+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Does anyone here practice Qigong?

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,035 times in 358 posts

Default Re: Does anyone here practice Qigong?

The question I’d ask myself is, “Do I receive the benefits I’m looking for from this instructor and the course material?”

Outside counsel and over thinking is a way I trick myself into confusion so can put off making decisions. When I align with inner self and synchronicity, I know if and when it’s time to change things up.[/QUOTE]

It's too soon for me to make an ultimate decision. Over time I will know. So far I do like most of the exercises I've tried from this teacher so far though.

One of the most promised benefits of a consistent qigong practice is increased energy levels. Would you say that your energy levels greatly increased from practising qigong?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebecca For This Post:

Vernaianawa (17th February 2018)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rebecca7411 (here)
    @ Nomatic:

Do you know of any factual, objective techniques to gauge someone's energy or only more intuitive ways?
    If we were in the same room we could test the Qi but at a distance connecting energetically is the only way I know.

4. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by rebecca7411 (here)
    Would you say that your energy levels greatly increased from practising qigong?
    What is greatly increased? How does one calculate it? (rhetorical questions)

I didn’t go into it to increase my energy. I went into it for the experience. As I mentioned, life is a sum total of on-going choices, actions, beliefs, and experiences. I change what needs changing, and with each life tweak, it’s a net gain. Chi Kung/Tai Chi is only one minor part. Heck, it’s not even on my top 10 list of ‘how to live the highest standards of Paula-ness’.

Life is experience. Continue with your endeavors and you’ll have custom-made answers.

Stepping out of thread now...
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 17th February 2018 at 21:09.

5. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,035 times in 358 posts

I'd say there are some ways to notice energy changes. For example if you're a tea or coffee drinker having a desire to consume less may indicate an increase in energy. Or needing less sleep and waking up earlier.

I asked because it's such a widely promised benefit of qigong and was wondering what someone who practiced for many years may say

6. Link to Post #45
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

I have just finished with the first part of this series of presentation. Its good for the total beginner like me & packed full of information.

Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming

Understanding Qigong | Part 1 - What Is Qigong

Published 19th March 2017

Doctor Yang explains how the ancient Chinese practice of Qigong and Western science has proven what the ancient practitioners have known for centuries. Dr Yang gives a full account of the source and purpose of Qi/Chi in the bodily systems. Taking time to show the effects Qi/Chi has upon each system. How to heal the body, replenish the body and sustain the body.

Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming (楊俊敏博士) started his Gongfu (Kung Fu) training at the age of fifteen under the Shaolin White Crane (Bai He) Master Cheng, Gin Gsao (曾金灶). In thirteen years of study (1961-1974) under Master Cheng, Dr. Yang became an expert in the White Crane style of Chinese martial arts, which includes both the use of bare hands and of various weapons such as saber, staff, spear, trident, two short rods, and many others. With the same master he also studied White Crane Qin Na (or Chin Na), Tui Na and Dian Xue massages, and herbal treatment.

At the age of sixteen, Dr. Yang began the study of Taijiquan (Yang Style) under Master Kao, Tao (高濤). Dr. Yang's tai chi can be traced back to the Yang family through Master Kao's teacher Yue, Huanzhi (樂奐之), an indoor disciple of Yang, Chengfu (楊澄甫). After learning from Master Kao, Dr. Yang continued his study and research of Taijiquan with Master Li, Mao-Ching (李茂 清) and training partner Mr. Wilson Chen in Taipei. Master Li learned his Taijiquan from the well-known Master Han, Ching-Tang, and Mr. Chen learned his Taijiquan from Master Chang, Xiang-San. Dr. Yang has mastered the Taiji barehand sequence, pushing hands, the two-man fighting sequence, Taiji sword, Taiji saber, and Taiji Qigong.

Understanding Qigong | Part 2 - The Human Qi Circulatory System

Understanding Qigong | Part 3 - Key Points Of Qigong

Understanding Qigong | Part 4 - Qigong Breathing

Understanding Qigong | Part 5 - Embryonic Breathing

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

RunningDeer (18th February 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3