+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: How to be healthy

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default How to be healthy

Instead of spending your hard earned money on doctors and medicines, let's spend it on healthy foods and anything which make you happy

~ Be Positive, calm and don’t be too stress out!!
    Stress activates the fight-or-flight response which produces the stress hormones. It is good for our ancestors since it helps them to perform better in a dangerous situation. However, it is not good for us since we are not doing much exercise to burn off the stress hormones. A little bit of stress is enough to help you perform but don’t put so much stress on yourself.

~ Follow the Traditional Chinese Organ Body Clock.
    It explains why sleeping late and skipping breakfasts are bad for health from TCM point of view.
    - Sleep hours varies depends on individual and age, sleep at least 6 hours. When you sleep early, wake-up automatically and feeling energetic, that's your sleeping hours. Just don't get back to bed or you will wake-up feeling groggy.
    Sometimes, I did a 30-45 minutes nap after lunch because my body tells me to do so.
    - Although there is a recommended time schedules for breakfast, Lunch and dinner,
    I do recommend eat less but more often. Eat about 70% full and take a bit of healthy snack in between each major meal.
    No food 3 hours before bed time.
    Note: That is just a general guideline, listen to your body and adjusts it to the optimum conditions.

~ Diets
    Note: If you are sensitive to a particular food, DO NOT take the food. ALWAYS listen to your body!!
    Taking mix fruits, a bit of here and there is good. One apple, one banana, one orange per day is good. If you want to get rid of fluoride from your body, you can take Tamarinds.
    Taking mix vegetables. If you are a vegan or vegetarian, take more beans, grains, nuts and seeds for protein. Spirulina powder is a good source of protein as well.
    Note: It is better to take Vitamin B12 supplement if you are a vegan.
    Replace white rice with brown rice or Quinoa.
    Papaya seeds: Improve digestion, remove parasites, etc
    There are also foods which you should try to avoid:

Here is a list of Dr Sebi alkaline foods.
    Dr Sebi said the healthiest alkaline to acid ratio is 80% alkaline and 20% acidic. This ratio gives optimum health and protection against diseases.

If you are interested in Dr Sebi conspiracy watch this video:

- If you are overweight and diabetic, I will Strongly recommend Water fasting (Credit: Bill Ryan)
    - If you are mega-discipline and want to take this to the extreme:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR1FCJS8DoM

~ Exercise
    Depends on your body but I will say 30-45 minutes of accumulating moderate intensity exercise per day for optimum health benefit. Do incorporate some strength and resistance training exercises on various body parts.
    It is recommended to exercise in a warm and non-polluted environment, preferably in garden or park.

~ Make your home full of fresh air
    Grow some fruit trees round your house, to improve air quality and receive organic fruits.
    Grow some Areca Palm (Chrysalidocarpus lutescens) in your living room.
    Grow some Mother-in-law Tongue (Sansevieria trifasciata) in your bedroom. Note that this plant might be toxic to cats and dogs.

"Nature itself is the best technology."
    - Leonard

~ Filter your water
    Get rid of chlorine, fluoride, heavy metals and volatile organic chemical from your tap water, as many of these can be absorbed through your skin.
    Reverse osmosis system:
    Although I know it removes more than 90% of the beneficial minerals as well, but you can always get it back from fruits and vegetables.
    Deionizers
    Other filters

~ Meditation
    Here is the basic for everyone.
    Here is 5 simple tips about meditation with Y.S.Rinpoche
    Meditation can be done anywhere, just be mindful of your surrounding. It can be used to improve the quality of your life and experiencing more. It can also be used to break addictions.
    For example when a person is eating potato chips:
    ~ If he/she is focusing on munching and tasting the potato chips, the potato chips will taste 2 - 5 times better, he/she will then be satisfied and eat less.
    ~ If he/she is not focusing on eating potato chips but watching TV and thinking at the same time, by the time he/she finished watching the show he/she will realised the bag of potato chips is empty.

~ Others which help
    Acupuncture (Credit: Rachel)
    - The Twelve Meridians (Credit: Omi)

Essential Oils (EO)
    ~ Four Thieves (For Boosting immunity and driving away bacteria/viruses)
    ~ Frankincense (For connection and others health benefits)
    ~ Lavender (For calming down and other benefits)
    ~ Lemon
    ~ Lemongrass
    ~ Nutmeg
    ~ Orange
    ~ Peppermint (Don't use daily for more than 2 weeks as it might cause neurotoxic)
    ~ Pine
    ~ Rose (Very Expensive)
    ~ Tea Tree
    ~ Etc
    Note: I would recommend high quality natural EO (Grade 4.5 and above) but not low quality or synthetic EO. Low quality/synthetic EO usually cause allergies. Low quality EO benefits the body a little and will take longer time for the benefits to take place. Synthetic EO usually won't benefits the body at all and might deteriorates they body.

Tai Chi and Qi Gong

Final Note:
    You are the BEST Doctor yourself. You know more about yourself than any others doctor. Always listen to your body. Peace guys
    Last edited by Leonard; 26th March 2018 at 05:07.

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Leonard For This Post:

Apulu (30th January 2018), Bill Ryan (19th January 2018), Bluegreen (21st January 2018), Cardillac (19th January 2018), daddy-keith (8th December 2020), Debra (6th February 2018), East Sun (20th January 2018), GaelVictor (19th January 2018), genevieve (19th January 2018), Innocent Warrior (19th January 2018), KiwiElf (20th January 2018), Lunesoleil (9th November 2020), Michelle Marie (19th January 2018), Mike (19th January 2018), Nasu (19th January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018), Omi (20th January 2018), onevoice (24th January 2018), petra (19th January 2018), Rebecca (11th February 2018), Richard S. (19th January 2018), shadowstalker (24th March 2018), Sunny-side-up (19th January 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

Default Re: How to be healthy

Everything stems from the thoughts/thinking patterns of the human being ... Negative thoughts negative results, positive thoughts, positive results, where the mind goes the body follows ... You reap what you sow ... Cause and effect , yin and yang... It's going to start with a persons thinking...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

East Sun (20th January 2018), Innocent Warrior (19th January 2018), KiwiElf (20th January 2018), Leonard (19th January 2018), Lunesoleil (9th November 2020), Michelle Marie (19th January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018), petra (20th January 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Thanks for the link about the Traditional Chinese Organ Body Clock, it's fascinating! For some reason I'm thinking of Acupuncture as well, I looked it up and that's Chinese Medicine too. Another fascinating thing, that has had proven results, however some people would just call it a placebo. I tend to trust Chinese Medicine a lot more than our own medicine, but maybe that's my stereotypes talking.

Following what ghostrider said, that part would makes sense too, at least in some cases. "Where the mind goes, the body follows" is a really good saying, I like that a lot. I think there's very much truth to that one

The reason I'm looking into this more is my lack of desire to eat food. Especially in the morning. I know it's not healthy. The mind is a powerful thing... and if my mind will not let me swallow my food... that's obviously a problem... in my mind.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th January 2018), Innocent Warrior (19th January 2018), KiwiElf (20th January 2018), Leonard (19th January 2018), Michelle Marie (19th January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018), Valerie Villars (29th January 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

I'd add acupuncture and water fasts to your excellent list, both brilliant for healing and maintaining health.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th January 2018), KiwiElf (20th January 2018), Leonard (19th January 2018), Michelle Marie (19th January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,188 times in 1,661 posts

@Leonard

"It is recommended to exercise in a warm and non-polluted environment"- yes, of course, but how we can avoid breathing chemtrails?

it's been known for a long time that an acidic body opens the door to disease-

I think the biggest factor in promoting good health is to avoid pharmaceuticals (if one can) and vaccinations (we all can)-

Larry

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

East Sun (20th January 2018), Innocent Warrior (20th January 2018), Leonard (19th January 2018), Michelle Marie (19th January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

Quote Posted by Rachel (here)
    I'd add acupuncture and water fasts to your excellent list, both brilliant for healing and maintaining health.
    You just described my week: acupuncture followed by a water fast!

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (20th January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018), petra (20th January 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Before I read Sue Arrigo's stuff, my intuition guided me to get off ALL pharmaceuticals. I was only on thyroid medicine, but I found alternatives, including exercise. That was many years ago.

Your Sickness & Genocide Planned
    http://avalonlibrary.net/Sue_Arrigo/...0the%20USA.pdf

I don't go to doctors or take pharmaceuticals.

Unfortunately, my parents do. Recently my dad started losing lots of weight. Come to find out it was from some heart medicine that thinned his blood. He is in the hospital now. Just went in 2 days ago.

I spoke to my mom about this, but they are used to depending on doctors. I didn't want to say too much, because we now have delicate circumstances. He is 91.

MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 19th January 2018 at 22:21.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

East Sun (20th January 2018), Innocent Warrior (20th January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018), petra (20th January 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    Everything stems from the thoughts/thinking patterns of the human being ... Negative thoughts negative results, positive thoughts, positive results, where the mind goes the body follows ... You reap what you sow ... Cause and effect , yin and yang... It's going to start with a persons thinking...
    I agreed on that, thinking can shape things, thinking are required before new actions. Intuitions are learned from the thinking of the past/past-life.

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    Thanks for the link about the Traditional Chinese Organ Body Clock, it's fascinating! For some reason I'm thinking of Acupuncture as well, I looked it up and that's Chinese Medicine too. Another fascinating thing, that has had proven results, however some people would just call it a placebo. I tend to trust Chinese Medicine a lot more than our own medicine, but maybe that's my stereotypes talking.

Following what ghostrider said, that part would makes sense too, at least in some cases. "Where the mind goes, the body follows" is a really good saying, I like that a lot. I think there's very much truth to that one

The reason I'm looking into this more is my lack of desire to eat food. Especially in the morning. I know it's not healthy. The mind is a powerful thing... and if my mind will not let me swallow my food... that's obviously a problem... in my mind.
    You are most welcome. Tradition Chinese Medicine has a history of more than 4,000 years of trial and error. And it focus on treating the diseases from the core by using herbs. The down side is, it takes time and you are ban from eating some of the junk foods. Yes petra, follow your heart because everyone is different. The optimum time for breakfast is 7am-9am, you can have breakfast at 9:10am is still not a problem.

I don’t know much about acupuncture and water fasts but I will add to the list, many thanks~~
    Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    @Leonard

"It is recommended to exercise in a warm and non-polluted environment"- yes, of course, but how we can avoid breathing chemtrails?

it's been known for a long time that an acidic body opens the door to disease-

I think the biggest factor in promoting good health is to avoid pharmaceuticals (if one can) and vaccinations (we all can)-

Larry
    You can't totally avoid it but you can try to avoid it as much as possible. Go to places with less cars but more trees, do hiking or mountain hiking early in the morning where the air is freshest. Do gym at home, you don't need sophisticated machines, just 2 adjustable dumbbells and a yoga mat will do. Better still, put some Areca Palms in your gym room to filter the air. Finishes the exercises before night, it is not recommended to do it at night.
    Yes~~ Avoids pharmaceuticals and vaccinations, you never know what they put inside!!

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    Before I read Sue Arrigo's stuff, my intuition guided me to get off ALL pharmaceuticals. I was only on thyroid medicine, but I found alternatives, including exercise. That was many years ago.

http://avalonlibrary.net/Sue_Arrigo/...0the%20USA.pdf

Unfortunately, my parents do. Recently my dad started losing lots of weight. Come to find out it was from some heart medicine that thinned his blood. He is in the hospital now. Just went in 2 days ago.

I spoke to my mom about this, but they are used to depending on doctors. I didn't want to say too much, because we now have delicate circumstances. He is 91.

MM
    Yes you are right Michelle!! Always follow your intuitions no matter it is right or wrong. If it is wrong, you intuition will learn and be more accurate later. My grandmother is under medications for diabetes, the doctor said you can't stop your medications. And after years of medications, later only to be found out that she got bad kidneys. The doctors then have to strip off 2 of her 3 diabetes medicines. Seriously, I can't believe the doctors are using us clients as lab rats.
    I really feel sorry about your case, I can understand it because I am in a similar situation as well. My mum also got diabetes and she is under medications. The greedy saleman doctor said, it can't be stopped and you must keep taking my medicines. Diabetes Can Be Cured, For Goodness Sake!! You just have to follow a proper diet and exercise regime. I am currently taking my mum to Taman Merdeka for morning exercises every Sunday.
    Last edited by Leonard; 20th January 2018 at 00:41.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leonard For This Post:

ghostrider (20th January 2018), Innocent Warrior (20th January 2018), KiwiElf (20th January 2018), Michelle Marie (20th January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

My grandma was into natural health: good eating, vitamins, juicing. She was my role model.

Once I got arthritis really bad. Instead of taking the prescriptions, I got health food supplements and acupuncture and it went away. The dr said it wouldn't be cured and that I would be on pharmaceuticals the rest of my life. I rejected that with my whole soul.

MM

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

East Sun (20th January 2018), Innocent Warrior (20th January 2018), KiwiElf (20th January 2018), Leonard (20th January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018), petra (20th January 2018), Valerie Villars (29th January 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

I am glad that you follow your heart and made the right decision
    Acupuncture is not a myth, I got backpain problems and after every acupuncture session, my backpain can go away for 2 weeks. I had been to an orthopaedic specialist, they took an X-Ray and said there is nothing wrong (If there is nothing wrong then why I feel the pain?). Currently I don't do acupuncture, because it is quite a chore to do it every 2 weeks. I wear special spectrum cloths which amazingly get rid of my backpain. I did Tai Chi as well and it works, although it could be slow and painful at the start. I have quit Tai Chi for six months because of feeling the guilt and urge of saving families and mother nature. Have been clearing out rubbishes at home. Removing cemented flooring and do planting (Pretty sure I grew more than a hundred of them). Removing rocks and rubbishes outside my house for plants to grow. Not using any shampoo for shower. My families members looking at me like some kind of alien, lolz~~ I do plan to do Tai Chi again soon. Peace~ Leonard.
    Last edited by Leonard; 20th January 2018 at 03:19.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leonard For This Post:

East Sun (20th January 2018), Innocent Warrior (20th January 2018), Michelle Marie (20th January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Leonard (here)
    I don’t know much about acupuncture and water fasts but I will add to the list, many thanks~~

I highly recommend you check them out, they're the epitome of "nature itself is the best technology" in action, I think you'll like them.

Acupuncture balances your chi (really efficiently), the therapeutic effects are many and often immediate, HERE's an article. Quoting from the article, "Western medicine is about treating a specific issue, whereas traditional medicine is more like tuning an engine".

The best thing about water fasting is this, "The body is forced to use stores of glucose and fat during prolonged fasting, but it also breaks down a significant portion of white blood cells. This depletion “triggers stem cell-based regeneration of new immune system cells.” It essentially shifts stem cells “from a dormant state into a state of self-renewal”, article on this HERE. Avalon thread on water fasting HERE.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Leonard (20th January 2018), Michelle Marie (20th January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 times in 189 posts

I refer to the website below for information on organs and pressure points when giving shiatsu massage.

The Twelve Meridians
    http://lieske.com/channels.htm

Water fills up 70-80% of the human body, quality and purity are important for sure.
    I do think people more often overlook the importance of just keeping themselves hydrated to begin with (and just to mention that coffee and alcohol are dehydrating). I aim for 3 liters of water and tea combined daily, it helps with better circulation of energy flow.

Has sleep been mentioned in this thread yet? (sorry I haven't read through all the posts..)
    If I may, I'd suggest sleep to also be added to the growing list of effective ways for good health.

Some people need very little sleep and they still function fine during the day. I think it depends on how connected and in-tune one's consciousness is with the astral.
    Others need more, but in often cases are being deprived of it. 1 extra hour could sometimes really help in reducing stress and having more energy.

Types of sleep patterns
    https://sleephabits.net/sleep-patterns
    Remember that all is One. -Edgar Cayce

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Leonard (20th January 2018), Michelle Marie (20th January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018), Valerie Villars (29th January 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Thank you very much Rachel, it is good to learn such Great Knowledge from you. I will see how I can apply it to my life
    Interesting facts: Dr Sebi fast for 90 days and claims he is no longer impotent, asthmatic, diabetic and no longer needed to use his glasses.

Hello~~ Omi, I have added "The Twelve Meridians" and Sleep hours in my list. Many thanks for that
    About hydration, the urine colour can indicate whether you are hydrated or not, colourless urine is the best (a bit of yellow is fine). I usually drink water when I feel thirsty because I obtain quite a lot of water from fruits and vegetables.
    Yes, coffee and alcohol are dehydrating I don't drink them much. About the tea, make sure you use the high quality tea leaves. Low quality tea is high in fluoride content.

All the best my friends~
    Last edited by Leonard; 20th January 2018 at 14:15.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leonard For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (21st January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018), petra (20th January 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Aah!! I got to the part about the forced vaccines and was reminded about a story of forced LSD. I couldn't read any more, wow though really. I'm glad people are paying attention, because I sure can't read that - too much cringing and shuddering for me.

Same here MM, my mother's also on blood thinners. When she was more active, the bruising was bad. She was so purple! Now she's less active and so less bruises, and she's on so much medication... there's even pills for anxiety. Those work. If my anxiety gets really bad maybe I will ask her if I could have one! I'm not against it entirely... I just rather not take medication.

I pray his doctors are good nice people and not like the doctor who took care of my dad. It's so very important to have a good doctor I think. I have not seen mine in a LONG time but I like her, she's young but smart. I had to fight her NOT to get a vaccine once, because I read the fine print on it. I knew I didn't need that vaccine... and in the end she agreed with me. Sometimes it's good to argue

Yes petra, follow your heart because everyone is different.
    My heart thinks something is wrong with my body clock....(???) lol

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Leonard (20th January 2018), Michelle Marie (20th January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Aah!! I got to the part about the forced vaccines and was reminded about a story of forced LSD. I couldn't read any more, wow though really. I'm glad people are paying attention, because I sure can't read that - too much cringing and shuddering for me.

Same here MM, my mother's also on blood thinners. When she was more active, the bruising was bad. She was so purple! Now she's less active and so less bruises, and she's on so much medication... there's even pills for anxiety. Those work. If my anxiety gets really bad maybe I will ask her if I could have one! I'm not against it entirely... I just rather not take medication.

I pray his doctors are good nice people and not like the doctor who took care of my dad. It's so very important to have a good doctor I think. I have not seen mine in a LONG time but I like her, she's young but smart. I had to fight her NOT to get a vaccine once, because I read the fine print on it. I knew I didn't need that vaccine... and in the end she agreed with me. Sometimes it's good to argue

Thank you, Petra. I was just praying that this morning - for good doctors and nurses. I think the love in their hearts (the caring ones) is more effective than the medicine. Waiting to get a call back from my mom to see how he is doing...

MM

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Leonard (20th January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018), petra (21st January 2018)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Omi (here)
    I refer to the website below for information on organs and pressure points when giving shiatsu massage.

The Twelve Meridians
    http://lieske.com/channels.htm

Water fills up 70-80% of the human body, quality and purity are important for sure.
    I do think people more often overlook the importance of just keeping themselves hydrated to begin with (and just to mention that coffee and alcohol are dehydrating). I aim for 3 liters of water and tea combined daily, it helps with better circulation of energy flow.

Has sleep been mentioned in this thread yet? (sorry I haven't read through all the posts..)
    If I may, I'd suggest sleep to also be added to the growing list of effective ways for good health.

Some people need very little sleep and they still function fine during the day. I think it depends on how connected and in-tune one's consciousness is with the astral.
    Others need more, but in often cases are being deprived of it. 1 extra hour could sometimes really help in reducing stress and having more energy.

Types of sleep patterns
    https://sleephabits.net/sleep-patterns
    My sleep patterns vary. When I'm integrating something new (or consciously reprogramming) I need lots of extra sleep.

My body tells me...

MM

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Leonard (20th January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018), petra (21st January 2018)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Everyone's body is complicated. If your heart thinks something is wrong with your body clock, did your heart also teaches you how to change it?
    Are you doing water fasting, petra? Because I just realized that is a different story.
    Last edited by Leonard; 21st January 2018 at 04:43.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Leonard For This Post:

petra (21st January 2018)

35. Link to Post #18
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Thank you very much Rachel, it is good to learn such Great Knowledge from you. I will see how I can apply it to my life
    Interesting facts: Dr Sebi fast for 90 days and claims he is no longer impotent, asthmatic, diabetic and no longer needed to use his glasses.
    You're most welcome, Leonard, glad you find it helpful.

Wow, outstanding results there, it doesn't surprise me in the least. IIRC something like 50% of our energy is used to digest our food, so when we fast all that extra energy is freed up to be used for healing which is all directed by the intelligence of our bodies, all we have to do is not get in its way.

One final thought I should add; it's very important to listen to your body when doing fasts and when it tells you to eat you must eat, you'll know when to eat again because your hunger will return, some people also dream of eating, that's your body yelling, "I've used up all the stores, eat now!".

I'm doing a water fast at the moment. I haven't done an extended fast in years and although my BMI, heart rate and blood pressure are all still in the healthy range and I have no chronic health issues I'm in the worst shape I've ever been in. I won't be eating again until my hunger returns and I estimate I've got enough fat to last me roughly 40 days, so I'm keeping a journal and recording my stats each day, I can send that to you when I'm done if you're interested in checking out the result (still early days, won't be done for roughly a month yet). It won't show any miraculous healings as it is more of a tuning my engine fast but I'm very out of tune so it should show some major improvements in my stats.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 21st January 2018 at 06:18.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st January 2018), Leonard (21st January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Interesting~~
    You said "IIRC something like 50% of our energy is used to digest our food", that is like if we eat normally. Some foods are easier to digest, like if we eat chai seeds, quinoa, banana, papaya and watermelon only,
    will it takes only 20% of our energy to digest foods?

About "when it tells you to eat you must eat, you'll know when to eat again because your hunger will return", I always feed hungry early in the morning, so I can't skip breakfast for fasting? Or maybe I just take chai seeds and 1 banana for breakfast.

All the best to your water fasting, you will get over it

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leonard For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (22nd January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018)

39. Link to Post #20
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Everyone's body is complicated. If your heart thinks something is wrong with your body clock, did your heart also teaches you how to change it?
    Are you doing water fasting, petra? Because I just realized that is a different story.
    There's a whole lot that needs to change with my habits, but really I think it's a slow process if I want to do it properly. Feels like first thing should be to see my dentist! I started using the sensitive teeth toothpaste, and then someone mentioned about eliminating flouride. I already know flouride is bad for you, I didn't think it was in my toothpaste though. But then I read it, and that's exactly the "medicinal ingredient" in my toothpaste!! If I stop using the "stupid toothpaste" I end up suffering from pain, so I think that's what I'd like to fix first

I can't do the water fasting because I'm already pretty small and can't afford to lose weight, but really ought to drink more water overall. I'm a terrible coffee drinker, that'll be tough to ever quit.
    Last edited by petra; 21st January 2018 at 15:07.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Leonard (22nd January 2018), O Donna (2nd February 2018), Valerie Villars (29th January 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast