+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SOUND ALCHEMY Presentation - Hermetic Sound characteristics -

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 times in 335 posts

Default Re: SOUND ALCHEMY Presentation - Hermetic Sound characteristics -

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    could you please state sources?- as I'm a professional musician (and you?) it would interrest me greatly-
    Hi Larry,
    This assertion is based on my own research into the matter, as for obvious reasons such research needs to be done quietly for the most part, coming forward only once there is undeniable evidence for a crowd that seems suspiciously enthusiastic about shutting down anything which deviates from the narrowly defined accepted status quo.

I can explain the research. It involves biofeedback equipment which monitors entrainability in subjects as they are exposed to different waveform combinations across multiple senses. "Entrainability" means how well biosignals such as brainwaves and heart rate begin to synchronize with the source signals (or not at all). There are other indicators such as muscle tension increase or reduction, galvanic skin response, etc.

The research indicates several things so far. First of all, a lot depends on the category of individual selected for experiments. By category, I mean several things. One dimension of categorization is the pure entrainability of the individual to any stimulus at all. Some people are completely blocked off, and seemingly at the crux of the matter is intention. Individuals who intend to not respond to stimuli are often quite good at succeeding at this. We might know these kind of people as being walled off in many more obvious ways.

So let's focus on those not in that first category, the ones who are open to stimuli, and do respond to them.

Within that category, we find individuals who respond more immediately to some base frequencies than others. In other words, some individuals are tuned more sharp than others, others more flat than others. The process to determine this base frequency for the individual involves varying the base frequency of the stimuli until the individual is showing the maximum responsiveness. This is not the easiest thing as it takes a good amount of data recording at each attempt to be sure, and there can be other factors at play that skew the data.

So there was an effort to work around this obstacle by forming the hypothesis I mentioned above. Was there a "right" frequency range versus a "wrong" one? Assuming this to be true, it was possible to select individuals based on other data that might correlate to these two categories.

By "right", I mean a category of person not in need of advanced meditation technology at all. In other words, they were already showing signs of being in a healthy groove, of being synchronized with the natural cycles in a way that allowed them to be happy, healthy, at peace.

And by "wrong", I mean a category of person who truly is in need of this kind of technology. In other words, they show severe signs of residual stress, of inability to fall into natural cycles such as circadian rhythm (24 hour sleep/wake cycle).

This was a breakthrough, as the data fit perfectly to the hypothesis. As it turns out, those seeking out this kind of technology most as an alternative means to eliminate residual stress and return to a healthy state were entraining more easily to sharper base frequencies, the ones out of the pocket. It took them longer to entrain, and it was not always possible to use the technology's actual purpose to ease them down into the pocket (the process of lowering brainwave synchronization state into the meditative state). Their brainwaves would exhibit fight or flight signature patterns matching worry, anxiety, dis-ease.

Conversely those who hardly would need this technology at all entrained readily to frequencies in the pocket, and responded quickly to the frequency lowering protocol to bring the mind into the meditative state.

All in all, the conclusions formed from this study suggested that it is in fact necessary to entrain those who truly need the technology using base frequencies higher than the pocket, and to very gradually, over the course of many sessions, bring them back into the pocket while looking holistically at other aggravators in their life and lifestyle that could be improved or eliminated.

In other words, it has been reduced to a process of undoing damage caused by, among other things, however many years of absorption of out-of-pocket frequencies which contribute to permanency of residual stress. Deeply anchored residual stress can take a very long time to clear.

To summarize, the pocket, and the out-of-pocket frequency ranges alternate with one another as you look across the octave. The 5-limit just intonation relative frequencies to a frequency within the pocket also land in their own pockets as well. Equally tempered intervals relative to a frequency outside of the pocket land in their own out-of-pocket ranges as well.

The matter is anything but trivial enough to call out a specific frequency like 432hz or 440hz as being the whole of it. People need the simplicity of a single number to symbolize an idea that they know somehow deep inside is important but cannot explore the matter enough themselves to find the broader truth.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

Scottoz (25th January 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2