+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SOUND ALCHEMY Presentation - Hermetic Sound characteristics -

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member GaelVictor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 times in 316 posts

Default SOUND ALCHEMY Presentation - Hermetic Sound characteristics -

Make a cup of tea, take some time, and you may enjoy the sounds of knowledge and self-realization;

"Dodecahedron; 12 faces 20 points 30 edges 6480 degrees"

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to GaelVictor For This Post:

Bluegreen (21st January 2018), Cardillac (19th January 2018), Desire (19th January 2018), dynamo (20th January 2018), East Sun (20th January 2018), Eric J (Viking) (20th January 2018), Kano (19th January 2018), Navigator (19th January 2018), O Donna (19th January 2018), Richard S. (20th January 2018), toppy (20th January 2018), william r sanford72 (19th January 2018), Yetti (24th January 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

Default Re: SOUND ALCHEMY Presentation - Hermetic Sound characteristics -

the power of sound frequencies when enhanced are limitless; either for benevolence or malevolence-

as I'm a professional musician this topic interrests me greatly;

the problem we are facing nowadays is all 'music' is tuned to A440 Herz; it's a very disruptive frequency, leading to more disruptions and violence (are we there yet?)-

I've read conflicting reports about the yr. but it was either in 1909/1919 when international (or at least western) tuning was "adjusted" (ahem!) from A432 Herz (the frequency of universal peace and harmony) to A440;

the difference between the 2 frequencies is only a 1/4 tone (if one has a bit of knowledge about whole, 1/5 and 1/4 tones) but it makes all the difference in the world; I listened to the same pieces of music played on both frequencies and the A432 is just so much more soothing and pleasant-

stay well all-

Larry

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Bluegreen (21st January 2018), Charles Harris (24th January 2018), Desire (19th January 2018), dynamo (20th January 2018), GaelVictor (19th January 2018), Ioneo (19th January 2018), Matthew (20th January 2018), Navigator (19th January 2018), Olam (21st January 2018), toppy (20th January 2018), Valerie Villars (20th January 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I truly enjoyed this video! I've never mentioned this before,I was a professional singer for many years of my life and I know the rewards of singing regularly. It always made me feel strong , alive and filled with peace.
    Thank you for this beautiful video.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Desire For This Post:

Bluegreen (21st January 2018), Cardillac (19th January 2018), dynamo (20th January 2018), GaelVictor (19th January 2018), toppy (20th January 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    the power of sound frequencies when enhanced are limitless; either for benevolence or malevolence-

the problem we are facing nowadays is all 'music' is tuned to A440 Herz; it's a very disruptive frequency, leading to more disruptions and violence (are we there yet?)-

I've read conflicting reports about the yr. but it was either in 1909/1919 when international (or at least western) tuning was "adjusted" (ahem!) from A432 Herz (the frequency of universal peace and harmony) to A440;

the difference between the 2 frequencies is only a 1/4 tone (if one has a bit of knowledge about whole, 1/5 and 1/4 tones) but it makes all the difference in the world; I listened to the same pieces of music played on both frequencies and the A432 is just so much more soothing and pleasant-

stay well all-

Larry
    I've done the same -- A440 has this very subtle, but very noticeable (to me), tension behind it that A432 does not have at all.

On the OP, I was hoping for more music and less lecture, oh well. I can find that on youtube easy enough I'll save the link for when I have proper amount of time to listen to the lecture.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Navigator For This Post:

Bluegreen (21st January 2018), Cardillac (19th January 2018), dynamo (20th January 2018), GaelVictor (19th January 2018), toppy (20th January 2018), Yetti (24th January 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks

@Desire

I began as a clarinet major but that later changed to voice and as a singer I had a career in 11 countries (no joke)-

I think we can both identify with the beauty of feeling our voices resonating within our bodies but this is/was all at A440; imagine how we'd feel if we'd been singing at A432-

be well-

Larry

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Desire (24th January 2018), dynamo (20th January 2018), toppy (20th January 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Larry, knowing nothing about the science of music but having a real understanding of the alchemy of it, I am wondering does the A440 hertz apply to all recorded music? Radio, etc? And this is a dummy question, but what about live music? I have a very real reason for asking this.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Cardillac (21st January 2018), dynamo (20th January 2018), toppy (20th January 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,974 times in 595 posts

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)

stay well all-

Larry
    I have been reading a little about this "re-tuning" over the past several years and cannot believe the music industry would allow itself to be swayed as they have, if in fact this IS fact.
    Who makes these types of decisions to affect an entire industry?
    Why only "A", why not the entire musical scale?
    After reading your comments, I decided to find examples of the differences, so I searched on youtube for A432 versus A440.
    Here are a few:

Start around 4:19 to hear the music on this one:

This one does not display which is which so allows an unbiased, subjective decision:

This video gives us a visual representation to go with the audio, well done, IMO. Best to read the comments below the video!
    Last edited by dynamo; 20th January 2018 at 14:54.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Bluegreen (21st January 2018), Desire (24th January 2018), toppy (20th January 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    South Africa Avalon Member louisecroukamp's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm always sceptical when it comes to this topic. I remember Drunvalo Melchezedik doing a meditation using the emerald scrolls of Thoth and later it was discovered that it was incorrect and doing more damage that anything else. Drunvalo came across as having vast knowledge of vibrational frequencies and hertz variances, so I was quite astonished when it came to light that he was wrong when it came to the emerald scrolls. It made me very weary to meditate to any music, especially music designed specifically for meditation purposes. I was especially worried that I would be projecting my energy towards the wrong end. I have absolutely no knowledge about hertz frequencies whatsoever, so I really can not give any kind of professional information regarding this topic and I honestly can not tell the difference between these frequencies. I am trying to learn though, but I fear that the doubt seed has already been planted and I may never overcome it because it's always there in the back of mind.
    I also know that it's possible that Drunvalo may very well be a puppet.
    Last edited by louisecroukamp; 20th January 2018 at 16:09.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to louisecroukamp For This Post:

Bluegreen (21st January 2018), Bob (22nd January 2018), dynamo (20th January 2018), toppy (20th January 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,202 times in 1,393 posts

So glad she mentioned the Om Tara mantra although not exactly enamored with her version. Horses for courses I guess. Here's Craig Pruess's rendition from way back. Just beautiful!

the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Bluegreen (21st January 2018), dynamo (20th January 2018), toppy (20th January 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by dynamo (here)
    ... Why only "A", why not the entire musical scale? ...
    Using "A" is just setting the reference point for the whole scale. So the entire scale is affected when base frequency changes. "A" is just the chosen point to tie that base frequency to, sort of like an unwritten standard.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I am not convinced that a youtube video can give one the fidelity to really notice the difference, as it is subtle. I think you need live music to really notice it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Navigator For This Post:

dynamo (20th January 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,974 times in 595 posts

Quote Posted by Navigator (here)
    Quote Posted by dynamo (here)
    ... Why only "A", why not the entire musical scale? ...
    Using "A" is just setting the reference point for the whole scale. So the entire scale is affected when base frequency changes. "A" is just the chosen point to tie that base frequency to, sort of like an unwritten standard.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I am not convinced that a youtube video can give one the fidelity to really notice the difference, as it is subtle. I think you need live music to really notice it.
    Thank you, Navigator, for clarifying, now that makes sense to me that the entire scale is changed.
    Also, I agree, a nice tube or transistor analog amplifier, not a digital amp or digitally sampled audio, such as that on youtube, would provide a truer analog representation of "real world" audio.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Navigator (20th January 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,202 times in 1,393 posts

The irony of the sub-debate within this thread is that all of Ani Williams' music in the OP video is tuned to 440 (apart from some of the unaccompanied sounding)....

.....cue the "imagine how it would sound even better if...." comments.

Personally, I feel that it depends on the nature of the material as to whether 432 trumps 440 or not. If you want a more relaxed (deflated?) angle, 432 will be ideal, however, if you are trying to inject a certain urgency or pace into the piece, then 440 will do just that.

Regarding cymatics experiments, last time I looked I wasn't a sound board with a peppering of sand on top so I really can't comment (although they are interesting all the same).
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

dynamo (20th January 2018), Navigator (20th January 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

Yes I have all my acoustic guitars tuned at 432 since about ten years now and its great. Also helps for guitars that don't sing too well, since there is less tension on the strings, it helps for it to open up.
    Only problem is when you play with others whom are usually at 440Hz.
    Keyboards can be tricky to tune down also but its doable.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

Bluegreen (21st January 2018), dynamo (21st January 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks

@Villival

all I can say is that every orchestra I've even sung with (many!) have all tuned to A440; a 440 was supposedly adopted (ahem!) because it's a more brilliant frequency, adds more luster to the sound; well, anyway, that's the cover story-

before his death in the late '80s, meglomaniac Austrian conductor Herbert von Karajan wanted to raise the frequency even higher so many singers just didn't want to work with him anymore; over the course of a long operatic/concert evening the voice would tire very rapidly at that constant high tessitura so by the end of the evening their voices would've been shot-

be well!

Larry

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Olam (21st January 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks

@dynamo

there IS a difference between quarter tones even if its only 8 hz.- ask any highly trained professional musician (how many rock musicians have extensive, exhausting musical training?- like zero)-

to answer your question "who decideds this?": easy: the Music Industry (it's a huge industry that has any kind of music in its claws)

be well-

Larry

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,634 times in 335 posts

Truth be told, 432hz might not be right on the money. There is a separate argument that can be made, a simpler one, that somewhere lower than 440hz, was a more natural "pocket" for tuning, and we pushed it up and up until it went out of the pocket.

If this pocket were to represent the types of frequencies we tended to pick out naturally when we were in much earlier stages of music history, then those frequencies were likely aligned to other dominant cycles in our natural world. Whether they relate to the cycles of celestial objects, or cycles on our own planet, the important thing is that these cycles entrained themselves in us over a long, long time, and are a match for the "pocket" that came to exist once we codified our growing musical traditions with better made instruments, music notation, etc.

What we have done now is turned our backs on all this, and said it doesn't matter, all that matters are the intervals! Oh wait, no, we got rid of the proper intervals too.
    So we said none of it matters, as long as it more or less sounds ok. That's what we did.

Music has been rendered impotent. We don't take it seriously anymore. Few have had a profound experience in their lives, something that moved them to tears, or took them on a true journey.

What's more is that this out of tune music is actually stressful for us. Especially the pop garbage produced nowadays, you will notice this at the grocery store and similar places especially, the artificial lyrics and tuning will bear down on you and actually stress you out. The tuning is enough sharp with the natural cycles that it produces a wolf interval with the natural cycles which simply generates dissonance.

This is one of the frontiers where we can only turn the tides by completely tuning out of all of that stuff. Completely isolate ourselves from the modern epidemic of careless sound organization we somehow still call "music", and find what really moves us, makes us feel at peace, anything genuine, and take that in exclusively.

Tolerating what's out there does no favors to ourselves or anyone else. We need to get back to the powerful potential that music really has, if we can find it in our own lives.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

GaelVictor (22nd January 2018), Limor Wolf (23rd January 2018), Olam (22nd January 2018), Reinhard (22nd January 2018)

32. Link to Post #17
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks

@triqueta

"Truth be told, 432hz might not be right on the money. There is a separate argument that can be made, a simpler one, that somewhere lower than 440hz, was a more natural "pocket" for tuning, and we pushed it up and up until it went out of the pocket"

could you please state sources?- as I'm a professional musician (and you?) it would interrest me greatly-

Larry

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Bob (22nd January 2018)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

Talking about how something sounds is quite limiting and so the best thing is too listen for yourself!

Here is a online converter that converts music originally set at 440hz to 432Hz.
    Try your favorite songs and see how it feels!
    Use the AAC output version which is better than mp3's

https://www.conversion-tool.com/432hz

35. Link to Post #19
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks

this will be my last posting on this subject:

it is not necessarily what we hear with our aural senses but what our bodies/sub-conscious minds (vibrational frequencies) percieve;

there were many experiements with plants where they were subjected to music played at either A432 or A440; the same plants (obviously they can't hear anything but picked up on the vibrational frequencies) who were subjected to A432 frequencies began to grow around the speakers but later when subjected to the same music/sound at A440 began to grow away from the sound source-

and plants are "stoopid"?- no, WE'RE "stoopid"-

what else can I say?

Larry

36. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Thank you Larry. I wonder what blues musicians, playing live, tune to. Never have I felt so vibrantly alive as having heard live music in certain venues; usually smaller and certain types of music. There is alchemical magic there.

I greatly admire all of you. And thanks.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Cardillac (23rd January 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast