+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Happens To Religion If We Find Extraterrestrial Life?

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Question What Happens To Religion If We Find Extraterrestrial Life?

A question I'd like to put to Project Avalon's great open minds...

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Veritas Radio

David Weintruab Ph.D | What Happens To Religion If We Find Extraterrestrial Life?

Published 18th January 2018

Almost every week astronomers bring us news of new planets around other stars, With these discoveries comes the proclamation by a wise astronomer that this planet leads us ever closer to discovering life beyond Earth.
    Are we alone? or do we have company out there? Whatever the answer, This knowledge will trigger the greatest intellectual challenge in human history. Not the least of which it will be a theological one for terrestrial religions.
    Might a great spiritual awakening & revolution lay just ahead of us? David Weintruab Ph.D, Professor of Astronomy @ Vanderbuilt University is here to answer this mammoth question & more in this interview.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Art (20th January 2018), Baby Steps (19th January 2018), Bluegreen (19th January 2018), Cardillac (19th January 2018), Cidersomerset (19th January 2018), dan33 (7th April 2018), GaelVictor (19th January 2018), Mercedes (19th January 2018), mojo (28th January 2018), sherron44 (31st January 2018), starlight (20th January 2018), toppy (19th January 2018), william r sanford72 (19th January 2018), wondering (19th January 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,150 times in 501 posts

Default Re: What Happens To Religion If We Find Extraterrestrial Life?

Greetings
    Here's a thought....set aside what your parents told you...step back from what your priest or rabbi told you...open the book and READ IT COVER TO COVER...BOTH OF THEM... and then ask yourself....does this sound like the words of GOD? The First Source...the Creator of ALL? Blessings. end of line.
    If people can be made to believe absurdities, then they can be made to accept atrocities."

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lefty Dave For This Post:

Art (20th January 2018), Bluegreen (19th January 2018), Cardillac (19th January 2018), dan33 (7th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (19th January 2018), Mercedes (19th January 2018), mojo (28th January 2018), sherron44 (31st January 2018), Star Tsar (21st January 2018), starlight (20th January 2018), william r sanford72 (19th January 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,945 times in 464 posts

Hello Star Tsar, I do not attribute myself to have a great open mind, but been in the religious crowd for a while and then got out, so now been looking for the truth for the past nine years, and from what I now gather is that the god we have come to know as the bible god, the coran god, the torah god, the bhagavad gita god (gods) , the whole bunch of egiptian gods, aztec gods, mayan gods, inca gods, all are extraterrestrial beings. Powerful and mighty, cruel and capricious. All done in a perfect breeding ground for worship and fear. So if there is ever a full disclosure in this life time it is going to be a good challenge for people to get their moral compass from within instead from a religious book. It is going to be at the very least interesting.
    Last edited by Mercedes; 19th January 2018 at 16:03.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

Art (20th January 2018), Bluegreen (19th January 2018), Cardillac (19th January 2018), East Sun (29th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (19th January 2018), Nasu (19th January 2018), raregem (6th April 2018), sherron44 (31st January 2018), Star Tsar (21st January 2018), starlight (20th January 2018), william r sanford72 (19th January 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

@Lefty Dave

bingo, Dave- couldn't agree with you more-

end of line- full stop :-)))

stay well!

Larry

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (19th January 2018), Lefty Dave (20th January 2018), Mercedes (19th January 2018), sherron44 (10th April 2018), Star Tsar (21st January 2018), starlight (20th January 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Belief Systems......Either we choose the "box" in which we wish to live or we simply accept, without questioning, the "box" we were handed by our parents.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Lefty Dave (20th January 2018), Mercedes (19th January 2018), sherron44 (31st January 2018), Star Tsar (21st January 2018), starlight (20th January 2018), william r sanford72 (6th April 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Well Star, I did have some interactions with et's who looked like humans but most certainly were not human as we understand them and it blew every concept of what is really happening here on this planet to smithereens. I consider myself very spiritual and there were some very spiritual experiences during the same time frame, but having my paradigm so completely busted made me doubtful about praying for a very long time.

Now I have always been an outlier and have never accepted what others told me if it didn't make sense. For instance, as a little child and having been raised Catholic, I did not understand and couldn't make sense of the concept of original sin. How could some little kid be guilty of original sin. What the f(*k?

Going against the grain has never been easy but I was okay with that. I could always see they had big problems with the world and I wasn't buying somebody else's pre-packaged bullsh*t answer for why things were the way they were.

I have a very open mind and always have. And I have been in a variety of unconventional situations in my life, which would make many stronger people cry uncle.

So, for someone like me to have my world view blown apart and question God is incredible.

To answer your question, if the majority of white bread people are confronted with the reality of et's, they will not be able to handle it. They will completely and utterly fall apart because they have always bought the easiest lies. It would be pure chaos and a breaking apart of society such has never been seen on this planet.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (29th January 2018), Star Tsar (29th January 2018), william r sanford72 (6th April 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Whats in a word Villival? What's in a word...

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

dan33 (7th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (29th January 2018), william r sanford72 (6th April 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Star, if I hadn't been lied to since birth, as we all have, it wouldn't have been such a big deal. Even though I am long past this point, it sort of reminds me of the time when I was a little girl and some other child told me Santa Claus wasn't real. I was devastated because my parents, the ones I trusted the most, had lied to me.

I guess it's just part of growing up. I have probably interacted with ultra dimensionals my whole life and just didn't realize it.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (29th January 2018), sherron44 (10th April 2018), Star Tsar (29th January 2018), william r sanford72 (6th April 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,705 times in 8,941 posts

Quote Posted by Villival (here)
    Well Star, I did have some interactions with et's who looked like humans but most certainly were not human as we understand them and it blew every concept of what is really happening here on this planet to smithereens. I consider myself very spiritual and there were some very spiritual experiences during the same time frame, but having my paradigm so completely busted made me doubtful about praying for a very long time.

Now I have always been an outlier and have never accepted what others told me if it didn't make sense. For instance, as a little child and having been raised Catholic, I did not understand and couldn't make sense of the concept of original sin. How could some little kid be guilty of original sin. What the f(*k?

Going against the grain has never been easy but I was okay with that. I could always see they had big problems with the world and I wasn't buying somebody else's pre-packaged bullsh*t answer for why things were the way they were.

I have a very open mind and always have. And I have been in a variety of unconventional situations in my life, which would make many stronger people cry uncle.

So, for someone like me to have my world view blown apart and question God is incredible.

To answer your question, if the majority of white bread people are confronted with the reality of et's, they will not be able to handle it. They will completely and utterly fall apart because they have always bought the easiest lies. It would be pure chaos and a breaking apart of society such has never been seen on this planet.
    Villival, I do not agree with pure chaos for knowing or realizing the existence of ETs. It would be a general shock, but we, as a group, would overcome it quite fast, necessity being the master of creativity. I would expect a massive slump of some days or weeks, then back to normal. The group think would help every individual - the worst being when we are alone to deal with incredible world shaking knowledge. We are extremely good at adjusting to new realities, this is what made our species survive.

Now, for the guilt about the original sin, I discovered 40 years later what it was about. Catholics are strong on creating, using and emphasizing false guilt, Muslims are good at creating, using and emphasizing false shame. Both have the same exact use: control.

However, I discovered that all human had basic pre-programmed guilt/shame in their being. It is the guilt/shame of separation from one's higher self, to have accepted to create into a universe that is away from true creation. This is the source of the fundamental guilt/shame of existing that we all have. This is the original sin. Felt it in all my cell and soul. We have to forgive ourselves.

As for betrayal, my daughter had the same reaction when I told her Santa Claus does not exist. She was crying and crying telling me "how could you ever lie to me, mommy". I was devastated to have betrayed her.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Star Tsar (29th January 2018), Valerie Villars (1st February 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

I think there might be a push to have ET's as a messiah. Promises supposedly of free energy and future tech to save our world, all be equal, make our lives sustainable, help us to sort out this mess. At what cost? I reckon it could cost the earth.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

Star Tsar (29th January 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,581 times in 1,719 posts

Alien not only created us but also have controlled us for ever. Now I believe we are being genocided in every way without making it obvious. It has become obvious to me bur I can't proove it. I hear examples every day: When asked why we are being bombarded by chem trails daily some military people say, "They are not our planes" which I believe.

Gov. keep us in the dark for a "good" reason, we would be scared literally to death (some of us) if we knew the reality of our situation. They are more advanced and use us.

There are too many of us now so we need to be culled in their opinion.

The so called elite are aware of the situation because they are part of "them". There are et's or ed's and reptilians who treat us like cattle. We better wake up and soon.

People like David Icke are right and should be listened to.

We need to make all people aware even if it kills them or us.
    Better to die that way than worse...

Just listened to Richard Dolan for over an hour. What an intellect he is.
    Uplifting and aware with a great outlook.

A pleasure to listen to.
    Last edited by East Sun; 30th January 2018 at 17:30.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Star Tsar (29th January 2018), Valerie Villars (1st February 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

On topic so I'll share here...

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Veritas Radio

Joe Lewels, Ph.D | God Hypothesis: E.T. Life and Its Implications for Science and Religion

Published 6th April 2018

S y n o p s i s

UFO researchers have long steered clear of religion for good reasons. The last thing they want is to be thought of as cultists who worship UFOs, as many debunkers have claimed. As a result, much of UFO research in the past 50 or so years has centered on the use of scientific methods to document and quantify the many thousands of UFO sightings and encounters reported from the world over. However, some researchers and UFO experiencers have seen elements of the phenomenon as having religious and spiritual undertones. One of the issues that separates the two camps is the question of when UFOs first appeared on planet earth. Is there good evidence that proves they have been here for thousands of years? Examine the evidence and decide for yourself during this scholarly approach by this week's guest, the author of The God Hypothesis: Extraterrestrial Life and its Implications for Science and Religion.

B i o

Joe Lewels is the author of The God Hypothesis: Extraterrestrial Life and Its Implications for Science and Religion, and Rulers of the Earth: Secrets of the Sons of God, both of which document his many years of research into the UFO and alien abduction phenomena. He holds a Ph.D. in journalism and mass communication from the University of Missouri and is a certified hypnotherapist.

He was chairman of the departments of journalism and mass communication at the University of Texas at El Paso from 1972-1982. He served as assistant state director for West Texas and Southern New Mexico for the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) from 1993-2000 and was a regular contributor to the MUFON Journal. He edited the Freedom of Information Digest at the University of Missouri and was a writer and editor of the U.S. Army Aviation Digest at Ft. Rucker, Alabama. Additionally, he was awarded the bronze star and the air medal with oak leaf clusters for his service as an Army reconnaissance pilot in the Republic of South Vietnam in 1967-1968.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

mojo (6th April 2018), william r sanford72 (6th April 2018)

+ Reply to Thread