+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enough about Assange: What WikiLeaks has Revealed

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Post Enough about Assange: What WikiLeaks has Revealed

This is a topic I am somewhat agnostic about. Zookumar has made a case for Assange being a 5th column of sorts. Most common thing I hear is that there is nothing new under the Wiki Sun. I would separate the info thusly: a) Already knew it, b) already suspected it, c) doesn't surprise me and d) Well blow me down. I had no idea!

Highlights:

•Video of U.S forces gleefully slaughtering good Samaritans and journalists in Iraq
    •Logs that reveal secret orders that let U.S. ignore (outsource?) abuse (torture).
    •15,000 previously unrevealed civilian deaths in Iraq.
    •That Iraq War cheerleader Secretary of State H. Clinton ordered American diplomats to spy on U.N. officails.
    •That Obama and Republicans conspired to kill Spain’s probe into the Bush Administrations torture regime (and that B. Obama is a liar).
    •That the U.S. pressured Germany not to prosecute CIA officers for torture and rendition, and that Germany caved to this pressure.
    •That “top American leaders lied, knowingly to the American public, to American troops, and to the world.”
    •That the Obama administration and the president of Yemen conspired to hide U.S. authorship of military strikes in Yemen, just as it was also supplying arms to Saudi Arabia for use in Northern Yemen.
    •That India tortured Kashmir prisoners.
    •That the U.K. trained a death squad in Bangladesh.
    •That the U.K. agreed to shield U.S. interests in an Iraq probe.
    •That the Pope refused to cooperate in a sex abuse investigation. (eh.. this is a leak??? Then again maybe this is where I heard it from)
    •That the U.S. Embassy in Tegucigalpa recognized the ouster of Honduran President Manuel Zalaya as an illegal coup four days before the coup occurred, though the Obama administration thereafter quickly normalized relations with the coup government.
    •That China was behind a hack of Google’s network.
    •That U.S. Special Forces have indeed been secretly operating in Pakistan.
    •And, through the Afghan War Logs, that (surprise!) the occupation of Afghanistan is a ****ing catastrophe. (Keeping the obvious here)

This list courtesy of my friend Jason Rosencrantz who posted it here with helpful links.
    Last edited by 3optic; 30th December 2010 at 19:58.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to 3optic For This Post:

Anchor (30th December 2010), Arrowwind (6th January 2011), astrid (30th December 2010), Ba-ba-Ra (30th December 2010), Bright Garlick (13th February 2011), Caren (30th December 2010), fifi (30th December 2010), Jacob (31st December 2010), jaybee (31st December 2010), jeannacav (30th December 2010), noxon medem (31st December 2010), onawah (30th December 2010), shadowstalker (2nd January 2011), StephenW11UK (31st December 2010)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 times in 272 posts

Default Re: Enough about Assange: What WikiLeaks has Revealed

Thanks, 3optic for the highlights. I knew only a few of the highlights.

4. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

What percentage of the leaks is this, are we up to 1% yet ?
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by John (here)
    What percentage of the leaks is this, are we up to 1% yet ?
    This is research conducted by a friend who is not a member of this forum. I'll ask him what he's covered.

6. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Thanks, 3optic, for the list. There must be others beside myself who don't have the time search through all the released cables. Personally, I'd put all of these under your 'doesn't surprise me' heading. But, while WE wait for the Top Secret stuff, there must be many people out there who've never come across accusations as 'serious' as these and hopefully some of them will start to wake up. But will the advantages of such an outcome be outweighed by a retaliatory shut-down of the Internet?

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 times in 446 posts

Quote Posted by StephenW11UK (here)
    But will the advantages of such an outcome be outweighed by a retaliatory shut-down of the Internet?
    This is important... the way I see it, if they shut down the internet the people of the world have many ways to get the info out to others. After they shut the internet down, we will pass info along by phone and when they shut the phones off we will write to others like in the days before electronic communication. Are they going to shut down the mail system then? People need to understand that the info WILL get out no matter what. People should not fear. Word of mouth is always the best form of communication. Technology can be a curse. This will force people to get out of their houses and from behind a computer screen and talk face to face with others. I CAN'T WAIT... why should we have regrets about releasing this type of info? Soon it will be like that movie " The Invention Of Lying" people will forget how to lie because everything will be out in the open. This is for the betterment of mankind.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daledo For This Post:

Ahkenaten (31st December 2010), fifi (31st December 2010), StephenW11UK (31st December 2010)

9. Link to Post #7
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 times in 727 posts

We can always go back to carrier pigeons and drums that were the means of communicating across distances in the past. These techniques work and are nigh impossible to monitor and track

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahkenaten For This Post:

daledo (31st December 2010)

11. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

30 years ago, when the Internet was in it's infancy, a government may have been able to "shut it down". Not so today. Far too much commence relies on Internet connections. Far too many remote systems rely on control instructions from a central processor via the Internet. In other words, the Internet today, is so intertwined with daily life, that it has become essential. Is it physically possible? Yes, if the service providers were legally ordered to shut down the Internet, a single country could shut down "their" internet. In practical terms, they would have to turn them back on very quickly. In a global economy, one country could not shut down their internet without serious economic consequences.

In April, 2009, Jay Rockefeller sponsored a Bill to allow the president of the USA to shut down the Internet, under emergency powers, if there was a cyber attack on the USA. I don't think that Bill went too far, as I think most people who had a say, realized that Rockefeller had little concern for cyber security, but in fact had his own agenda.

No, I don't think the Internet can be "shut down" now. Has anyone heard of another Bill on this subject?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For This Post:

fifi (31st December 2010)

13. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,270 times in 1,763 posts

A leaked document implicating Prince Laurent of Belgium in the Dutroux case

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225910888268
    http://rosaleen-thewhistler.blogspot...ss-castle.html

14. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,959 times in 2,206 posts

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere on the forum yet

Wikileaks cable reveals U.S. conspired to retaliate against European nations if they resisted GMOs

http://www.naturalnews.com/030828_GMOs_Wikileaks.html

Quote The global GMO conspiracy is no longer a theory
    Need we say anything more? This cable proves, once and for all, that there is a global GMO conspiracy where government operatives work in secret to push Monsanto's GMO agenda while punishing opponents of GMOs and adding them to a "target retaliation list."

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

3optic (5th January 2011), Arrowwind (6th January 2011), Banshee (5th January 2011), StephenW11UK (7th January 2011), ThePythonicCow (5th January 2011)

16. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

Quote Posted by daledo (here)
    This is important... the way I see it, if they shut down the internet the people of the world have many ways to get the info out to others. After they shut the internet down, we will pass info along by phone and when they shut the phones off we will write to others like in the days before electronic communication. Are they going to shut down the mail system then? People need to understand that the info WILL get out no matter what. People should not fear. Word of mouth is always the best form of communication. Technology can be a curse. This will force people to get out of their houses and from behind a computer screen and talk face to face with others. I CAN'T WAIT... why should we have regrets about releasing this type of info? Soon it will be like that movie " The Invention Of Lying" people will forget how to lie because everything will be out in the open. This is for the betterment of mankind.
    OR......... perhaps we'll have to develop our abilities in mental telepathy!!!! .... which I think most of us believe in, and maybe have even had a few rare experiences, but because we have other technology available that serves the purpose, very few of us have spend much time developing this ability.

Many of us remember the first computers, they took up a whole room - and then they became smaller and smaller and now we have technology for sending messages that fits in our hand. A Vision: Same day, some kid will think he is holding is phone or ipod and will text and send the message before he realizes it wasn't in his hand - but it went through! And in that instance, the world would change!
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

3optic (31st December 2010), Ahkenaten (5th January 2011)

18. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,500 times in 430 posts

To address the fears of the internet being shut down, such an operation would require the cooperation of businesses/agencies that use the internet.

It's not happening. I see no reason for fear on this front.

19. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ba-ba-Ra (here)
    OR......... perhaps we'll have to develop our abilities in mental telepathy!!!! .... which I think most of us believe in, and maybe have even had a few rare experiences, but because we have other technology available that serves the purpose, very few of us have spend much time developing this ability.

Many of us remember the first computers, they took up a whole room - and then they became smaller and smaller and now we have technology for sending messages that fits in our hand. A Vision: Same day, some kid will think he is holding is phone or ipod and will text and send the message before he realizes it wasn't in his hand - but it went through! And in that instance, the world would change!
    Hahah! Yes! We are gratefully off topic here but I recall a Dr Ihaleakala Hew Len making this same point in a talk I attended. Maybe one day..
    Last edited by 3optic; 31st December 2010 at 18:14.

20. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

This from Mr. Rosencrantz:

Quote I have read through some myself at random, as well as from the Afghan war archive. The WGP blogpost is just sourcing other sources.
    Here's a CBS round up.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to 3optic For This Post:

fifi (5th January 2011)

22. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jaybee (here)
    Don't know if this has been posted anywhere on the forum yet

Wikileaks cable reveals U.S. conspired to retaliate against European nations if they resisted GMOs

http://www.naturalnews.com/030828_GMOs_Wikileaks.html
    Thank you! This shouldn't drop off the radar.

23. Link to Post #16
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,990 times in 1,091 posts

They don't want European bread baskets interfering with their plans to implement a world wide food shortage. Eliminating food autonomy is a priority for Monsanto...it would seem. Thanks jaybee.

+ Reply to Thread