+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Natural remedies for Toddler Cavities???

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

Default Natural remedies for Toddler Cavities???

Hello all.......my granddaughter who just turned 2 seems to have two little dark spots on her molars....she is breastfed, vegan with only recently getting to try chocolate or cookies....in small amounts... other than breast milk she drinks only distilled water and the odd sip of mommies Kombucha....my daughter was set to take her to a holistic dentist but reviewed the process and was horrified that they would need to strap her into some sort of straight jacket and possibly sedate her to do anything...can anyone offer any advice here....I felt she should wait until the baby is old enough to understand and go to a dentist then if any pain occurs .....I dont think at this point there will be any pain associated with these baby teeth cavities....she brushes her teeth with all natural toothpaste, and rubs coconut oil into the two teeth 2-3 times a day....any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

Default Re: Natural remedies for Toddler Cavities???

Quote Posted by Earth Angel (here)
    Hello all.......my granddaughter who just turned 2 seems to have two little dark spots on her molars....she is breastfed, vegan with only recently getting to try chocolate or cookies....in small amounts... other than breast milk she drinks only distilled water and the odd sip of mommies Kombucha....my daughter was set to take her to a holistic dentist but reviewed the process and was horrified that they would need to strap her into some sort of straight jacket and possibly sedate her to do anything...can anyone offer any advice here....I felt she should wait until the baby is old enough to understand and go to a dentist then if any pain occurs .....I dont think at this point there will be any pain associated with these baby teeth cavities....she brushes her teeth with all natural toothpaste, and rubs coconut oil into the two teeth 2-3 times a day....any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated
    my holistic dentist says no glycerine (like in holistic tooth paste) or oil on the teeth because it encapsulate what could be left of film. He said to clean with half peroxyde, half water and dip the wet tooth brush in alcaline baking soda paste, for 3 weeks to a month to cure disease gums and clean underneath the teeth.

Then you go to straight water and baking soda making a paste and brush like this. It has a salty taste but not desagreable.

MMS is used with a water tooth pic by some members here, to resolve bacterial problems, but I am not sure it could be recommended for young children.

The carries have to be taken care of for sure. My dentist sanded a light surface carry i presently have, hoping it will not go deeper, if not we will take care of it in 6 months.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Earth Angel (16th January 2018), Sunny-side-up (16th January 2018)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by Earth Angel (here)
    my holistic dentist says no glycerine (like in holistic tooth paste) or oil on the teeth because it encapsulate what could be left of film. He said to clean with half peroxyde, half water and dip the wet tooth brush in alcaline baking soda paste, for 3 weeks to a month to cure disease gums and clean underneath the teeth.

Then you go to straight water and baking soda making a paste and brush like this. It has a salty taste but not desagreable.

MMS is used with a water tooth pic by some members here, to resolve bacterial problems, but I am not sure it could be recommended for young children.

The carries have to be taken care of for sure. My dentist sanded a light surface carry i presently have, hoping it will not go deeper, if not we will take care of it in 6 months.
    I know she is aware of no glycerine in tooth paste ...the one she uses has coloidal silver, baking soda and some other things I don't recall....I had wondered about MMS and her age as well

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

Flash (16th January 2018)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Distilled water is definitely not a good idea, water needs minerals in it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Earth Angel (16th January 2018)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    Distilled water is definitely not a good idea, water needs minerals in it.
    distilled water removes INORGANIC minerals which cause health problems and leaves the organic minerals the body needs

http://www.surfs-up.net/Downloads/Di...er%20Sheet.pdf

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    Does distilled water rob the body of essential miner
    als?
    Distillation removes such contaminating dangers as fluorides, chlorine and impurities from the air,
    earth
    and plumbing. It also removes those inorganic minerals which the body cannot assimilate. There are
    two kinds of minerals: organic and inorgan
    ic. Our bodies receive inorganic minerals from the water we
    drink. They receive organic minerals from the food we eat. Distilled water both prevents inorganic
    minerals from entering the body’s system and removes inorganic mineral deposits already there.
    Organic minerals are absorbed and remain in the tissues.
    Distilled water has the inherent characteristics of a magnet which picks up discarded minerals and w
    ith
    the assistance of the blood and the lymph, transports them to the kidneys for elimination.
    It is this kind of
    mineral elimination that is erroneously referred to as “leaching”; the expression that distilled wat
    er
    leaches minerals from the body is inaccurate. It does not leach out body minerals

it collects and
    removes inorganic minerals which
    have been rejected by the cells and tissues and which, if not
    evacuated, can cause arterial obstruction and serious bodily damage.
    In his book, “New Life Though Nutrition”, nutritionist Dr Sheldon Deal contends that “one should not
    look
    to water as our s
    ource for minerals. We should look to water as a source of H
    O

period...you should
    be taking a supplement that has minerals in it or using herbs or cell salts

superior sources of minerals”.
    Last edited by Earth Angel; 16th January 2018 at 18:13.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

Daozen (17th January 2018), Ewan (16th January 2018), Sunny-side-up (16th January 2018)

10. Link to Post #6
    Austria Avalon Member
    Thanks

kids that age usualy do not get treated as long as there are just spots. after all - those teeth are not going to stay...
    (and fillings are not harmless).

just try to not spread it/it is possible to heal it.
    (by having her fill up essential nutritients: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1153612)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to suwesi For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (16th January 2018)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,029 times in 786 posts

There is a forum on facebook called Cure Tooth Decay Naturally that has a few thousand highly experienced members....many of whom are parents of young children, They are really very good with their advice and are quite friendly. They generally eschew commercial dentistry and consider it money making "drill and fill" practices. I have seen excellent results there.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

astridmari (17th January 2018), Daozen (17th January 2018)

14. Link to Post #8
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

As Cureus says, that FB group is good.

I noticed no more toothache after I started eating nuts, which are high in boron + other good things. I.ve been better for almost two years.

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,029 times in 786 posts

I forgot to mention that this book and website is what they mostly refer too. Cure tooth decay has several youtube videos. The founder is a father upset with with his children's deteriorating teetth.
    I believe the Author Ramiel Nagel is a proponent of dense nutrition ( bone broth and some select supplements)

http://www.curetoothdecay.com/

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Rich (17th January 2018)

17. Link to Post #10
    Sweden Avalon Member astridmari's Avatar
    Thanks

Wheatgrass and/or iodine.
    instructions starts at 4:40, overall oral health

- specifically about cavities in small children

18. The Following User Says Thank You to astridmari For This Post:

genevieve (17th January 2018)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

I agree with the bone broth.
    What I highly recommend too, is blended salad smoothies they are very nutrient dense, add some wild greens.
    For example tomatoes, kale, dandelion, nettles, avocado, olive oil, salt. It's extremely delicious and healthy.
    Green juice is good too but more work.

+ Reply to Thread