+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: Synchronicity

1. Link to Post #21
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Joe from the Carolinas's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,955 times in 995 posts

Default Re: Synchronicity

Great idea for a topic Perhaps my most memorable recent example of synchronicity happened when I was in a hospital room, visiting and talking with the person who had just been diagnosed with advanced cancer. We got to talking about hope. Keep in mind this is in the southern US bible belt, so around these parts when folks talk about spirituality, it's couched under the heading of "god".

Anyways, I'm there for about 15 minutes, chit chatting, and the person says to me, "I just feel like god forgot about me, I wish he would give me a sign that he's still there". As the same moment she said the words, "still there", there's a knock on the door, and the hospital chaplain walks in.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

Aurvandil (19th January 2018), Bill Ryan (18th January 2018), BMJ (24th January 2018), Ewan (18th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (18th January 2018), gaiagirl (25th January 2018), happyuk (21st January 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th January 2018), Matthew (18th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), Noelle (20th January 2018), petra (20th January 2018), Valerie Villars (18th January 2018), Valley (19th January 2018), Wind (18th January 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,053 times in 2,398 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    When a meaningful coincidence happens, against impossible odds, there HAS to be some other factor operating.

It seems to me that this absolutely supports the idea that consciousness is senior to 'hard physical reality' — at least some of the time.

And, potentially — this is the exciting part, that these little signs all point to — ALL of the time.
    And the scary part? - some psychopaths actually understand that and spend their time visualising the chaos that they profit from, whilst the rest of us wander around in apathy bleating "What can I do about it?"

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

BMJ (24th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th January 2018), gaiagirl (25th January 2018), Matthew (18th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), Noelle (20th January 2018), petra (20th January 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

I see an awful amount of people here and elsewhere that are standing up and who have courage. Screw the dummies. They'll try to destroy us, but they can't. And that is said from personal experience. Some people have a lot of heart.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

BMJ (24th January 2018), Ewan (19th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th January 2018), gaiagirl (25th January 2018), happyuk (21st January 2018), Matthew (19th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), Noelle (20th January 2018), petra (20th January 2018), Valley (19th January 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Villival (here)
    Those stories are amazing and remind me of how magical and ordered the universe really is. I'm sure the people on Avalon have more than the average of these. I know I do. I could go on and on.

After I lost my son, I went to Fort Meyers, Florida to take a break. I got there through the most amazing set of synchronicities and divine guidance I have ever seen. However, I'll stick to one part.

I was laying awake, outside, crying and asked my son to send a shooting star if he was okay. I couldn't believe my eyes when a blue shooting star appeared and arced high across the night sky.

The next morning I walked out to the beach and said "I wish I would find a sand dollar." When I got to the water's edge, there on the edge of the surf were three perfect sand dollars. I still have one of them.
    HI, I feel I have to reply to your wonderful story...

Two months after my mother passed away in july 2007, I and my husband went for a small trip for a couple of hours. It was the first time after her death I managed to leave our house for a longer period of time. We just drove out of town and to a beautiful area with windling roads, forests and lakes. Having our picnic basket with us, we searched for a place to stop. We saw a small parking space at one of the lakes and stopped there, more or less randomly. I got out of the car and looked at the ground, just by my feet lay two Norwegian new and shining coins.

The strange thing is that my mother was Norwegian and I live in Sweden about 600 km from the Norwegian border. Norwegian coins are not used in Sweden.

Why would we stop exactly there, on that day, on my first trip, and find these coins - if it not were a greeting from her to me?
    "All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again."
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Aurvandil For This Post:

Amenjo (19th January 2018), BMJ (24th January 2018), Brigantia (6th June 2019), East Sun (20th January 2018), Ewan (20th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th January 2018), gaiagirl (25th January 2018), happyuk (21st January 2018), Matthew (20th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), Noelle (20th January 2018), selinam (24th January 2018), Valerie Villars (20th January 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Exactly! There is much help and benevolence in this world. We just have to tune into our instincts and stop second guessing. What a beautiful story.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Aurvandil (20th January 2018), BMJ (24th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th January 2018), Matthew (20th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), Noelle (20th January 2018), petra (20th January 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    So true, Bill.....I have come to the conclusion that we are a part of "someone else's" game & half the time we have no clue as to what is REALLY going on!!
    That's just how I feel too! I'm still not done reading, the stories are so fascinating I'm enjoying taking my time

I remember thinking "This game is not very fun" and something else thought "Well we think it's fun". It takes creepy innuendo to a whole new level! I also recall thinking "I'm going to die eventually, right? Because I really don't think I want to be played with forever" and then it felt like something was laughing at me. Sometimes I call it the "Stupid Game"... but that's not because the game itself is stupid (well maybe a little bit), it's because the game is making me stupid. Well that's what it feels like anyway. lol

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Amenjo (20th January 2018), BMJ (24th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th January 2018), gaiagirl (25th January 2018), Matthew (24th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), Noelle (20th January 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by happyuk (here)
    Some colleagues and I travelled by car to the centre of 'new' Harlow, a stupefying unattractive concrete jungle.
    Those roman clocks have special significance to me, and that is the ugliest roman clock I have ever seen! I prefer the IIII as opposed to IV on clocks, and this one looks like it's done properly at least

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

BMJ (24th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th January 2018), gaiagirl (25th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), Noelle (20th January 2018), Valerie Villars (26th January 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    I remember thinking "This game is not very fun" and something else thought "Well we think it's fun". It takes creepy innuendo to a whole new level! I also recall thinking "I'm going to die eventually, right? Because I really don't think I want to be played with forever" and then it felt like something was laughing at me. Sometimes I call it the "Stupid Game"... but that's not because the game itself is stupid (well maybe a little bit), it's because the game is making me stupid. Well that's what it feels like anyway. lol
    Petra, it can seem like it whenever we feel that we are not in control,
    but this is only so because we do not look at our thoughts or who we are.
    As ACIM explains:

No one can waken from a dream the world is dreaming for him. He
    becomes a part of someone else's dream. He cannot choose to waken from a
    dream he did not make. Helpless he stands, a victim to a dream conceived
    and cherished by a separate mind. Careless indeed of him this mind must
    be, as thoughtless of his peace and happiness as is the weather or the time of
    day. It loves him not, but casts him as it will in any role that satisfies its
    dream. So little is his worth that he is but a dancing shadow, leaping up and
    down according to a senseless plot conceived within the idle dreaming of
    the world.

This is the only picture you can see; the one alternative that you can choose,
    the other possibility of cause, if you be not the dreamer of your dreams. And
    this is what you choose if you deny the cause of suffering is in your mind.
    Be glad indeed it is, for thus are you the one decider of your destiny in time.
    The choice is yours to make between a sleeping death and dreams of evil or
    a happy wakening and joy of life.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

BMJ (24th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th January 2018), Matthew (24th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), Noelle (20th January 2018), petra (21st January 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Great Britain Avalon Member Amenjo's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a great synchronicity that happened to me when I was in my 20's.

I had a good friend called John, who everyone knew as "Fella". Unfortunately he passed a few years back.

We had met when I was 18 through the underground rave scene in the 90's. He was over 20 years older than me, but we got on like a house on fire from the moment we met.

Anyway several years after we met, I was round my parents house and my mum was clearing out a few things, and came across an old newspaper cutting with a photo of me winning first prize in the local carnival at the age of 8.

She passed the cutting to me to look at, which I did, and I turned it over to look at the back. On the back was a report about a John Hayward being caught by the police breaking into a local chemist. And yes you guessed it, it was Fella!!! I couldn't believe it, the write up was exactly the same size as my piece on the other side!

I have had so many incidents like this happen in my life it's uncanny.

Love and Truth,

Amenjo

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Amenjo For This Post:

BMJ (24th January 2018), Brigantia (6th June 2019), Foxie Loxie (20th January 2018), gaiagirl (25th January 2018), happyuk (21st January 2018), Matthew (20th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), petra (21st January 2018), Rich (20th January 2018), selinam (24th January 2018), Valerie Villars (21st January 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    Petra, it can seem like it whenever we feel that we are not in control,
    but this is only so because we do not look at our thoughts or who we are.
    As ACIM explains:

No one can waken from a dream the world is dreaming for him. He
    becomes a part of someone else's dream. He cannot choose to waken from a
    dream he did not make. Helpless he stands, a victim to a dream conceived
    and cherished by a separate mind. Careless indeed of him this mind must
    be, as thoughtless of his peace and happiness as is the weather or the time of
    day. It loves him not, but casts him as it will in any role that satisfies its
    dream. So little is his worth that he is but a dancing shadow, leaping up and
    down according to a senseless plot conceived within the idle dreaming of
    the world.

This is the only picture you can see; the one alternative that you can choose,
    the other possibility of cause, if you be not the dreamer of your dreams. And
    this is what you choose if you deny the cause of suffering is in your mind.
    Be glad indeed it is, for thus are you the one decider of your destiny in time.
    The choice is yours to make between a sleeping death and dreams of evil or
    a happy wakening and joy of life.
    Being in someone else's dream. That's exactly it.

All these stories are excellent, what a great topic, much thanks to Villival!

I didn't learn that by myself... it's as if the world made me learn (lol) by using a pile of synchronicities all at once. Kind of like this thread is doing?

PS: My spell check totally doesn't know what synchronicities are. One synchronicity, no problem. Two synchronicities, now you're in trouble ;-)

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

BMJ (24th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th January 2018), gaiagirl (25th January 2018), Matthew (24th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Same here Petra. It drove me crazy so I just posted it the way I wanted.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

BMJ (24th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th January 2018), gaiagirl (25th January 2018), Matthew (24th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), petra (24th January 2018)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,398 times in 1,717 posts

Synchronicity does exist I think it maybe be some form of us individually tapping into a large consciousness or information stream to access information we need at that time.

I had an interesting one today, were I called my BF just after 5 pm to let her know I was running late in getting home, she was glad to hear my voice because as she said "I had just woken up a minute ago after having a really bad nightmare and it was comforting to hear my voice" and to know and was coming home.

Then just after the new year I was worried about a relatives marriage which lead to a sleepless night so I got up at 2.30am to watch the TV and distract myself from my thoughts.
    The show that came on was Charmed and the first words the character spoke was "You can't make decisions for her she has to decide for herself." Which was well timed as I had been trying to convey to my relative some wisdom and I felt it had fallen on deaf ears, hence my sleepless night up to that point.
    That short well timed phrase put my mind at ease as I knew beyond providing the wisdom it was up to her and him to make the change. Then I went to sleep shortly thereafter.

I like synchronicity whatever it maybe as it is useful unseen helping hand.
    Last edited by BMJ; 26th January 2018 at 13:09.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (24th January 2018), gaiagirl (25th January 2018), Matthew (24th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), petra (25th January 2018), Rich (24th January 2018), selinam (24th January 2018), Valerie Villars (25th January 2018), Wind (25th January 2018)

25. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,651 times in 1,409 posts

I was reading a thread on here last night & was surprised to find someone posting on here that I banned from a certain forum for being a belligerent nutcase ( I had a bit of a flashback about it too), Just popped back on & lo & behold he's been banned !

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (24th January 2018), gaiagirl (25th January 2018), Matthew (25th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), thunder24 (24th January 2018), Valerie Villars (25th January 2018)

27. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Hooray!!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Matthew (25th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), Spiral (24th January 2018)

29. Link to Post #35
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I hesitate to say this, but I don't always see synchronicity as a helping hand so to speak. Sometimes there's nasty ones! I try to think of them more like clues, because to me it feels like what people are calling psychic attack. Now don't get me wrong, I've had nice ones - but the nasty ones are neey-a-a-asty!!

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

BMJ (25th January 2018), gaiagirl (25th January 2018), Matthew (25th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), Valerie Villars (25th January 2018)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Petra, during a very strange time in my life, I believe there were negative forces hijacking my natural propensity to go with the flow and follow the clues of the universe. It led me into a very bad situation. Oddly, as bad as it was, I still feel, in retrospect, that I was shielded in some way, shape or form.

But, it taught me a very valuable lesson about the darkness out there and hopefully I've learned to be discerning while still maintaining friendliness and kindness. Ultimately, our heart knows the truth and it is important we stand up for ourselves and can say "no" as well as "yes".

Joseph Campbell was right on the money when he talked about the Hero's Journey. There are dark and light aspects. We have to battle the dragons and not go back to sleep.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

BMJ (25th January 2018), gaiagirl (25th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), petra (25th January 2018), Wind (25th January 2018)

33. Link to Post #37
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Villival (here)
    Oddly, as bad as it was, I still feel, in retrospect, that I was shielded in some way, shape or form.
    Me too Villival! Although at the time I felt as if I was in terrible danger, after that was over, it just ended up feeling like a big stupid joke (pardon me!). It's a learning experience that's for sure. Almost feels like being "forced to learn", like when people toss kids into the water to teach them how to swim. There's a reason I don't know how to swim... and part of the reason is because the instructor said he wouldn't let me go. You can guess what happened next... I was so mad I was threatening to sue lol

34. The Following User Says Thank You to petra For This Post:

Michelle Marie (25th January 2018)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,398 times in 1,717 posts

I lost my manual on "How To Synchronise" in the last house move so I am winging it Petra.

Seriously, I agree firstly with all of Villival post above, pretty much had the same experiences.

The more you align with love, that is aligning your existence with your souls nature, and exercise your sovereignty over your body and mind the more the physical and mental attacks occur. But I keep these attacks in context as they are designed to draw me back into the influences of dark forces.

But if you persist in maintaining this alignment then the flip side is things like synchronicity and timely divine intervention in your life that provides support or guidance in some form seem to increase.

Dark forces main themes of influence are fear, division, despair and hopelessness.

This can manifest as terrible nightmares. Instead of thinking about the nightmare put it into context, know it's origin and purpose and then forget about it.

For example one nightmare I have on occasion is that my dog is being attacked by a ferocious pack of larger dogs and I am helpless in the situation. This is a nightmare that has been a result of some external influence trying to induce a state of fear and helplessness in me for whatever purpose, having placed that nightmare in context now I can go back to sleep because I know it is not a fear I have but one that has been induced by external influences.
    Last edited by BMJ; 9th February 2018 at 14:22.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (25th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), petra (25th January 2018), Wind (25th January 2018)

37. Link to Post #39
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

While reading another posting by Merry Mom about an uplifting song, that reminded me of an example of synchronicity. A few times I've had a particular song "follow me around" so to speak. Like, every where I go it seems to be playing.

It might make me feel sad, it might make me feel happy, and it's hard to tell if those are bad or good. When it happens it kind of feels like the song is stalking me. It's less creepy if the song or song meaning is funny.

Quote Posted by BMJ (here)
    But if you persist in maintaining this alignment then the flip side is things like synchronicity and timely divine intervention in your life that provides support or guidance in some form seem to increase.
    I can relate to that. It seems as if after I feel I've had a nasty synchronicity, if I can manage to get past it without any negative emotions, it will be followed by a reassuring synchronicity.

Dark forces main themes of influence are fear, division, despair and hopelessness.
    I'd say upgrade the fear to "horrifying" and you'd be spot on. When I imagine what dark forces want the most, "horrifying people" seems like the darkest to me.

This can manifest as terrible nightmares. Instead of thinking about the nightmare put it into context, know it's origin and purpose and then forget about it.
    I've noticed! As for it's origin, most of my nightmares have been so obscure that I have trouble believing it's coming from my own mind. I've boiled it down to more interference.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

BMJ (26th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), Valerie Villars (26th January 2018), Wind (25th January 2018)

39. Link to Post #40
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I started singing the Wizard of Oz song for no apparent reason an hour or so after posting, and I caught myself! "What the heck am I singing that for?"

I think I know why. Getting clumps of synchronicity feels like the universe is "showing off", kind of like how the Wizard of Oz shows off. And now it's doing it in my head. "If ever a wever a Wiz there was...." is just too funny to be creepy.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

BMJ (26th January 2018), Michelle Marie (25th January 2018), Valerie Villars (26th January 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast