+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Synchronicity

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: Synchronicity

True story. My son died May 15, 2004. A few years later, my niece who is about three or four years younger, was graduating from high school on the same day my son passed. I went to the graduation, which was from the same high school I had attended. I graduated in 1979.

We went to eat at a nice restaurant afterwards,, much of my family was there. I was feeling a bit sad, as it was the anniversary of my son's death and my niece's graduation. My youngest niece, who was conceived the same week my son passed, went on the outside porch with me, so I could have a cigarette. She was about three.

Because so many people were celebrating graduations, someone had left a heium filled white balloon and it was floating under the outside porch of this restaurant. She and I went out and were sitting there and she began to play with the balloon and I admonished her, as older folks do to younger, that the balloon would catch the air and fly away, if she was not careful.

Sure enough, at some point she let go of the balloon and we both watched it waft away, higher and faster as the wind took it. She was not sorry to see it go. She has a hard head like me and wouldn't amidt I was right. So, we both watched it sail away.

We all finished our meal, paid, kissed each other and all went to our respective homes. I had no sooner walked in the door of my house when my phone rang. It was my sister. She said '''Valerie, right when we pulled up to our house, that same balloon floated out of the sky, down to the lawn and Saylor (my niece) got out of the car, grabbed the string and walked into the house like it was the most natural thing in the world."

Seriously, what are the odds?
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

BMJ (22nd March 2018), Bruno (15th November 2018), Chester (12th August 2019), Elpis (21st March 2018), Foxie Loxie (21st March 2018), Hym (21st March 2018), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Mike (21st March 2018), onevoice (21st March 2018), RogueEllis (12th August 2019), Wind (21st March 2018)

3. Link to Post #62
    United States Avalon Member Elpis's Avatar
    Thanks

For twenty years, before moving out of my home state, once a year I would take a weekend just for myself. I’d stay in a lovely, rustic inn, taking my books and some nice wine. I’d visit the state bath house for steam baths, mineral baths and massages each day. Each time I would return home new and rejuvenated.

One day while having lunch at the Inn’s pub I was reading one of my books. The subject was on reincarnation, the evolution of the soul and how we are here to learn; sometimes being the student and at other times the teacher. I had just read, “When the student is ready the teacher will appear.” At the moment a different waitress brought my order. She asked if I needed anything else, glanced at my book and then said, “Next time I’ll have to put you at the head of the class.” I looked for her but never saw her again. The original waitress that had taken my order was the one that brought me my bill.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Elpis For This Post:

BMJ (22nd March 2018), Foxie Loxie (21st March 2018), Iancorgi (17th October 2019), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Matthew (23rd March 2018), onevoice (23rd March 2018), RogueEllis (12th August 2019), Valerie Villars (21st March 2018), Wind (21st March 2018)

5. Link to Post #63
    Thanks

This may fall under instant karma and not synchronicity, but here goes.

This morning I was going down the highway in my truck, to buy some plants. I saw a young man walking on the side, with a gas can in his hand. Since I was in the truck I offered him a ride, as he could ride in the back and then I didn't have to explain any bad ending stories to God because of my trusting nature.

I bought him to the station and back to the place he had run out of gas.

This afternoon, my boyfriend and I were riding the motorcycle to go to do another errand. We made our purchase and started home, in the rolling green hills of the beautiful countryside. Well, we ran out of gas.

Almost immediately as I began to walk, realizing we had miles to go, I stuck my thumb out and a gentleman stopped (in a commercial truck) and gave me a ride. James stayed with the motorcycle. I was bought to my front door, got the gas can and returned in my car within 10 minutes.

It all happened like magic.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 23rd March 2018 at 22:39.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

BMJ (24th March 2018), Chester (12th August 2019), Foxie Loxie (24th March 2018), Inversion (22nd April 2018), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), onevoice (25th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,344 times in 645 posts

Default Synchronicity: hidden, acausal connecting togetherness

Happy Easter to all Avalonians!

What is this , is it synchronisity ?

Thought about it a lot,, and more, a damn good year even, and me still trying to make sense of it .

I noticed that the video in this post was deleted, therefore this post serve no purpose any more, please delete it.
    Last edited by Rawhide68; 20th February 2021 at 10:37.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

BMJ (31st March 2018), Elpis (30th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th March 2018), justntime2learn (30th March 2018), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Matthew (30th March 2018), Mercedes (30th March 2018), Nasu (30th March 2018), toppy (30th March 2018), Valerie Villars (1st April 2018)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks

Posting on Ramus' thread about Kirk Nugent's Spoken Word, reminded me of another synchronicity. I had read a book called "Desolate Angels, Jack Kerouac, the Beat Generation and America" a few times before I went to San Miguel de Allende in about 1991.

The night I was in San Miguel, I was reading this book again and got to the part where Neal Cassidy, bless his heart, attended a wedding in San Miguel many years before. Having consumed too much alcohol and assorted pharmaceuticals, he collapsed and passed out, only to die on the railroad tracks in that very city.

I had never noticed that before. Or I should say I had never consciously noticed the place; until the night I was there.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (18th April 2018), Iloveyou (5th June 2019), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019)

11. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

My boyfriend is a chef. He worked with a man named Bo, who was an old free spirit. Bo had been a coach of racquetball and basketball in his younger years. He was quite a character; a man who loved astronomy and knew the night sky very well, in addition to his love of music.

My boyfriend went to make a delivery of food one day. There was a concert of dulcimer music going on. Being the kind soul he is, and knowing Bo would love it, he called the shop and without telling Bo why, said he had to get in the truck and come right away.

Bo was in heaven when he got to the auditorium and didn't want to leave. He was just delighted.

Well, Bo passed away unexpectedly a few weeks ago. We received a text from his brother. Another week or so went by and one day we saw Bo's obituary in the paper. It was the only day it was in the paper.

Unbelievably, as we both read the paper and have for years, on the same day there was a write up with photos of the Dulcimer Society meeting.

We had never seen that in the paper before. What are the odds it would be there on the same day as Bo's obituary?

We both smiled knowing it was Bo's sense of humor and love coming through from the other side. It was his way of saying good bye.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

avid (15th November 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (15th November 2018), BMJ (19th November 2018), Constance (7th June 2019), Iloveyou (5th June 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (15th November 2018), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), onevoice (15th November 2018), petra (15th November 2018)

13. Link to Post #67
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

What beautiful posts on this thread. Thank each and every one of you for sharing such personal and sometimes heart wrenching stories.
    I have one that comes to mind I would like to share.
    A while back I had worked in hospice care and I was with a lady by the name of FERN. I thought it such an unusual and unique name. She was tiny and did not ever awaken before she passed. So, we never had a verbal conversation. I still talked to her. I remember being irate with the nursing care b/c she was moaning in pain and needed her medication administered yet, they would not come to help her.
    I had come in to work my shift and immediately sent home. It was Fern's time to go apparently. Her family was surrounding her.
    I was driving home and on the highway a vehicle passed me with the license plate F E R N. In my mind I knew she had passed on. When I got home I received a call telling me she had gone. I always wanted to know her.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

avid (15th November 2018), BMJ (19th November 2018), Constance (7th June 2019), Iloveyou (5th June 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (15th November 2018), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), petra (16th November 2018), Rosemarie (7th June 2019), Soda (13th August 2019), Valerie Villars (15th November 2018)

15. Link to Post #68
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,344 times in 645 posts

Unhappy Re: Synchronicity

I seldom remember my dreams, but about a year ago I had a very strange dream (not lucid or scary).
    I was in a big spaceship with little gray type aliens, and in one sequence of my dream I was teaching a little gray to play ping-pong or table tennis, crazy right?

Well Yesterday I walked passed an office window which had a life-sized sculpture of an alien gray type holding a table tennis paddle in his hand, looking at me !
    WTF!?

Update 2019-06-12 My friend living in the are, was kind to send me a photo of it.:D

In right hand It's holding the pingpong paddle ( with a photo of George Michael !? on the front sheet rubber ). Left hand holding a pingpong ball.

It looks a lot like the alien in my dream , same size and proportions ! But not gold coloured and deffo no pic of George Michael on the paddle .

Why do I who rarely remember a dream, remember this absurd dream "teaching aliens to play table tennis,

and 3 weeks later walking down a street in a part of town I hadn't been to for years in a display window holding a table tennis racket, what are the odds of that?

I'll keep wondering about this Mystory til I die...

and maybe then I'll get the answer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tabletennis Alien.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	40783  
    Last edited by Rawhide68; 20th February 2021 at 11:00.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

Iloveyou (5th June 2019), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Rosemarie (7th June 2019), Valerie Villars (23rd May 2019)

17. Link to Post #69
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 times in 1,825 posts

Thanks for this thread - I was about to post a similar one but saw that this one is here. Anyway... For those of you that have experienced synchronicity how do you explain it? I'm not sure if I've experienced it or if it's just coincidences. Also if I am experiencing it...it isn't helping. Kinda random:

I fell out of shape due to life but have been getting healthy again over the past few months. I 'like' to do 5k run/walks; walk to this stop sign, run to that one, etc. I came up to one particular street that is kinda dangerous. It's a sort of a 5 way intersection. It's in the suburbs so not too much traffic but close to a major road so it gets more traffic than normal. Also you can't see anyone coming from the street I turn down. So I'm at the end of my walk, getting ready to go right and run down that street. As I pick up my pace and turn the corner I'm thinking to myself, "Watch out for cars on the run." Thing is, as soon as I turned the corner and were thinking those thoughts, a car was heading my way - in the middle of the damn road - and it had a front tag that said 'RUN' on it. It was as if the car finished my sentence. The tag was icing on the cake.

-----

So this one won't sound like much, you'd have to really know me and how my mind works to get this: I've been having irrigation issues at my house for my garden. I had a small setup, and someone more or less ****ed it up. It was really aggravating. I put a lot of work into my garden. I just need a few basic things... like a damn hose. I went out and bought a brand new hose (old one busted due to folks not taking care of it) and nicely rolled it up. It sat there fine for about 2 days, then one morning as I walk outside and go to grab it the damn thing just falls down. As soon as I looked at it it dropped. Minor tihng, but in my head it stood out.

---------

This happened yesterday: I have been watching Lost. As I was watching it I was trying to ignore/fight off a cluster headache. In the show there is a guy who's character has the same name as me, and right there as I'm wrestling w/ said headache the character started developing headaches and began yelling at others to keep the noise down.

There have been other instances in the past and I wanted to report them here but I never did cause frankly I dunno what to think about all this. Nothing incredibly significant. I do feel a kinda something when these things happen but not sure if it's a sense or if it's just an active imagination.

What yall think?

EDIT: also 11:11 always pops out for whatever reason? Again, overactive mind or no?
    Last edited by Strat; 5th June 2019 at 07:10.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Iloveyou (5th June 2019), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Mike (5th June 2019), Rawhide68 (1st January 2022), Rosemarie (7th June 2019), Valerie Villars (5th June 2019), Wind (11th June 2019)

19. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

Strat, somewhere in one of my journals I wrote, "Coincidence is God's way of manifesting Himself" which is my way of saying when you are in synch with life and paying attention, these things happen.

I still have no explanation for this one. For about two weeks, years ago, I started getting a feeling there was a snake under my couch, and just kept getting paranoid that one was around. One day when coming home for lunch during a work day, I walked through the backyard, up to the back porch and turned around to see why the cat, who had been behind me, was no longer there.

To my horror she was sitting on the bricks calmly washing her face, less than a foot from what I believe was a large moccasin. I must have passed right by it somehow on my way in and didn't see it.

The question is, did I know the snake was coming or did I manifest it by thinking about it? I don't know.

Interesting story Strat. It's a very real thing but how or why it happens is a mystery.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Rosemarie (7th June 2019), Strat (5th June 2019), Wind (11th June 2019)

21. Link to Post #71
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,176 times in 1,357 posts

There are some fascinating synchronicities here! I've had a couple of airline flight ones; the first was on a flight to Florida, and on the refuelling stop at Maine, I found that one of my old school friends was on the flight. We hadn't seen each other for ten years, we were in the same class and knew each other really well but had lost touch.

A few years ago I moved to Italy. I was flying from Pisa to London, I spotted what seemed to be the only spare seat in the departure lounge and found myself sitting next to a colleague that I had been working with in Oxford a couple of years previously.

I've had a couple also regarding dreams. In one I dreamt I met my former sister in law whom I hadn't seen for several years. Three days later we were both at the same hairdresser. The other one was a dream in which the name 'Blackstone' came into my dream as a disembodied voice. "Blackstone?" I said; "Yes, Blackstone" was the reply. The next day I was in London and visited the National Portrait Gallery. Walking down a flight of stairs my head seemed to be pulled to the right, where the portrait of Baroness Blackstone was displayed.

Neither of those were of groundbreaking significance, no major predictions, but they really stood out at the time.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Constance (7th June 2019), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Rosemarie (7th June 2019), Valerie Villars (6th June 2019)

23. Link to Post #72
    Ecuador Avalon Member Rosemarie's Avatar
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 times in 311 posts

My father’s business was planes and helicopters , he knew how to fly them and wanted my brothers and I to learn. The summer before my sophomore year in college I learn how to fly in a cessna 150 ( he was a piper dealer ). When I returned to Boston for my 2nd year he told me he wanted me to practice flying in USA and learn how to communicate with the tower. So he found me a flying school near the town were I was living to receive my “ training “. My teacher was a 21 year old kid from New Canaan, CT. We would go flying to Hascomb Field in New Hampshire , which was a small landing strip with a tower and I would practice and talk to the air controllers.

I would fly maybe twice a week and became good friends with Richard my flight instructor. For Thanksgiving he invited me to his home. I picked his twin brother in a seminary and we drove to Connecticut. While there I realized he liked me as more than a friend , and being the immature person I was ( which I did not know I was ) I decided just to disappear from his life, did not returned any of his calls and stopped my flying lessons. I had lent his brother a big marionette of a bird I had and loved and never got it back.

So decades passed ( this was 1977 so close to 40 years ) and 3 years ago 2 of my nephews moved to Connecticut and since they are pilots too , decide to go to a near airport ( i think Great Barrington but I might be wrong ) to fly in a P-A 18 I think they are called. Two seats, one in front of the other.
    So one nephew is flying with the pilot owner of the flying school and the pilot asked him where he is from. So Sergio (my nephew ) tells him from Ecuador. Where from Ecuador ? Guayaquil says Sergio. And The pilots says..... “ Once I let a girl I liked very much go , I thought I could have marry her” what was her name Sergio asked..... Rosemarie said Richard. “ She is my aunt “ says Sergio.

Jajaja. Next I know I am receiving an email with just a picture of the two of them on the plane. We are in contact again. He is a pilot for AA, set to retired when he is 65 as per rules. He flies the best routes to Japan , London or any route he wants. He owns his own flying school business. He did good. I am so proud for him.
    He told me he still has the marionette.

Talk about a small world.
    Last edited by Rosemarie; 7th June 2019 at 01:24. Reason: As always spelling.
    "Be kind for everybody is fighting a great battle" Plato

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rosemarie For This Post:

Constance (7th June 2019), Iancorgi (17th October 2019), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Mike (7th June 2019), Valerie Villars (7th June 2019)

25. Link to Post #73
    Language
    English
    Thanks

(just had dejavu)

Bit of a preamble:
    So obviously I've been going through the ringer with my cluster headaches. The wonderful folks here at Avalon kept me in their thoughts during their Sunday global meditation. I had been having ~5 per day, then Sunday I had zero. The next one wasn't till 3:30am Monday morning. I was due to get more o2 on Monday cause I was blasting through it, but I didn't have to. I briefly mentioned the global meditation to my mother but I didn't explain it cause I was so tired I just didn't want to talk about it.

On another note, somewhat unrelated, I posted in a thread about my grandpa and some of his WW2 experiences. I wanted to get some of his pics/paperwork from her yesterday but again, low energy and was just trying to make it through the day. Wasn't really up for any conversation but it was on my mind.

-----------

So yesterday I go with her to get take out. On the way there, we see an old car from the late 40s. She points it out and says, "see that old car right there?" My first reaction was to get annoyed (like most people, I am a jerk when I don't have any energy), I thought she was trying to talk cars with me cause I'm a 'car guy.' But I was wrong, she said "your grandpa had that same car for the longest time, it was black."

Then on the way home from getting food we pass by a house in the suburbs. I thought about a time I was running/jogging by it and there was a group of folks praying as I was running my route. I jokingly thought of myself as Rocky Balboa, when he goes to the priest for a blessing before his fight.

That memory made me think of you guys and the sunday meditation. JUST as I thought that she says, "what was that you were telling me about some meditation thing?"

Again, is what it is, but I thought that was neat.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Constance (12th June 2019), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Omi (11th June 2019), ulli (14th June 2019), Valerie Villars (11th June 2019), Wind (11th June 2019)

27. Link to Post #74
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,782 times in 2,666 posts

Not sure if this is the correct place for this experience, but twice lives have been saved by windscreen wipers...

Years ago I was driving to work, rainy day, traffic heavy, near Old Trafford one-way system going over the canal bridge in Manchester, in front was a tipper lorry, with double wheels both sides at the back. As we went round the circuit to get over the bridge, a brick, wedged between the left two-wheels of the wagon spat the brick out at my car. My passenger was applying makeup, the windscreen wipers were on, and the brick bounced off the wiper, breaking it, but the shock was horrendous, my friend would have been smashed!

Yesterday, after my birthday meal at a hotel locally, the weather was horrendous, flooding over the Borders and Northern England, we were coming back to mine when we approached a local village with a notoriety for crashes and flooding. I said vandals had fiddled with the lettering on the village entrance “Welcome to *****, please d i e carefully” - meaning to state that the r and v had been removed. Two seconds later, there was an enormous bang, the windscreen wiper had prevented a missile from a flatbed wagon going the opposite way from hitting me in the face, but made huge cracks in the windscreen. Happy 70th, I made it! But never tempt fate by jest!

An hour later, my family had to drive back north to save their home in Scotland from flooding, despite road closures, landslides etc, curtailing our gathering, in monsoon type rains, ludicrous weather for here, but all now safely home. Happy birthday to me thank goodness...
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Rosemarie (13th August 2019), Valerie Villars (13th August 2019)

29. Link to Post #75
    Ecuador Avalon Member Rosemarie's Avatar
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 times in 311 posts

Avid ! Save by windscreen wipers ! Never heard of it ! Lucky you. By the way , happy birthday to a fellow LEO. Looks like it was a great day all in all.
    "Be kind for everybody is fighting a great battle" Plato

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosemarie For This Post:

avid (12th August 2019), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Valerie Villars (13th August 2019)

31. Link to Post #76
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,782 times in 2,666 posts

Ridiculously heavy rains, boats on streets in the Lothians, unreal torrents here up to the Forth. On weather forecasts, one gets pale blue for showers, darker blue for rain, navy blue for heavy rain, yellow for flood scenarios, and white for OMG! The forecast was white! Still draining off but phew, that was bad! Sunny, no wind and gorgeous today over the Lakes... at the moment.

The Jet-stream has unusually been changed downwards for this time of year, was watching vibrating skies for a week before this, no chemtrails, just heavily vibrating skies which indicates directional changes.
    Last edited by avid; 12th August 2019 at 22:43.
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Valerie Villars (13th August 2019)

33. Link to Post #77
    Language
    English
    Thanks

So last Sunday I was watching (American) football at my local pool hall talking with a friend. We were talking about traveling and cultures when - for whatever reason - we ended up talking about the Irish. He mentioned that he loved Irish bars in NYC because the people were easy going. I brought up how I have some experience with this because I frequent a bar owned by Irish folks. Immediately as I finish that sentence, an acquaintance from the bar I was talking about pats me on the back and says "hey what's up?" The timing was flawless.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Peter UK (17th October 2019), Rosemarie (17th October 2019), Valerie Villars (17th October 2019)

35. Link to Post #78
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    So last Sunday I was watching (American) football at my local pool hall talking with a friend. We were talking about traveling and cultures when - for whatever reason - we ended up talking about the Irish. He mentioned that he loved Irish bars in NYC because the people were easy going. I brought up how I have some experience with this because I frequent a bar owned by Irish folks. Immediately as I finish that sentence, an acquaintance from the bar I was talking about pats me on the back and says "hey what's up?" The timing was flawless.
    Way to go!

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Rosemarie (17th October 2019), Valerie Villars (17th October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4