+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Vegetable Police

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Default The Vegetable Police

Hey have you guys ever seen this guy? His name is Kasey Stern, and he's from Canada. And apart from that, all I know is that he's a vegan and makes really hilarious videos. They're loaded with dry humor and well earned wisdom. This is a very unique guy here. He's like a zen-vegan-comedian. Some days I'll just think of something he said out of the blue and begin laughing uncontrollably.

He has a whole bunch of videos out there. I've just chosen this one at random. If it seems you guys are enjoying these, I'll post some more later:
    Last edited by Mike; 26th February 2019 at 19:43.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (27th July 2018), Akasha (17th January 2018), anandacate (18th January 2018), Apulu (17th January 2018), Bill Ryan (17th January 2018), BMJ (25th January 2018), Calz (18th January 2018), Constance (27th February 2019), Debra (17th January 2018), Denise/Dizi (26th February 2019), DNA (18th January 2018), dynamo (13th June 2018), GaelVictor (17th January 2018), Ivanhoe (14th June 2018), Jean-Marie (27th July 2018), Leonard (17th January 2018), Nasu (17th January 2018), RunningDeer (27th July 2018), toppy (17th January 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member GaelVictor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 times in 316 posts

Default Re: The Vegetable Police

I enjoyed the joke's!, but in this vid. he is addressing the vegan Stasi police to not be so unforgivingly strict on when someone can be called a vegan.

I never get that either; so you don't kill animals but killing off plants is no problem..? Plants have consciousness too, most have a groupconsciousness but some trees, like an oak, have their own separate consciousness.
    Plants are living, breething, communicating, entities that bring our planet to life with fotosynthesis and oxygen. Without them we would not exist here.

Vegans seem to think it's ok to make a fuss about the one but conveniently deny the other. I guess theyre just normal limited humans after all.
    "Dodecahedron; 12 faces 20 points 30 edges 6480 degrees"

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GaelVictor For This Post:

Art (19th January 2018), Debra (17th January 2018), dynamo (13th June 2018), Mike (17th January 2018), Nasu (17th January 2018), petra (27th February 2019), RunningDeer (27th July 2018), Swan (12th September 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

I know many people love to say plants and vegetables have consciousness, and you should feel bad killing and eating them.
    Here is what I think:

~ Plants bear fruits for us to eat so that in return we can help them to disperse their seeds. This is gives and takes, it is a natural process.
    ~ Many of the farmers just cut a portion of the plants and sell it. After the cut, the plants grow more and better. So can I say they are helping the plants to grow instead of killing them?
    ~ Many farmers also uprooted the whole plant to sell, but in the process they also took their seeds to replant it. They might sell extra seeds as well. Again, they are helping them to disperse their seeds.
    ~ When a butcher trying catches and kills an animal, the animal run for his life. When the butcher cut the animal, the animal feels pain and screams like hell. There is obviously something wrong.

In conclusion, plants are there to support our lives but plants also need us to support their lives. Plants need our byproducts such as carbon dioxide for photosynthesis in order to produce energy. They also need our waste materials for nutrition. We need oxygen and their nutrition as well. This is call symbiosis.
    Last edited by Leonard; 17th January 2018 at 10:31.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Leonard For This Post:

Debra (17th January 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd May 2019), dynamo (13th June 2018), earthdreamer (17th January 2018), Ewan (17th January 2018), Mike (17th January 2018), MorningFox (19th January 2018), petra (27th February 2019), RunningDeer (27th July 2018), wondering (26th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

Loved this guy Mike, thank you! It’s the ‘don’t go all Police on me’ phrase that popped for me. It Reminds me so much of the fat shaming amongst some celebrity vegans as well. Lot of that flying about and really not achieving the message they are really trying to push out, which is about health.

A particular YouTube celeb Freelee the banana girl who has built her ‘raw fit bitch’ brand on fruiting herself to death has managed to divide people on this fat shaming issue .. I won’t dig out some of her early campaigns that basically used fat shaming constantly because I think she has evolved. She really got on my nerves, even though I did admire her journey to health .. But obesity is a problem and one of the culprits is diet. Can’t argue with that.

I was vegetarian (not vegan) for about two years and I have to say, the killing of animals component was a huge reason why. Still struggle with it to this day. It’s a daily shame for me when I either buy meat or open my mouth to put it in. Anyway, Freelee released this a few months ago .. and instead of being irritated by her .. this one Kinda made me go hmmm

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Hey have you guys ever seen this guy? His name is Kasey Stern, and he's from Canada.
    Last edited by Debra; 17th January 2018 at 10:31.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

Calz (18th January 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd May 2019), DNA (18th January 2018), dynamo (13th June 2018), Leonard (17th January 2018), Mike (17th January 2018), RunningDeer (27th July 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Member GaelVictor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 times in 316 posts

Quote Posted by Leonard (here)
    In conclusion, plants are there to support our lives but plants also need us to support their lives. Plants need our byproducts such as carbon dioxide for photosynthesis in order to produce energy. They also need our waste materials for nutrition. We need oxygen and their nutrition as well. This is call symbiosis.
    You confuse symbiosis with parasitism, plants don't need humans.
    Plants will THRIVE on this planet without us.
    "Dodecahedron; 12 faces 20 points 30 edges 6480 degrees"

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GaelVictor For This Post:

dynamo (13th June 2018), Leonard (18th January 2018), Mike (17th January 2018), petra (27th February 2019), RunningDeer (27th July 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,162 times in 1,389 posts

Quote Posted by Hatemachines (here)
    I enjoyed the joke's!, but in this vid. he is addressing the vegan Stasi police to not be so unforgivingly strict on when someone can be called a vegan.

I never get that either; so you don't kill animals but killing off plants is no problem..? Plants have consciousness too, most have a groupconsciousness but some trees, like an oak, have their own separate consciousness.
    Plants are living, breething, communicating, entities that bring our planet to life with fotosynthesis and oxygen. Without them we would not exist here.

Vegans seem to think it's ok to make a fuss about the one but conveniently deny the other. I guess theyre just normal limited humans after all.
    This argument seems valid on the face of it and has been hashed out on Avalon many times before but just to reiterate, plants do not have a central nervous system and as a result are unable to feel pain. We can debate whether they are conscious as you claim but obtaining conclusive results would be, to say the least, challenging. This is obviously not the case with animals as we can all agree on their conscious status as well as their very tangible ability to feel pain and suffer as a result.

It should also be carefully noted that the "plants tho'" argument as it has affectionately become known in plant-based circles is entirely self-defeating since orders of magnitude more plants "suffer" through being fed to the livestock industry. In other words, eating plants directly instead of via the mechanism of meat results in far fewer of them being harmed.

So what's it to be?
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

dynamo (13th June 2018), Mike (17th January 2018), noprophet (18th January 2018), petra (27th February 2019), RunningDeer (27th July 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Deb that vid made me chuckle ("...and a$$holes on the side")

I'm much like you. Lot's of mixed feelings about eating meat. Tried vegetarianism briefly, for the same reasons as yourself, but without doing much research, and ate only tofu and fried veggies daily. I farted non stop. They weren't even very offensive, just extremely loud. I did this for several months, and it was akin to having a trumpet in my back pocket

Never once did I say to myself "ya know Mike, maybe you should try a different dish"; I just blamed veggies as a whole. I threw the whole food group under the bus because one fried meal ate daily made me fart constantly LOL. I wasn't too smart then, but mostly I was impatient and lazy and looking for an excuse to eat meat again.

And I still eat meat now. Still have mixed feelings too.

Hatemachines and Leonard, you both make good points and I can see where each of you is coming from. And this is the sane approach imo. Which is why Kasey appealed to me. He's grounded and reasonable and accomodating...not so dictatorial and unforgiving as some vegans can be. And for the vegan who is about to write "unforgiving???"...it's butchers who are unforgiving for killing those innocent animals..........", I get where you're coming from too.

But the truth is, I don't have the energy or desire to have the meat vs veggie debate. I just thought this guy was funny. I just wanted to profile some of his stuff. He does alot of vegan related stuff, obviously, but he talks about other stuff too.

Actually I contacted him yesterday and asked him to consider registering here. Lets see if he takes me up on it

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Debra (13th June 2018), DNA (18th January 2018), dynamo (13th June 2018), earthdreamer (17th January 2018), GaelVictor (17th January 2018), Ivanhoe (14th June 2018), petra (27th February 2019), RunningDeer (27th July 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hatemachines (here)
    You confuse symbiosis with parasitism, plants don't need humans.
    Plants will THRIVE on this planet without us.
    Arrr~~ Actually, I hate to say it is true at current moment. Humanity destroys more plants than helping them. Many people takes it for granted, that's why mother nature punishes them by giving them natural disasters. One thing good about humanity is, we got potential! We have the ability to change things. It is just that we have to Wake-Up!! One day I believe we can go from parasitism more towards to symbiosis. Being a vegan actually saves mother nature as well, it leaves less carbon footprints. So my friend, I know it is hard but please have faith in humanity, many awaken ones are trying their best to awaken others. Peace my friend~~

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leonard For This Post:

dynamo (13th June 2018), GaelVictor (18th January 2018), Mike (18th January 2018), RunningDeer (27th July 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,730 times in 4,313 posts

deleted..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, I've read this post of mine and decided it was rather insensitive and probably going to provoke somebody. For the record I've always found vegans to be quite rabid in their defense and ecclesiastical pursuits concerning their beliefs. At times I'm tempted to poke fun of them and that is probably not fair considering how passionate they are about their beliefs. So no poking...
    Last edited by DNA; 18th January 2018 at 02:02.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

BMJ (25th January 2018), Debra (28th July 2018), Denise/Dizi (26th February 2019), dynamo (13th June 2018), Leonard (18th January 2018), Mike (18th January 2018), petra (27th February 2019), RunningDeer (27th July 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Hello there DNA, I understand being trash talk by someone is really a bad feeling. After all, we all have the rights to do anything we want. We are our own Master, no one should control us in anyways. The thing is, any organization has black sheep. If I am a Vegan (btw, I am a vegetarian, haven't reach vegan level yet.) and I keep trash talking saying that you are a cold blooded creature because you eat meat, I am no better than you. You are not the guy who slaughter the cow, you don't even know how the cow died in the first place.
    What I should do is, trying to understand you more. And see how I can help you. That is why I said being connected is the most important thing.

Ok, here is what I know:
    Everything happens for a reason, there is no coincident. Saying it is a coincident just mean I don't understand what is going on and I am lazy to find out the truth. We live in a birth/death cycles, even though our bodies doesn't live for thousands of years our spirits keep going through cycles. The butcher and cows slaughter is also a cycle. The butcher can kill 100 of cows but later in his life, he might be a cow killed by butcher a hundred times. What we are trying to do here, is to end this miserable cycle.
    Living in this world, we shouldn't be so upset about anything which doesn't go according to our ways. Knowing that everything happened for a reason but eventually the spirit will learn. We are here just to accelerate the learning process. However, if the spirit doesn't listen, that just means that the spirit just haven't reach that level yet to understand. So the spirit will just have to go 1,2,3 instead of 1,3,5.

I hope that helps my friend
    Last edited by Leonard; 18th January 2018 at 02:53.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Leonard For This Post:

bluestflame (20th January 2018), DNA (18th January 2018), dynamo (13th June 2018), Mike (18th January 2018), Orph (18th January 2018), petra (27th February 2019), RunningDeer (27th July 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,730 times in 4,313 posts

Hello there DNA, I understand being trash talk by someone is really a bad feeling. After all, we all have the rights to do anything we want. We are our own Master, no one should control us in anyways. The thing is, any organization has black sheep. If I am a Vegan (btw, I am a vegetarian, haven't reach vegan level yet.) and I keep trash talking saying that you are a cold blooded creature because you eat meat, I am no better than you. You are not the guy who slaughter the cow, you don't even know how the cow died in the first place.
    What I should do is, trying to understand you more. And see how I can help you. That is why I said being connected is the most important thing.

to be continue.....
    Crap,,,,
    I was a little too late erasing my post.
    Well, for the record I had erased it before this post, as such I saw the potential for damage before the damage happened.
    I apologize Leonard. Vegetarianism and Veganism are noble pursuits and I absolutely wish you the best of luck on your journey in that direction.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

dynamo (13th June 2018), Leonard (18th January 2018), Mike (18th January 2018), petra (27th February 2019), RunningDeer (27th July 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)

to be continue.....
    Crap,,,,
    I was a little too late erasing my post.
    Well, for the record I had erased it before this post, as such I saw the potential for damage before the damage happened.
    I apologize Leonard. Vegetarianism and Veganism are noble pursuits and I absolutely wish you the best of luck on your journey in that direction.
    No no DNA, you are good. You are actually helping everyone to learn. Don't worry, you are good.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leonard For This Post:

DNA (18th January 2018), dynamo (13th June 2018), Mike (18th January 2018), petra (27th February 2019), RunningDeer (27th July 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

dynamo (13th June 2018), Leonard (20th January 2018), Mike (18th January 2018), RunningDeer (27th July 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

BMJ (25th January 2018), DNA (20th January 2018), dynamo (13th June 2018), Franny (27th February 2019), Ivanhoe (14th June 2018), Leonard (20th January 2018), Michelle Marie (27th July 2018), RunningDeer (27th July 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Damn Mike! I laughed so hard on this video! Awesome video, you make my day, LOLzzzz~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Leonard; 20th January 2018 at 11:49.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leonard For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (26th February 2019), dynamo (13th June 2018), Michelle Marie (27th July 2018), Mike (20th January 2018), RunningDeer (27th July 2018)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

this guy is really funny and informative. have a listen:

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Debra (13th June 2018), Denise/Dizi (26th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (23rd May 2019), DNA (13th June 2018), dynamo (13th June 2018), Ivanhoe (14th June 2018), RunningDeer (27th July 2018)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

Love him Mike!

‘ so I believe that I will have the thickest Mohawk on flat earth ‘

Lol

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (23rd May 2019), dynamo (13th June 2018), Ivanhoe (14th June 2018), Mike (13th June 2018), Omni (27th July 2018), RunningDeer (27th July 2018)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

10 Year Vegan Eats Nothing But Beef For 30 Days: Amazing Carnivore Diet Before And After Story

* I googled Kasey, Vegetable Police, to double check how to spell his name, i.e. Kasey or Casey. To my surprise, a Project Avalon thread came up.
    “I got a colonoscopy. I saw it with my own eyes. What I was watching was terrifying. I could see my colon. Oh my god! That’s terrible looking like it was all red. I could see the sores everywhere and white mucus everywhere. I was like oh my god I'm dying. What is that?

And so I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. Pan colitis, the whole colon. So I was like, okay we got it. We know what it is. What do I eat?

The doctors explained it’s not diet and that he’ll be on medication for the rest of his life. Kasey wasn’t having it and has been on a healing journey.

BTW: 3800 baht = $113 USD
    Vegetable Police YouTube
    Vegetable Police
    Published on Jul 26, 2018

10 Year Vegan Eats Nothing But Beef For 30 Days to heal his gut. I had ulcerative colitis and managed to cure it on a fruit based vegan diet. But my colon never fully healed, and I was suffering from constipation, bloating and pain. I tried every vegan diet imaginable with no relief in symptoms. I watched an interview with Mikhaila Peterson (added below) who healed herself eating nothing but beef. I was sick of the mediocre results on a vegan diet so I decided to try the carnivore diet. This is my before and after story. Will I go vegan again? Or stay on the beef cleanse? I'm getting amazing results, but I'm worried about my long term health. From vegan to carnivore. Can humans be carnivores?!

Thank you all for the amazing support over the last few days, it's keeping me going. This is not an easy switch for me emotionally. I felt much better promoting a vegan diet, but I just wasn't getting the results I should after 10 years, and it was getting impossible to narrow down my food sensitivities. I was losing faith that veganism was even healthy. I am talking with Gojiman and considering getting those tests done, but I will have to add some plants back slowly to experience those same symptoms for the tests to show anything, and that makes me a little nervous.

So for now, it's nice to be relieved of the symptoms, so I'll give it a little while longer. I want to clear something up though. I'm getting a lot of unnecessary and misplaced hate from vegans about all this. They are blindly assuming that I'm contributing to animal suffering and torture which I'm not. They don't seem to understand that I'm not contributing to factory farming. I'm buying grass fed beef from cows who live good lives out in the field just like they would in nature. There is literally no difference between a wild cow's life and a free range one except the farmed ones are protected from predators, and their death is quicker and less painful. Imagine getting eaten alive by wolves or starving to death in the wild. If you open the fence and let the cows go, they won't even leave lol. They are happy, and they will eventually die anyways in much crueler ways. If I need meat temporarily to get healthy, this is the most ethical way to do it. One cow could feed me for a year likely. That's one life. A cow who lived a good life and was put down in a way no worse than he would have died in nature. Compare that to someone eating grains for a year who will have contributed to many more animal deaths than I have.

So lets be real here, the living conditions of animals are the biggest problem with animal agriculture. Factory farming is despicable and I don't support it. And grass fed cows are not bad for the environment. Mono crops of wheat, corn and soy are much worse for the soil. You think migrating herds of buffalo are destroying the world by eat it's grass? It's how nature was meant to be, they renew the soil with their wonderful poo, so do some research before you bring outdated and incorrect cowspiracy type arguments that aren't actually true. And it's not like the whole world needs to eat beef. There can be plenty of healthy vegans and omnivores being fed sustainable here without factory farming.

Interview with Mikhaila Peterson: The Life Saving Diet

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (27th July 2018), Bill Ryan (27th July 2018), DNA (26th February 2019), Hym (27th July 2018), Michelle Marie (27th July 2018), Mike (27th July 2018)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Akasha (here)
    meanwhile.....
    People clearly aren't eating enough donkeys ...

Sorry, couldn't resist!!
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Akasha (27th July 2018), Hym (27th July 2018), Michelle Marie (27th July 2018), Mike (27th July 2018)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Meanwhile indeed.

I'm keeping shtoom on this topic for at least a month because Casey has claimed that various plant-based (fad) diets have healed his U.C. in the past too, only to have his symptoms return at a later date. I predict that in the longer term his current regime will not be successful and he will end up taking Gojiman up on his very generous and comprehensive offer.

Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 28th July 2018 at 07:26.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Mike (28th July 2018), RunningDeer (27th July 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast