1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Default Re: SuperBowl Predictions

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    In short...yes, I sold out to the illuminatti, but I did it in style. Plus I just bought an obnoxiously large flatscreen tv, and I wanted to show it off. Wait, it gets worse - I sort of enjoyed Timberlake's halftime performance.

Dennis I'm sorry LOL. Are we still friends?
    Of course, Mike! Hey, you've got to occasionally hang up the cape and party like you're living on the coolest planet within 4.4 light-years! Seriously, battling the nefarious megalomaniacal psychopaths (even if only in our heads) is exhausting work. :~)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

jagman (7th February 2018), justntime2learn (7th February 2018), Mike (5th February 2018), O Donna (7th February 2018)

3. Link to Post #42
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

The Richie Allen Show

Jordan Maxwell | "Occult Symbolism Was Everywhere At Super Bowl LII & Was Seen By A Billion People."

Published 6th February 2018

Jordan shares his commentary on this years "big game"

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

gnostic9 (6th February 2018), jagman (7th February 2018), O Donna (7th February 2018)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

I had to laugh, guys can be so unforgiving when someones sport prediction is wrong.

What is the saying? Live by the sword, die by the sword.
    Knock Knock

6. The Following User Says Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

jagman (7th February 2018)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,253 times in 1,895 posts

Ok, let me start off by saying i have not read anyones posts on my thread since my last post.(before the game.) I just flat out got it wrong. I think i understand why....but I not real sure? I have given some thought and my best answer is ( Im dealing with very complex Number system that i dont fully comprehend. Things have always came to me easily. If i couldn't figure something out, I would work at it until i did. The reason i wanted to build an algorithm is the amount of computations that i have to make for a single game. Each person on a football team have 6 different numbers that basically make up who they are. 52 players on a NFL Roster. Probably about 20 coaches, 7 to 10 Refs. Plus players must be matched they way they are in a game.offensive linemen numbers must be matched against their defensive Counterparts. Corner. Backs must be matched against recievers, So on and so forth. Also the world number must be factored in. Alot of inputs. Ive been reading alot about. Algorithms and i think i can build one around Pythagorean Numerology Incorporate football and baseball, hockey, the Olympics etc. I also think it would be very accurate. Again im sorry!
    Last edited by jagman; 7th February 2018 at 09:24.

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 491 posts

Quote Posted by jagman (here)
    Ok, let me start off by saying i have not read anyones posts on my thread since my last post.(before the game.) I just flat out got it wrong. I think i understand why....but I not real sure? I have given some thought and my best answer is ( Im dealing with very complex Number system that i dont fully comprehend. Things have always came to me easily. If i couldn't figure something out, I would work at it until i did. The reason i wanted to build an algorithm is the amount of computations that i have to make for a single game. Each person on a football team have 6 different numbers that basically make up who they are. 52 players on a NFL Roster. Probably about 20 coaches, 7 to 10 Refs. Plus players must be matched they way they are in a game.offensive linemen numbers must be matched against their defensive Counterparts. Corner. Backs must be matched against recievers, So on and so forth. Also the world number must be factored in. Alot of inputs. Ive been reading alot about. Algorithms and i think i can build one around Pythagorean Numerology Incorporate football and baseball, hockey, the Olympics etc. I also think it would be very accurate. Again im sorry!
    Jagman, maybe you could really refine your algorithm with all the competitions that will take place during the Winter Olympics?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kano For This Post:

10. Link to Post #46
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,508 times in 4,311 posts

Keep at it Jagman. I've never been all that convinced by numerology as a science - at least an exact science. We do see how the dark side like to worship symbolism and the magic of numbers, but for me, I think it's all an illusion. It doesn't stack up to much.

I'm not sure any algorithm will work in sports without that magic formula, the X-Factor that's missing: consciousness, in other words will, and individual resolve.

Science may endeavour to predict human behaviour in large scale systems, but even that isn't full proof. The mystical arts, clairvoyance, palmistry or whatever, can also make predictions. But it only follows the patterns and trajectories of a potential. It cannot and does not cover free will. And that is really what it all comes down to.

The numbers may paint a blueprint of our reality, but ultimately WE create them.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

Ok, let me start off by saying i have not read anyones posts on my thread since my last post
    Well, maybe you should!

I wonder if you can use your algorithm to predict how many replies you'd get, and how many of those would be skeptical of the process.

If you got that right, then we'd close the whole forum as a waste of time, as clearly no humans would have any kind of free will worth the name.

I'll stop making jokes and make a serious comment. We once had a member who started a thread to post his pendulum analysis of how truthful Camelot witnesses were.

No attempt at logic or deploying any intelligence... just magical-thinking woo-woo that had zero correlation with reality. I closed his account... partly because he was utterly arrogant about it all, and simply insisted he was right.

Can't you see that this does NOT empower anyone at all in any way? (And try selling this stuff to a 300 lb linebacker, by the way. I'd like to see that happen. )
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 7th February 2018 at 15:38.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

jagman (7th February 2018), justntime2learn (7th February 2018), Kate (9th February 2018), O Donna (7th February 2018)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

Bill, i will read everyones posts. Bill, Your also right that man has free Will ! And there are some varibles that can't be assigned a number! There are so many factors to take into account when it comes to predicting, but i never have looked at it has using magic, or has a profit making scheme. To me it has always came down to 1s & 0s... Things are also never just black & white. In one of my earlier posts i talked about things have always came easy to me and for the most part thats true but in a way thats made me lazy! So if i do build a algorithm i would never guarantee the results or solicit anyone here! I have to much respect for PA and you personally Bill! For gosh sake my name is not Louis Turi lol
    Last edited by jagman; 7th February 2018 at 17:36.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th February 2018), Bluegreen (7th February 2018), O Donna (7th February 2018)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

For gosh sake my name is not Louis Turi lol
    I'm very glad about that !!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

jagman (7th February 2018), Star Tsar (7th February 2018)

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

One need not throw the baby out with the bath water just because of failure or misunderstanding. If that was the case, human endeavor would have never gotten off the ground.

Nothing wrong with a little ribbing to make any process fun though.
    Knock Knock

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

jagman (8th February 2018), justntime2learn (8th February 2018)

20. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Thats right oDonna. Luckily i do have the ability to laugh at myself. Believe me i do honestly think i could build this algorithm but im pretty sure from what ive been reading you have to be able to write code. At this point i can't. But i am studying.after what i call the skeleton is built.apply all known inputs...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jagman For This Post:

justntime2learn (8th February 2018)

22. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Oh and on the inputs measure twice cut once
    The carpenters here at PA will understand. Lol

23. Link to Post #53
    Argentina Avalon Member Hazelfern's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,496 times in 348 posts

Underdogs. It was simply Philly's time to shine.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazelfern For This Post:

jagman (10th February 2018)

25. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member thalox's Avatar
    Thanks

now this this has passed, have you done an numerology with the final results and dates or any thing like that?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to thalox For This Post:

jagman (14th February 2018)

27. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

No i haven't. Especially in team sports, it is quite time consuming. Single sport competitions are much easier. Like boxing, wrestling, mma etc. That's the reason why i wanted to build a algorithm. But like Bill said earlier in the thread what's the point. Does this advance the human condition? I don't think so. I could make alot of money but that could upset the wrong ppl. I already have fanduel and they almost refused to pay me until i threatened a lawsuit. One thing i know you don't want to pissoff the bookies or the mob!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3