+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Common Cold as Nature's natural detox?

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member Bassplayer1's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,046 times in 264 posts

Default The Common Cold as Nature's natural detox?

Hello everyone,

I recently switched to a vegan diet with no looking back - its one of the best things I've ever done!

Anyway, despite already feeling wonderful, I'm going to contradict myself here by saying that I haven't had a cold for just over six years - until a few days ago!

There's certainly no danger of me having not been eating properly or enough lol! I've been really enjoying learning and cooking tasty, comfort food from scratch and I don't feel run down or anything.

Do some of you think that we can catch colds for a variety of reasons including it being a convenient way for the body to eliminate toxins/detoxify?

Regardless of strong health, we can't stop being exposed to viruses and bugs etc and perhaps its not always a tired immune system that succumbs, but the body could also piggy back rather than fight a cold virus as an opportunity to rid and heal the body of toxins?

I'm only asking because I have the cold but also have a red rash across my chest and neck - not a pretty sight!!! (I've experienced this before and visited the doctor and he reached the conclusion it was nothing serious or contagious). So I'm thinking that the skin, just like the nose etc is another organ of elimination and perhaps the rash is a sign of my body having a good old clear out!

I'm not concerned about anything. Despite the nuisance of having a cold, I still feel robust and healthy. The rash doesn't suggest to me that I have the plague! I'm just optimistic and curious that this is a good sign of Mother Nature taking care of things with her love and wisdom.

Thank you for reading.
    xxx

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bassplayer1 For This Post:

Bob (10th February 2018), Cardillac (11th February 2018), Foxie Loxie (10th February 2018), GMB1961 (11th February 2018), Kryztian (11th February 2018), sigma6 (12th February 2018), toppy (11th February 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Default Re: The Common Cold as Nature's natural detox?

Hia BassPlayer1 - in this thread, see post 13 - https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1206661 and post 2 - - taurine may be what is lacking with the change. Since I added Taurine, no colds, no stuffiness.

4. Link to Post #3
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,188 times in 1,661 posts

a red rash on chest or neck has nothing whatsoever to do with colds; as an opera singer by profession I was given a good piece of advice decades ago (one's profession has nothing to do with the following- the following works for all):

one doesn't need any kind of ingested substances to avert colds (well, vitamin C might help but it helps everything)-

1: always keep your feet extremly warm and dry; always wear the warmest, water-tight best shoes/boots to enhance this; the minute your feet become cold/damp you are assured of a "cold"-

2: keep the BACK of your neck the warmest with a thick scarf/hood over your head that also protects the back of your neck- if your throat is exposed to cold it is completely irrelevant; keep the BACK of your neck warm!-

let alone your feet- it's the most important-

Larry

take this info from one who has been thru it all but doesn't really suffer from colds anymore because I've heeded the advice I was given (and have just related to you)-
    Last edited by Cardillac; 11th February 2018 at 21:03.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (11th February 2018), Tam (13th February 2018)

6. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member Bassplayer1's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,046 times in 264 posts

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    Hia BassPlayer1 - in this thread, see post 13 - https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1206661 and post 2 - - taurine may be what is lacking with the change. Since I added Taurine, no colds, no stuffiness.
    Thanks for sharing the link Bob xx

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    a red rash on chest or neck has nothing whatsoever to do with colds; as an opera singer by profession I was given a good piece of advice decades ago (one's profession has nothing to do with the following- the following works for all):

one doesn't need any kind of ingested substances to avert colds (well, vitamin C might help but it helps everything)-

1: always keep your feet extremly warm and dry; always wear the warmest, water-tight best shoes/boots to enhance this; the minute your feet become cold/damp you are assured of a "cold"-

2: keep the BACK of your neck the warmest with a thick scarf/hood over your head that also protects the back of your neck- if your throat is exposed to cold it is completely irrelevant; keep the BACK of your neck warm!-

let alone your feet- it's the most important-

Larry

take this info from one who has been thru it all but doesn't really suffer from colds anymore because I've heeded the advice I was given (and have just related to you)-
    Thank you Larry. Great advice that requires no effort to heed! xx

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    Thank you for sharing the link Bob xx

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bassplayer1 For This Post:

Bob (11th February 2018), Cardillac (11th February 2018)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,729 times in 2,903 posts

Quote Posted by Bassplayer1 (here)
    Hello everyone,

I recently switched to a vegan diet with no looking back - its one of the best things I've ever done!

Anyway, despite already feeling wonderful, I'm going to contradict myself here by saying that I haven't had a cold for just over six years - until a few days ago!

There's certainly no danger of me having not been eating properly or enough lol! I've been really enjoying learning and cooking tasty, comfort food from scratch and I don't feel run down or anything.

Do some of you think that we can catch colds for a variety of reasons including it being a convenient way for the body to eliminate toxins/detoxify?

Regardless of strong health, we can't stop being exposed to viruses and bugs etc and perhaps its not always a tired immune system that succumbs, but the body could also piggy back rather than fight a cold virus as an opportunity to rid and heal the body of toxins?

I'm only asking because I have the cold but also have a red rash across my chest and neck - not a pretty sight!!! (I've experienced this before and visited the doctor and he reached the conclusion it was nothing serious or contagious). So I'm thinking that the skin, just like the nose etc is another organ of elimination and perhaps the rash is a sign of my body having a good old clear out!

I'm not concerned about anything. Despite the nuisance of having a cold, I still feel robust and healthy. The rash doesn't suggest to me that I have the plague! I'm just optimistic and curious that this is a good sign of Mother Nature taking care of things with her love and wisdom.

Thank you for reading.
    xxx
    The bodies response to a cold will build immunity, I don't know about detoxing... funny you should associate the two... but following that line of thought as a possible underlying cause might be something... given what you described...

Based on the symptoms and area you described, I would suggest trying nascent iodine... double the dose on the bottle... see if it makes a difference, if it does... your trace mineral deficient...
    Last edited by sigma6; 12th February 2018 at 08:48.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 times in 784 posts

Herxheimer reactions ( healing crisis) often mimics flu like symptoms. If you have removed a lot of offending foods from your diet your body may be attempting to "heal" and produces this situation. Often rashes, acne, etc can occur when the body's other elimination systems are being over worked and only the skin is available to push out toxins.
    I develop eczema when my liver is performing poorly. So some supports for your detox and elimination pathways may be advisable. Perhaps Sauna to open your pores as well and drink copious amounts of high quality water. Some suggest a "liver flush" and milk thistle but there's 1000's of websites on supports and pathways to health.

I'm not expert on veganism but find it useful to employ by juicing a few times a year, although now I prefer water fasting. Good luck and congrats on your newfound energy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarisc...eimer_reaction

+ Reply to Thread