Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: Prostate cancer

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

Default Re: Prostate cancer

Quote Posted by James Newell (here)
    One aspect of Cancer not mentioned is it often preceded by a loss or upset of some kind. Cancer could very well have a psychosomatic inception and a good therapy that can address those losses can help. Not to mention many of the "medical treatments" are very upsetting, painful and with adverse side effects.

Also not just "fight" the cancer;get the immune system back to battery so it can help defeat any illness.
    I can attest to the effects of emotional trauma being a main contributor to cancer. I was diagnosed with a very rare and aggressive cancer in March 2016. I got cancer despite being vegetarian and practicing meditation regularly for over 20 years. Despite urging from numerous oncologists from 3 cancer centers/clinics to get chemotherapy right away, I used natural remedy totally to beat cancer. Now I'm totally cancer free, my last MRI on January 2018 confirms this.

I wrote about my cancer experience here.

In my case, I believe I got cancer due to repressing anger from experiencing physical and emotional abuse from my late adoptive father who was chronic smoker and alcoholic. I was able to forgive my father before he passed on March 2017.

So I would suggest learning meditation or other ways to relax one's mind and body. Also I would learn to forgive oneself and others as well. Dealing with cancer should be treated with balancing and harmonizing all aspects of oneself, and not just dealing with cancer itself.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th March 2018), Constance (7th July 2019), Helene West (13th March 2018), Hym (4th July 2019), Matisse (13th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

my younger brother appears to be in remission now going on two years from some rare abdominal sarcoma. I've often felt though I never said it that it was because of emotional trauma that he got cancer. he lost everything in the mortgage 2008 crash. Sometime around there he also lost his job. he was traumatized. he misread signals other sibs gave him and came several states away thinking one of them were going to give him a job and they virtually ignored him. I saw him break down and cry. He told me he felt doomed. Then one day in a new job he just doubled over in pain and had to be taken for emergency surgery and they took something the size of a grapefruit out of him.
    he is doing ok but has a very demanding job. I worry because emotions I feel caused the cancer and the current stress may bring it back.
    I'm grateful for onevoice's sharing the baking soda cure. I've made a note about it and will be ready to impart should the need arise.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th March 2018), Hym (4th July 2019), Matisse (13th March 2018), onevoice (13th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onevoice (here)
    One aspect of Cancer not mentioned is it often preceded by a loss or upset of some kind. Cancer could very well have a psychosomatic inception and a good therapy that can address those losses can help. Not to mention many of the "medical treatments" are very upsetting, painful and with adverse side effects.

Also not just "fight" the cancer;get the immune system back to battery so it can help defeat any illness.
    I can attest to the effects of emotional trauma being a main contributor to cancer. I was diagnosed with a very rare and aggressive cancer in March 2016. I got cancer despite being vegetarian and practicing meditation regularly for over 20 years. Despite urging from numerous oncologists from 3 cancer centers/clinics to get chemotherapy right away, I used natural remedy totally to beat cancer. Now I'm totally cancer free, my last MRI on January 2018 confirms this.

I wrote about my cancer experience here.

In my case, I believe I got cancer due to repressing anger from experiencing physical and emotional abuse from my late adoptive father who was chronic smoker and alcoholic. I was able to forgive my father before he passed on March 2017.

So I would suggest learning meditation or other ways to relax one's mind and body. Also I would learn to forgive oneself and others as well. Dealing with cancer should be treated with balancing and harmonizing all aspects of oneself, and not just dealing with cancer itself.
    Yes I agree with you, I am learning Qi Gong with my acupunturist this is a type of meditation...

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matisse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th March 2018), Cognitive Dissident (17th March 2018), Hym (4th July 2019), onevoice (13th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), suwesi (21st March 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Austria Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hello Matisse,
    have you looked into high dose iodine? (Dr. Brownstein)
    The interesting thing is, that some cancers seem to be correlated to iodine deficiency. Prostate cancer is one of them. So the theory says: fill up your iodine and the cancer will be gone by itsself in 3-12 month. There are many reports on breast and ovarian cancers that confirm this (I have not looked for prostate cancer success stories- but it should be the same principle).
    If you plan on doing it - you MUST take the co-factors (salt, potassium, vitamin b2 200mg, b3 1.000mg, selenium 200-800µg, vitamin A, ...) + start slowly (there might be heavy detox the first days or even weeks).
    (and be sure to drink water without fluoride, use toothpaste, mouthwash without it a.s.o). + if you try this, it will change your hormone equilibrium a lot.

Cancer feeding on your vitamins...: Yes, it does. BUT my 5 cents: give yourself enough nutrition to stay strong and be able to fight. You cannot starve it by cutting down on Aminoacids, Vitamins and Minerals (not having enough of the last 2 would harm you more than the cancer cells. They usually do not feed on amino acids. So be sure to give your body plenty/sufficent amino acids. Your body is made mainly of amino acids. I would have my blood tested for them (amino acid profile in german - I do not know what it is called in english. have it tested and then optimize it. make sure all of them are very high (=optimal). it makes your body/your immune system strong to fight. the same with vitamins/minerals).
    your immune system/body isn't stupid. just a couple broken cells running wild

Great that you do not eat sugar - depending on the type of cancer you might be able to starve your cancer. If it is feeding on Glucose (most fast spreading cancers are) you can starve it by going into ketose. Which means reducing carbs to a point where your body has to change to ketosis - thus feeding your healthy cells, but not the cancer cells anymore. you can eat plenty - good amino acids and fat (kind like atkins - but healthier: look into low carb/high fat).
    (If you chose to try it - no more melasses). Just to make sure: your stomach has to be very acidic in order for you to stay healthy/digest your food.You might need Enzymes/Betain HCL to optimize your digestion.

hormone therapy: I have not researched it - just my thoughts after reading it in your post: I would try to have my body in optimal health. messing around with hormons does not sound like it. (maybe it is the right thing in your case - it just does not sound like it).
    If I would take hormones, I would try to get the bioidentical ones (I hope it is called this - I mean the natural ones instead of the chemical ones). Chemical vitamins are ok (except k2, vitamin E - those have to be natural). Hormones - as far as I understand have to be natural.
    It takes 2 minutes to raise testosterone by 20%: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks-_Mh1QhMc&t=3s (Powerposing makes the body produce more testosteron - the opposite lowers testosterone)

I would try to have all my supplements/things you are doing to fight your cancer "tested" or test myself (kinesiology). It seems you are taking a lot - therefore it would bei good to have a look if your body needs all of that/can take all of that.

You might want to look into bengston/energy healing (there is a thread somewhere here). Even if you do not believe in it/think you cannot do it - his cycling technique as a stand alone is very powerful (and EVERYBODY can do it). It enables your brainwaves to go into healing modus.
    If you want to go into the "direct healing" using bengston - you can charge cotton to do it on yourself. (the cool thing is - his "woo woo" has been proved scientifically - on mice - for many times now )

Good luck to you!
    (if something is not clear, please ask. I am quite tired and have a hard time finding the right english words).

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to suwesi For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2019), Bill Ryan (21st March 2018), Hym (4th July 2019), Matisse (20th March 2018), onevoice (21st March 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Thank you suwesu for all of your valuable information. I will check out the iodine and you have many great ideas. As for the hormone therapy I agree with you that it is not optimal, and would prefer not to do it, but i was diagnosed with it already very advanced so I need drastic results. I am not taking hormones but rather alpha blockers to stop the testorone (not my favorite idea either) the cancer i have lives off of testorone, so its to cut off its food supply to starve it.You are right about the carbs, i am consuming very little and only whole grains, mainly i am eating vegetables and salads,olive oil, some fruit with organic yohgurt or quark with linseed oil. Many of the suplements i am taking are for amino acids and to boost the immune system, a few are herb extracts known to help and others for minerals, but you are right i am trying not to overdue it and listen carefully to my body to try to find the right balance. I do feel strong and healthier than i have been for a long time, it's sort of a paradox. I definately want to check out the benston/energy healing, i have been doing qi-qong and it helps me concentrate/meditate on healing my organs.
    Thanks again for all your great feedback...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matisse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st March 2018), suwesi (21st March 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

There are lots of success stories of people healing from cancer via juice fasting.
    The Gerson method has been around for a long time, https://gerson.org/gerpress/the-gerson-therapy/
    ...though there are different protocols and recommendations that have been developed more recently for different types of cancer, so you might want to research more recent developments in juice fasting as well.
    Fresh aloe vera has been used to treat cancer and AIDS very successfully.
    See: https://www.cancerdefeated.com/newsl...verything.html
    The fresh gel is high in oxygen, just one ingredient in aloe that is very helpful in killing cancer cells ( I don't recommend any bottled or processed aloe products however, just the fresh gel. If you can't get it locally, you can probably find a way to have it shipped to you.)
    Also see my post here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1061851
    Aloe and Spirulina are both first class "superfoods", and sprouted foods will help give your body the energy and enzymes you need for the fight.
    Good luck!
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2019), Bill Ryan (21st March 2018), Hym (4th July 2019), Kryztian (8th September 2020), Matisse (21st March 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Austria Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Matisse,
    maybe you can remember (or check with your doctors) if they gave you glucose to see where your cancer is (and if it worked to make it visible).
    If so, I would go into ketoses immediately. No food for the unwanted guest - so the party must be over
    (I tried to find infos on the blood test that could help, could not find it. But I keep looking).

Did you know that probably everybody - if dissected today - would have 2-3 cancers (in different stages - so from pre-cancerous to small cancercell accumulations to ... full blown).
    That is what happens in our bodies alle the time - starting from birth. The body tries to find those cells and dispose them or lock them inside a cyst or...
    So when your body can make it - your body also can get rid of it - when the environement changes - and that is exactly what you are doing. keep it up! (just so you keep your spirits high )

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to suwesi For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2019), Bill Ryan (21st March 2018), Hym (4th July 2019), Matisse (21st March 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    Austria Avalon Member
    Thanks

one more thing:

D3: is your d3 level >70ng/ml? (level should be high - you find studies on pubmed how healing/survival rates increase with increasing D3 levels).
    good that you take k2 along. it also needs boron (3mg/d) (maybe that is in your multi vitamin). + magnesium to work properly.

You might want to look into the coimbra protocol - a high dose d3 protocol (it was developed for auto immune diseases - MS and such. but I starts being used for healing from cancer as well. I guess cancer is also somewhat "auto immune", isn't it?)

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to suwesi For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2019), Bill Ryan (21st March 2018), Hym (4th July 2019), Matisse (21st March 2018), onevoice (21st March 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Hi suwesi, thank you for your encouragement. They saw the cancer and metasis with a ct scan using iodine for contrast. I,ve done a new one this past week and will get the results monday. It,s a more hormone related cancer than glucose, it lives off of testarone. but i still think cancer in general likes glucose and an acidic envirement, so i,m watching the carbs and eating alkaline. Thanks again for all your input.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matisse For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2019), Bill Ryan (21st March 2018), Hym (4th July 2019), onevoice (21st March 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Joe from the Carolinas's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,955 times in 995 posts

So true! Emotional stress in any form directly impacts the immune system. A form of therapy to look into is something called “recall healing” by Gilbert Renaud.

On the baking soda issue. We do need to be careful and data driven in adjusting the PH of our body. Certain PH levels (high as well as low) will cause serious problems. Be sure to constantly measure PH if messing with it.

On the topic of PH, there is an excellent and entertaining Dr Simoncini interview on one radio network. Here’s a link to the search page. I linked the whole page because there are related interviews as well.

https://oneradionetwork.com/?s=Simoncini

For a prostate cancer story from a survivor, tune into the interview with Keith Foster at the same link.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2019), Baby Steps (18th June 2018), Bill Ryan (23rd March 2018), Hym (4th July 2019), Matisse (25th March 2018), onevoice (23rd March 2018), toppy (11th November 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 times in 274 posts

According to Dr Jennifer Daniels, prostate cancer is a myth. Doctor's just want to operate on an enlarged prostate, kill the guy's libido and worsen his state of health. The right question to ask is how many men live with an enlarged prostate and to how long (without the knowledge of reducing its size naturally) - apparently up to 90 yrs of age and older!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spade For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2019), Hym (4th July 2019), James Newell (18th June 2018), Mike (4th July 2019), toppy (11th November 2018)

23. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member James Newell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 times in 340 posts

A lot of people just get plain scared when they hear they have the big "C".
    One chart I saw said if they get the prostate operation(cut it out) and get chemo etc they have a 3.5 % chance of dying in 10 years. And if they do nothing at all they have a 4 % chance of dying in 10 years. Kind of funny when you think of it. As the old saying goes: there are lies, there are damn lies, then there are statistics.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to James Newell For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2019), Bill Ryan (4th July 2019), Constance (30th July 2019), Hym (4th July 2019), Mike (4th July 2019), spade (19th June 2018), toppy (11th November 2018)

25. Link to Post #33
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Neem Plant Suppresses Cancer and Reduces Tumours By 70 Percent

Neem oil has been valued for centuries for its huge range of medicinal uses. Now Singapore academics have stated that active compounds in the neem plant reduce the size of prostate tumours by up to 70 percent and suppress its spread or metastasis by half.

A team of international researchers led by Associate Professor Gautam Sethi from the Department of Pharmacology at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine at the National University of Singapore (NUS) reported the findings following a 12-week study on mice.

Nimbolide, a bioactive terpenoid compound derived from Azadirachta indica, more commonly known as the neem plant have a direct effect on cancer cells.

Leaf pastes and extracts from the neem plant are used in skin care products, hair treatment, toothpastes, insect repellants, mouth wash, and many other medicinal uses. Many herbalists recommend chewing the leaves, taking capsules of dried leaf, or drinking the bitter tea. The leaves cleanse the blood, help the gastrointestinal system, support the liver, and strengthen the immune system, to name just some of the most popular benefits.

Prostate cancer is one of the most commonly diagnosed cancers worldwide. However, currently available therapies for metastatic prostate cancer are only marginally effective, said the researchers, writing in the journal Antioxidants & Redox Signaling.

Neem is a natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-histamine, anti-viral and anti-microbial. It contains extraordinarily high levels of antioxidants and carotenoids (similar to carotene) which provide high antioxidant compounds that help defend the body against free radicals.

“Although the diverse anti-cancer effects of nimbolide have been reported in different cancer types, its potential effects on prostate cancer initiation and progression have not been demonstrated in scientific studies.

“In this research, we have demonstrated that nimbolide can inhibit tumour cell viability – a cellular process that directly affects the ability of a cell to proliferate, grow, divide, or repair damaged cell components – and induce programmed cell death in prostate cancer cells,” said Associate Professor Sethi.

Cell invasion and migration are key steps during tumour metastasis. The NUS-led study revealed that nimbolide can significantly suppress cell invasion and migration of prostate cancer cells, suggesting its ability to reduce tumour metastasis, without exhibiting any significant adverse effects.

“This is possible because a direct target of nimbolide in prostate cancer is glutathione reductase, an enzyme which is responsible for maintaining the antioxidant system that regulates the STAT3 gene in the body. The activation of the STAT3 gene has been reported to contribute to prostate tumour growth and metastasis,” he added. “We have found that nimbolide can substantially inhibit STAT3 activation and thereby abrogating the growth and metastasis of prostate tumour.”

Traditional Medicine

The neem plant belongs to the mahogany tree family that is originally native to India and the Indian sub-continent. It has been part of traditional Asian medicine for centuries and is typically used in Indian Ayurvedic medicine.

The team is now looking to embark on a genome-wide screening or to perform a large-scale study of proteins to analyse the side-effects and determine other potential molecular targets of nimbolide.

Source: Health Nut News

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2019), Bill Ryan (4th July 2019), DeeMetrios (20th July 2019), Forest Denizen (4th July 2019), Hym (4th July 2019), Mike (4th July 2019), Rosemarie (5th July 2019), spade (27th July 2019), waree (4th July 2019)

27. Link to Post #34
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Starting at 1:39:16 - Robert Morse discusses Prostate cancer

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2019), Bill Ryan (4th July 2019), Forest Denizen (4th July 2019), Hym (4th July 2019), Mike (4th July 2019), Rosemarie (5th July 2019)

29. Link to Post #35
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is one of the most loved essential oils. And no wonder, as it’s incredibly beneficial for so many diverse health problems. Read on to discover different ways to use peppermint essential oil to improve your health (some of which are rather surprising!), along with what research has uncovered about this amazingly healing oil.

Peppermint Through the Ages

It is believed that prehistoric people used peppermint medicinally, but of course there are no records in existence for us to draw upon. Peppermint is one of the world’s oldest medicines though. It has a long history of documented use, going back as far as Roman times when the Roman naturalist Pliny the Elder described its use. Ancient Romans and Greeks used peppermint to flavor food, wine, and sweets. Aristotle mentions peppermint being used as an aphrodisiac! The ancient Egyptians were also known to have grown and used peppermint.

Peppermint begins to be mentioned for therapeutic uses in Europe in the mid-18th century. Traditional herbalists used peppermint mainly for relieving digestive difficulties such as stomach aches, gas, diarrhea, and indigestion. It was also used in the treatment of colds, flu, nervous disorders, cholera, and to ease tension headaches. Peppermint is still being used for many of these complaints today.

How is Peppermint Essential Oil Made?

Peppermint essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves and stems of the plant. The phytochemicals (natural plant-based chemicals) found within a good quality, medicinal grade peppermint essential oil are noteworthy. They include menthol, which is the most abundant phytochemical in peppermint oil, up to 50%. Also important are menthone, menthofuran, menthyl acetate, 1.8-cineole, pulegone, perillyl alcohol, limonene, beta-pinene, and beta-caryophyllene. Many of these phytochemicals are currently being studied for their anti-cancer benefits.

Peppermint also contains flavonoids, primarily eriocitrin, luteolin, and hesperidin. As with many plants, the phytochemical profile of peppermint varies according to the season it is harvested and environmental growing conditions.

13 of the Best Uses (from A-Z) for Peppermint Essential Oil

1. Anti-cancer:

There exists a multitude of research studies on peppermint. Much of the anti-cancer benefits of peppermint are due to its phytochemical content. Limonene, beta-pinene, and beta-caryophyllene are all highly anti-cancer phytochemicals with plenty of anti-cancer research on them. In a 2012 animal study reported in the journal PloS One, peppermint had cytotoxic effects against lung carcinoma, leukemia, and gastric cancer cells. This same research indicated peppermint was a potent anti-inflammatory, important in cancer because cancer is such a pro-inflammatory process in the body. Researchers also found peppermint to have antioxidant properties.

Another animal study reported in 2014 in the Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine found that peppermint inhibited the initiation and promotion of tongue cancer in mice. It also showed that peppermint has a chemopreventive (“chemo” means cancer) effect.

A 2015 study released in the American Journal of Cancer Research found that perillyl alcohol (one of the phytochemicals in peppermint, referred to as “POH” in the study) was effective for those with malignant brain tumors. The study reported that “clinical trials in Brazil have explored intranasal POH delivery as an alternative to circumvent the toxic limitations of oral administration. In these trials, patients with recurrent malignant gliomas were given comparatively small doses of POH via simple inhalation through the nose. Results from these studies show this type of long-term, daily chemotherapy to be well tolerated and effective.”

These researchers agreed that perillyl alcohol had chemopreventive activity, suppressed tumor growth, and had antiangiogenic properties (the ability of tumors to develop their own blood supply to feed them) both in animals and humans.

An older 2011 in vitro (test tube) study reported in the Internal Journal of Toxicology indicated that peppermint had cytotoxic (“cyto” means cell) activity. It also had anti-cancer activity against six different cancer cell lines − cervical, breast, acute T-cell leukemia, bladder, pancreatic, and colorectal cancer.

Menthol has also recently been studied for its anti-cancer effects, most notably against prostate cancer cells. Two studies reported in 2012 that menthol influences gene expression, has cytotoxic activity, and inhibits the proliferation (spread) of prostate cancer cells. A study reported in 2009 revealed that menthol enhances the anti-proliferative activity of vitamin D3 in prostate cancer.

2. Antimicrobial:

There are a number of studies attesting to the antimicrobial properties of peppermint, making it great for wound healing, respiratory infections, tonsillitis, bronchitis, laryngitis. One particular study found peppermint oil to be potent against E. coli. It also inhibited bacteria exhibiting resistance to antibiotic drugs, Shigella sonei, Staphylococcus aureus, and Micrococcus flavus. Hospitals, take note!

3. Digestive Aid:

Peppermint oil is amazingly healing for the digestive tract. There are many studies on peppermint oil and its ability to relieve the symptoms of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). A 2007 Italian study reported in the Journal of Digestive Liver Disease found a 50% reduction in the symptoms of IBS for 75 percent of patients who used peppermint oil. That is truly significant! Peppermint has powerful antispasmodic properties, which is probably why it works so well. It is effective for stomach aches, flatulence, and diarrhea.

4. Fever Reduction:

While it isn’t a good idea to break a fever at its very onset (a fever is the body’s way of killing invading microbes), there are times when you may need to step in and reduce it. Peppermint oil works very well for this. See “Tips for Using” below for more on how it works.

5. Fungal Infections:

Fungal infections are problematic and can be difficult to eradicate. Candida albicans is especially hard to get rid of. Recent research (2015) indicated the phytochemicals within peppermint oil exerted powerful anti-fungal activity and was quite effective against candida.

6. Headaches & Migraines:

A 2016 research study in Germany found that topical treatment with peppermint oil was significantly more effective in treatment of tension headaches than a placebo. It was also comparable to the efficacy of acetylsalicylic acid (Aspirin) and paracetamol (Tylenol). Peppermint oil helps to relieve migraines as well. A 2010 Iranian study on menthol found that pain, nausea, and the other symptoms associated with migraines were much improved by applying menthol to the forehead and temples of 35 patients with migraines.

7. Nausea:

Peppermint has long been used as a treatment for nausea. It is also effective, however, for chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. A 2013 study found that both peppermint and spearmint reduced the intensity and frequency of nausea associated with chemotherapy.

8. Pain Relief:

Due in large part to its menthol content, peppermint oil is wonderful for pain relief. Peppermint is good for sore muscles, achy joints, neuralgia, cold sores, fibromyalgia, and many other painful conditions. It appears to work not only by interrupting the pain signal from the sore place to the brain, but also helps to ease pain due to its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.

9. Promotes Hair Regrowth:

A Chinese animal study reported in 2014 in Toxicological Research demonstrated that peppermint essential oil may be helpful for hair loss. Animals were divided into four groups, and saline, jojoba oil, minoxidil and peppermint oil were applied to the skin of shaved mice for 4 weeks. Only the peppermint oil group exhibited a significant increase in skin thickness, hair follicle numbers, depth of hair follicles and hair regrowth. The researchers said that at week three, the peppermint oil “remarkably promoted hair growth.” In fact, the growth was better than saline and jojoba and even greater than the minoxidil (Rogaine), a popular hair regrowth drug. Further, they reported that at week four the peppermint oil showed hair regrowth at about 92%, whereas minoxidil about only at 55%.

10. Radioprotective / Neuroprotective:

2010 research reported in the Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics admitted that radiation-induced damage to normal tissues “restricts the therapeutic doses of radiation that can be delivered to tumors and thereby limits the effectiveness of the treatment.” Researchers found that peppermint protected the testes, gastrointestinal tract, and hematopoietic stem cells in mice. In addition, 2013 research on mice published in Cytotechnology found that peppermint played a significant role in protecting neurons from radiation damage.

11. Respiratory Problems:

Peppermint oil contains vitamins C and A, omega-3 fatty acids, and minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, and potassium − all of which are useful for any condition where mucus is present. It is the menthol content, however, which makes peppermint oil so helpful for respiratory problems. It is a natural decongestant (it dissolves mucus). It has natural anti-histamine properties and will not cause sleepiness.

Peppermint also relaxes the muscles of the respiratory tract − it is a natural bronchodilator. All of these things, combined with its antibacterial and antiviral benefits, make it excellent for colds, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), exercise-induced asthma, allergies, bronchitis, sinusitis, and flu.

12. Skin Complaints:

Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, peppermint essential oil eases skin conditions such as dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis. It can ease the pain of sunburn and is excellent for chapped lips. Because of its ability to inhibit bacterial growth and reduce inflammation, it’s also wonderful for acne.

13. Weight Loss:

Inhaling peppermint essential oil can stave off the munchies and help you feel full a little more quickly. A 1994 study reported that inhaling peppermint oil affected the satiety center in the hypothalamus. This was a 6-month study with over 3,000 people, during which time the average weight loss experienced was 30 pounds (13.6 kilograms).

Peppermint-essential-oil-benefits-2

5 Tips For Using Peppermint Essential Oil

For Pain Relief − Massage peppermint oil directly into affected areas. Applied to the skin (transdermally), essential oils are easily absorbed by the body within approximately 20 minutes. See information on dilution in precautions below.
    For Respiratory Problems − You can try one of the following techniques:
    (a) Diffuse the oil into the room using a cool mist or ultrasonic diffuser. Do not heat essential oils as it diminishes their therapeutic benefits.

(b) Place a drop or two of peppermint oil into the palms of the hands and breathe in deeply. It will be absorbed into the bloodstream rapidly through the lungs and sinuses. Be careful to avoid the eyes.

(c) For congested sinuses, place one drop of peppermint oil in the palm of your hand, lick it off with your tongue, and then place your tongue on the soft palate (the roof of your mouth). Breathe in. Instant relief!

For Reducing a Fever − in a bowl, put one teaspoon of an organic carrier oil (eg. olive, coconut, or almond), add 1 drop of peppermint essential oil. Mix it and apply the oil to the bottoms of the feet and back of the neck. Check your temperature again in 30 minutes or so − it should be reduced by one or two degrees. See precautions below if working with a child.
    For Indigestion or Stomach Ache − rub one drop of peppermint oil across the stomach. You can also take it internally in a capsule with a glass of water. Or simply put one drop in a glass of water and mix it (no, oil and water don’t combine well, but the oil will disperse to a degree) and drink the water.
    For Hair Regrowth − do a skin test first on a small patch of skin to ensure your scalp is not overly sensitive to peppermint oil. Wait 30 minutes or so − if no irritation occurs, proceed. In a small glass bowl add two drops of peppermint oil to one tablespoon of a good organic carrier oil such as jojoba or coconut. Massage the oil into the scalp and leave for at least half an hour. Remember the research study above showed the best results after week four, so be persistent. Be sure no oil gets in the eyes.

Precautions When Working With Peppermint Essential Oil

If you intend to use peppermint essential oil medicinally, it’s important that your essential oil supplier knows what they are doing when growing and distilling the herb. Only buy from a trusted source and organic is best.

Be aware that peppermint essential oil is extremely condensed. One drop of peppermint oil has the menthol content of over 20 cups of peppermint tea. Be extremely cautious when using peppermint on or near the face, especially with children. Never apply essential oils anywhere near eyes or ears. Be sure to dilute with an organic carrier oil if you have sensitive skin.

Always dilute peppermint for children. It is recommended to avoid using peppermint oil with children under two unless you absolutely need to (for instance, for reducing fever). From six months up to six years of age, use one drop of peppermint essential oil to 4 teaspoons of carrier oil. For children over six years, elderly adults, or pregnant women, use 1 drop of peppermint oil per teaspoon of carrier oil.

It is not recommended to use any essential oil as a stand-alone treatment for cancer or the other disorders mentioned in this article. However, when used in combination with other therapies, both natural and conventional, essential oils can play a wonderful role in the healing process.

Source: The truth about cancer

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2019), Bill Ryan (4th July 2019), DeeMetrios (20th July 2019), Forest Denizen (4th July 2019), Hym (4th July 2019), Mike (4th July 2019), Rosemarie (5th July 2019), samildamach (4th July 2019)

31. Link to Post #36
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This young and vibrant guy has dedicated his life to helping those with cancer. His own story is completely awe-inspiring.

People are surviving cancer. There are many videos and articles from cancer survivors telling their own amazing stories that he shares here.

He has a website called Chris Beat Cancer.

Last edited by Forest Denizen; 4th July 2019 at 22:52. Reason: Correct name of website

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Akasha (28th July 2019), Alekahn2 (5th July 2019), Bill Ryan (4th July 2019), East Sun (5th July 2019), fifi (9th August 2019), Forest Denizen (4th July 2019), Hym (4th July 2019), Rosemarie (5th July 2019), Sadieblue (5th July 2019)

33. Link to Post #37
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2019), Bill Ryan (4th July 2019), DeDukshyn (4th July 2019), Forest Denizen (4th July 2019), Hym (4th July 2019), Rosemarie (5th July 2019)

35. Link to Post #38
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Episode 217: His Incurable Prostate Cancer Has Been Cleared With The Use Of Cannabis Oil

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2019), Bill Ryan (4th July 2019), DeDukshyn (4th July 2019), East Sun (5th July 2019), fifi (9th August 2019), Hym (4th July 2019), Rosemarie (5th July 2019), Sadieblue (5th July 2019)

37. Link to Post #39
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

New German medicine - the connection between our psyche and disease

http://www.newmedicine.ca/german-new-medicine.php

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2019), Bill Ryan (4th July 2019), DeDukshyn (4th July 2019), Hym (4th July 2019)

39. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,260 times in 1,397 posts

Quote Posted by spade (here)
    According to Dr Jennifer Daniels, prostate cancer is a myth. Doctor's just want to operate on an enlarged prostate, kill the guy's libido and worsen his state of health. The right question to ask is how many men live with an enlarged prostate and to how long (without the knowledge of reducing its size naturally) - apparently up to 90 yrs of age and older!
    A lot of people just get plain scared when they hear they have the big "C".
    One chart I saw said if they get the prostate operation(cut it out) and get chemo etc they have a 3.5 % chance of dying in 10 years. And if they do nothing at all they have a 4 % chance of dying in 10 years. Kind of funny when you think of it. As the old saying goes: there are lies, there are damn lies, then there are statistics.
    I had my prostate removed because I was locked up!(could not pee )My Gleason scale was a 9 and fast spreading. I lost other parts also including part of one testicle. I had a jack rabbit! It was spreading fast and they barely caught it in time because I hesitated. By the way my grandfather had his removed at 57 and lived to be 86. My father had his removed at 59 and is currently 82.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2019), Bill Ryan (4th July 2019), Constance (7th July 2019), East Sun (5th July 2019), Hym (4th July 2019), Rosemarie (5th July 2019), Sadieblue (5th July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast