+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Decoding Interstellar Emails

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,335 times in 4,609 posts

Default Decoding Interstellar Emails

Alien Messsages Should Be Deleted

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1802.02180.pdf

This message was actually co-produced by Prof. Michael Hippke and Prof. John Learned and published as paper for the Cornell University ( vis above)

I thought it could be Sorcha Fal news at first (Hippke and Learned ? Hmm ) but it does not seem to be the case.

And of course I’m hardly the one supporting such an ‘extremely right’ opinion but you know me, I’m also discussing for and against my own opinions and experiences all the time.

It sounds and feels like a heresy at first and not a true scientific statement but wait , did curiosity (not) kill a Cat ?
    Do not all cats and mice and humans ultimately pass away for their curiosity ? Curiosity here can be better understood as a/ignorance b/exploration c/wish to learn ..and so forth .
    Curiosity can’t be such a bad thing else we would get ultimately stuck in one safe timeline with few pieces of furniture .

So I think that the ‘ultimate scientific view’ above won’t pass with the greater humanity no matter how much these ( and other) gentlemen tried to warn us, the governments, the military , the school teachers, and all the other scientists . No thanks We want to know.

But wait just a second . We all have been there at least once.

As first hand experiences or witnesses of interstellar contact and more complicated it got..

the same thought has occurred :

something like “No, this is too otherworldly , this cant be shared . This won’t be understood easily and if it can’t be understood it will ultimately prove destructive just like any complex tool in human hands , it will only turn to someone’s weapon and power tool.

This is too smart . If it’s smarter than our current capacity of decipherment someone will break their teeth and heads on that matter” .

And so forth . It all did run through my mind after my complicated Bodhgaya encounter in 2002.
    Few people around did get mad . I have posted about it somewhere but certainly not my favourite topic to discuss.

And then ..the ‘scientific opinion’ above is in fact, not as isolated as it seems. Of course I had to overcome my fears to start talking which took couple of years back then ..

but ..reactions of various individuals with whom I’ve discussed it in years to come make more sense to me out of sudden .
    One Jungian psychologist who himself invited me to talk and we had a good four hour chat was of that opinion that the ‘13th chamber should not be opened’ else it leads to ..anything from madness to infertility ..

Cardiologist who was a family friend long ago and pretty smart seasoned guy simply pretended to be deaf when I mentioned that at the table

and many more people ..turning their heads away .

Now that all makes much more sense to me ,

it’s a paragraph IX of the Interstellar Communications Manual ( beaming another sarcastic geee to the bathroom mirror): Do not decode the message. Don’t even open it. If you suspect it’s an ET message ..

But hey ..Prof. Hippke and Learned ..

can you prove your opinion ..

If not ..buy me a coffee True, I am self destructive times to times but since I survived maybe coffee helps

Last edited by Agape; 14th February 2018 at 13:59.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bluegreen (16th February 2018), BMJ (15th February 2018), EFO (6th March 2018), Mercedes (14th February 2018), Star Tsar (15th February 2018), wisky (15th February 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,945 times in 464 posts

Default Re: Decoding Interstellar Emails

Hi Agape, well to me is kind of incredible that the article even was written without laughing at all. ETI sending a message? Ha that ship has sailed and gone back and forth a few times arround. These people (The science community) have so much contempt for the rest of us humans that they will do and say the most outrageous things with a straight face and then get paid for that. It's hard not to be a cynic anymore, they've done their work well.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

Agape (14th February 2018), Art (15th February 2018), EFO (6th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Hello Mercedes, yes I can well imagine the two went to drink after and laughed themselves off at the expense and struggles of the rest of us.

But in core of course their message is deadly serious. It’s the logical reason of reasons behind the non-disclosure stand of the whole government-military-scientific ..pseudo.. apparatus .
    It’s like the deep fear of maths that may break a head or a computer.

At the end they conclude that since benefits outweigh the risks they’d still better read the message but on paper.

It factually laughs the whole SETI Project off since you need computers to process big number of data received .

Leaves them with safe people like me or say , Valiant Thor who can doodle.

Even then . They’re simple not unusual . People usually do refuse to investigate that which is too unusual for the fear that their repeatable paradigm would be broken.
    Human mind -in order to function with stability - requires repetition .

Computers on the other hand can process un-repetitive data which would be the case with any original first hand ET message(s), think beyond anything already known to us such as sequence of prime numbers or Fibonacci sequence .
    Think of something unusual that only computer can find .
    Good example are today’s computers analysing human DNA sequences while not having more than collection of base patterns.

The question always begs whether any unrelated and more complex ET pattern would be decipherable by our computers or whether it would clog them readily .

Of course they missed the learning curve of the ET getting to know human minds and its evolution already ..

ET has learned that ‘small chat’ or funny names help to overcome complex troubles and distances . Irrational claims such “Hello, my name is Jeff. I love you’’ will possibly pass the test ..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

EFO (6th March 2018), Mercedes (14th February 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,945 times in 464 posts

Ha ha , yes, quite right you are. Still I just get annoyed at their so silly games. When in fact they 've been having tea and biscuits with ET for a while. Don't you worry about the computers clogging from the math, the ones they use are way beyond our capabilities. When ET decided to come here it already had a plan and how to implement it. Messages are I believe, not very convincing, and if you want something done right you better do it in person. And so they did. And I also believe they don care much for irrational, they go for what benefits them the most, I think they lie, deceive, destroy whatever they need just as long they get what they want. I'm talking of course about de 50% that are evil, at least I hope there is a 50% of benevolent ones too ( The optimist in me wants to) Anyway it doesn't look like the good ones are caring a lot , you know, that "prime directive" that prohibits them from intervening in our worldly affairs? Ha ha ha! Yeah right!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

Agape (15th February 2018), EFO (6th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mercedes (here)
    Ha ha , yes, quite right you are. Still I just get annoyed at their so silly games. When in fact they 've been having tea and biscuits with ET for a while. Don't you worry about the computers clogging from the math, the ones they use are way beyond our capabilities. When ET decided to come here it already had a plan and how to implement it. Messages are I believe, not very convincing, and if you want something done right you better do it in person. And so they did. And I also believe they don care much for irrational, they go for what benefits them the most, I think they lie, deceive, destroy whatever they need just as long they get what they want. I'm talking of course about de 50% that are evil, at least I hope there is a 50% of benevolent ones too ( The optimist in me wants to) Anyway it doesn't look like the good ones are caring a lot , you know, that "prime directive" that prohibits them from intervening in our worldly affairs? Ha ha ha! Yeah right!
    It’s all because those damn aliens can’t be so very different from humans so that we have already portrayed and understood them in our cartoons and movies.

They’re like us , 50% right and 50% wrong since this is the way Universe created us all since if it was only humans being so guillable all the antimatter could not be proven. Ever. Haha.

Well let’s hope that someone comes to challenge the paradigm . Like we have not been here already, said nothing .

Universe clogged with antimatter seems to be their favourite topic anyways ..

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

EFO (6th March 2018), Mercedes (15th February 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

There’s a movie I recallled and tried to watch yesterday called
    “The Astronaut’s wife”.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0138304/

It’s good sci-fi movie in my opinion but can’t recommend it to really sensitive people( like me), certainly not children or expecting mothers. Seriously, don’t watch it if that’s your case.

It exactly explores the idea of interstellar hijacking. Of course there are more( and more scary) movies of this kind but the Astronaut’s Wife is kind of illustrative example of how hijacking from ET intelligence could happen in reality.

In the movie, two astronauts returning from space station experience two minute black out, almost pass away but are recovered, resuscitated etc., one lives just three months more before dying for heart attack and his wife who started to notice some strangeness going on with him, commits suicide.
    The second astronaut, main protagonist impregnates his wife rather forcefully, retires from space flights, takes an offer to become CEO of air industry company supporting military project. His pregnant wife too starts noticing changes in his behaviour.

There are violent scenes at the end for which the movie is not recommendable for sensitive people but the gist of the story is ..

the two astronauts brains were hijacked by ET signal and intelligence ( whether biological or an AI is not clearly discernible in the movie) that wiped their human personality and in order to establish itself on this planet they forced themselves into their wives replicating in them as twins - twin computers .

What I wanted to say here is that in my opinion, such hijacking is not only possible but it’s one typical ‘negative factor’ of many even very benevolent ET encounters.
    Speaking of bio-hijacking that many of today’s scientists recently considered work of science fiction it’s slowly becoming practised eventuality,
    in genetics and other cutting edge life sciences.

Some of us ( me I know of ..) tried to inform the scientific community that signals from ET civilisations are being mostly received by human brains and bodies serving as biological receivers, transmitters and processors rather than their telescopes that are still operating and receiving signal on narrow band of elementary frequencies approved by them as ‘universal constants’.

It makes sense to me ( and only me ?) that technology and signal transmission million years more advanced than ours would not count on crude technical equipment for reception but would aim at range receivable and decipherable by biological organisms once their intelligence is sensitive to the signal.

It would be possibly also able to collect direct feedback or response ( biological or conscious ) to the signal even if the availability of such response is short timed.

In such manner a communication with faraway civilisation could be conducted through signalling for a long time monitoring their evolution, history and feedback before any physical contact is ever attempted.

In the next stage of such communication the signal could override local biological intelligence in way that we would interpret as ‘entity’ by reprogramming already existing pattern to another one.

What I’m trying to describe here is not far from the theory of panspermia but in this case concerns intelligent signalling through space,
    that could be both unintentional ( as in ‘search for other life’) or intentional as in ( seeding life to other planets) ,
    it could be invasive or non-invasive.

It would be probably whole signal range rather than narrow band that do occur at most encounter events, disrupting some technical devices or instruments,
    it could appear in more than one way.

In my opinion that is ..those scientist in SETI about their quest should really start working with living individuals who experience ET contact at times and not dismiss them automatically because it’s difficult to prove,
    Their telescopes are like the first TVs compared to modern space industry perhaps.

Why would an ET talk to your TV if he can talk to you.

Of course designing a proper communication system attached to human brain was attempted probably and before ,
    thinking of Dan Sherman and Project Preserve Destiny as one example.

The infamous Montaulk Project as another but in both cases, there did not seem to be very good outcomes and conclusions,

What I am trying to say here also is that ‘destroying ET message’ that has already hijacked either your computers( unheard of so far but not impossible) or your biological system would be almost impossible to do unless it’s very crude and kind of less intelligent in degrees so we could recognise it as such,
    if it is sufficiently advanced it would prevent you from destroying it by its nature itself and would rather try to communicate by resonance,

I mean. What can you do on long evenings. Chat to other planets ...

What’s the proof ? Could be very individual.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Agape For This Post:

EFO (6th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread