+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Amazon develops new technology to detect workers slacking off

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Default Re: Amazon develops new technology to detect workers slacking off

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)
    Amazon is a fu*ked up company, let's face it. So why do I keep buying there? 'Cause it's easy and comes right to my door. Jeez, I sound like a bloody sheep.

Do we really need to feed this guy more money? So he can treat his employees like s**t? In Ohio (?) a large chunk of his employees need to collect food stamps. And he's got more money than any one - - any many thousands of ones - could ever spend in a thousand years.

Why do we work for companies like these? You know, the worst thing that happened to us in the country was the destruction of the union movement. From inside and outside. Unions did so much good for workers in this country. Without them we might still have 14 hour days and child laborers. Why do you think it's called Union Square in NY?

We need to get together again.
    It's turning into another Google monster... a monopoly in many ways... but you are right... he is providing a service like no one else has ever achieved (look what happened to Sears... I saw that coming, even predicted it based on my own customer experience...) in any event... he knows he is ahead of the competition in the internet technology sector and it looks he intends to keep it that way... and why he is exploiting it to the max... especially with Alibaba gearing up... sometime in the future they will be breathing down his neck (which will be good for competition!)
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

BMJ (13th February 2018), Foxie Loxie (12th February 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2