Thread: Mass Shooting in Parkland, Florida, High School: 14 Feb 2018

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,363 times in 496 posts

Default Re: Mass Shooting in Parkland, Florida, High School: 14 Feb 2018

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Quote Posted by ahamkara (here)
    Lots of teenage boys have spent thousands of hours playing violent shooting games. They are being programmed into violence.
    I'd like to point out that this is a common misconception, scientific studies have shown that shooting games are not related to violent behaviour. Although if a person is already disturbed, their view on reality has already been altered and they might not see the difference between entertainment and the real world. I would be more worried about young people being on antidepressants, which seem to enhance their suicidal and homicidal tendencies - in some cases. If they own guns too then that is a recipe for a disaster.

I'd like to second this as well.

I'm biased, as I'm an avid gamer, but time and time again, studies have shown that violent video games do NOT lead to increased violent behavior.

Another thing people don't realize as well, is that a lot of violent games are self-aware. Grand Theft Auto, for instance, a game that is a favorite among critics due to its outrageous nature, is deliberately so. It's a satire of society, of pop culture, and of other shooting games.

While I'm a pacifist and abhor violence, and find shooters rather boring to play, for the most part, I've played my fair share of violent games, and actually, I have found them to be a sort of release, to get rid of pent up anger inside of me, de-stress. I know a lot of gamers, and we all share the same understanding: it's just a video game, we're killing virtual monsters and mafiosos, and even in games like GTA where you can murder civilians, we know it's just a make-up world, and that we would never, ever harm anyone in real life.

Most gamers I know are some of the nicest people you'd ever met, who would cry if they saw a dead dog on the road. I know I have before

All that being said, however, mentally unstable adolescents, of which there are more of (I think medication and the poison in our food, as well as the total erosion of family in modern America, have a lot to do with it) than ever before it seems, are volatile enough to be triggered by all kinds of things, especially nowadays, where they can find like-minded people on forums like this one and normalize their thought processes.

As for the gun thing, let me chime in, as a Euro-American. I was born and raised in France, but have lived in America the vast majority of my 22 years.

I currently live in Texas, which, as I'm sure most of us know, is the mecca of gun ownership. The majority of people I know have at least a pistol, myself among them. I got it from a friend last week, after a shooting at our apartment complex scared me enough, as I'm alone most of the time, and the housing in most of America is pathetically low-quality (I was able to put a thumbtack into a wall stud the other day to hang up a poster). When we can feel the neighbors using the food disposal 4 rooms/walls down, or hear conversations crystal-clear if you put your ear to the hollow drywall, I don't trust the front door not to be kicked down with minimal effort, or a stray bullet to pierce through 2 apartments, into mine.

So I got a gun. A small, simple pistol, so that if push comes to shove, I at least have something to protect me.

Now, here are where my problems lie.

1) It is WAY too easy to get a gun, especially here in Texas. Like I said, I literally just got it from a buddy, who gave me one of his extras, and I needed no license to own or operate it, however, the gun is still technically registered under his name.

I could, if I wanted to, go to a gun store (hell, Walmart), and buy a gun, with ammo, right now, no questions asked, no background checks or anything like that. I could buy it with as much ease I could paint.

That is very, very wrong, in my opinion, because if I'm a mentally unstable, violent person, who had a bad day, then guess what, I just got a gun.

2) Trump has made it even easier to buy guns here, by dissolving restrictions that prevented the mentally ill as well as the retarded/deficient from buying guns

You read that right. Trump gave the green light to sell firearms to people like Nikolas Cruz, or people with an IQ of 75. If that isn't insanity (not to mention hypocrisy, given his latest tweet), then I don't know what is.

3) You can easily acquire military-grade weaponry

I mean, enough said. I get that there are Doomsday preppers and whatnot, but those people seem to be the minority, and I've seen way too many mouth-breathing crazy kids post pictures of their damn arsenals on facebook

4) Some states, like Texas, have legalized open-carry on college campuses

I mean, this is also crazy, to me at least. I get the idea that it can serve as a deterrent (if a shooter barges in, he gets shot), but I have yet to see too many people bringing in guns to the community college I attend, so if a shooter does show up, as far as I'm aware, we're doomed. That doesn't even take into account how hard it is to actually shoot a person if you're untrained, and how people tend to panic/flee in a crisis, etc.

So, while I think we should be allowed to arm ourselves, I think America as a nation is too sick to have that privilege to the degree that it does.

The numbers speak for themselves. When's the last time you've heard of a non-terrorist mass shooting outside America?

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th February 2018), Billy (16th February 2018), Cidersomerset (15th February 2018), Jean-Luc (16th February 2018), KiwiElf (16th February 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (16th February 2018), Rawhide68 (16th February 2018), Tintin (17th February 2018), Wind (15th February 2018)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

From post 37 previous page part 1...

FL SCHOOL SHOOTING! - ALEX JONES INFOWARS
    Source: https://youtube.com/watch?v=WBI7APc4HoU
    Published on 15 Feb 2018

===================================================

Part 2....Confusion was achieved and it does sound 'dodgy' even though the
    shooting and casualties were real things are not adding up. Multiple shooters ?
    Alex made a good point in the first vid how these events work.

LIVE EYEWITNESS INTERVIEW, FL SCHOOL SHOOTING! - ALEX JONES INFOWARS

Published on 15 Feb 2018
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 15th February 2018 at 19:42.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

KiwiElf (16th February 2018), Michelle Marie (16th February 2018)

5. Link to Post #43
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

The current NEWS suggestion is, if anyone makes a THREAT on social media, that they need to be brought in and then given a PSYCH EXAM to evaluate if they are a credible threat to society. The push is to "arrest on sight" those who do that. Hmm.. Police state suggestion? IS that where things like this prime the general masses to allow such things? I wonder.. They keep saying 'they are looking out for the greater good' ugh..

ref: live interviews fox business channel..

==update==

according to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office, investigators were able to identify Cruz from school security videos and found him in a nearby neighborhood in Coral Springs, Florida, according to police. Someone post those videos?
    Last edited by Bob; 15th February 2018 at 20:51.

6. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

Quote The current NEWS suggestion is, if anyone makes a THREAT on social media,
    The sheriff was making that point also from post 37. Earlier in aQ'anon
    post Dr.Corsi and team were speculating 'Q' was saying something was
    happening in the gulf and this could have been a distraction as these
    events always are. TPTB always hide events in plain site and like the
    magicians they are they distract the audience so something else could
    be brewing ?

Florida Sheriff Scott Israel Pleads For ‘Power’ To Detain People For Social Media Threats | NBC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIyHkKHFffM
    Published on 15 Feb 2018
    Following the horrific school shooting at a Parkland, Florida, high school, Sheriff
    Scott Israel discusses mental health issues, making threats on social media and
    why this country needs more law enforcement.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bob (15th February 2018), KiwiElf (16th February 2018), Michelle Marie (16th February 2018), yelik (16th February 2018)

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by Indigris (here)
    I'd like to second this as well.

I'm biased, as I'm an avid gamer, but time and time again, studies have shown that violent video games do NOT lead to increased violent behavior.

Another thing people don't realize as well, is that a lot of violent games are self-aware. Grand Theft Auto, for instance, a game that is a favorite among critics due to its outrageous nature, is deliberately so. It's a satire of society, of pop culture, and of other shooting games.

While I'm a pacifist and abhor violence, and find shooters rather boring to play, for the most part, I've played my fair share of violent games, and actually, I have found them to be a sort of release, to get rid of pent up anger inside of me, de-stress. I know a lot of gamers, and we all share the same understanding: it's just a video game, we're killing virtual monsters and mafiosos, and even in games like GTA where you can murder civilians, we know it's just a make-up world, and that we would never, ever harm anyone in real life.

Most gamers I know are some of the nicest people you'd ever met, who would cry if they saw a dead dog on the road. I know I have before
    Exactly. I'm too probably the most non-violent person you would meet and I absolutely despise violence in real life, in fact often I've been the one who has been more disgusted and saddened about seeing it. Especially seeing the abusive treatment of animals whereas it doesn't seem to bother others as much. In entertainment it never affected me, because it's just virtual.

I suppose that's a generational thing. Elder generations view videogames the same way like their parents view movies or their parents before it saw the rock music as satanic. Of course a lot of that had to to do with religion, but still. Also not to say that Hollywood and music industry wouldn't be infested with satanism, because they are. In fact James Holmes was part of one of those Hollywood-movie linked satanistic rituals. It's quite disturbing to understand as you untangle those kind of conspiracies and most people choose not to look there, because it can be too much to handle.

What is truly sad about this that this massacre won't certainly be the last one, far from it. That is the price to be paid for these gun laws.

Humans are a violent species. Some have succumbed to the their dark side (which we all have) and in the process corrupted their soul, they will want to take out as many people as possible. Some men see no meaning in the world, they just want to watch it burn for hate is all they feel. Some organizations operate from chaos too.

Last edited by Wind; 15th February 2018 at 19:33.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Cidersomerset (15th February 2018), KiwiElf (16th February 2018), Tam (16th February 2018), Tintin (17th February 2018)

10. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,079 times in 8,173 posts

I've just heard Matt Braken trying to squeeze this into a profile the evidence doesn't fit. He expresses a little surprise that the guy didn't die at the site.

But instead of concocting an elaborate reason why, how about going with the simplest possible read of the evidence ?

The guy was leaving the scene because he was one of the crowd of kids leaving the scene. There's no need to make up an elaborate story about him being double crossed by his 'handlers'. If he didn't do it, why wouldn't he be making his way out and away from the school ?

Even if the boss of a training outfit claims he was there training with them ( easily arranged by the spooks ), that doesn't mean a word of it is true.

From what I've heard so far, there is little mystery here. The guy didn't do it, and as a person who has, myself, been violently arrested and dragged off to be put in an orange one piece, no amount of dramatic shots of him being taken down as a monster will convince me he did. I'll need a lot more than that to convince me.

Roger Stone is now pumping the 'nutter who planned it all' theme now. Jeeze, this doesn't seem to even need MSM support go waltzing off into fantasy land.

Unless someone can prove to me that girl who spoke to him while the shooting was going on in a different part of the building is a plant to twist the story and confuse ( I think highly unlikely ) I really don't think he was a part of it at all, until the cops dropped him on the grass and wrapped him up as the patsy, that is.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

avid (15th February 2018), Bob (15th February 2018), Cidersomerset (15th February 2018), Hervé (15th February 2018), KiwiElf (16th February 2018), Michelle Marie (16th February 2018), seko (16th February 2018)

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Well he is still alive for now and staying silent , held no bond..
    Short and distinct.....

Florida school shooting suspect appears in court

Published on 15 Feb 2018
    Nikolas Cruz, the suspect in the school shooting in Florida, is
    being held without bond following his first court appearance.

==============================================

This seems odd as well he escaped the scene then just gave himself up
    when challenged.

Officer: Suspect Looked Like a Typical Student

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Q8OtfD9LI
    Published on 15 Feb 2018
    The police officer who arrested the high school shooting suspect in Florida says the
    teen looked like a "typical high school student" when he spotted him walking away
    from the school. (Feb. 15)

====================================================

More details from this longer segment the suspect is on suicide watch
    which is convenient if they do want to get rid of him pre trial , depending
    how things go. He lost his father when he was young, his mother recently
    to the flu it is believed , he has a mental illness history and could possibly
    be autistic ?

Florida school shooting: Broward county officials give update | ABC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kQHkRulX1k...

Streamed live 1 hour ago
    Broward Sheriff's department holds news conference on the high school
    shooting that killed 17 and injured 15.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 15th February 2018 at 21:01.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

KiwiElf (16th February 2018), Michelle Marie (16th February 2018), Noelle (15th February 2018), Tintin (17th February 2018)

14. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,734 times in 2,089 posts

Grandmother turns in teen after finding mass shooting plot one day before Florida massacre.
    A woman prevented a potential tragedy this week when she reported her 18-year-old grandson to police after learning of his plot to carry out a mass shooting at his high school.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/grandmoth...152359140.html

Bump the law to 21 before a gun, this will eliminate an entire group of kids to boys to men.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Bob (15th February 2018), Cidersomerset (15th February 2018), KiwiElf (16th February 2018), Noelle (15th February 2018)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Roger lives in the area and says his son is a Broward County deputy sheriff and he
    was on the scene yesterday and told him he could not talk about it except to say "
    Dad it was horrific".He also has a daughter in the Broward hospital who treated
    some of the injured..

When Cruz was captured was he waiting for a handler to extract him ? and
    other oddities discussed....

ROGER STONE: TERRIBLE, ARM TEACHERS? FALSE FLAG? - ALEX JONES INFOWARS

Published on 15 Feb 2018

===================================================

Last Friday This Terrorism Expert Predicted The Florida Attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-gUOAN2CFQ
    Published on 15 Feb 2018
    Alex Jones presents a video clip of Matt Bracken from Infowars Live's broadcast
    from last Friday where the terrorism expert predicted some sort of domestic terror
    attack in the coming weeks.

====================================================

Totally off topic but the headline stood out looking through the news
    sites ....Contradictions everywhere.

SAVE THE CHILDREN REPORT: More than 350 million children living in conflict areas
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6UQP-CdNow
    Published on 15 Feb 2018..France24
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 15th February 2018 at 22:33.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

KiwiElf (16th February 2018), Noelle (15th February 2018)

18. Link to Post #50
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

What's with the contradictions showing up about Cruz's JROTC commendations - "Cruz appeared to have been involved in the high school’s Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (JROTC) program, as his name was listed under several awards in 2016, including academic achievement for maintaining an A grade in JROTC and B in remaining academic subjects, consistently presenting an outstanding appearance and outstanding conduct throughout school." Like what is up with that? http://fox2now.com/2018/02/15/florid...ry-disturbing/

Before the hearing today, an official with the public defender’s office described Cruz as a “deeply troubled child who has endured a lot of emotional trauma in a short period of time.”

Here the "school" that "Cruz" shot up, expelled him for behavioral issues:

Florida School Shooter Had Been Expelled, Was Considered a Threat to Students

"According to the Associated Press, Cruz was expelled from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School for unspecified "disciplinary reasons." Math teacher Jim Gard told the Miami Herald that, after Cruz's expulsion, the school's administration was "told last year that he wasn’t allowed on campus with a backpack on him. There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus.”

ROTC says exceptional and has great academic skills. (Sounds a bit like some of the initial background of Colorado Shooter, James Holmes)..

School says "OUT" and never come back. Students say:

Current students at the high school recall being concerned about Cruz. Dakota Mutchler, a 17-year-old student, told the Guardian he "kind of cut off from him” last year because he'd been “progressively getting a little more weird." He also said Cruz's now-removed social media accounts were filled with posts about killing animals and weaponry.

Victoria Olvera, also 17, told the AP Cruz's expulsion had to do with a fight he'd had with his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend.

At some point we could expect to see "GRIEF COUNSELORS" talking to the students and teachers, instructing them how to feel grief, what to believe to cope.
    (Note: its there already: http://wlrn.org/post/resources-avail...ected-shooting)

19. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    What's with the contradictions showing up about Cruz's JROTC commendations - "Cruz appeared to have been involved in the high school’s Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (JROTC) program, as his name was listed under several awards in 2016, including academic achievement for maintaining an A grade in JROTC and B in remaining academic subjects, consistently presenting an outstanding appearance and outstanding conduct throughout school." Like what is up with that? http://fox2now.com/2018/02/15/florid...ry-disturbing/

Before the hearing today, an official with the public defender’s office described Cruz as a “deeply troubled child who has endured a lot of emotional trauma in a short period of time.”

Here the "school" that "Cruz" shot up, expelled him for behavioral issues:

Florida School Shooter Had Been Expelled, Was Considered a Threat to Students

"According to the Associated Press, Cruz was expelled from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School for unspecified "disciplinary reasons." Math teacher Jim Gard told the Miami Herald that, after Cruz's expulsion, the school's administration was "told last year that he wasn’t allowed on campus with a backpack on him. There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus.”

ROTC says exceptional and has great academic skills. (Sounds a bit like some of the initial background of Colorado Shooter, James Holmes)..

School says "OUT" and never come back. Students say:

Current students at the high school recall being concerned about Cruz. Dakota Mutchler, a 17-year-old student, told the Guardian he "kind of cut off from him” last year because he'd been “progressively getting a little more weird." He also said Cruz's now-removed social media accounts were filled with posts about killing animals and weaponry.

Victoria Olvera, also 17, told the AP Cruz's expulsion had to do with a fight he'd had with his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend.

At some point we could expect to see "GRIEF COUNSELORS" talking to the students and teachers, instructing them how to feel grief, what to believe to cope.
    (Note: its there already: http://wlrn.org/post/resources-avail...ected-shooting)
    Yes, I don't doubt any of that at all, and that's exactly what drew the bad guys to him, to set up an op. His profile was perfect, and when the reports of him and the worries people had about him rose up through the grapevine to the people who invent these stunts, he was doomed. They didn't need any contribution from him at all, just his patsy profile to pin it on.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bob (15th February 2018), gaiagirl (17th February 2018), KiwiElf (16th February 2018), Michelle Marie (16th February 2018), Noelle (15th February 2018), yelik (16th February 2018)

21. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Quote Posted by ahamkara (here)
    Lots of teenage boys have spent thousands of hours playing violent shooting games. They are being programmed into violence.
    I'd like to point out that this is a common misconception, scientific studies have shown that shooting games are not related to violent behaviour. Although if a person is already disturbed, their view on reality has already been altered and they might not see the difference between entertainment and the real world. I would be more worried about young people being on antidepressants, which seem to enhance their suicidal and homicidal tendencies - in some cases. If they own guns too then that is a recipe for a disaster.

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    I must ask: how in the blue hell can a teenager 'legally' buy an AR-15 attack rifle? Sorry, and I'm not trying to trash the 2nd Amendment, but to me this just smacks of absolute insanity.
    I could ask the same thing and I am actually not anti-gun at all. Why on Earth would a teenager need to own such a powerful rifle? In Europe such a thing would be unheard of. The American gun culture sometimes seems absurd to us.

I agree, except that the types of games and movies watched is a harbinger of what a "humans" interest is. If you watch porn a lot, then you are addicted to it, etc. It is all attempts to sway the attention of those most susceptible and there you are.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bob (15th February 2018), KiwiElf (16th February 2018), Michelle Marie (16th February 2018)

23. Link to Post #53
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

False Flag actors -- names, roles, connections

Broward County known for corruption.
    Timothy Holmseth has done extensive research--child trafficking
    Names names & questions narratives based on eye witnesses.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Arcturian108 (17th February 2018), Cidersomerset (16th February 2018), Kano (16th February 2018), KiwiElf (16th February 2018), yelik (16th February 2018)

25. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

ROGER STONE, OWEN, JALEN MARTIN, SHOOTING EYEWITNESS -
    ALEX JONES INFOWARS

Published on 15 Feb 2018

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

KiwiElf (16th February 2018)

27. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member Mandala's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,270 times in 869 posts

Quote Posted by KiwiElf (here)
    Start looking for the crisis actors...
    Guys there were no crisis actors. I was there. They were my students. This is for real. These kids died. I can verify it.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I am one of Avalon's own. I'm telling the truth. I knew the shooter.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I am one of Avalon's own. I'm telling the truth. I knew the shooter. I know the kids. Many were my kids.
    With Peace and Love, Mandala
    "Be the change you wish to see." Mahatma Gandhi

28. The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to Mandala For This Post:

Agape (16th February 2018), Arcturian108 (17th February 2018), avid (16th February 2018), Baby Steps (26th February 2018), Bill Ryan (16th February 2018), Billy (16th February 2018), Bob (16th February 2018), Cidersomerset (16th February 2018), Dennis Leahy (16th February 2018), enfoldedblue (19th February 2018), Flash (16th February 2018), gaiagirl (17th February 2018), Hervé (16th February 2018), Ivy23 (21st February 2018), Jad (23rd February 2018), jagman (16th February 2018), jc71 (24th February 2018), Jean-Luc (16th February 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (16th February 2018), JRS (16th February 2018), Kano (16th February 2018), Kate (22nd February 2018), KiwiElf (16th February 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (16th February 2018), Matthew (17th February 2018), Michelle Marie (16th February 2018), muxfolder (16th February 2018), Nasu (28th February 2018), Noelle (16th February 2018), norman (16th February 2018), pyrangello (16th February 2018), Reinhard (16th February 2018), RunningDeer (16th February 2018), T Smith (16th February 2018), Tintin (9th May 2018), Valerie Villars (16th February 2018), Wind (16th February 2018), ZoSo925 (17th February 2018)

29. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mandala (here)
    Guys there were no crisis actors. I was there. They were my students. This is for real. These kids died. I can verify it.

I am one of Avalon's own. I'm telling the truth. I knew the shooter. I know the kids. Many were my kids.

I don't doubt many people were slaughtered. What I doubt is that Cruz did it. From what I've seen so far, I think his troubled profile ( reported up stream ) attracted the attention the professionals who came in and did it under the cover of his perfect patsy profile. By professionals I mean the dodgy crooked squads who are working for deep state trying to dissarm America.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Cidersomerset (16th February 2018), Hervé (16th February 2018), Jayren (17th February 2018), KiwiElf (16th February 2018), Michelle Marie (16th February 2018), Nasu (28th February 2018), Noelle (16th February 2018), T Smith (16th February 2018)

31. Link to Post #57
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

Adults playing violent video games are not comparable to a 7 year old playing 5 hours or more a day during formative stages of development.

"An op-ed article appeared recently in the The New York Times discussing the Supreme Court’s decision to strike down California’s law barring the sale or rental of violent video games to people under 18. The author, Dr. Cheryl Olson, describes how the proposed law was based on the erroneous assumption that such games influence violent behavior in real life.

Dr. Olson suggests that the deliberately outrageous nature of violent games, though disturbing, makes them easily discernible from real life and suggests that the interactivity could potentially make such games less harmful.

She raises the question of how these two behaviors can be linked if youth violence has declined over the last several years while violent video game playing has increased significantly during the same period.

This analysis ignores the fact that such variation may be explained by factors other than the link between the two. A spurious variable–a third variable that explains the relationship between two other variables—may explain the negative correlation of video game playing and violent behavior. As one example, socioeconomic status may explain both a decline in violent behavior and an increase in video game playing. More affluent youth have the means and time to buy and play video games, which keeps them safely inside while avoiding potentially violent interactions on the street. Dr. Olsen also cites several studies that have failed to show a connection between violent video game playing and violent behavior among youth.

This conclusion, however, may not be as clear cut as it appears.

Youth violence remains a significant public health issue
    The decline of youth violence notwithstanding, it remains a significant public health issue that requires attention.Youth homicide remains the number one cause of death for African-American youth between 14 and 24 years old, and the number two cause for all children in this age group. Furthermore, the proportion of youth admitting to having committed various violent acts within the previous 12 months has remained steady or even increased somewhat in recent years (http://pediatrics.aappublications.or....full.pdf+html). Although the Columbine tragedy and others like it make the headlines, youth are killed everyday by the hands of another. A more critical analysis of the link between video game playing and violence is necessary for fully understanding a complex problem like youth violent behavior that has many causes and correlates.

Studies support a link between violent video games and aggressive behavior
    Researchers have reported experimental evidence linking violent video games to more aggressive behavior, particularly as it relates to children who are at more sensitive stages in their socialization. These effects have been found to be particularly profound in the case of child-initiated virtual violence.

In their book, Violent Video Game Effects on Children and Adolescents, Anderson, Gentile, and Buckley provide an in depth analysis of three recent studies they conducted comparing the effects of interactive (video games) versus passive (television and movies) media violence on aggression and violence.
    In one study, 161 9- to 12-year olds and 354 college students were randomly assigned to play either a violent or nonviolent video game. The participants subsequently played another computer game in which they set punishment levels to be delivered to another person participating in the study (they were not actually administered). Information was also gathered on each participant’s recent history of violent behavior; habitual video game, television, and move habits, and several other control variables. The authors reported three main findings: 1) participants who played one of violent video games would choose to punish their opponents with significantly more high-noise blasts than those who played the nonviolent games; 2) habitual exposure to violent media was associated with higher levels of recent violent behavior; and 3) interactive forms of media violence were more strongly related to violent behavior than exposure to non-interactive media violence.
    The second study was a cross-sectional correlational study of media habits, aggression-related individual difference variables, and aggressive behaviors of an adolescent population. High school students (N=189) completed surveys about their violent TV, movie, and video game exposure, attitudes towards violence, and perceived norms about violent behavior and personality traits. After statistically controlling for sex, total screen time and aggressive beliefs and attitudes, the authors found that playing violent video games predicted heightened physically aggressive behavior and violent behavior in the real world in a long-term context.
    In a third study, Anderson et al. conducted a longitudinal study of elementary school students to examine if violent video game exposure resulted in increases in aggressive behavior over time. Surveys were given to 430 third, fourth, and fifth graders, their peers, and their teachers at two times during a school year. The survey assessed both media habits and their attitudes about violence. Results indicated that children who played more violent video games early in a school year changed to see the world in a more aggressive way and also changed to become more verbally and physically aggressive later in the school year. Changes in attitude were noticed by both peers and teachers.
    Bushman and Huesmann, in a 2006 Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine article, examined effect size estimates using meta-analysis to look at the short- and long-term effects of violent media on aggression in children and adults. They reported a positive relationship between exposure to media violence and subsequent aggressive behavior, aggressive ideas, arousal, and anger across the studies they examined. Consistent with the theory that long-term effects require the learning of beliefs and that young minds can easier encode new scripts via observational learning, they found that the long-term effects were greater for children.
    In a more recent review, Anderson et al. (2010) also analyzed 136 studies representing 130,296 participants from several countries. These included experimental laboratory work, cross-sectional surveys and longitudinal studies. Overall, they found consistent associations between playing violent video games and many measures of aggression, including self, teacher and parent reports of aggressive behavior. Although the correlations were not high (r=0.17-0.20), they are typical for psychological studies in general and comparable with other risk factors for youth violence suggested in the 2001 Surgeon General’s Report on youth violence." By: Roanna Cooper, MA and Marc Zimmerman, PhD, MI-YVPC Director

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deborah (ahamkara) For This Post:

Bob (16th February 2018), Cidersomerset (16th February 2018)

33. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,676 posts

Quote Posted by robinr1 (here)
    its amazing people at this forum would post mainstream media bs after another governmental false flag.

Literally everything the mainstream media posts is lies or has an evil agenda. Why further the issue at a place where people come to get away from that?
    I'm not one to defend the mainstream media... but what your suggesting is simply not true. From the 48 Laws of Power, LAW # 12, Use Selective Honesty and Generosity to Disarm your Victim...

Put another way, if a giant rock falls from the sky and hits the earth, all the more fortunate for the propaganda juggernaut that nine times out of ten peddles BS and agenda, aka the MSM. By all means report on it, and report on it as objectively as possible and without bias.

I'm not saying this wasn't a staged event, but I wouldn't automatically jump to that conclusion just because the mainstream media is reporting on it.

A broken clock is right two times a day, too. Just because mainstream is capitalizing on some dirty laundry for ratings, and to exercise law #12 above, doesn't mean this was a false flag and didn't happen randomly or with the sponsorship of DARPA or MK ULTRA or some other dark and nefarious influence. This could just be a messed up pubescent who happened to be pretty mad at the world.

That said, I would bet the farm the kid was on psychotropics and overly vaccinated.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

KiwiElf (16th February 2018), Michelle Marie (16th February 2018), Wind (16th February 2018)

35. Link to Post #59
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

¤=[Post Update]=¤

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I am referring to the "crisis actors" who are interviewed on the MSM after the fact. (This includes real students/persons who make up, embellish or lie their stories to get their "5 minutes of fame on TV" - OR to push a narrative - usually the fakestream media's/Deepstate narrative = "Gun Control" ... and undoubtedly blaming Trump in the process).

Also a huge difference between a False Flag Op (hidden motives) and an outright Hoax. No one - me included - implied in any size shape or form that it was not real.

There is sufficient evidence emerging that this kid (the shooter) was used by "nefarious persons" to do the shooting as he was already predisposed to it, for whatever reason.

Having said that, I'm sorry for your loss, families, friends and victims and the terrible situation you found yourselves in.
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 22nd February 2018 at 00:51. Reason: grammar & spelling

36. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

¤=[Post Update]=¤

¤=[Post Update]=¤

So sorry to hear that you are so directly connected to those kids, Mandala. I don't think any of us "on the outside" can really imagine the emotional impact.

37. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Agape (16th February 2018), Baby Steps (26th February 2018), Cidersomerset (16th February 2018), Hervé (16th February 2018), Jad (23rd February 2018), Jean-Luc (16th February 2018), Kano (16th February 2018), KiwiElf (16th February 2018), Mandala (17th February 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (16th February 2018), Matthew (17th February 2018), Michelle Marie (16th February 2018), Nasu (28th February 2018), Reinhard (16th February 2018), RunningDeer (16th February 2018), T Smith (16th February 2018), Tintin (17th February 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 3 13 15 LastLast