+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BRITANNIA - About the Druids vs the Roman invasion of England

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member Alpha141's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 times in 272 posts

Default BRITANNIA - About the Druids vs the Roman invasion of England

Wow,

I have had a bit of a druid, Pagan, Earth, sacred sites (like standing stones, ancestral caves) and symbology, Sacred Feminine theme of late. It also gets into entheogen usage, the other realms, mystical stuff. Who knew they have made a series on it. Brilliant cast, acting, stunning cinematography. Outstanding show guys. Some of he ratings make no sense at all so ignore them. Heads up

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5932548/?ref_=tt_urv

Enjoy
    "Fraud and Falsehood Dread Investigation. Truth Invites It' - Thomas Cooper -
    My website latest creations - http://www.servantoftruth.org

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Alpha141 For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (23rd July 2018), Bill Ryan (23rd July 2018), Ewan (29th January 2018), Flowerpunkchip (23rd July 2018), kfm27917 (26th November 2019), norman (24th July 2018), pabranno (30th January 2018), Spellbound (22nd July 2018), toppy (29th January 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd July 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Default Re: BRITANNIA - About the Druids vs the Roman invasion of England

Sorry Alpha141 not my kind of thing.
    Too commercial and in my mind not what happened at all.

The accounts from the Romans where mainly propaganda.
    The Romans where very superstitious and probably just assimilated the Druid priesthood and knowledge, for their our power use.
    That is just my feelings of those times and peoples.

Not saying that the Druids didn't do some grotesque things though 0.o
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (23rd July 2018), Alpha141 (29th July 2018), bluestflame (29th January 2018), chris_walker (30th January 2018), Spellbound (22nd July 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'm a lover of history too and I simply can't stand to watch anymore distorted TV or films about history. Saw Gladiator on TV this week, but Commodus did not die in the Colosseum. He was strangled by his wrestling partner in his bath after poisoning him failed.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chris_walker For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (23rd July 2018), Alpha141 (29th July 2018), Spellbound (22nd July 2018), Sunny-side-up (30th January 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 times in 463 posts

Yes agree Alpha I'm a bit late getting to this but have been watching this for the last week. Its great. Like a Celtic Apocalypto. Looks great with excellent script and acting

Quote Posted by Alpha141 (here)
    Wow,

I have had a bit of a druid, Pagan, Earth, sacred sites (like standing stones, ancestral caves) and symbology, Sacred Feminine theme of late. It also gets into entheogen usage, the other realms, mystical stuff. Who knew they have made a series on it. Brilliant cast, acting, stunning cinematography. Outstanding show guys. Some of he ratings make no sense at all so ignore them. Heads up

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5932548/?ref_=tt_urv

Enjoy

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (23rd July 2018), Alpha141 (29th July 2018), amandapoet (24th July 2018), Spellbound (22nd July 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

Brilliant show. Knocked off the entire 1st season in 2 days back in February when I was off for knee surgery. There are rumors it was renewed for a 2nd season but I haven't seen anything official about that. Game Of Thrones Lite.

Dave - Toronto

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (23rd July 2018), Alpha141 (29th July 2018), Flowerpunkchip (23rd July 2018), leavesoftrees (23rd July 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd July 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by chris_walker (here)
    I'm a lover of history too and I simply can't stand to watch anymore distorted TV or films about history. Saw Gladiator on TV this week, but Commodus did not die in the Colosseum. He was strangled by his wrestling partner in his bath after poisoning him failed.
    Same, I can't watch the commercial productions, except some historical fiction for entertainment (like the French comedy series on King Arthur).

It's not hard to question the ancient Roman sources either. If you read the primary accounts, they often give different accounts of events. Sometimes the differences are so comical that they're reminiscent of medieval fables (perhaps not by coincidence). For example, not all primary sources attest to Attila the Hun dying of a nosebleed at his wedding. That may have been Roman propaganda. Fortunately, many facts about the Roman world are only reported by a single source and so there's no easy opportunity to contradict those.

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

I loved this series and also binged watched after surgery in March.

It is fantasy. I didn't take it's lack of historical content seriously at all. The costumes, characters and cinematography were thrilling.

I know when I watch old Popeye cartoons that they're not reality either, but I enjoy them all the same.

I have many books on history and when I want to know something, that's where I look.

It's a great series.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (24th July 2018), Alpha141 (29th July 2018), amandapoet (24th July 2018), Flowerpunkchip (23rd July 2018), Spellbound (24th July 2018)

14. Link to Post #8
    France Avalon Member Flowerpunkchip's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 275 posts

Most things you see on TV (including the News) is fantasy.

There is indeed a 2nd series. I know for a fact that they filmed a scene in a quarry near Milton Keynes in the UK in which Jesus on a cross is killed by a Roman with the spear (which many argue that this did not happen and that the spear was used to check if he was indeed dead).

the scene is some sort of 'Lucius' Hugo Speer flashback in Jerusalem.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flowerpunkchip For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (24th July 2018), Alpha141 (29th July 2018), amandapoet (24th July 2018), Spellbound (24th July 2018), Valerie Villars (24th July 2018)

16. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

Quote Posted by Flowerpunkchip (here)
    Most things you see on TV (including the News) is fantasy.

There is indeed a 2nd series. I know for a fact that they filmed a scene in a quarry near Milton Keynes in the UK in which Jesus on a cross is killed by a Roman with the spear (which many argue that this did not happen and that the spear was used to check if he was indeed dead).

the scene is some sort of 'Lucius' Hugo Speer flashback in Jerusalem.
    I would assume there are some new actors coming on board then.....as I thought some key players were killed off in season one, as I recall.

Dave - Toronto

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (24th July 2018), Alpha141 (29th July 2018), Flowerpunkchip (24th July 2018)

18. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

I was born in the city of Chester, Deva Castreux - the city has an ancient past and was a major outpost of the Brittania Roman mission, they kept the Welsh back and managed the northern mission from it.

Therefore, I was exposed to a lot of Roman artifacts, and amphitheaters, my older brother worked on the 'The Dig' when they discovered a significant Roman building in the center of the city. Chester is a magnificent example of a walled city.

So yes I am drawn to ancient history. I watched the series 'Vikings', about Ragnor Lothbrok and the incursion into Britain by the North men-not bad!

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (24th July 2018), Alpha141 (29th July 2018), amandapoet (24th July 2018), Flowerpunkchip (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), Spellbound (24th July 2018), Valerie Villars (24th July 2018)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

You guys might be interested in the work of Heribert Illig. Long story short, archaeological sites in Europe often have the problem of going straight from Late Roman strata to Carolingian strata, skipping about 300 years. What's worse, late Roman coins are found mixed in graves with Carolingian coins.

The 300 years, roughly 500 to 800 AD, are the heart of the "dark ages" and very, very sparsely attested to. It was not a retrogression of civilization, of which there is no real evidence, but an almost total lack of written, archaeological, or other evidence for this period existing in the first place. There are "ancient" primary sources attributed to this 300-year period, to be sure (all of which to my knowledge survive in medieval copies created by the Catholic Church), but often there is only a single source for a great span of years, or authors touch so little on the same subjects that it is hard to even reconcile their accounts with one another to create a larger context.

So Illig's initial conclusion was that the age of Charlemagne and the Viking invasions was a later fabrication, around 1000 AD, or rather what should have been about 700 AD (the BC/AD system was not in widespread use until much later). But there have been some moderating authors who have showed that it isn't a question of whether or not these periods existed, but that they are a mirror or duplication of a later period, artificially pushed back into the past.

So for example, the Vikings wouldn't have been exploring the coast of North America by around 800 AD, nearly 700 years before Columbus supposedly discovered the Caribbean for the first time. Instead, they would have been exploring the coast of North America closer to around 1100 to the 1400's AD, ending around the same time that the Spanish Empire took control of the Americas.

The earliest charters from England discussing western sailing (that is, away from continental Europe, towards the Americas) distinguish between savages (Native Americans) and heathens. The word "heathen" very specifically applied to the Norse. In other words it appears that the other European powers regarded the savages in the same class as the heathens, in the sense that they were not unwilling to engage in combat in order to seize something they wanted badly enough.

In light of all of the above, I suspect that the Vikings still had settlements in North America when the Spanish and Portuguese began arriving and warring with them, finally wiping them out some time in the 1500's probably. There was a recognized kingdom in New England that was then called Norumbega, and you can look that term up. This is what the Native Americans called the city, but the ones who named it didn't live there, and it was rumored for a long time in Europe to be a Norse colony, though authorities who published accounts denied this. Notice that "Nor" in "Norumbega" is the same prefix as you find in the Viking colonies of Norway and Normandy. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

21. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Voice....you just jogged my memory! There is a lady who has tried to point out that 1,000 years have been added into our history from the time of Christ. I think TargeT might know who I'm talking about. Her video was MOST interesting!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (24th July 2018), Alpha141 (29th July 2018), Spellbound (18th August 2018)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

That's the kind of stuff I've been studying for a good while. There are several chronological revisionists, including Heribert Illig and his colleagues that I mention above (I believe Gunnarson was the name of another of them), Anatoly Fomenko, Immanuel Velikovsky, the British amateur historian Alan Wilson is also a chronological revisionist, and so was Isaac Newton.

The last work Isaac Newton ever published (and he published against his will; his hand was forced by a leaked manuscript) was about how chronology is wrong, and he gave examples of why he believed so. He died within a year or so of that publication. The Catholic Church was still actively rewriting history and moving the chronology around while Newton was still alive. So they probably killed him to silence him, or at least that's how it looks to me.

24. Link to Post #14
    Australia Avalon Member Alpha141's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 times in 272 posts

Quote Posted by Mike Gorman (here)
    I was born in the city of Chester, Deva Castreux - the city has an ancient past and was a major outpost of the Brittania Roman mission, they kept the Welsh back and managed the northern mission from it.

Therefore, I was exposed to a lot of Roman artifacts, and amphitheaters, my older brother worked on the 'The Dig' when they discovered a significant Roman building in the center of the city. Chester is a magnificent example of a walled city.

So yes I am drawn to ancient history. I watched the series 'Vikings', about Ragnor Lothbrok and the incursion into Britain by the North men-not bad!
    If you really like the Vikings theme and a more Britain Focus of history Mike. I think you (and the rest all) will find a series of the same theme with a different focus. More on the England side of things with the various separate kingdoms. If you guys are from the 1980s and played 'Defender of the Crown' on the Commadore 64 etc it reminded be of that crossed with the recent Vikings series. It is called 'The Last Kingdom' I highly recommend also.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4179452/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Appreciate all the info guys. I have an interest in many things shared.

P.S - This is just something to process or contemplate. Don't see alot of the imagination coming through in alot of these series being released as pure fantasy. See that there is enormous will on many levels for our ancient lost history to seek through. Like the dam is bursting and preventing it coming though is a very tough job. See that what is coming through in these amazing series, movies contain puzzle pieces to that. The guy i operate calls it 'Soft Disclosure'. Much of out human potential being returned operates in realms science and those winners who wrote the history don't allow to be quantified in this reality we all find ourselves. Discern what i say here heavily. But just have a bit of an open door of possibility. Thread the pieces together. You will feel it, sense you body (some feeling might be sensing false but its just a re-association of feelings to truth vs false). Keep up the good work all

Cheers
    "Fraud and Falsehood Dread Investigation. Truth Invites It' - Thomas Cooper -
    My website latest creations - http://www.servantoftruth.org

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Alpha141 For This Post:

Valerie Villars (29th July 2018)

+ Reply to Thread