+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast

Thread: Youtube strikes, bans and censorship, with links to backup and alternative sites

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,461 times in 21,498 posts

Default Re: Youtube strikes, bans and censorship, with links to backup and alternative sites

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    Isaac Green. -- Anti School
    Permanently banned
    For now, Anti School can be found on the new Youtube channel Elliott Marxx
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

DNA (1st March 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th February 2018), KiwiElf (28th February 2018), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018)

3. Link to Post #62
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Default Re: Youtube strikes, bans and censorship, with links to backup and alternative sites

Kim Dotcom Takes on Deep State Censorship of Tech Giants Google & Facebook & a Court Subpoena for Obama when he arrives in NZ

- Article cross posted from "Q" Thread

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...89#post1211089

4. Link to Post #63
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

We have to be fair to this interview , it should be listen in its whole, they also talk of the Arab Spring and the real reasons beneath it, etc.

Quote Posted by turiya (here)
    And now, Richie from Boston... down & out...

THIS IS THE FACE OF EVIL
    (Feb 27, 2018)

VIDEO

https://youtube.com/watch?v=T62aJ2kDk0g

Peter Thiel tells Google Chairman:
    "You have NO IDEA what you're doing"

Peter Thiel: Google is a great company. It has 30,000 people, 20,000, or whatever the number. They have pretty safe jobs.

On the other hand, Google has 30-40-50 billion in cash. It has no idea how to invest that money in technology effectively. And so, it prefers getting zero percent interest from Mr. Bernanke.

Effectively, the cash sort of gets burned away over time through inflation, because there are no ideas that Google has on how to spend their money.

Eric Schmidt: The core problem that we going foward is that there are two forces that are going to govern much of what's going to happen in the future:
    The first is globalization, which we're not going to repeal.
    And the second one is automation, which we're not going to repeal.
    And if you look, these problems are utimately cast in political systems in the West, and I think, eventually, globally as jobs problems. And the solution to jobs problems, in my view, is education... education at many levels, in many different ways, that we can discuss.

I don't see another solution to this. It's absolutely true, as Peter says, that these gems, if you will, and you were nice enough to describe them so well, they're not employing enough people....

Peter Thiel:
    You have $50 billion, Google, why don't you spend it on doing more in tech? Or, are you out of ideas?

And, I think Google does more than most companies. You're trying to do things with self-driving cars, supposedly with asteroid mining... or maybe, that's just part of the propaganda ministry. And, you're doing more than Microsoft or Apple or alot of these other companies.

Amazon is the only one of the big tech companies that's actually re-investing all its money - it has enough of a vision of the future - that they're actually able to re-invest all their profits.

If we're living in an excelerating technological world, and you have 0% interest rates in the background, you should be able to invest all of your money in things that will return it many times over. And the fact that you're out of ideas... maybe, its a political problem - the government outlawed things - but its still a problem.

Moderator:
    I'm going to the audience very soon, but I want you to have an opportunity to address....

Eric Schmidt: I think I'll just let his statement stand.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st March 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th February 2018), Franny (1st March 2018), KiwiElf (28th February 2018), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), Reinhard (2nd March 2018)

6. Link to Post #64
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,098 times in 2,584 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    Isaac Green. -- Anti School
    Permanently banned
    For now, Anti School can be found on the new Youtube channel Elliott Marxx
    Thanks, Paul.

He also notifies us in his video that he will be on Bitchute and Dtube.

Tracy Beanz said the same thing. They are diversifying.

Good.
    MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 1st March 2018 at 17:56.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st March 2018), DNA (1st March 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th February 2018), KiwiElf (28th February 2018), onevoice (28th February 2018), ThePythonicCow (28th February 2018)

8. Link to Post #65
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

X22Report just announced on its most recent video that they're starting to make the transition to D.Tube... The videos that focus on the political side of their reporting (the Part b episodes) will start being posted on D.Tube...

Last edited by turiya; 28th February 2018 at 23:29.

9. Link to Post #66
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Titus Frost reports that his YouTube channel is completely shutdown, deleted, and banned.

You can find details and alternative places to follow him in his steemit article: No Free Speech on YouTube Update - Banned Completely From Youtube & #TitusFrost Deleted. #BanWords

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st March 2018), DNA (1st March 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st March 2018), Franny (1st March 2018), KiwiElf (1st March 2018), Michelle Marie (1st March 2018), Reinhard (2nd March 2018)

11. Link to Post #67
    Language
    English
    Thanks

FakeNewsReport also reports that his Youtube channel has been taken down.

You can find more details in his steemit articles, such as: Florida Shooting HOAX - "They told Us they were Going to Have Fake and Have People Screaming Like a Drill"

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st March 2018), DNA (1st March 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st March 2018), Franny (1st March 2018), Michelle Marie (1st March 2018), Reinhard (2nd March 2018)

13. Link to Post #68
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

https://splinternews.com/obama-is-fe...net-1793862803

Quote Speaking from the White House Frontiers Conference in Pittsburg on Thursday, President Barack Obama told the crowd at Carnegie Melon University that the amount of false content on the internet is its ironic Achilles heel. While the internet has given us vast troves of knowledge, it's hard to tell when that information is false. What we need, he said, is a way to measure 'truthiness.'

(Yes, he used the word created by Stephen Colbert in 2010. "I wanted a silly word that would feel wrong in your mouth," Colbert said at the time.)

Obama, though, was using the word sincerely. He wants the Web to be truthier. "We're going to have to build within this Wild Wild West some kind of curating function that people can agree to," Obama said.

His particular concern was the vast web of misinformation on the web about climate change.

"Everything on the internet looks like it might be true," he said. "Everything suddenly becomes contested."

Obama didn't spell out how exactly he'd like to defeat the internet rumor mill. It would be easy for "fact-checking" the web to start looking an awful lot like government censorship. Take China, where authorities have taken to deleting speculation, unverified commentary and false information posted online, a practice that is widely viewed as just another method of the government's dictatorial censorship.

While light on details, Obama said that censorship was not what he had in mind.

"The answer is obviously not censorship, but in creating places where we can say that the information is reliable," he said. "There has to be some sort of way we can sort through information that passes some sort of truthiness test."

Others before Obama have, of course, taken a stance against misinformation, but the web of internet lies has proven hard to untangle. Last year, Facebook announced that it would label suspected fake news with a warning and reduce the appearance of posts with misinformation in the News Feed. But instead of stamping out all the misinformation circulating on Facebook, Facebook is now instead dealing with an uptick in its spread. As the Washington Post recently reported, "Facebook has repeatedly trended fake news since firing [the] human editors" who used to curate its Trending Topics.
    So have I got this right? In 2016 the President of the United States (Obama) officially sanctioned the need to find a solution to curb “fake news”. And they want to create places where they can say this information is reliable. Which also means they may want to create places where they can say this information is not reliable.

If they are using the PROBLEM – REACTION – SOLUTION strategy are we seeing this in
    effect now?

[PROBLEM] THEM: How do we shut down alternative sites that are getting too close to the truth? [PROBLEM]

[REACTION] Put bots in charge of curation. They knew that non-human editors would cause a surge in trending topics – i.e. truther sites as they have gained significant traction and threat. [REACTION]

[SOLUTION] Time to start banning their choice of fake news on youtube, fb, etc because an alternative has been provided to corral the offenders: Steemit – Launched March 2016 [SOLUTION]

As much as I like the idea of an alternative platform, it is potentially retrograde and needs vigilance imho. Once a herd is corralled it is very easy to kill it.

My concern is what strategies they may have up their sleeve for eventually “poisoning the trough” at Steemit in order to retain the consciousness and viewership of the “general population” whilst pointing the finger at, and falsely discrediting, thousands of genuine truth movement sites who have been “forced” into the corral.

Innovative alternative strategies need to also be considered for solving this dilemma me thinks.

But if not, I hope the people’s consciousness is strong enough to view both platforms instead of boycotting one for the other and in doing so create a non-integrated fringe; just when fringe was seriously being taken notice of.
    (E.G. See this post: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1211154)

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st March 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st March 2018), Franny (1st March 2018), KiwiElf (1st March 2018), Michelle Marie (1st March 2018), Reinhard (2nd March 2018), Tintin (1st March 2018)

15. Link to Post #69
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I depend on YouTube for long standing videos that I revisit quite often -- to take another
    look at and/or to share the links. Really wouldn't want to see those videos disappearing.

Also same for Wikipedia -- which since June 2017 has been being severely edited ... not
    to improve factual information, but to dilute it, to make the report confusing, convoluted
    and difficult for readers to understand. No reader will feel they are getting reliable info.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Curious77 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st March 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st March 2018), Franny (1st March 2018), Michelle Marie (1st March 2018), Reinhard (2nd March 2018), Tintin (1st March 2018)

17. Link to Post #70
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,659 times in 5,418 posts

Linda Kirby was recently posting on some of the suspicious events surrounding the recent Florida school shooting. She's now being blocked from Youtube. She had over 3 million views over the last 5 years of her Youtube videos.

Linda Kirby reports on problems she finds with our (US) government and with the news as we're told it by the mainstream media. She has just announced on Youtube with an entry that has just a title and description, but no video content, that: "I'VE LOST MY ABILITY TO UPLOAD VIDEOS, PLS READ DESCRIPTION FOR INFO".

She's now operating on bitchute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/OsYxBxQUpJHs/
    I've just been onto her bitchute channel and she seems to be suggesting moving away from there to her own site, which is a good idea: www.whatsgoingonnews.com

Note: her youtube account has closed.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st March 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st March 2018), KiwiElf (1st March 2018), Michelle Marie (1st March 2018), Reinhard (2nd March 2018), RunningDeer (2nd March 2018), ThePythonicCow (1st March 2018)

19. Link to Post #71
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,659 times in 5,418 posts

In related news, though not specifically involving Youtube, the social media and discussion website Medium has removed without prior notice all the accounts of Mike Cernovich, Jack Posobiec, and Laura Loomer.

This was reported two days ago both by Julian Assange in this tweet, and by Paris Martineau in this post. The CEO of Medium is Evan Williams, who was also a Twitter co-founder.

Mike Cernovich, Jack Posobiec, and Laura Loomer can still be found on their twitter accounts, https://twitter.com/Cernovich, https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec, and https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer, respectively.
    Laura Loomer, who I have tremendous respect for is now posting up more regularly on her own site: https://www.lauraloomer.us/ as per her recent Twitter post, here:

Laura Loomer

@LauraLoomer
    16h16 hours ago
    More
    "Due to censorship and the fact that literally 90% of what I post is marked as sensitive material (even if I post a smile emoji or the letter L), I'll be posting most of my content on my website from now on."
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st March 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st March 2018), KiwiElf (1st March 2018), Michelle Marie (1st March 2018), Reinhard (2nd March 2018), RunningDeer (2nd March 2018), ThePythonicCow (1st March 2018)

21. Link to Post #72
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,625 times in 32,796 posts

I'm cross-posting part* of Hervé's post from the other '3 strikes' thread, here:

* Posting only part, because this is the thread for listing affected or closed channels. The content in this post is very useful... see below.

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    YouTube Goes On Rampage Against Conservative Accounts; Blames "Newer Members" Of Mod Team

by Tyler Durden
    Thu, 03/01/2018 - 08:23

YouTube has blamed "newer members" of it's 10,000 person fleet of content moderators for a virtual bloodbath of video takedowns, strikes, and account restrictions taking place across a large cross-section of conservative channels.

The Google division announced the new moderators in December, tasked with spotting said fake news, along with misleading or extreme content in the wake of a raging debate over the effect of propaganda and inaccurate reporting after Hillary Clinton's 2016 election loss.

Google essentially responded to the crackdown on conservatives with "our bad," after news of the mass censorship began to spread.
    "As we work to hire rapidly and ramp up our policy enforcement teams throughout 2018, newer members may misapply some of our policies resulting in mistaken removals," wrote a YouTube spokesman in an email. "We’re continuing to enforce our existing policies regarding harmful and dangerous content, they have not changed. We’ll reinstate any videos that were removed in error."
    Some of the banned accounts include:
    Anti-School, Bombard's Body Language, Charlton, Charles Walton, Defango, Dustin Nemos, David Seaman, Destroying The Illusion, Ron Johnson, Richie Allen, and Titus Frost.

Those who were issued strikes, partial bans, or temporary suspensions include According to Joe, Blackstone Intelligence, BakedAlaska, InfoWars, Jerome Corsi, Military Arms Channel, and MrLTavern, among many others. -The Outline
    Over the last week, The Alex Jones channel was issued two strikes - however the second one was mysteriously removed hours later, maybe due to on overzealous "newer member" who disagreed with Infowars' politics.

And last August, politically incorrect University of Toronto professor Jordan B. Peterson found himself locked out of his YouTube account with no explanation before regaining access.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (1st March 2018), Helene West (1st March 2018), Hervé (2nd March 2018), KiwiElf (2nd March 2018), Michelle Marie (1st March 2018), Reinhard (2nd March 2018), RunningDeer (2nd March 2018), ThePythonicCow (1st March 2018), Tintin (2nd March 2018)

23. Link to Post #73
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

Google (and therefore YouTube) is - let's be honest - an awful, hypocrisy-riddled load of old tosh. Whenever you try to use its searches for something, or ask it to translate something, or find an ISP it doesn't like very much, it becomes clear that its staff at a senior level are an unmitigated bunch of censorious liars.

The company badly needs regulating on the data sharing thing (reading the crap it gives out about this side of its operation is like listening to Tony Blair). Above all it needs a serious competitor to give a hefty boot up its jacksie. Kind of like the PC manufacturers and software providers did with IBM. YouTube and Google have become big fat complacent lumps just waiting to be taken apart by a hungry competitor with people having at least a semblance of ethics.

The time is ripe perhaps?
    Last edited by happyuk; 1st March 2018 at 17:42.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st March 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st March 2018), Hervé (2nd March 2018), KiwiElf (2nd March 2018), Michelle Marie (1st March 2018), Reinhard (2nd March 2018), Ron Mauer Sr (2nd March 2018), RunningDeer (2nd March 2018), ThePythonicCow (1st March 2018), Tintin (2nd March 2018)

25. Link to Post #74
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

I'm not sure from above if this means the banned will be reinstated?

I for one would prefer those banned to say Screw You to utube and NOT go back.

Do we need to be sitting at the edge of our seats waiting with bated breath to see who is banned next? I think we need to put more effort to strengthen the alternative channels. We need to abandon YouTube, to deal with our dependency and say drop dead to these fascistic unamerican monopolies on communication.

What good is getting reinstated when they are hiring the biggest bigots in the western hemisphere such as the SPLC? channels will be good for 2 months then we'll be going through this all over again?

There's a need to make and distribute lists to the public of alternative sites, bitchute, vimeo, periscope, etc. (many of you know much more than I) and start sending them to everyone we know.

I don't like the interface of many of these other sites but then it's change - I don't always like change. Youtube was convenient and easy to see and navigate and some of the others aren't but I and others need to get over our resistance to changing habits and start frequenting the new and real alternatives. Leave YouTube to the Ellen's and jimmy kimmel's and cooking shows.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st March 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st March 2018), Hervé (2nd March 2018), KiwiElf (2nd March 2018), Michelle Marie (1st March 2018), Mike (1st March 2018), Reinhard (2nd March 2018), RunningDeer (2nd March 2018), ThePythonicCow (1st March 2018), Tintin (2nd March 2018)

27. Link to Post #75
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,796 times in 20,840 posts

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st March 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st March 2018), Helene West (2nd March 2018), Hervé (2nd March 2018), KiwiElf (2nd March 2018), Michelle Marie (2nd March 2018), Reinhard (2nd March 2018), RunningDeer (2nd March 2018), Tintin (2nd March 2018)

29. Link to Post #76
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,176 times in 8,187 posts

Quote Welcome to Gab, a social network that champions free speech, individual liberty, and the free flow of information online. All are welcome.
    https://gab.ai
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 1st March 2018 at 20:48. Reason: made the link live
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st March 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st March 2018), Helene West (2nd March 2018), Hervé (2nd March 2018), KiwiElf (2nd March 2018), Michelle Marie (2nd March 2018), Nasu (2nd March 2018), Reinhard (2nd March 2018), RunningDeer (2nd March 2018), Tintin (2nd March 2018)

31. Link to Post #77
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Youtube channel of Bombard's Body Language is back on the air again, with its over quarter of a million subscribers:

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd March 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd March 2018), Hervé (2nd March 2018), KiwiElf (2nd March 2018), Michelle Marie (2nd March 2018), Nasu (2nd March 2018), norman (2nd March 2018), Reinhard (2nd March 2018), RunningDeer (2nd March 2018), Tintin (2nd March 2018)

33. Link to Post #78
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,625 times in 32,796 posts

Dr Jeromi Corsi's YouTube channel has been closed. He's going to Gab.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd March 2018), Helene West (2nd March 2018), Hervé (2nd March 2018), KiwiElf (2nd March 2018), Michelle Marie (2nd March 2018), Nasu (2nd March 2018), Reinhard (2nd March 2018), RunningDeer (2nd March 2018), ThePythonicCow (2nd March 2018), Tintin (2nd March 2018)

35. Link to Post #79
    Language
    English
    Thanks

InvestmentWatchblog.com has just posted this Alphabetical List of 70 Banned YouTube Channels.

Many of the Youtube Channels that we've been listing above are on that list, as well as many other Youtube Channels that I don't recognize. It's possible, so far as I can tell so far, that InvestmentWatchblog is including Channels that were banned or that received strikes some weeks or months ago, prior to this latest round of censorship. InvestmentWatchblog does not provide any further details or links for any of these Channels, their contributors, or of the alleged bans. This list might also include small channels of no particular political consequence or relevance, of the sort that perhaps Youtube cleans out on an ongoing basis.

I don't have time right now to go chasing each of these down, to figure out what happened, who they are, and where else they can be reached.

If you (the gentle reader) happens to notice a name on this list, that we haven't listed already in this thread, and if the particulars are relevant to this thread, you're of course welcome to add those key details to this thread. Thanks!

This list has been posted on several other sites as well. I don't know (yet anyway) where the list originated. There are potentially useful discussions of this list at https://voat.co/v/Conspiracy/2423389, https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/...tube_channels/, and https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/...tube_channels/,

One of the following I did catch some details on when I did a search for them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2b7sPD5Nyo discusses the banning of "The Kepler Telescope Channel"

For the record, here's the list:
    1. According to Joe
    2. Adamic Amethyst
    3. AmericanEveryman
    4. animal farm
    5. Anti-School
    6. aplaintruth
    7. Arthur Koestler
    8. Back to the Constitution
    9. Barry Soetoro
    10. Blackstone
    11. Bombard’s Body Language
    12. Brave New World
    13. Charles Walton
    14. Charlton
    15. Colin Flaherty
    16. Crow777
    17. Darkness at Noon
    18. David Seaman
    19. Defango
    20. Destroying the Illusion
    21. Dr. Jerome Corsi
    22. Dr. of Common Sense
    23. Dustin Nemos
    24. Edgy Sphinx
    25. Elliott Marxx
    26. Factions of Freedom
    27. FAKE NEWS REPORT
    28. Free Radio Revolution Revived
    29. FromDeath2Life
    30. Gematrianator
    31. HowISeeTheWorld
    32. InTruthbyGrace
    33. Jake Morphonios
    34. Jay Myers
    35. Jim Marrs
    36. Joanne Steen
    37. Johnny Supertramp
    38. JYW420
    39. Kalika from “For the People”
    40. Kearn Kearsy
    41. Kevin K Johnston
    42. Kinningan
    43. Lawarewolf
    44. Liberty Columnist
    45. Mag Bitter Truth
    46. Matrix Breakout
    47. Max Malone
    48. McFly
    49. McSimonius
    50. mgtow is freedom
    51. Mlordandgod
    52. Murdock Murdock
    53. Operation Hal
    54. Peekay
    55. Peekay Boston
    56. Psyched Substance
    57. Redd Dog Truth
    58. Richie Allen Show
    59. RichieFromBoston
    60. Ron Johnson
    61. Russian Vids
    62. Sargon of Akkad
    63. The Black Child
    64. The Kepler Telescope Channel
    65. The Ochelli Effect
    66. Titus Frost
    67. Urban Moving
    68. Victurus Libertas VL
    69. WAP tech
    70. Willy Myco
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 2nd March 2018 at 09:08.

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd March 2018), Ewan (2nd March 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd March 2018), Harley (2nd March 2018), Hervé (2nd March 2018), KiwiElf (2nd March 2018), Michelle Marie (2nd March 2018), norman (2nd March 2018), Reinhard (2nd March 2018), RunningDeer (2nd March 2018), Tintin (2nd March 2018)

37. Link to Post #80
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

This from SGT's most recent video: Richie From Boston is back up... the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) ==> the rat behind this Stasi Squad...

YOU TUBE'S 10,000 ENFORCER STASI SQUAD EXPOSED
    (Mar 1, 2018)
    Bloomberg
    news
    YouTube's New Moderators Mistakenly Pull Right-Wing Channels

By Mark Bergen
    February 28, 2018, 3:12 PM EST

YouTube’s new moderators, brought in to spot fake, misleading and extreme videos, stumbled in one of their first major tests, mistakenly removing some clips and channels in the midst of a nationwide debate on gun control.

The Google division said in December it would assign more than 10,000 people to moderate content after a year of scandals over fake and inappropriate content on the world’s largest video site.

In the wake of the Feb. 14 school shooting in Parkland, Florida, some YouTube moderators mistakenly removed several videos and some channels from right-wing, pro-gun video producers and outlets.

Some YouTube channels recently complained about their accounts being pulled entirely. On Wednesday, the Outline highlighted accounts, including Titus Frost, that were banned from the video site. Frost tweeted on Wednesday that a survivor of the shooting, David Hogg, is an actor. Jerome Corsi of right-wing conspiracy website Infowars said on Tuesday that YouTube had taken down one of his videos and disabled his live stream.

Shutting entire channels would have marked a sweeping policy change for YouTube, which typically only removes channels in extreme circumstances and focuses most disciplinary action on specific videos. But YouTube said some content was taken down by mistake. The site didn’t address specific cases and it’s unclear if it meant to take action on the accounts of Frost and Corsi.

"As we work to hire rapidly and ramp up our policy enforcement teams throughout 2018, newer members may misapply some of our policies resulting in mistaken removals," a YouTube spokeswoman wrote in an email. "We’re continuing to enforce our existing policies regarding harmful and dangerous content, they have not changed. We’ll reinstate any videos that were removed in error."

The misstep pulls YouTube, Google and parent Alphabet Inc. deeper into a toxic political fights over gun control, fake and extreme content, and whether internet companies should be responsible for what third parties post on their services. The episode also shows how the huge video site continues to struggle with policing the service and how difficult it is to spot troubling content and decide whether the material should be taken down.

Gun reform calls since the shooting have sparked a rash of conspiracy theories on the web about the student activists. YouTube was criticized last week after promoting a video with a title that suggested Hogg, the teen survivor of the Florida school shooting, was a paid actor. The clip contained footage from an authoritative news source, leading YouTube’s software-based screening system to misclassify it. After YouTube was alerted to the video, it was pulled.

In the wake of the Florida shooting, Google and other internet companies are facing external pressure to remove the National Rifle Association’s NRA TV channel from their video streaming services. To date, YouTube and other services haven’t pulled the NRA’s official channel.

YouTube’s official policy says that "harmful or dangerous" and "hateful" content can violate its guidelines. If video creators break the rules three times within three months, YouTube terminates the account.

Alex Jones, who runs Infowars and has pushed conspiracy theories about school shootings, is the most outspoken self-proclaimed victim of YouTube. He said this week that YouTube told him his account faces two strikes. On Tuesday, an Infowars article stated that Google was "purging conservative media," claiming that "CNN and other news outlets" were lobbying Google to terminate the Infowars channel.

Bloomberg
    Last edited by turiya; 2nd March 2018 at 15:40.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast