+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you can't contact the owners of the website DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Default If you can't contact the owners of the website DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM

Hello Everyone:
    I wrote my experience with facebook in another thread regarding facebook and other websites.
    As I was thinking about what I wrote I also discovered that there are many many other websites that you CANNOT CONTACT. If you cannot contact them DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM.
    I noticed that they wanted a drivers license, birth certificate ( doesn't have a picture as they requested), passport etc.
    The problem with this is once you upload a personal document it's the websites that you uploaded it to as in facebooks case. They say they will confirm who you are etc. then delete it BUT why would they? There is no reason to and they have already locked your account for not reason.

For this reason if the website cannot be contacted by email, text, phone, fax or anyother mode of communication it should be a RED FLAG that they are not reputable to deal with.

For example -
    1. when you get your vehicle services at a garage do you deal with them if there is no way to contact them? Of course not!

2. when you have a problem with your pizza order can you contact the pizza shop to get the order straightened out? Of course you can!

It appears that online websites that make sure there is NO WAY TO CONTACT THEM should be ignored and not dealt with. Maybe then they will have the smarts to make it possible to contact them. If you can talk to someone the problem can be cleared up in a minute or two.
    If you can't get ahold of anyone. It's pretty much impossible to fix the misunderstanding.

DO NOT DEAL WITH ANY WEBSITE that doesn't have the ability to contact them!

chancy

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

astridmari (29th January 2018), bluestflame (28th January 2018), ceetee9 (30th January 2018), enigma3 (28th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th January 2018), Franny (29th January 2018), genevieve (29th January 2018), happyuk (28th January 2018), Hervé (28th January 2018), Mike (29th January 2018), O Donna (29th January 2018), petra (29th January 2018), toppy (29th January 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

Default Re: If you can't contact the owners of the website DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM

Excellent advice! I am not on FB but my mom is and had some issue with her account possibly being hacked. All dealings came by way of computer/ email and the worse post is they wanted a scan copy of her driver's license or equivalent. Huge red flag popped up in my mind thinking there is something very wrong with this picture.

I don't know FB, does anyone have knowledge of whether there is an option to talk to a Facebook customer representative and if there is do they make it easy to find the number?

I try to talk to her about internet security but I don't really think she really listens to me. A little bit of humor in there as that's a bit of role reversal.
    Knock Knock

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

ceetee9 (30th January 2018), chancy (29th January 2018), Mike (29th January 2018), petra (29th January 2018), toppy (29th January 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Default Re: If you can't contact the owners of the website DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM

Quote Posted by O Donna (here)
    Excellent advice! I am not on FB but my mom is and had some issue with her account possibly being hacked. All dealings came by way of computer/ email and the worse post is they wanted a scan copy of her driver's license or equivalent. Huge red flag popped up in my mind thinking there is something very wrong with this picture.

I don't know FB, does anyone have knowledge of whether there is an option to talk to a Facebook customer representative and if there is do they make it easy to find the number?

I try to talk to her about internet security but I don't really think she really listens to me. A little bit of humor in there as that's a bit of role reversal.
    Hello O Donna: This is why I started this thread because there is NOT a WAY to contact facebook. I was not going to give them my drivers license or birth certificate ( no picture with it ) or passport. They claimed it was so they could verify who I was???? The most important documents a person has on this planet and they want them but will delete them as soon as they get them....WRONG!

100 RED FLAGS WENT UP IMMEDIATELY!!!

I spent 2 days trying to find a way to get ahold of them. There is NO WAY except one and it doesn't do any good but spins your wheels deeper into the mud of facebook..............
    This is why I am advocating DO NOT DEAL WITH WEBSITES THAT YOU CANNOT CONTACT IN ANYWAY.
    Good luck O Donna
    chancy

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

ceetee9 (30th January 2018), O Donna (29th January 2018), petra (29th January 2018), toppy (29th January 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Very good point, and now I feel like it'll soon be time to delete my Facebook. It's just an accident waiting to happen.

If someone were to steal my FB right now, I'd probably not try to get it back. I'd be like "Yeah, you can have it. Enjoy"

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

chancy (29th January 2018), O Donna (29th January 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

Facebook is like a dragon/ drug the public helped to create. It will have to be this very same public that changes course which effectively slays it.
    Knock Knock

+ Reply to Thread