+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flu Epidemic 2018

1. Link to Post #21
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

Default Re: Flu Epidemic 2018

Just say NO to the flu! Ask for protection against illnesses. If you feel something coming on, ask to have all virus removed from your body. Speak out loud. Always say "thank you". Never say "please". If you know any form of dowsing, you can ask for feedback. Linda and I stopped taking the flu shots back in 2007 or 2008. We have had no flu since.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (29th January 2018), avid (29th January 2018), Bill Ryan (27th January 2018), mab777 (31st January 2018), Matt P (28th January 2018), Michelle Marie (28th January 2018), O Donna (28th January 2018), pyrangello (28th January 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member starlight's Avatar
    Thanks

2nd update: oh, the irony. Tested positive for the Flu today. Will be bed ridden for a few days. This thing is a killer

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to starlight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th January 2018), Michelle Marie (28th January 2018), O Donna (28th January 2018), pyrangello (28th January 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

Quote Posted by starlight (here)
    2nd update: oh, the irony. Tested positive for the Flu today. Will be bed ridden for a few days. This thing is a killer
    Take good care of yourself starflight. Three things I am convinced helped me when I had the flu: Plenty of restful sleep, restful mind while awake, and healthy fluids.
    Knock Knock

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Matt P (28th January 2018), Michelle Marie (28th January 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,265 times in 2,136 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    update: I vomited in the middle of the night, and woke up with chills, low grade fever. My skin is sensitive to the touch. I will have a cow if I have come down with the flu. Missing college classes is not ideal!

@avid, CurEus, DeeMetrios, spiral: I just purchased two bottles of Colloidal Silver. Did some research and it seems to do the body well in multiple areas. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Yes re colloidal silver. For sure. Sorry to hear... that sucks.

Also, oregano oil. It's a super-powerful anti-viral, ever more so than silver. You can get capsules, or a bottle of the oil with a dropper.

With the drops, take a bunch in a spoonful of olive or any other oil to reduce the strong taste. I've on occasion taken up to 12 at a time, but you could start easy and see how you tolerate it.
    Colloidal silver is easy and inexpensive to make.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 28th January 2018 at 02:29.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Baby Steps (30th January 2018), Ivy23 (2nd February 2018), mab777 (31st January 2018), Matt P (28th January 2018), Michelle Marie (28th January 2018), pyrangello (28th January 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I've only had it a couple times, and yeah -- it resets your scale on sickness. Suddenly all the sick days you took seem frivolous ...

I also actually used a bout of the flu to quit smoking --- very effective - withdrawal and flu symptom intermingled and diminished together.

edit:

Good luck, the last time I was ill I made a cannabis tincture (decarbed flower extracted into alcohol (high proof vodka))- I cannot convey how beneficial that was to both immediate experience and overall healing. Just and anecdote.
    Last edited by Navigator; 28th January 2018 at 02:54.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Navigator For This Post:

Matt P (28th January 2018), Michelle Marie (28th January 2018), O Donna (29th January 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,020 times in 2,114 posts

Also stay faraway from using that anti bacterial soap crap. Every time you use it ,it blocks your immune system from operating on a consistent level. My one buddy who got a staff infection swears he got it after he started washing his hands everyday on a job that had anti bacterial soap. Bad bad stuff.

Bill mentioned oil of oregano , that stuff comes in an eye dropper bottle, very powerful stuff. Oh can put it in hot tea or mix it in a mason jar of water 2 to 3 drops and sip it all day or just rub it on the bottom of your feet at night. You may think your Italian by the smell but this stuff is powerful.

Me and the wife both had the flu about a month ago. Came on slow , zapped my energy and by day 3 of this flu I was so winded just by walking 30 feet I was out of breath. Day 4 the coughing started and my upper stomach muscles hurt so bad from coughing for days. Low grade fever came and went and for the worst of the days we both had this you would swear you had pneumonia but you didn't, can't catch your breathe , no energy and on and on. It's a bad flu, my buddy who is 72 years old had it and he thought he was going to die for 3 days of it.

Hot tea , honey, lemon, whiskey, cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar and oil of oregano , rub Vicks on your neck , chest and bottom of your feet every night and only use alka seltzer cold tablets for over the counter send some cough syrup as little as possible , my personal advice, I'm not in the medical field either.

If you get this flu you will understand why people are dying from it, it's bad

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Matt P (28th January 2018), Michelle Marie (29th January 2018), O Donna (29th January 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 times in 927 posts

Whoa, careful. As my wife would remind me, thoughts are things. Never say something is a killer or killing you or what bad things will happen to you in the future because of it. Instead tell yourself your body will get what it needs and the illness will purge what needed to be purged (high temp kills ‘bugs’ and sweating eliminates toxins, for examples) and you will be well soon. Flu only lasts a cuple days in my house and is never a killer.

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

Ivy23 (2nd February 2018), Michelle Marie (29th January 2018), O Donna (29th January 2018), pyrangello (28th January 2018), wnlight (2nd February 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

@starlight

"Have any of you noticed the alarming amount of chemtrails in the sky recently? "

RECENTLY?- this alarming amount has been going on for decades-

Larry

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Flash (31st January 2018), Matt P (29th January 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 times in 640 posts

Day 7 and I am not completely recovered. This was one of the toughest Flu´s I have ever had. Here in Catalonia hopsitals were collapsed and in UK the third week of January broke records for number of deaths (something like 15,000) such a spike was clearly down to the Flu. As everyone runs to get the Flu Jab and pay 20 Bucks for the privilege, next year I will be better prepared.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Michelle Marie (29th January 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

The one 19 year old young man who I employ went into the clinic a few weeks ago because he was showing signs of this flu and was asked to leave a urine and stool sample before he left. Just an fyi. I thought that was strange.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Michelle Marie (30th January 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Here in Sweden the flu is also marching on. My husband and I have been sick for a week but are slowly getting better. We have been totally bedridden for several days with high fever and cough, we haven´t been this sick for years. We started overdosing D-vitamine in early January but started that cure to late, I think, to have any result. In our city alot of people are sick and we have heard of entire school classes being at home. Fortunately, I have not heard of incidents of the more dangerous and fatal virus stems that seems to be common in Great Britain.
    "All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again."
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aurvandil For This Post:

Michelle Marie (30th January 2018), pyrangello (30th January 2018)

23. Link to Post #32
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,728 times in 1,526 posts

Dr Rima Laibow states that the reason that the 1918 flu was so deadly was that the young started using aspirin which suppresses the fever that you need- to fight the virus.(I have heard it was the first time mass flu vaccination took place-due to war, when the war ended early, the spares were punted out to the public)

So they felt better, went back to work and died of the cytokine storm because the virus won.

She says that under the Geneva convention, we have the right to refuse a vaccine. I have read that this only applies to times of war.

She says that this year's vax is very ill matched to the viruses that are going round (as they always seem to be).

She says that the cooked statistics add any respiratory infection death to the flu toll, in order to build the fear. This would include immuno suppressed people (chemo, aids, dialysis, transplantees etc)

She says that vaccinations, conferring no immunity, reduce our immune defence, so the herd theory works in reverse.

Its a very anti vax interview. Very good.

Last edited by Baby Steps; 30th January 2018 at 18:00.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Michelle Marie (30th January 2018), Navigator (30th January 2018), O Donna (30th January 2018), wnlight (2nd February 2018)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)
    She says that the cooked statistics add any respiratory infection death to the flu toll, in order to build the fear. This would include immuno suppressed people (chemo, aids, dialysis, transplantees etc)
    Agreed, there are many, many "mystery" viruses and conditions out there out there that give flu-like symptoms, and cause death as well. no flu vaccine will protect against these.

The stats around flu deaths are generally pulled out of thin air. Some formulas used include counting the difference between summer and winter deaths and attributing the difference to flu. Obviously if tactics like that are used the "experts" have no interest in giving us the real statistics.

Excellent Article on the reality of the flu death stats that are used to push flu shots.

Flu Deaths Reality Check
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/flu-de...heck-1.1127442

Excerpt:
    Quote It comes directly from the desk of Canada's chief public health officer. "The flu is serious," he tells us from his website. "Every year, between 2,000 and 8,000 Canadians die of the flu and its complications."

Flu's winter companions include coronavirus, adenovirus and Streptococcus pneumonia. (Vasily Fedosenko/Reuters)

Did you ever wonder how they know that? The fact is, they don't know that. "This is a scientific guess. This is not the truth," Dr. Michael Gardam, director of the infection prevention and control unit at the University Health Network in Toronto and a longtime flu watcher, told me.

The fact is, no one knows how many people die after being infected with the flu virus. The death estimates are not based on body counts, lab tests or autopsies.

"I think people may have the misconception that every person who dies from the flu is somehow counted somewhere, and they're not
    ," Gardam said.
    Last edited by Navigator; 30th January 2018 at 19:58.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Navigator For This Post:

Baby Steps (30th January 2018), Flash (31st January 2018), Michelle Marie (30th January 2018), O Donna (30th January 2018)

27. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member starlight's Avatar
    Thanks

I have seemingly recovered from the Flu, quicker than expected. I tested positive Sat, and since yesterday I feel completely normal. I did drink a lot of fluids and kept up with meds. I had the flu last year and it was 10x worse than this one. I am shocked I am already feeling better. The worst day for me was sunday- high fever, extreme body aches and vomiting non stop. It is as if I did a 180

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to starlight For This Post:

Aurvandil (30th January 2018), Baby Steps (30th January 2018), Bill Ryan (30th January 2018), Franny (9th February 2018), mab777 (31st January 2018), Michelle Marie (30th January 2018), Navigator (30th January 2018), O Donna (30th January 2018)

29. Link to Post #35
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

I guess I'm unaware of this, there are tests for the flu? Your going to a doctor for the flu I'm guessing? do they prescribe meds etc?
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Baby Steps (1st February 2018), Michelle Marie (30th January 2018), Navigator (30th January 2018)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

I got nailed twice in a row. Got over the first one, and then a few days later, a second flu. Each one was with temps over 104. Still recovering from the second one.....

The first one brought on some interesting hallucinations. One was of seeing a pet I had when I was 5 years old. Generally... that is a very bad sign. One of those 'just before you die' type visions.

Of course the pet was walking on the ceiling. Which made me think of: "I just knew you weren't really a radio repairman. That's a telephone I'm holding."
    Last edited by Carmody; 30th January 2018 at 19:06.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Baby Steps (1st February 2018), Flash (31st January 2018), mab777 (31st January 2018), Michelle Marie (30th January 2018), Navigator (31st January 2018), O Donna (30th January 2018)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    I guess I'm unaware of this, there are tests for the flu? Your going to a doctor for the flu I'm guessing? do they prescribe meds etc?
    There is tests for flu, but they won't be handing those tests out to everyone, else they'd have real stats to work with, which would work entirely against what flu vaccines are about - which is preying on human fear. Real stats aren't nearly as scary as the fake stats Health Canada and other "authoritative (paid for by pharma)" entities pump out regarding the flu.

Doctors generally assume that your "flu-like" symptoms probably are not the flu (I bet most people don't even know what a real flu is) so testing is a waste of money, considering from the pharma perspective there is no treatment; so tests are done often under pressure from the patient to do so, if at all.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Navigator For This Post:

Flash (31st January 2018), Michelle Marie (31st January 2018), O Donna (1st February 2018)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    update: I vomited in the middle of the night, and woke up with chills, low grade fever. My skin is sensitive to the touch. I will have a cow if I have come down with the flu. Missing college classes is not ideal!

@avid, CurEus, DeeMetrios, spiral: I just purchased two bottles of Colloidal Silver. Did some research and it seems to do the body well in multiple areas. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Yes re colloidal silver. For sure. Sorry to hear... that sucks.

Also, oregano oil. It's a super-powerful anti-viral, ever more so than silver. You can get capsules, or a bottle of the oil with a dropper.

With the drops, take a bunch in a spoonful of olive or any other oil to reduce the strong taste. I've on occasion taken up to 12 at a time, but you could start easy and see how you tolerate it.
    Colloidal silver is easy and inexpensive to make.
    Self made colloidal silver is not quit pure, in large amounts it can cause grey colorization of the skin, irreversible. But good colloidal silver (yellow colored) with extra fine particles is THE cure for many problems, like the flu. Put some drops in your nose and also gargle a teaspoon (it's strong stuff) and swallow it. I did twice a day when I felt the flu coming up. The flu had no change, after 2 days I already was up and running again. I did take it twice a day for a week and washed my hands more often.

I also took preventive measures: from September I take vitamin D3 5000 UI once a day. From November I take 2000 UI once a day. In May I stop or take once a week a 2000 supplement.

My wise mother gave us in my youth during the winter vitamin D supplement in the form of cod liver oil, one tablespoon a day. Goss, that was dirty, but helped us against the flu. Other kids were ill, but we almost had never flu. I have had it maybe just a couple of times in my live during stress periods, but never took the flu-shot, of course!

And remember:

PLUS:

(Thanks Bill and Kerry)
    Last edited by Red Skywalker; 31st January 2018 at 20:10.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Red Skywalker For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st January 2018), Ivy23 (2nd February 2018), Michelle Marie (31st January 2018), O Donna (1st February 2018), pyrangello (1st February 2018), seko (2nd February 2018)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,763 times in 32,948 posts

From Dr Mercola today:
    Special Alert: The Alarming Reason Some People Die From the Flu

Story at-a-glance
    • While influenza can indeed be deadly in rare cases, these deaths are typically the result of secondary infections, not the flu virus itself
    • Research has highlighted the link between influenza and severe sepsis (blood poisoning). Symptoms of sepsis can mimic the flu, and are often overlooked. Without prompt treatment, the condition can be deadly
    • Use of intravenous vitamin C, hydrocortisone and thiamine has been shown to reduce sepsis mortality nearly fivefold, from 40 to 8.5 percent
    • Optimizing your vitamin D level is far more potent a preventive strategy than getting a seasonal flu vaccine. People with significant vitamin D deficiency may reduce their risk of respiratory infections such as influenza by 50 percent
    • People with higher vitamin D levels may also benefit from additional vitamin D, reducing their risk of flu by 10 percent, which equals the effectiveness of the seasonal flu vaccine, including this year’s vaccine.
    According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the 2017-2018 flu season appears particularly virulent. Influenza activity increased significantly in December, with influenza A(H3N2) viruses predominating, and in a December 27 notice, the agency noted that “In the past, A(H3N2) virus-predominant influenza seasons have been associated with more hospitalizations and deaths in persons aged 65 years and older and young children …”

While influenza can indeed be deadly in rare cases, what most health experts fail to tell you is that these deaths are typically the result of secondary infections, not the flu virus itself. Importantly, research has highlighted the link between influenza and severe sepsis — a progressive disease process initiated by an aggressive, dysfunctional immune response to an infection in the bloodstream (which is why it's sometimes referred to as blood poisoning).

Symptoms of sepsis are often overlooked, even by health professionals, and without prompt treatment, the condition can be deadly. Unfortunately, conventional treatments often fail, and most hospitals have yet to embrace the use of intravenous (IV) vitamin C, hydrocortisone and thiamine, which has been shown to reduce sepsis mortality from 40 to a mere 8.5 percent.

How Influenza May Cause Lethal Sepsis
    According to researchers, “Severe sepsis is traditionally associated with bacterial diseases … However, viruses are becoming a growing cause of severe sepsis worldwide.” As noted in the video above, some sepsis symptoms also resemble influenza, which can lead to tragedy. The video offers guidelines on how to tell the difference between the two.

Sepsis, without doubt, requires immediate medical attention, whereas most people will successfully recover from the flu with a few days to a week of bedrest and fluids. Just how influenza can lead to sepsis is a somewhat complex affair, described as follows:
    “Regardless of the etiologic agent, the inflammatory response is highly interconnected with infection. In the initial response to an infection, severe sepsis is characterized by a pro-inflammatory state, while a progression to an anti-inflammatory state develops and favors secondary infections …

In the predominant pro-inflammatory state, Th1 cells activated by microorganisms increase transcription of pro-inflammatory cytokines such as tumor necrosis factor (TNF-α), interferon-γ (INF-γ), and interleukin-2 (IL-2).
    Cytokines … released from endothelial cells and subsequently from macrophages can induce lymphocyte activation and infiltration at the sites of infection and will exert direct antiviral effects. Subsequently, with the shift toward an anti-inflammatory state, activated Th2 cells secrete interleukin-4 (IL-4) and interleukin-10 (IL-10).
    In certain situations, T cells can become anergic, failing to proliferate and produce cytokines. Type I IFN has a potent anti-influenza virus activity; it induces transcription of several interferon stimulated genes, which in turn restrict viral replication. However, influenza virus developed several mechanisms to evade IFN response …
    Viral infections such as the influenza virus can also trigger deregulation of the innate immune system with excessive cytokines release and potential harmful consequences. An abnormal immune response to influenza can lead to endothelial damage … deregulation of coagulation, and the consequent alteration of microvascular permeability, tissue edema, and shock.”
    Signs and Symptoms of Sepsis

Common signs and symptoms of sepsis to watch out for include:
    • A high fever
    • Inability to keep fluids down
    • Rapid heartbeat; rapid, shallow breathing and/or shortness of breath
    • Lethargy and/or confusion
    • Slurred speech, often resembling intoxication
    Should a few or all of these be present, seek immediate medical attention to rule out sepsis. Also inform the medical staff that you suspect sepsis, as time is of the essence when it comes to treatment. As noted in the featured video, hydration is of utmost importance, as much of the damage caused by sepsis begins with fluid loss.

Preventive Strategies That Can Reduce Your Chances of Influenza, Sepsis and Other Secondary Infections

Your immune system is your first-line defense against all types of infections, be they bacterial or viral, so the most effective way to avoid coming down with the flu is to bolster your immune function. While conventional health authorities claim getting an annual flu shot is the best way to ward off influenza, the medical literature actually suggests vitamin D optimization may be a far more effective strategy, and the evidence for this goes back at least a decade.

Dr. John Cannell, founder of the Vitamin D Council, was one of the first to introduce the idea that vitamin D deficiency may actually be a causative factor in influenza. His hypothesis was initially published in the journal Epidemiology and Infection in 2006. It was subsequently followed up with another study published in the Virology Journal in 2008.

The following year, a large, nationally representative study confirmed that people with the lowest vitamin D levels indeed reported having significantly more colds or cases of the flu.

Since then, a number of studies have come to similar conclusions. Most recently, a scientific review published last year concluded that vitamin D supplementation boosts immunity and cuts rates of cold and flu. In all, 25 randomized controlled trials were included in the review, involving nearly 11,000 individuals from more than a dozen countries. People with significant vitamin D deficiency (blood levels below 10 ng/mL), taking a vitamin D supplement reduced their risk of respiratory infections such as influenza by 50 percent.

People with higher vitamin D levels also benefited, although not as greatly. Overall, they reduced their risk by about 10 percent, which the researchers stated was about equal to the effect of flu vaccines. Coincidentally, 10 percent is the effectiveness rate of this year’s flu vaccine. The take-home message here is that vitamin D supplementation far exceeds the flu vaccine in terms of effectiveness, and the more deficient you are, the greater its protective effects.

Aside from vitamin D, loading up on vitamins B1 and C may go a long way toward keeping you healthy through the flu season and beyond. Influenza has also been successfully treated with high-dose vitamin C. Taking zinc lozenges at the first sign of a cold or flu can also be helpful.

Zinc boosts immune function and plays a vital role in activating your body’s T cells (white blood cells tasked with destroying infected cells). If you fall victim to frequent bacterial infections or colds, your body might be trying to tell you it needs more zinc.

Be Aware of This Life-Saving IV Protocol
    If you or a loved one succumbs to sepsis, whether caused by influenza or some other infection, please remember that a protocol of IV vitamin C with hydrocortisone and thiamine (vitamin B1) can be lifesaving. So, urge your doctor to use it. Chances are, they might not even be aware of it.

This sepsis treatment protocol was developed Dr. Paul Marik, a critical care doctor at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital in East Virginia, and clinical use has proven it to be remarkably effective for the treatment of sepsis, reducing mortality nearly fivefold.
    Marik’s retrospective before-after clinical study showed that giving patients IV vitamin C with hydrocortisone and vitamin B1 for two days reduced mortality from 40 percent to 8.5 percent. Of the 50 patients treated, only four died, and all of them died from their underlying disease, not sepsis. Importantly, the treatment has no side effects and is inexpensive, readily available and simple to administer, so you really have nothing to lose by trying it.

The only contraindication is if you are glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficient (a genetic disorder). G6PD is an enzyme your red blood cells need to maintain membrane integrity.

High-dose IV vitamin C is a strong pro-oxidant, and giving a pro-oxidant to a G6PD-deficient individual can cause their red blood cells to rupture, which could have disastrous consequences. Fortunately, G6PC deficiency is relatively uncommon, and can be tested for. People of Mediterranean and African decent are at greater risk of being G6PC deficient. Worldwide, G6PD deficiency is thought to affect 400 million individuals, and in the U.S., an estimated 1 in 10 African-American males have it.

This Year’s Flu Vaccine Is a Poor Match to Circulating Strains

Sadly, flu deaths are inevitably used to incite fear, and the recommended remedy is annual flu vaccination. As recently reported by lohud.com, an affiliate of the USA Today Network:
    “Doctors urged New Yorkers to get flu shots as pediatric deaths surfaced recently while a potentially record influenza season approached its peak cycle. The public-health warning comes after authorities in New York and Connecticut reported their first flu-related deaths took the lives of two children …
    ‘Influenza is a significant threat to public health, and we are strongly encouraging anyone who has not already gotten the flu vaccine to get one immediately,’ said Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker.”
    Considering the many studies showing flu vaccines have a dismal success rate even when well-matched to circulating viral strains, the fact that vaccination continues to be touted as your first-line of defense against influenza suggests this annual campaign is more about generating conformity for profit, opposed to actually improving and protecting public health.

In January 2015, U.S. government officials admitted that, in most years, flu shots are — at best — 50 to 60 percent effective at preventing lab confirmed type A or B influenza requiring medical care. At the end of that same year, a CDC analysis revealed that, between 2005 and 2015, the influenza vaccine was actually less than 50 percent effective more than half of the time.

As mentioned, the 2017/2018 flu vaccine has an effectiveness rating of just 10 percent, due to it being poorly matched, yet the call for flu vaccination remains, while strategies that are 10 times more effective, such as vitamin D3 supplementation, are completely ignored! Many also gloss over the fact that flu deaths also occur in those who have been vaccinated. Such was the case with this 8-year-old boy in Arkansas, featured in this CNN report.

Flu Vaccine Likely Raises Your Risk of Illness

The fact that flu vaccines offer negligible protection against the flu is bad enough, but evidence suggests the vaccine may even make you more susceptible to the disease. For example, Canadian researchers found that annual flu vaccination appears to increase your risk of pandemic illness, and cause more serious bouts of illness.

Data collected from Canada and Hong Kong during 2009-2010 showed that people who received the seasonal flu vaccine in 2008 had twice the risk of getting the H1N1 “swine flu,” compared to those who had not received a flu shot.

A well-publicized ferret study confirmed these results. Research published in 2011 also warned the seasonal flu vaccine appears to weaken children's immune systems and increases their chances of getting sick from influenza viruses not included in the vaccine. Some health experts claim flu vaccination will help you develop resistance against strains that are not included in the vaccine, but research has actually shown the complete opposite to be true.

When blood samples from healthy, unvaccinated children and children who had received an annual flu shot were compared, the former unvaccinated group had naturally built up more antibodies across a wider variety of influenza strains compared to the latter vaccinated group. Flu vaccines are also associated with debilitating and potentially lifelong side effects such as Guillain–Barré syndrome and chronic shoulder injury related to vaccine administration (SIRVA).

But what about the claim that you might contract influenza from your flu shot? There are many anecdotal reports of people developing the worst bout of influenza they’ve ever had, following a routine flu vaccination, and indeed, a Chinese study published in 2012 appears to support such claims, finding that children had a 4.4 higher chance of contracting a viral upper respiratory infection following seasonal flu vaccine administration.

It’s also worth noting that double-blind, placebo controlled trials for vaccines are not done. Instead, all a vaccine trial needs to demonstrate in order for the vaccine to be licensed is an antibody response.

Researchers have also highlighted the influence of bias in studies looking at influenza vaccine effectiveness. As noted in one 2010 study, ”Forgoing vaccination predicted death in those who had received vaccinations in the previous five years, but it predicted survival in patients who had never before received a vaccination. We conclude that bias is inherent in studies of influenza vaccination and death among elderly patients.”

Beware: Tamiflu Can Trigger Psychosis

Should you or your child come down with the flu and your doctor or pediatrician recommends Tamiflu, you should know this antiviral drug has been shown to shorten the duration of flu symptoms by less than 17 hours. It also does not reduce viral transmission and does not lower your risk of complications from the flu, such as pneumonia. Scientist have also warned that the risks far outweigh the benefits.
    These risks include convulsions, brain infections, psychosis and other neuropsychiatric problems. Tamiflu made recent headlines after a 6-year-old girl started hallucinating and attempted to jump out a second story window. “I don’t think the 16 hours of symptom relief from the flu is worth the possible side effects that we went through,” the girl’s father told ABC7 News.

Indeed, a number of studies have observed that Tamiflu may cause psychiatric symptoms. Research published in 2015 reported the case of a 22-year-old man who “complained of mood swings, suicidal feelings, auditory hallucinations, memory deterioration and insomnia” after taking the drug. Other studies have found more than half of all children taking Tamiflu suffer side effects from the drug.

Dangerous Lies Told by the CDC

Prior to the global H1N1 scare, the U.S. government stockpiled $1.5 billion of this basically useless antiviral — money that could have been spent in far better ways than merely enriching Roche’s company pockets. As noted in an article about Tamiflu by The Atlantic, “The only people helped by the proven-to-be-ineffective drug are its manufacturers.”

A 2013 Forbes article also spelled out a number of flaws in the science behind Tamiflu, and how benefits were overstated. Despite all of this overwhelming evidence, the CDC to this day continues to recommend both flu vaccines and antiviral drugs like Tamiflu. They even continue to claim antiviral drugs “may prevent serious flu complications” — though the evidence clearly shows Tamiflu does no such thing.

The take-home message here is to do your homework, and not blindly follow public health recommendations. Also avoid falling prey to unreasonable fears. All deaths are tragic, but people die from influenza with and without flu vaccines. People also die without certain drugs, and from drugs.

Remember, optimizing your vitamin D to a level of 60 to 80 ng/mL may be one of the most effective flu prevention strategies out there. Also familiarize yourself with the signs and symptoms of sepsis, and urge your doctor to administer Marik’s IV vitamin C protocol should you or a loved one be diagnosed with sepsis. It just might save your life.

38. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (1st February 2018), Baby Steps (1st February 2018), Charles Harris (1st February 2018), DNA (1st February 2018), Ewan (31st January 2018), halcyon026 (31st January 2018), Hervé (31st January 2018), Ivy23 (2nd February 2018), Michelle Marie (1st February 2018), Navigator (1st February 2018), O Donna (1st February 2018), pyrangello (1st February 2018), Red Skywalker (31st January 2018), Reinhard (1st February 2018), Ron Mauer Sr (31st January 2018), seko (2nd February 2018), Sophocles (31st January 2018), starlight (1st February 2018), sunwings (1st February 2018), wnlight (2nd February 2018)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Bill i,'ve referred that d3 interview you did with that woman to many people over the years. One of the best interviews you ever did, very helpful and educational on the benefits of d3.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st February 2018), Michelle Marie (9th February 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast