+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Art of Now - How Choosing to Live In The Moment Can Change Your Life

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Default The Art of Now - How Choosing to Live In The Moment Can Change Your Life

I found this article a few days ago on Psychology Today when I was looking up "living in the now" on Google. The reason I looked that up is because those words were at the front of my mind when I woke, and upon finding this article, it feels very serendipitous.

Throughout reading this article, I had to keep pausing in awe! There's quite a few references to Buddhism too.

The article is titled "The Art of Now: Six Steps to Living in the Moment".

It starts out with someone finding a telephone to God in the middle of the desert, so it captured my attention right away. What a cute idea!

Here is a part I found especially insightful;

Quote In her memoir Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert writes about a friend who, whenever she sees a beautiful place, exclaims in a near panic, "It's so beautiful here! I want to come back here someday!" "It takes all my persuasive powers," writes Gilbert, "to try to convince her that she is already here."
    Living in the Moment is clearly the answer I was looking for. I thank God for helping me find it, but truth be told, I might have helped a little bit ;-)

Here is a little cartoon that the article pointed me to as well, which pretty much sums it up.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

GMB1961 (6th February 2018), kfm27917 (5th November 2019), Leonard (29th March 2018), Mercedes (5th February 2018), Michelle Marie (5th February 2018), Mike (5th February 2018), ramus (5th February 2018), Valerie Villars (5th February 2018), Vernaianawa (6th February 2018)

+ Reply to Thread