+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Colloidal Silver

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,265 times in 2,136 posts

Default Colloidal Silver

Colloidal silver is easy and inexpensive to make. Parts needed are:

plastic battery holder, 2 AA
    4.7K 1/4 watt resistor
    Terminal strip
    Silver wire, super fine, .9999, round, 12 AWG
    Mason jar, 1 quart
    Steam distilled water
    qty 2 AA Batteries
    Plastic jar lid for widemouth Mason jar

I conducted a workshop for friends a few years ago. Do it yourself for around $10. There is good information on Jim Meissner's website. Do it yourself and save a lot of money. Jim, a personal and local friend, left this reality a few years ago but his website is still here.

The trick to making good colloidal silver is to use a very low current to keep the silver particles small. It takes a little longer to make, but who cares.

2. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Art (29th January 2018), astridmari (29th January 2018), avid (28th January 2018), Baby Steps (28th January 2018), Bill Ryan (12th March 2020), Brigantia (2nd April 2023), dynamo (28th January 2018), Elen (28th January 2018), enigma3 (28th January 2018), Ewan (28th January 2018), gaiagirl (28th January 2018), genevieve (28th January 2018), Ioneo (28th January 2018), justntime2learn (28th January 2018), Kryztian (28th January 2018), Mark (12th March 2020), Michelle Marie (28th January 2018), mizo (13th March 2023), palehorse (5th March 2023), Pam (12th March 2020), Ravenlocke (13th March 2023), Sarah Rainsong (12th March 2020), Sunny-side-up (28th January 2018), Tam (13th March 2020), thepainterdoug (13th March 2023), thunder24 (28th January 2018), toppy (28th January 2018), Wind (28th January 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,881 times in 2,121 posts

Default Re: Colloidal Silver

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)

4.7K 1/4 watt resistor
    Terminal strip
    Mason jar, 1 quart
    Steam distilled water
    qty 2 AA Batteries

I conducted a workshop for friends a few years ago. Do it yourself for around $10. There is good information on Jim Meissner's website. Do it yourself and save a lot of money. Jim, a personal and local friend, left this reality a few years ago but his website is still here.

The trick to making good colloidal silver is to use a very low current to keep the silver particles small. It takes a little longer to make, but who cares.
    I would encourage anyone to try this based upon my years with Avalon.

I wish I had more to offer than the testimony of so many.

Bless you for the reminder Ron

Blessings to all the holistic doctors who have passed in recent years helping us now.

Many blessings to Avalon whereas you only need search colloidal silver.
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2020), dynamo (28th January 2018), Elen (28th January 2018), gaiagirl (28th January 2018), genevieve (28th January 2018), Kryztian (28th January 2018), Michelle Marie (28th January 2018), palehorse (5th March 2023), Ravenlocke (13th March 2023), Ron Mauer Sr (28th January 2018), Sunny-side-up (28th January 2018), toppy (28th January 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,934 times in 3,470 posts

I've been using ionic silver, similar to colloidal, and I can't say enough times how amazing this stuff is. This summer I had a horrible infection - we thought it was urinary tract, but the tests came back negative. While waiting for the tests, I was put on Cipro (I usually argue against anti-biotics, BUT, I had an 103 degree fever) which worked, but not completely. After 10 days of this powerful pharma anti-biotic, the fever and tremors came back. I tried Ionic Silver and within three days I was back to work and feeling my energy return.

Right now the flu is rampant here and I am taking it: Silver (Ionic or Colloidal) is anti-biotic, anti-fungal, anti-viral, and it does not kill the good bacteria in your gut. You can gargle with it to fight off gum disease. Two friends of mine say it has cured them of Lyme's Disease. Another one sprays it one her bad knees and says they quickly feel better - lending evidence to the idea that many joint and arthritis problems are really bacterial infections.

In the middle Ages many of the wealthy wore silver jewelry. Since it was sterling, it was absorbed by there skin and entered the body. They possessed such an amount of silver that there skin would get a grey silver cast to it and there eye pupils would turn grey. They may have seemed like aliens to most people and because of there different pallor and eyes, they were called "bluebloods". When the Black (bubonic) Plague came along, they seemed to be immune to it. All thanks to the silver that was in there body which would kill it off.

I see silver in health food store selling for $40 for a tiny one ounce bottle, but I get it from this vendor:
    http://www.envymeinc.com/St-George-N...Silver-s/4.htm

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2020), happyuk (28th January 2018), leavesoftrees (29th January 2018), palehorse (13th March 2023), PathWalker (28th January 2018), Ravenlocke (13th March 2023), Ron Mauer Sr (28th January 2018), Sunny-side-up (28th January 2018), Tam (13th March 2020), toppy (28th January 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

4.7K 1/4 watt resistor
    Terminal strip
    Mason jar, 1 quart
    Steam distilled water
    qty 2 AA Batteries

The link you gave is no longer valid, but THANK YOU for making the pdf available on your own website! Lots of great info in there!

I'm trying to figure out how to make my own generator. According to the pdf, 3 volts work best. I've seen several instructions using 9 volt batteries, but couldn't I use a little 3 volt lithium battery in the same manner?

Since these batteries are so small, I'm thinking I'd need some extra copper wire and probably electrical tape (instead of alligator clips) to get the charge to the rods. Thoughts?
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2020), palehorse (13th March 2023), Ravenlocke (13th March 2023), Ron Mauer Sr (12th March 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,429 times in 32,920 posts

Just as a recommendation (though there are many other generators available, which may also be cheaper), I have this one.
    There's a Euro model, too, for use with different voltage. Mine has worked perfectly for years, the little silver electrodes last almost forever (but you can buy a spare/replacement set easily and cheaply), and it creates the colloidal silver a liter at a time from distilled water, itself super-cheap and easy to buy in any hardware store.

The US version costs $229, but after that the production costs are almost zero... you can make absolutely as much as you like, for pennies.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Chester (13th March 2020), Earth Angel (13th March 2020), fifi (14th March 2020), justntime2learn (12th March 2020), mizo (13th March 2023), palehorse (13th March 2023), Ravenlocke (13th March 2023), Ron Mauer Sr (12th March 2020), Rosco1 (12th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th March 2020), Yoda (12th March 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Keep the current small to avoid large silver particles. Three volts from any DC source in series with a 4.7K resistor works great. Take your time.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2020), palehorse (13th March 2023), Sarah Rainsong (12th March 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks, Bill. I don't think I can really swing $200+ right now, not after everything I've already spent. LOL

Keep the current small to avoid large silver particles. Three volts from any DC source in series with a 4.7K resistor works great. Take your time.
    So I need to hook up the battery (positive side only?) to a resistor and then to the rod (in the distilled water)? I appreciate the help. My electrical knowledge is just enough to get me in trouble.

Like this?
    (+)--->resistor--->Ag rod
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2020), Ravenlocke (13th March 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,429 times in 32,920 posts

Quote Posted by rainsong (here)
    Thanks, Bill. I don't think I can really swing $200+ right now, not after everything I've already spent. LOL

So I need to hook up the battery (positive side only?) to a resistor and then to the rod (in the distilled water)? I appreciate the help. My electrical knowledge is just enough to get me in trouble.

Like this?
    (+)--->resistor--->Ag rod
    Yes, that's basically just what a $200+ silver generator does. The extra functionality on the one I described above is that it turns itself off automatically when a certain silver saturation is reached, and also provides the same (low!) constant voltage to the two electrodes. And it has a little plastic thing, like a tiny kitchen whisk, that rotates and stirs the distilled water all the time. It's pretty simple!

But remember, the Romans treated themselves simply with a pure silver coin immersed in water or vinegar, and that worked just really fine for them.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

DeeMetrios (13th March 2020), Earth Angel (13th March 2020), fifi (14th March 2020), meeradas (12th March 2020), mizo (13th March 2023), palehorse (13th March 2023), Ravenlocke (13th March 2023), Sarah Rainsong (12th March 2020), sunwings (14th March 2020), Yoda (12th March 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,370 times in 497 posts

Thanks for starting this thread, Ron!

For the more visual learners reading, this video demonstrates how you can slap together an effective DIY generator for ~$40 USD. It's quite educational and has a number of useful links for further information in the description box.

In agreement with Bill, I personally think details such as what voltage to run or how thick of a wire to use are relatively negligible; as long as the water is distilled and your wife pure silver, the rest is really just splitting hairs. Slightly-less-potent colloidal silver is better than no colloidal silver.

Last edited by Tam; 13th March 2020 at 09:25.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th March 2020), palehorse (13th March 2023), Ravenlocke (13th March 2023), Sarah Rainsong (13th March 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Just as a recommendation (though there are many other generators available, which may also be cheaper), I have this one.
    There's a Euro model, too, for use with different voltage. Mine has worked perfectly for years, the little silver electrodes last almost forever (but you can buy a spare/replacement set easily and cheaply), and it creates the colloidal silver a liter at a time from distilled water, itself super-cheap and easy to buy in any hardware store.

The US version costs $229, but after that the production costs are almost zero... you can make absolutely as much as you like, for pennies.
    Thank you...
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th March 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

And here's another option for those of us who can't do it ourselves. This is the one I have: https://thesilveredge.com/

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marti For This Post:

avid (13th March 2023), Bill Ryan (13th March 2020), palehorse (13th March 2023)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Default Re: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19]

I have been taught that the process should be slow. 3 volts in series with a 4.7K resistor is what I was taught to use. Let it work overnight. Making it fast with high current will produce large particulate that is less effective.

This is a copy of an old web page with some broken links. There is useful information in the page. Frank Keys told my friend Jim Meissner his method produced the best he has seen that was homemade.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 13th March 2020 at 23:09.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), palehorse (13th March 2023), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I ordered the stuff I need to make it, but it won't be here for at least another week. (I do have some on hand already, so I'm covered for a bit.)

It'll be a fun science experiment to do with the kids, too. Anyone know of a way to test or view the silver content just as a way for the kids to more easily see the results without having to spend any more money on a meter?

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

avid (13th March 2023), Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Harmony (13th March 2023), palehorse (13th March 2023)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,576 times in 1,593 posts

Quote Posted by Sarah Rainsong (here)
    I ordered the stuff I need to make it, but it won't be here for at least another week. (I do have some on hand already, so I'm covered for a bit.)

It'll be a fun science experiment to do with the kids, too. Anyone know of a way to test or view the silver content just as a way for the kids to more easily see the results without having to spend any more money on a meter?

Sarah as far as I know any laser pen will do the work to show the suspended particles in the water maybe any beam of light will work, also a TDS/EC meter cost very little nowadays, I bought one together with the pH meter and it cost me 57 THB (1.6 USD), buy online with any marketplace in your country, or aliexpress even cheaper.

I will build one for myself, I already bought the necessary parts, the only problem now is to get hold to a pair of nice silver rods, I have to buy local because I have no CC and the ones I found here are over priced asking 10.85 USD for 3.2g (rod length 10cm / diameter 0.2cm), current silver price is 0.67 USD per gram which gives me 2.15 USD, I suppose 8.7 USD is the labor cost for making the rods haha

Anyway, when I get mine done I will post some pics here.

Thanks Ron to create this thread.
    Last edited by palehorse; 13th March 2023 at 10:19.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

avid (13th March 2023), Bassplayer1 (13th March 2023), Bill Ryan (13th March 2023), Brigantia (2nd April 2023), Harmony (13th March 2023)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,782 times in 2,666 posts

Quote Posted by Marti (here)
    And here's another option for those of us who can't do it ourselves. This is the one I have: https://thesilveredge.com/
    I have had this for many years. Also, a great manual.
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (13th March 2023), Bill Ryan (13th March 2023), Brigantia (2nd April 2023), palehorse (19th March 2023)

31. Link to Post #16
    Canada Avalon Member Bassplayer1's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,047 times in 264 posts

Colloidal Silver is one of the best things ever. It's one of my 'if stranded on a desert island and only allowed ten items' choices.
    I'm glad to see it being mentioned here.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bassplayer1 For This Post:

avid (13th March 2023), Bill Ryan (13th March 2023), Brigantia (2nd April 2023), mizo (13th March 2023), palehorse (19th March 2023), thepainterdoug (13th March 2023)

33. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,262 times in 3,170 posts

Make it, or buy it. Colloidal silver is the best thing I have ever discovered and used for my health . Been using it for 40 years. Its cured most everything .
    Amazing how the pharma and medical people tried to ruin it by showing people turning blue from it. yeah perhaps if you drank 100 gallons of it
    But to show how chicken people are I have told friends how great this is for years, and still they are all frightened without their doctors ok on it.
    It harmless, passes out of your body in short time and unlike antibiotics, you body does not build a resistance to it.
    It is the number one item I am never caught without at home or in travel.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd April 2023), Brigantia (2nd April 2023), Matthew (13th March 2023), palehorse (19th March 2023), Ravenlocke (13th March 2023), Seeclearly (13th March 2023)

35. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi folks, here is what I came up with, it can't get simply than that.

The parts used (final product lol).

photo zooming on the 4.7K resistor as mentioned by Ron above.

and the case for the 9V battery, see it has a manual switch, I see no use for that, and when I bought this case I didn't notice that, I just want to protect the battery nothing else.. it is just a little plus

Ok, that was the equipment.. now here is the first batch I made

I made it in a dark room to avoid any light to the silver rods, this is the end of the process, see how oxidation took over one of the rods..

after I steered the rods a bit, see how that "thing" created around the rod is floating now in the solution..

the rods after a little bit of clean up, they are half dark.. half shinning..

after steering the solution, you can see the particles and no need for light or laser, particles are huge due to oxidation I guess.. anyway, the next step was to filter it using a 0.2 micron Japanese paper filter, they say that thing is used to filter nano particles, maybe it is true because when I poured the solution through, it took a little while to filter everything, the result was clear water to my eyes, no more huge particles floating around..

then I measured the thing with the TDS meter I have here.. I got 22 ppm which I think is not that bad for first time doing it.

p.s. worth mentioning, the water I used was measured too, it was supposed to be distilled water, but it was 5ppm on my meter.. then subtract it from 22ppm (final result), I generated 17ppm of colloidal silver.

Tonight I am going to do some more, but this time I will use an adapter similar to those ones used to charge the phones, the thing is, the minimum voltage I could find was 3V 500mAh which is acceptable I think.. the experience above I used 9V battery 300mAh.

I already tested it in 2 situations, first I had a wound in my leg, I added colloidal there for 2 days, the wound in much better now. Second I used it with my cat, she got some sort of fungus in her nose, I cleaned up with cotton and colloidal, now her nose is pink again (natural color), it was dark brow before.

Now I need some help here, I took a teaspoon a day after I had done it, but hey it is bitter, very bitter, can anyone tell how does it taste? is it supposed to taste like that? feels like eating rust or something.. for now I am not taking it internally, only for wounds, I just want to have 100% sure about the taste.

Also I made a mistake, this first batch I left running on battery for 12 hours non-stop.. I think that explain the huge particles in the water. Today will be second batch, I will run on 3V 500mAh for 6 hours and measure the results and taste.
    --

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd April 2023), Brigantia (2nd April 2023)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,176 times in 1,357 posts

Does anyone have links to a DIY/make your own generator, preferably a European one seeing as we have some different terminology/wattage to the US? Bit of a science numpty here, so it needs to be clear and simple. Ron's links are no longer working, I hope he's ok.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd April 2023), palehorse (2nd April 2023)

39. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Brigantia (here)
    Does anyone have links to a DIY/make your own generator, preferably a European one seeing as we have some different terminology/wattage to the US? Bit of a science numpty here, so it needs to be clear and simple. Ron's links are no longer working, I hope he's ok.

Hi Brigantia, these are the links I used to build the one I posted just above and of course this thread, the resistor thing I am not sure if I really need that, I will know better after second batch is done.

Oral use of Colloidal Silver | Ingesting | Drinking
    http://www.silvermedicine.org/silveruse3.html

Construction Instructions
    http://www.silvermedicine.org/construction.html

Some more in depth information about colloidal silver
    https://www.silver-colloids.com/

You click the link on the left "FREE D.I.Y. Designs" there is many models there.
    https://www.colloidalsilver.com.au/
    Last edited by palehorse; 2nd April 2023 at 12:44.
    --

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd April 2023), Brigantia (2nd April 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast