+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Taurine for Macular Degeneration, Enlarged Heart (Heart Failure), Gallstones?

1. Link to Post #61
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,782 times in 2,666 posts

Default Re: Taurine for Macular Degeneration, Enlarged Heart (Heart Failure), Gallstones?

I have used milk thistle daily for years, amazing stuff, if out to a party, come home and take a capsule with loads of water before bed, however, don’t go to parties any more as this location is a wee village who twitch curtains and deffo no parties! Thank goodness, everyone here walks dogs, gardens, and pretends to do really healthy things....
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Bob (22nd February 2018), Flash (22nd February 2018)

3. Link to Post #62
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Default Re: Taurine for Macular Degeneration, Enlarged Heart (Heart Failure), Gallstones?

Here is an article about "bloat" - and the use of TAURINE to deal with it, positively..

4. Link to Post #63
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I can do a touch base update on Taurine supplementation from about 7th February to now 10th March.

Amazing stuff, not exactly what I would have thought based on just reading reports, so finding out first hand seems very appropriate for me - verify, check, cross-check...

First thing, the nerves become MORE sensitive, muscles become MORE sensitive to lower level triggers to "respond" to the will/mind.

Next aromas become more perceivable, nerves which weren't working up to PAR become more sensitive.

Memory becomes more acute, ability to remember NAMES for me has improved (I am terrible with trying to remember names, there is no connection to the face/memory/name or it fades rapidly..)

Ability to recall details from breakfast days ago has improved..

And some of the more odd reports - - I am able to feel the intestinal "full-ness" sensation where those nerves in the past may have been deadened, or ignored. I can feel when I have food/nutrients inside, and that indeed feels like FULLNESS.. After a while that passed when I fully recognized my "fullness" was INDEED that, fullness from having consumed food/liquids/nutrients.. My nerves could again respond and my nervous system sent the "fullness" response to the mind.. Interesting sensation.

I found improvement in balance and ability to have more dexterity.. I could find my fingers able to do subtle tasks again, such as writing better by pencil or pen. The scribble became more clear as I could direct the muscles to write what I was visualizing...

The hearing has been interesting - it's been a see-saw action.. The damage from the tinnitus was a defeat and reset of the normal "THRESHOLD" for nerve firing... Normally after a time, the body tends to mask out or create an "ignore" setting, like ignore any type of stimulus. I assume that is to prevent the brain from getting overwhelmed from a MASSIVE amount of stimulus..

So during an incident where the thresholds are overwhelmed (sharp explosion sound or loud continuous "Rock" music) there is a "rewiring" of the brain/sensory stimulus perceptor.. With the Taurine, the nerves start to become healed, blood flow increases, and MORE sensory data is sent to the brain.. The brain responds "TINNITUS" and the whistle/ringing appears quite loudly.. The brain then starts to RESET the thresholds, the TINNITUS drops.. The tissues heal more, the BRAIN responds - TINNITUS, the thresholds need to get RESET once again.. And that see-saw then continues until enough healing has happened.. So it takes time to do a full reset of the nerves associated in the face, jaw, the inner ear.

So the observation, INCREASED ability to differentiate subtle aromas - fantastic improvement.. I would assume smokers would be able to with sufficient taurine triggered rebuilding be able to regain a proper sense of detailed aroma sensing ability. (They may be able to tell how badly they offend non-smokers... hmmmm)...

Ability to determine subtle COLOR differences - life around one may seem MORE VIBRANT..

Depression and Anxiety drops as one is able to pick back up the beauty of life around one, by DETERMINING the fantastic DETAILS, the UNIQUENESSES of each and every thing, and of course the mutual shared traits.. WELLNESS feelings and finding the GOOD around one becomes more obvious and it becomes easier to SEE and recognize STUPID. (Of course it's a judgement call, what is wrong with being able to recognize and no longer keep doing stupid ??)

LESS EYE MUSCLE strain and fatigue..

What I haven't noticed is an improvement in dark vision/light vision recovery... However after being in dark for 4 hours the ability to see the slightest light has improved.

Interesting stuff..
    Last edited by Bob; 10th March 2018 at 23:06. Reason: typos

5. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,706 times in 8,941 posts

Science explaining why Taurine is deficient in our organisms as well as melanonie, thyroid, autism, adhd, etc thanks to glycophase (roundup) - Bob, you will easily understand I think the scientific jargon

this is taken from this thread https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1213511

https://media.sott.net/srn/20180309h...nie-seneff.mp3

an easier to understand video

How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

avid (11th March 2018), Bob (11th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #65
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Heard from two associates who have had periods of anxiety and depression.. requiring medication for 'treatment'..

Taurine shortage I believe is strongly associated with many maladies of the nervous system and body/mind. Heart, brain, eyes.. major organs and so forth..

A deficiency seems to over time with the depression situation, make things seem 'overwhelmingly hopeless'..

(And it has been pointed out fluoride ingestion depletes the stores of taurine, and/or depletes it as soon as it's generated (in very small amounts) naturally in the human body.)

Upon first trying the taurine with one associate, the ability to no longer be depressed was noted, one 500 milligram capsule in the morning and one at night.. Upon stopping the taurine the depression returned, upon restarting it the depression ceased and hopeful-ness was restored.

The other associated noted on the very first time having clarity in dreams again, and an active libido kicked in. Hearing a lot more optimism in conversations with them.

Another associate noted ability to run many virtually simultaneous scenarios rapidly and visualize outcomes, with clarity.. The optimism wave was not so present with them.

Sensations of "fullness" pretty much have subsided for me now since the start of this thread where it was first noted by myself and a few others.. Again, what I am noticing is the nerves associated with the abdomen appear to be functioning now up to par, and the brain's threshold response has been recalibrated. I am able to note when I am hungry now I really am hungry, and it's a bit more difficult to just "ignore it".. I think that's a good thing actually, ability to recognize better what is happening with the body, and able to read the signals from the nerves much more reliably.

That's my update.
    Last edited by Bob; 25th March 2018 at 18:42.

8. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

I woke up this morning in good shape and mood. Despite the fact that I was feeling sluggish last week and have stopped for a while taking multi-vitamins to give a break to the body and I forgot my 5htp yesterday that has been helping me with low mood for a long time, which usually would start making me "sad and cry baby".

Then I realized, yes, i added up Taurine 500 mg to my diet 2 days ago.

I truly feel good. I hope my memory will improve too, I have good loss of short term memory over the last year and it worries me.

I wonder if I should stop the 5 htp once my body is working better with Taurine.

So, Taurine works.

I just wonder how long I should be taking it.
    Last edited by Flash; 4th April 2018 at 19:25.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

avid (5th April 2018), Bob (5th April 2018)

10. Link to Post #67
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

The question probably would be Flash, what is the level of toxicity that one has to process as Taurine is a necessity, to help the body deal with toxins. Foods are broken down and Taurine helps the liver cells deal with oxidative stress. To help heart health, Taurine acts as a lipid/membrane stabilizer in the body, blood vessels benefit. Nerve cells are assaulted with toxins, and those need to be cleared so that proper nerve functioning happens, Taurine helps with that...

Seems like its one of those essential amino acids that without it in sufficient quantities, the body will pull from any stores, such as the eyes and heart.. without sufficient levels then those organs start to fail.. Seems to me, Taurine is something we shouldn't stop..

I've watched folks now since we've started this thread, up their dose from one 500 milligram capsule to two during the day, being at morning and night, where they are saying the benefits for overall happiness (total sum of experience in one word) have increased dramatically.. No doubt we could conjecture a better functioning body organ system, muscle system, nervous system, better eye function all seem to be part of "happiness"..

For me my toxicity level is only requiring me to supplement with one 500 milligram. I watch my diet pretty close, and the twinkie level ingestion is carefully monitored..

11. Link to Post #68
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

On the use of 5 HtP

How does it work?

5-HTP works in the brain and central nervous system by increasing the production of the chemical serotonin.

Serotonin can affect sleep, appetite, temperature, sexual behavior, and pain sensation.

Since 5-HTP increases the synthesis of serotonin, it is used for several diseases where serotonin is believed to play an important role including depression, insomnia, obesity, and many other conditions.

Serotonin is a "feel good" substance which connects to certain brain receptors.. When the connection happens (like a key into a lock), the brain modifies electrically, as in sensation similar to orgasm.

Like certain activity will trigger serotonin production, like eating. (Feel good after eating, like a type of reward mechanism). Surviving something that triggers Adrenalin can evoke a serotonin release (oh my gawd I didn't get eaten by that lion which was chasing me, early primate activity).

If the nerves are not functioning optimum depleted from let's say toxin exposure (fluoride), possibly one takes 5-HtP, like a high octane fuel additive... to feel good, and if Taurine can get the nerves to function better so that one's given serotonin level is "adequate", then potentially 5-HtP would not be needed.. Taurine for the natural repair and functioning, no added serotonin booster needed..

Like any potent neural activity modifying drug, going "cold turkey" (stopping abruptly), is probably not a good idea, but to very slowly taper off, and watch one's reaction for anything adverse. Adverse could be "not feeling good", not feeling "happy", not feeling "hopeful", not feeling like one has had a good meal, anxiety or "panic attack"..

5-HTP has the potential to over-stimulate serotonin activity..

This leads me to believe if one is using a serotonin response modifying drug, one should note any hyper-serotonin behaviour.

Such drugs that modify serotonin response are (this list is NOT all inclusive):
    • Celexa and Zoloft
    • Effexor
    • nortriptyline and amitriptyline
    • Nardil and Marplan

Excessive amounts of those drugs can trigger serotonin syndrome.

The feel-good-high that kids try to get from cough syrups, such as Robitussin DM can trigger serotonin syndrome. Going for the high can be deadly, when kids think 'they can take it'.. At the outset possibly 'it' feels good, however the side effects will include, rapid heartbeat, seizures, coma. The culprit is Dextromethorphan in the cough syrup. Don't do that stuff in excess. Increasing dosage to get past the "it doesn't work any more" reaction only leads to more deadly burnout.. Just don't do it.
    Last edited by Bob; 5th April 2018 at 15:01.

12. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

This is miraculous, gosh I feel good.

Thanks Bob, and yes I will tapper off 5 HTP slowly, very slowly. For addictive drugs (which anti depressors are) or mood enhancers, I always gave myself a 6 month to one year, I did it for anti depressors after the divorce, it took one year for a 3 years antidepressor intake. I had to take something few years ago when my daughter was going nut, and me too (the Simon Parkes time) and I started serotonine for her and I.

Earlier on, when she was a child, my daughter blood tests were showing a depletion of serotonine precursors and I had been told that she may need supplements lifelong. Do you think that it may have been due to Taurine depletion and making up with Taurine she could also give up 5 HTP??

Many thanks

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    On the use of 5 HtP

How does it work?

5-HTP works in the brain and central nervous system by increasing the production of the chemical serotonin.

Serotonin can affect sleep, appetite, temperature, sexual behavior, and pain sensation.

Since 5-HTP increases the synthesis of serotonin, it is used for several diseases where serotonin is believed to play an important role including depression, insomnia, obesity, and many other conditions.

Serotonin is a "feel good" substance which connects to certain brain receptors.. When the connection happens (like a key into a lock), the brain modifies electrically, as in sensation similar to orgasm.

Like certain activity will trigger serotonin production, like eating. (Feel good after eating, like a type of reward mechanism). Surviving something that triggers Adrenalin can evoke a serotonin release (oh my gawd I didn't get eaten by that lion which was chasing me, early primate activity).

If the nerves are not functioning optimum depleted from let's say toxin exposure (fluoride), possibly one takes 5-HtP, like a high octane fuel additive... to feel good, and if Taurine can get the nerves to function better so that one's given serotonin level is "adequate", then potentially 5-HtP would not be needed.. Taurine for the natural repair and functioning, no added serotonin booster needed..

Like any potent neural activity modifying drug, going "cold turkey" (stopping abruptly), is probably not a good idea, but to very slowly taper off, and watch one's reaction for anything adverse. Adverse could be "not feeling good", not feeling "happy", not feeling "hopeful", not feeling like one has had a good meal, anxiety or "panic attack"..

5-HTP has the potential to over-stimulate serotonin activity..

This leads me to believe if one is using a serotonin response modifying drug, one should note any hyper-serotonin behaviour.

Such drugs that modify serotonin response are (this list is NOT all inclusive):
    • Celexa and Zoloft
    • Effexor
    • nortriptyline and amitriptyline
    • Nardil and Marplan

Excessive amounts of those drugs can trigger serotonin syndrome.

The feel-good-high that kids try to get from cough syrups, such as Robitussin DM can trigger serotonin syndrome. Going for the high can be deadly, when kids think 'they can take it'.. At the outset possibly 'it' feels good, however the side effects will include, rapid heartbeat, seizures, coma. The culprit is Dextromethorphan in the cough syrup. Don't do that stuff in excess. Increasing dosage to get past the "it doesn't work any more" reaction only leads to more deadly burnout.. Just don't do it.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

avid (5th April 2018), Bob (5th April 2018)

14. Link to Post #70
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Gave it a break due to severe bloating, so will reintroduce slowly.
    The bloating is such a put-off, but will try to persevere as mental state much brighter. There will be an equilibrium at some point, hopefully.
    Also, trying to introduce ox-bile capsules to make up for gall bladder loss. Feeling tentative, hopefully the source of this supposedly good product has no ‘mad cow’ links!
    Taking all these with new components is a difficult transition, milk thistle, D3 5kiu, thiamin, Vit C slow release, curcumin already in the mix...
    Feeling tired, but motivated, try to keep testing IQ via daily challenges. This is an expensive business, hopefully not being ‘ripped off’.
    However, love the feedback from the ‘long-suffererers’! Stoically onward then ...
    Last edited by avid; 6th April 2018 at 10:26.
    and er..

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Bob (5th April 2018), Flash (5th April 2018)

16. Link to Post #71
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hia Flash - well if the nerves are getting toxic'd out due to like fluoride and so forth, or other toxins we are exposed to, possibly taurine would be more useful than 5-HTP.. Anything which messes with dopamine, gaba, serotonin or norepinephrine in the body just worries me.. So a nutrient to me would be a better way, or if a certain enzyme is missing or a probiotic to go that way instead of a substance that augments brain receptor activity..

17. Link to Post #72
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hia Avid - I wonder if a small amount of B6 is needed? There is that article above in post 62 where they talk about taurine plus vitamin B6 to deal with the bloating feelings.. Maybe finding if the curcumin is part of the immune system flooding (bloating sensation). I really dropped my curcumin intake btw, and haven't noticed any bloat.

18. Link to Post #73
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Not giving up curcumin yet, but will try to persevere with daily taurine, ox-bile will be introduced next week (total dread). I already take vitamin B complex, which includes B6.
    Last edited by avid; 6th April 2018 at 05:11.
    and er..

19. The Following User Says Thank You to avid For This Post:

Bob (6th April 2018)

20. Link to Post #74
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

for those who missed it..
    Last edited by Bob; 30th October 2018 at 05:00.

21. Link to Post #75
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I kinda had a bit of a miracle this evening..

I stopped using the taurine for about a month to see what happens..

I have been having a bit of a wisdom tooth problem, with a point of the tooth (a very sharp point), poking thru the gumline.. Remember what teething feels like?

Well I decided to take some time release B vitamins yesterday and today, and this morning added 1 of the 500 milligram taurine caps.

This evening, the "point" fell off the wisdom tooth, and underneath it, the gum had completely healed over where the point was.. In other words, tissue regeneration happened..

I consider that pretty amazing.. I hope Foxie decides to give taurine a try.. If it can help heal tissue that fast with some co-enzyme B vitamins (bio-available) and taurine.. gee that would be pretty amazing.. I know my gum feels better.. the healing over the "hole" was spectacular..

---- PS----

A friend of mine walks about 5-7 miles a day. He has had major heart surgery for tachycardia, and he has been using taurine ever since I started this thread. He's lost fat, is strong and has a normal heart rate again, and his stamina is fantastic He says what happens is he doesn't supplement while walking with extra water (interesting), and he eats normally.. (a good protein carb diet).. And he says 7 miles a day feels great.. He said today he decided to stress it a bit by taking a route which went up and down some severe slopes.. And no problems.. I call that pretty impressive.. His response, BOB I LOVE TAURINE it is quite a miracle substance... (I agree'd with him)
    Last edited by Bob; 31st October 2018 at 03:07.

22. Link to Post #76
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,437 times in 8,340 posts

Looking 4 Healing Radio - One daily supplement extends your life by 10-12%, or an extra 8-10 years
    57 minutes - Posted Apr 17, 2024

SHOW NOTES
    Looking 4 Healing Radio with Dr. Bryan Ardis – Some of the benefits you are going to learn about have proven to help prevent reverse Neurodegenerative diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. To improve cardiovascular disease, reversing a weak heart's ability to pump blood even enhanced. Something called the ejection fraction, which is how much blood is pumped by the heart to the rest of the body, just supplementing taurine for a few months...
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Harmony (Today), Sue (Ayt) (Today)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4