+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 1 8 18 34 LastLast

Thread: Transgender issues

1. Link to Post #141
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Default Re: Transgender issues

I have a dear friend, about my age, who is highly intelligent & has had a great career....married 3 times. I often joke with her that she is actually a "man" in a woman's body! But she swears she wouldn't want to be anything BUT a woman!

As a little girl I always wished I had been born a boy; yes, I was the Tomboy type...never played with dolls, etc.

So maybe we have to experience what each is like? I remember George Kavassilas relating that he remembers in another life being a very evil man.

2. Link to Post #142
    Thanks

This could cause The Donald immense trouble .
    President Obama caused this administration huge trouble when it changed matters in 2016 . Since then we have witnessed the hysteria and madness of the No Nevers and extreme left wing activists . They and others will employ Discrimination rhetoric to argue that this new legislation is wrong .
    I wonder if the Trump Admin should have delayed this move because now its fallout noise could deflect from far more important matters -- like indicting those guilty of treason and conspiracy .

ZERO HEDGE

https://zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-2...r-military-ban

In a decision that is bound to 'trigger' millions across America (while the majority go about their days giving exactly zero f*cks), the U.S. Supreme Court cleared President Donald Trump’s administration to start barring most transgender people from serving in the armed forces.

As Bloomberg reports, transgender troops have been serving openly since June 2016, when President Barack Obama’s administration began lifting a longstanding prohibition. Opponents of the ban say reinstating it would violate the Constitution’s equal protection clause.

“This case is about whether men and women who want to serve in the United States Armed Forces to protect their country and who are able and otherwise qualified to do so should be barred from military service because they are transgender,” according to court filings on behalf of current and prospective military members.

The justices, voting 5-4, put on hold lower court decisions that had blocked the administration’s planned ban from taking effect. Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan dissented.

The administration’s policy is less absolute than Trump’s original tweet suggested. It lets people continue to serve if they began transitioning their gender in reliance on the Obama policy. But it would bar anyone from starting gender transition while in the armed forces. And the policy would block people from joining the military if they have already transitioned.
    "I felt a great disturbance in the farce, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

In a decision that is bound to 'trigger' millions across America (while the majority go about their days giving exactly zero f*cks), the U.S. Supreme Court cleared President Donald Trump’s administration to start barring most transgender people from serving in the armed forces.

As Bloomberg reports, transgender troops have been serving openly since June 2016, when President Barack Obama’s administration began lifting a longstanding prohibition. Opponents of the ban say reinstating it would violate the Constitution’s equal protection clause.

“This case is about whether men and women who want to serve in the United States Armed Forces to protect their country and who are able and otherwise qualified to do so should be barred from military service because they are transgender,” according to court filings on behalf of current and prospective military members.

The justices, voting 5-4, put on hold lower court decisions that had blocked the administration’s planned ban from taking effect. Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan dissented.

The administration’s policy is less absolute than Trump’s original tweet suggested. It lets people continue to serve if they began transitioning their gender in reliance on the Obama policy. But it would bar anyone from starting gender transition while in the armed forces. And the policy would block people from joining the military if they have already transitioned.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 22nd January 2019 at 15:53. Reason: added link to source article

3. Link to Post #143
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

“This case is about whether men and women who want to serve in the United States Armed Forces to protect their country and who are able and otherwise qualified to do so should be barred from military service because they are transgender,” according to court filings on behalf of current and prospective military members.”

No this is not what it’s ALL about and I’m going to step out on politically incorrect twig (AKA Farrell speak) that may result in a fire storm, even on Avalon.

What it is also about is not having service members sidelined for moths due to surgery. It is about not asking US tax dollars to pay for (unnecessary) cosmetic elective surgery. It is about not having your work force unavailable due hormone treatments while in fox holes in the middle of nowhere. It is about asking other people to live with, shower with and poop with the opposite sex that say they are not that despite their anatomy to the contrary.

Most of California tax payers are not aware that prisoners who identify as transgendger can have expensive plastic surgery (costing thousands they would never have the money for) surgery paid for by tax dollars. Remember we are talking about murders, abusers, child molesters, rapists and list could go on! Do they deserve human health and mental health treatment, yes absolutely but fifty plus grand in unnecessary surgery is an outrage few are willing to talk about for fear they will be politically destroyed.

They also don’t know that transgender males posing as females can charge a lot of money for sex in prisons. Straight men feel more comfortable with men that look like women. Prisoners can also have sex with their wife when they visit.

So If I’m female and felt my breasts were not large enough and that caused me emotional distress, should the military pay for implants? Should a prison? If I was a man and I thought my chin was narrow and made me look gay or weak, causing emotional distress, should the military or a prison pay for that cosmetic surgery?

It has been rumored that Obama was gay and the first lady a transgender, could that have anything to do with this?

Could it have anything to do with taring a country apart with race, sexual identity and political “identity politics” , borders etc. have anything to do with it?

Do most Americans have a live and let live attitude? I believe they do, although that will never be shown on Social media or the news. They accept differences. They don’t accept being told they must pay for it, like it and embrace it or share a bathroom with them.
    Last edited by Savannah; 23rd January 2019 at 03:44.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (23rd January 2019), Charles Harris (25th January 2019), Deux Corbeaux (23rd January 2019)

5. Link to Post #144
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,211 times in 5,679 posts

issues of transgenderism and gender fluidity are very confusing to a great many people, myself included. it causes so much dissonance in me that i have the hardest time even beginning an inner dialogue on it...therefore my feelings are quite mixed.

something that has seemed so self evident for so long ( the idea that there are 2 sexes, and no difference between sex and gender) is being turned upside down, and those of us that haven't even begun to wrap our minds around notions of transgenderism and gender fluidity are now being aggressively asked to accept all sorts of very uncomfortable changes (like trans folks in the military). it's like a relatively small population of people has arrived and declared that the sky is not blue...and not only that, 2 + 2 does not equal 4, it equals 5. and they are demanding the great majority change their thinking and language to accommodate all this ..lest they be labelled bigots or "trans-phobic".

hey, wow, slow down.

caution isn't bigotry, nor is patience. you can't just arrive and obliterate societal norms and expect everyone to play ball. meaningful change is organic, and takes time - trans folks have to understand that. this is a relatively new phenomena, and not only do we not entirely understand it, we don't understand the endless ramifications on individuals, the family unit, social institutions, and so forth.

men are stronger and faster and inherently more violent than women. in general, we are physically superior. If my life is on the line in battle, I want a man next to me..and by that i mean a human being who was born with a penis and balls(this is obvious, but the current climate actually demands i clarify that..which is truly and utterly ridiculous imo). it may just be revealed years from now that transgenderism is a mental illness of some sort; at the moment we just don't know. and until we do, i would agree that trans people should not be allowed to serve in the military. i have enormous compassion for these people, and cannot even begin to imagine their inner struggle, but it won't allow me to just blindly accept things that seem at best quite vague to me, and at worse blatantly false
    Last edited by Mike; 23rd January 2019 at 04:58.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

BMJ (24th January 2019), ByTheNorthernSea (23rd January 2019), Chip (23rd January 2019), Deux Corbeaux (23rd January 2019), ErtheVessel (28th January 2019), justntime2learn (23rd January 2019), robinr1 (23rd January 2019)

7. Link to Post #145
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,971 times in 308 posts

He Used To Be Trans—Here’s What He Wants Everyone To Know

Published on Apr 4, 2019
    Walt Heyer is an author and public speaker who formerly identified and lived as transgender. He is the author of several books, and through his website, SexChangeRegret.com, Heyer raises public awareness about those who regret gender change and the tragic consequences suffered as a result. He shared his story and warned against implementing radical hormonal and surgical interventions for gender dysphoric children.
    Last edited by gnostic9; 26th April 2019 at 00:35.

8. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to gnostic9 For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (26th April 2019), Akasha (1st May 2019), anandacate (30th April 2019), Arcturian108 (30th April 2019), BMJ (3rd June 2019), Constance (26th April 2019), Denise/Dizi (27th April 2019), DNA (26th April 2019), drneglector (1st May 2019), Ivanhoe (27th April 2019), Matt P (26th April 2019), Mike (26th April 2019), OmeyocaN777 (26th April 2019), Pam (27th April 2019), raregem (26th April 2019), Sadieblue (26th April 2019), sunwings (26th April 2019), thepainterdoug (26th April 2019), waree (29th April 2019), Words of Joy (2nd May 2019)

9. Link to Post #146
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,067 times in 3,146 posts

I have yet to watch. but even before i do, what a difficult and distressing issue to deal with , before one can even get to ground level , and live life.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

BMJ (3rd June 2019), Constance (26th April 2019), Denise/Dizi (27th April 2019), Inaiá (2nd June 2019), johnf (1st May 2019), loungelizard (29th April 2019), Pam (27th April 2019), petra (26th April 2019), raregem (26th April 2019), sunwings (26th April 2019), Words of Joy (2nd May 2019)

11. Link to Post #147
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,327 times in 3,414 posts

Lightbulb Re: Transgender issues

I have never heard of Walt Heyer before and am not familiar with his story. If his transition from man to woman to man has led him to live a more authentic life, I am quite happy for him and applaud him for taking the path he has chosen.

However, I think he is greatly misrepresenting and distorting the experience that most transgender people go through. Mr. Heyer seems to feel that the decision to change his sex was forced upon him. His grandmother put him in a purple dress. He never got adequate psychological counseling. A doctor who could perform sex reassignment surgery talked him changing his sex. His story seems to be that he never asserted control of his life until he decided to transition back into being a man, and he doesn't seem to feel responsible for the decisions he made before the time and blames socially liberal society. I don't know all the specifics of his life so I am not going to judge him on this matter.

But what I can tell you is that his story is completely atypical of what most transgender people go through. Most of them have come to the conclusion on their own and at great odds to their families and with the values of the social environments they find themselves, that they are not comfortable with the gender they are born into. Many of them go through a great deal of depression, anxiety, suicidal feelings, social rejection feelings of shame, etc. because of their situation. Their journey into a different gender is hard and expensive, and the vast majority of them feel much happier once the transition has been made and once they people in their lives accept them, or if that does not happen, once they develop a new circle of friends. It is also a lot easier for them now that the world is little more aware, accepting and understanding on this issue.

Mr. Heyer's story is being promoted here by the Heritage Foundation, a neo-conservative organization with ties to big Tobacco, the Koch Brothers and other billionaire corporations. While their agenda is usually social conservatism and fiscal conservatism, they have always supported big pro-military spending and pro-war political candidates (just like neo-liberals). Frankly, I don't think their agenda is to stop people from transgendering, but rather, to be part of the noise and misinformation on this issue that has been getting too much attention.

The fact remains that transgenderism is not a major social phenomena and yet it is getting a great deal of attention from the media, usually pro-, but in this case clearly con-, which helps to drive more of the pro. How relevant is it, to most of our lives? Will this media dialogue really stop people from changing their gender who desperately want to, or will it cause people to transgender who really do want to? Will it really change anything if you expend a lot of your psychic energy on this issue?

Yet, most people will spend way to much time thinking about this issue, and their thoughts are not going to change anyone else's life. How about instead if we start thinking about whether or not we want 5G or GMO or massive rainforest deforestation or Monsanto products or forced vaccines in our lives? How about thinking about if we want a world with 700 over seas military bases and constant military interventions and regime change and nations turning into debt slavery states? How about turning our attention to something we can actually have an effect on and that is relevant to most of humanity?!?!?
    Last edited by Kryztian; 26th April 2019 at 15:36.

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bob (26th April 2019), Constance (27th April 2019), Denise/Dizi (27th April 2019), enfoldedblue (27th April 2019), Forest Denizen (27th April 2019), funkpunk46 (1st October 2020), johnf (1st May 2019), Kevan (26th April 2019), loungelizard (29th April 2019), OmeyocaN777 (26th April 2019), onawah (1st May 2019), Pam (27th April 2019), Valerie Villars (27th April 2019), what is a name? (2nd May 2019)

13. Link to Post #148
    Thanks

Here's a link to one of the best posts ever written on Avalon on the transgender phenomena. Thank you Sierra!

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1057904
    Last edited by Kryztian; 26th April 2019 at 15:31.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Constance (27th April 2019), Denise/Dizi (27th April 2019), johnf (1st May 2019), loungelizard (29th April 2019)

15. Link to Post #149
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

A question arises. Why does such a tiny segment of society, said to be .04%, gain so much political clout? I certainly have empathy for a person so confused. They have every right to their decisions and every right to be free of our judgement, but what authority is pushing so hard? And to what end or purpose? There are other groups of greater numbers more deserving of attention or help.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (26th April 2019), avid (26th April 2019), Constance (27th April 2019), Denise/Dizi (27th April 2019), Iancorgi (26th April 2019), johnf (1st May 2019), onawah (1st May 2019), Pam (27th April 2019), Tomkoyote (26th April 2019), XelNaga (3rd May 2019)

17. Link to Post #150
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    A question arises. Why does such a tiny segment of society, said to be .04%, gain so much political clout? I certainly have empathy for a person so confused. They have every right to their decisions and every right to be free of our judgement, but what authority is pushing so hard? And to what end or purpose? There are other groups of greater numbers more deserving of attention or help.
    Exactly my thought.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tomkoyote For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (26th April 2019), conk (26th April 2019), Constance (27th April 2019), Denise/Dizi (27th April 2019), johnf (1st May 2019), Pam (27th April 2019), ramus (26th April 2019)

19. Link to Post #151
    Thailand Avalon Member Iancorgi's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll take this opportunity for a shameless plug for one of my favorite Buddhist teacher (Brad Warner). He talks about his understanding of the significance of genders and transgender-ism in Zen Buddhism.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iancorgi For This Post:

johnf (1st May 2019), Pam (27th April 2019)

21. Link to Post #152
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Two words: social engineering. And it's very far advanced at this stage.

The modern origins of disrupting the natural balance between male and female energies in society goes back to Weimar Germany in the 1920s and 30s, and the Frankfurt School of social philosophy, which held that Western society needed to be deconstructed on every possible level in order for a Marxist revolution to take permanent hold: elimination of distinctions of race, gender, nationality, and everything else you can think of, so that the only thing left that could possibly be "unequal" would be economic classes, at which point they could make everyone equally poor as well. Then society would quite literally be a mass of powerless drones with virtually no sense of identity, and under the Kalergi Plan, these would become new serfs to a "master race."

This is all historically documented. All anyone has to do is research these terms: Institut für Sexualwissenschaft, Magnus Hirschfeld, the Frankfurt school, the Kalergi Plan. Those will uncover sufficient rabbit holes to begin understanding this.

Kalergi was also one of the founding fathers of the European Union.

22. Link to Post #153
    Thanks

A question arises. Why does such a tiny segment of society, said to be .04%, gain so much political clout?
    Is there a transgender hold on power? Do they really control politics, media, industry?

If the media has decided to portray changing ones gender as an acceptable option, is that because of only 0.04% of the population has power, or because a majority of people feel it is now an acceptable thing to do?

I certainly have empathy for a person so confused.
    Are transgender people confused? Many of them have been through a period of questioning who they are, but their decision to change gender usually brings them to a place of clarity and confidence, not confusion.

but what authority is pushing so hard? And to what end or purpose?
    Is there some conspiracy here I don't see? Is saying people who are transgender have just as much a right to public dignity a conspiracy? Isn't the conspiracy really, that they were forced to hide in shame and feel suicidal, and isn't that conspiracy now ending?

And why is it that this individual, Mr. Heyer, who was unhappy with his trans gender decision, who's cause is taken up by a creepy neo conservative organization, so significant to people on Avalon, as compared to the +99% of transgender people who feel their lives are happier after their transition?

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Constance (27th April 2019), Denise/Dizi (27th April 2019), Forest Denizen (27th April 2019), johnf (1st May 2019), loungelizard (29th April 2019), Uncle Danny (27th May 2021)

24. Link to Post #154
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    And why is it that this individual, Mr. Heyer, who was unhappy with his trans gender decision, who's cause is taken up by a creepy neo conservative organization, so significant to people on Avalon, as compared to the +99% of transgender people who feel their lives are happier after their transition?
    That's not true. Nearly half of transgenders try to commit suicide.

Quote Suicide attempts among trans men
    (46%) and trans women (42%) were
    slightly higher than the full sample (41%).
    Cross-dressers assigned male at birth
    have the lowest reported prevalence of
    suicide attempts among gender identity
    groups (21%).
    https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.e...port-Final.pdf

That's an enormous rate of suicide attempts, more than any other demographic group I know of, including historical black slaves in the US.

That's a very far cry from 99% + of them being happy, or even mentally healthy at all. They also have incredible rates of STD infection and lots of other issues to deal with. I could post the statistics on those too.

And the Heritage Foundation is simply conservative on most issues, particularly social issues. The Neo-conservatism only comes into play with Middle East policy, but they've even backed off of that since the Bush years. Heritage Foundation is a clean break from neo-conservatism on issues such as free trade, which they oppose. Neo-conservatives, by the way, are also much more friendly to promoting LGBT stuff than traditionalist Christian conservatives are.

25. Link to Post #155
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Go against nature, sooner or later you'll pay the price.
    Eat bad food, one day you'll pay the price.
    Kill all the bees, will come a day when we'll pay the price.
    Denature yourself, expect to pay the price one day.
    My opinion has no bearing, nature governs.

Have you ever seen a male dog or eagle or moose or bear turn into female? Have you ever seen any male animal sodomizing another male? Not convinced? Watch Planet Earth.
    Humans are the only species on earth that does that.

I read a few years ago an article by a medical researcher/doctor (can't remember the name) clearly stating that when a child is born, his/her gender is set. If later there is a tendency towards transgenderism or homosexuality it has been caused by the child's environment and can be corrected because it is very correctable.
    What does the current system do.... protects, maintains and encourages abnormalities.
    Not negligible sums of money are spent each year to protect and encourage homosexuality and gender bending; You want to change sex and have a breast implant, no problem they have funds for that. I need a surgery for my failing spleen, I have to pay full price for the operation. Does that make sense???
    Large amounts of money are spent every year to decorate the downtown streets for the gay parade. Go any day to the emergency at the downtown hospital, always packed, many of them with serious condition waiting hours to be seen because not enough doctors. The walls are covered with ads and posters begging for funds and donations. There are funds for the gay parade but not for people's health. Does this make sense?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tomkoyote For This Post:

bojancan (1st May 2019), johnf (1st May 2019), XelNaga (3rd May 2019)

27. Link to Post #156
    Thanks

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    Firstly, the figure is 41%. And that number has been dissected, analyzed and critiqued by many studies.

Secondly, being "happier" does not mean ones is less prone to suicide. There are high rates among teens and pre-operational trans gender persons too, and this study does not compare.

If you look at the actual report, it lays out all the factors that make trans people high risks for suicide: bullying, rape and sexual brutality, un-employment, homelessness, that later two being heavily driven by the fact of employment discrimination.

That's a very far cry from 99% + of them being happy
    That's a misquote, I said happier, as in less unhappy. What I should have originally stated to be more clear is "the 99% who never regret their choice to change genders, despite all the pain and suffering their society has inflicted upon them."

The fact that gays and lesbians have a much higher rate of suicide is not a function of their being gay, it is because of the rejection and cruelty that a homophobic society is pushing on them. It is clearly the same here.

While I am not a fan of main stream media, it seems they are a lot more enlightened that what we have here on Project Avalon, which is a group of people clinging to bad information so unrepresentative of the transgender community so that they can help perpetuate a dark belief system that fosters the misery and violence committed against trans people. Put more bluntly, I am calling out all you transphobic people as accessories to rape and murder (by fostering the shaming and degradation of trans people that leads to their suicide.)

And the Heritage Foundation is simply conservative on most issues, particularly social issues.
    Yes, the talk the social conservative talk but walk the neoconservative walk. They get fundamentalist Christians engaged in politics so they vote for neocons.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (27th April 2019), johnf (1st May 2019), Uncle Danny (27th May 2021)

29. Link to Post #157
    Thanks

Firstly, the figure is 41%. And that number has been dissected, analyzed and critiqued by many studies.
    Anyone can criticize anything, but I linked to a UCLA study (an infamously leftist university, so they are effectively reporting against their own interests) which builds on the work of a dozen other studies, with over 6,000 survey respondents (the largest transgender survey ever conducted, if you read the paper). And you linked to a 4th-wave feminist activist blog. The quality of information here is not exactly equal.

Quote Secondly, being "happier" does not mean ones is less prone to suicide. There are high rates among teens and pre-operational trans gender persons too, and this study does not compare.
    You should be comparing to rates of normal, psychologically-healthy people, or at least the national average of 4.6% that I cited above.

Quote If you look at the actual report, it lays out all the factors that make trans people high risks for suicide: bullying, rape and sexual brutality, un-employment, homelessness, that later two being heavily driven by the fact of employment discrimination.
    Normal people deal with all of those things too and still don't attempt suicide at a nearly 50% rate.

Let's be very frank about this. In the case of men, we are talking about men who have their penis and testicles surgically removed, an artificial wound opened up between their legs, and then they have to constantly "dilate" this wound with objects and various chemicals to prevent it from naturally trying to heal itself.

And as this wound tries to heal, it gets crusty, producing pus, often gets infected, smells as abominable as you can imagine, and this is what gynecologists themselves are reporting about these "vaginas."

If you are a man who thinks you want to be a woman, and you receive that as a "vagina," which no straight man is ever going to mistake for a real vagina, not to mention the facial structure and anatomy in general is never going to make you look like a real woman, how satisfied do you think these people could possibly be with themselves? The whole thing is absolutely nuts.

Quote While I am not a fan of main stream media, it seems they are a lot more enlightened that what we have here on Project Avalon, which is a group of people clinging to bad information so unrepresentative of the transgender community so that they can help perpetuate a dark belief system that fosters the misery and violence committed against trans people.
    What you are in effect promoting and telling people is okay to do is hardly a sign of enlightenment from anything that I can see. I wish you would do some Internet searches and look at what these people are actually doing to their bodies, or read what gynecologists are saying about these "vaginas" that are constantly trying to heal, and end up becoming infected and essentially rotting from the inside out. The idea that anyone is going to be happy with that between their legs is crazy to me. It will never be a real vagina, and they will never look like a real woman. They are lying to themselves to think so, and everyone else in society who goes along with the delusion is just causing them additional damage when they clearly need psychological help.

Quote Put more bluntly, I am calling out all you transphobic people as accessories to rape and murder (by fostering the shaming and degradation of trans people that leads to their suicide.)
    No straight person I've ever known has ever had any inclination whatsoever to rape a transgendered person, nor murder them, so, outside of modern university programming, I don't know where you could be getting these ideas.

But, on the other hand, by not getting these people proper psychological help, you are not doing anything to reduce the tremendous numbers of suicides these people are constantly attempting. And suicide will kill them. The way to help these people is to stop pretending that men can actually transform into biological women and vice-versa.

30. Link to Post #158
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Transgender issues are being promoted heavily simply for social engineering purposes as someone already pointed out. While there are genuine cases of transgenderism, most of what we see today is manufactured for the purpose of redirecting the conversation with a hidden agenda. The most horrible idea with all this is allowing and promoting children to be transgender kids. We must not allow such gross human abuse to be entertained at any level.

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bones For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (27th April 2019), bojancan (1st May 2019), conk (29th April 2019), Iancorgi (27th April 2019), johnf (1st May 2019), Pam (30th April 2019), Tomkoyote (27th April 2019), XelNaga (3rd May 2019)

32. Link to Post #159
    Thanks

Anyone can criticize anything, but I linked to a UCLA study (an infamously leftist university, so they are effectively reporting against their own interests) which builds on the work of a dozen other studies, with over 6,000 survey respondents (the largest transgender survey ever conducted, if you read the paper). And you linked to a 4th-wave feminist activist blog.
    So "leftist" institutions trump "feminists activist" ones? This is an interesting take on the appeal to authority argument. It sounds like any institution which rethinks the roles of women or trans people must be suspiciously left and feminist where you are from. Actually, since these are statistical studies, and the arguments are about numbers, data and methodology, which involved reading them, but I won't bother you with those details when you are so busy fantasizing about the details of transgender genetalia.

You should be comparing to rates of normal, psychologically-healthy people, or at least the national average of 4.6% that I cited above.
    People who commit suicide are, by definition, not part of any statistic of "normal, psychologically-healthy people". That statement really wins the perverse logic award.

Normal people deal with all of those things too and still don't attempt suicide
    WTF are "normal people"??? This is not a term people used in the social sciences that has any meaning. This is a term used in barbaric societies to separate the "normal people" from the "weirdos" and the "queers" before they throw stones or tie them to the back of a pickup truck.

Let's be very frank about this. In the case of men, we are talking about men who have their penis .....
    Thanks for all the details, but they are unimportant to me and frankly unnecessary to reprint all three paragraphs that you recount so vividly. The fact is that people who undergo these operations all know what completely what they are going through in detail and have this explained by medical people and with their therapist. This is their choice. This is not a cause of suicide except in hate-filled cesspool of your imagination.

What you are in effect promoting and telling people is okay to do
    I'm promoting? I'm telling people to become transgender? Again, this is your imagination speaking. I've never done such a thing, nor am I about blocking people's choices or trying to distort who people are or used lies and distortions to encourage violence and degradation against them, as you do.

No straight person I've ever known has ever had any inclination whatsoever to rape a transgendered person,
    Really, the reality you paint sounds like something right out of the movie "Deliverance". If the movie ever gets remade, you might want to copyright your "rotting vagina monologue". I could just see a scene with dueling banjos playing in the background as someone lasciviously proclaims your detailed account of genitalia and the good ole boys get a twinkle in their as they think about raping "trannies."

I'm sure this would get a good rise from your "straight" friends back in your "normal" world.

But, on the other hand, by not getting these people proper psychological help
    Again, your imagination has taken you to a place 100% at odds with reality. More and more, modern psychologist, social workers and other therapist consult with people considering this surgery and help them carry through their decision.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (27th April 2019), Inaiá (2nd June 2019), johnf (1st May 2019), loungelizard (29th April 2019), Uncle Danny (27th May 2021)

34. Link to Post #160
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Hi there everyone

There are some very great sensitivities here for those who are transgender - and this is very much a public thread - so if I can please please ask everyone who is participating in this thread to be mindful that this is the case and to be respectful towards one another.
    Try to imagine that you are in the room with the person you are dialoguing with if you are having a hard time.

Maybe step back and take some time to breathe and reflect if you need to.

As PainterDoug said
    Quote ...What a difficult and distressing issue to deal with , before one can even get to ground level , and live life...
    Last edited by Constance; 27th April 2019 at 01:08.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (27th April 2019), Denise/Dizi (27th April 2019), Forest Denizen (27th April 2019), Iancorgi (27th April 2019), johnf (1st May 2019), loungelizard (29th April 2019), Mike (27th April 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 1 8 18 34 LastLast