Thread: Stop watching TV ..........

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Default Re: Stop watching TV ..........

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    Well, petra,
    I started to reply with gloom and doom statements but erased a few sentences.
    To add to my previous post about avoiding plastic and aluminum, I don't use fluoridated toothpaste
    and had mercury removed from my teeth by a qualified dentist.
    Be well.......
    Oh geez, last thing I want to do is be spreading doom and gloom! I'll try to be more careful with my terrible sense of humor. Laughing at awful stuff is my weird way of coping with it I guess.

I've heard rumors that "flouride makes people stupid" and although I don't understand why, I find it kind of scary to think of considering a lot of people have flouride in their water supply. Ref Water Flouridation in Canada here.

I think there's cause for concern with injesting too much mercury as well, I try to avoid tuna now. This article from edf.org talks about tuna sandwiches in kids lunchboxes being a staple in the first sentence, and then in it goes on to say "highly toxic" in the next sentence. It's really hard not to roll my eyes.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

East Sun (19th January 2018), Michelle Marie (18th January 2018), Smell the Roses (18th January 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Smell the Roses's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 times in 285 posts

Petra, there was a Harvard study in recent years about fluoride reducing children's IQs. You could search it up if you are interested in the details. Extra fluoride in the water in the USA was started near where I live, in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Their reasoning was that they were searching out the reason why a certain population had very hard, but discolored teeth that were resistant to decay. It turns out that their water was naturally more fluoridated. Some groundwater has more fluoride than others, but the people in the old study justifying fluoridation clearly had fluorosis. So they are supposedly giving people enough fluoride to have hard teeth but not enough to get fluorosis. It's ridiculous that so many Americans accept being medicated through their tap water. If people want to avoid tooth decay, they can avoid sugar and be sure to brush their teeth between meals. They don't need the state getting involved.

Regarding TV, I actually watch more now than I used to. I've gone through times of not having a TV, but we have one now, largely due to my husband. I rarely watch the broadcast TV, but have found some enjoyment recently in watching it as an art form and watching shows about how to be a better cook.

Quote Posted by petra (here)

Oh geez, last thing I want to do is be spreading doom and gloom! I'll try to be more careful with my terrible sense of humor. Laughing at awful stuff is my weird way of coping with it I guess.

I've heard rumors that "flouride makes people stupid" and although I don't understand why, I find it kind of scary to think of considering a lot of people have flouride in their water supply. Ref Water Flouridation in Canada here.

I think there's cause for concern with injesting too much mercury as well, I try to avoid tuna now. This article from edf.org talks about tuna sandwiches in kids lunchboxes being a staple in the first sentence, and then in it goes on to say "highly toxic" in the next sentence. It's really hard not to roll my eyes.
    There's no time like the present.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smell the Roses For This Post:

East Sun (19th January 2018), Michelle Marie (18th January 2018), petra (18th January 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,651 times in 1,409 posts

TV is SOOO bad I got netflix.....when my sub is up I won't be renewing, the only things on there I found worth watching was Stranger Things & La Mante.......the stuff on there generally is so poor or boring I ended up watching Red Dwarf

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (18th January 2018), Michelle Marie (18th January 2018), petra (18th January 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

My 71 year old mother who refuses to ever touch a cellphone or computer learned to use Netflix (through the TV using the TV remote) when she was particularly irritated at me scrolling too fast through the screens She can now navigate around through the categories, pick a movie, and make it play. I'm kind of proud of her. She's bedridden for the time being, so there's really not a lot for her to do other than read or watch TV.

Her taste in movies is not the same as mine There have been times I have actually left the house to get away from the TV....especially if there's a particularly annoying show on.

Reminds me of the time I got chased out of my bedroom by a spider.... ha ha

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (18th January 2018), Michelle Marie (18th January 2018), Smell the Roses (19th January 2018), Spiral (18th January 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,098 times in 2,584 posts

Quote Posted by jagman (here)
    i think PA should have a day where we all go and get in touch with nature. I have a favorite but its to damn cold outside right now.lol mine goes something like(its a spring evening about 72 degrees sitting in the outfield of my sons basball team.the grass is freshly cut.We take. Off our shoes and put our feet on the ground. The son is starting set. I tell josh its time to go and he says just a a few more minutes dad and i say ok son)
    I'm trying bare feet on the ground therapy for health and resonance. Just did it this morning and yesterday. Before noon is supposed to be best. (Did I get that from another thread?)

I agree. Getting out in nature...

Today, I'm going for a walk with a friend.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (18th January 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,581 times in 1,719 posts

Hey petra,

It was me who mentioned gloom and doom. You're off the hook as of now.

But being aware of potential health problems is an absolute must where family and we are
    concerned.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Smell the Roses (24th January 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2