdown theory or not ?

US missile defense test fails in Hawaii – officials

Published on 1 Feb 2018
    A SM-3 Block IIA missile was launched from an Aegis Ashore test site in Hawaii,
    but failed to shoot down an incoming dummy missile launched from an aircraft,
    an official told Reuters. CNN also reported on the failure, сiting several administration
    officials. READ MORE: https://on.rt.com/8y64
    I may just go crazy arriving a conclusion and how accurate would that be?

Again, this sounds completely plausible, but I'm not sure how much I trust the Pentagon as a reliable source.

Cider, do you think phased-array radar is what the US is counting on for an umbrella?

I really appreciate all the info so quickly and wished I could have responded sooner, however we were out to dinner with my daughter last night.

After sending the RT article to my cousin in Hawaii his response was, "Yep, of course we heard about that right away. It's not an exact science yet."

Will we ever know the truth And then how sure will we be?

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Cidersomerset (2nd February 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd February 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast